- He has more than twenty - five years of executive management consulting experience.
- His executive-level consulting endeavors encompass establishing business and IT strategies, creating enterprise solution architectures, streamlining order-to-cash business processes, developing cybersecurity frameworks, delivering regional health information exchanges, and establishing enterprise data governance frameworks.
- Executive Relationships
- Business and IT Strategies
- Data Governance
- Solution Architecture
- Compliance and Controls
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- International Logistics
- Business Architecture
- Enterprise Change Mgmt
- Enterprise Architecture
- Program / Project Management
- Third Party Management
- Service Delivery
Data Governance Lead
- Established Cybersecurity NIST and 23 NYCRR 500 Maturity Assessment Framework
- Established MDM Maturity Assessment Framework
- Established Data Governance Maturity Assessment Framework
- Appointed to design and “stand up” a data (or information) governance program that would manage data assets across international and domestic lines of business. This governance program was based on an Enterprise Information Management (EIM) strategy that included a vision, organization, and program roadmap. The program roadmap established multiple tracks whose subsequent projects were recommended based on top-down and bottom-up analysis of corporate strategic goals, business drivers and current pain-point analysis.
- Defined and implemented key EIM sub-process areas as part of the Data Governance Framework (DGF), which included drafting policies and processes around core functions such as Data Security, Data Quality (compliance and controls) and Master Data Management.
- Deployed the DGF through data governance and stewardship training, implementation of Council, and configuring service desk and project management tools to support data issues management as well as maintenance of implementation roadmap.
- Operationalized EIM by executing major program tracks with a focus on predictive analytics, taxonomy alignment, revenue recognition, royalties, and product bundling.
- Lead business systems transformation team responsible for prototyping and documenting over forty Order-to-Cash (OTC) scenarios: Lead-to-Quote, Pricing, Order Creation / Order Entry, Collections and Credit Management, Product Setup, Product Retirement, Pricing Setup, Cost-of-Sale, Customer Account Setup, Billing, Payment Processing, Revenue Recognition, Royalty, Fulfillment, and Returns.
- Created an enterprise business capability model within the enterprise data governance tool (AXON) and defined all critical data asset inventories and relationships related to: glossary terms, systems, data sets, attributes, processes, quality rules, projects, and capabilities.
- Managed a team consisting of data architects, application architects, data analysts, and business analysts responsible for discovering and documenting information related to the client’s data landscape. This information was framed specifically to inform a longer-term enterprise data strategy.
- The engagement focused on three analytical work streams that culminated with observations reflecting identified areas of simplification, points of consolidation and reuse, business / technical constraints, and risks to data integrity. The work streams hinged on 1) understanding client’s data sets and the related data domains supporting them, 2) capturing the connectivity / relationships of data assets (data lineage), and 3) building business definitions and glossaries for the data sets and their content.
Program Team Lead
- Designed and implemented risk management process domain that incorporated information security, compliance, process improvement, internal audit, and policy and control standards addressing Privileged account usage, account enablement and termination, offsite backups and recovery, job schedules, production file changes, contractor recertification, vulnerability reviews, data center security, closet access, infrastructure tools and ACL integrity testing.
- Established IT Business Process Architecture framework, including standards, tools, and templates and then served as Coach, Consultant, and thought Leader to IT Business Process Architecture process domain owners, evaluating, planning, and implementing improvements in processes and practices.
- Developed corporate metrics and internal controls in support of financial reporting (SOX compliance) and performed monthly and quarterly segregation of duties conflict assessment related to disparate order to cash systems.
- Managed internal audits related to IT controls and perform SOC 1 SSAE 16 audits, assessing partner compliance against established internal controls. xxxxxxxx
- Designed and implemented solutions that effectively addressed internal and external audit findings, which included alerts, violations, waivers, and exceptions.
- Assessed IT Security artifacts (Websense and Blue Coat) and remediated policy violations.
- Delivered company’s first ever “Well-Controlled” audit rating within the User Provisioning (Identity Access Management) process domain.
- Implemented role-based risk management solution whereby privileged activities performed by IT personnel are monitored and any exceptions are reviewed by IT management.
- Managed the delivery of automated exception management reporting environment that reduced the overhead associated with monitoring adherence on privileged access by 40% while at the same time increasing integrity of the adherence process to almost 100 percent.
- Improved user provisioning SLA targets by 10% via daily monitoring of outstanding work requests and coaching process domain teams on various process improvements.
- Managed deployment of service desk, incident, problem, and change management processes from IBM’s service management tool suite to ServiceNow.
- Implemented legal hold and discovery procedures.
- Managed risk monitoring by system (network, open ports, ForeScout).
Senior Project Manager and Lead Logistics Engineer
- Managed AX2012 (ERP) implementation with respects to accounting and human resources modules while at the same time preparing functional teams on future modules that included manufacturing, logistics, and maintenance, repair and overhaul (Employee Master, Item Master, Financial Dimensions, Cost Centers).
- Managed and coordinated business and technical activities associated with international business expansion, which included managing export compliance activities, defining organizational roles and responsibilities, and spearheading the creation of the corporate Logistics Management Framework. (Port Authority, fleet staging areas, domestic and international transportation of cargo such as pumps, chemicals, and parts over land, air, and water).
- Lead effort to design and develop nuclear densitometer prototype.
- Conducted radiation safety inspections.
- Managed the implementation of application, desktop, network, server, voice, and security services for over twenty remote sites across the U.S. (Domain controllers, switches, routers, broadband, DSL, T-1, demarcation points, surveys, campus fiber runs, print servers, inventory handheld devices, wireless access points, racks, POTS, disaster recovery, Hyper V).
- Designed international supply chain encompassing laydown yards to reduce latency.
- Established relationships with consulates and third party logistic providers to ensure timely movement of chemicals, proppant, nuclear densitometers, and field operations equipment over international borders.
- Assessed usage of transloading facilities to identify potential waste, which involved both rail and trucking services.
- Designed and developed both the project management and systems development life cycle methods and tools for a fledgling enterprise Project Management Office.
Director, Project Management Office
- Designed and implemented PMO, including relevant tools, templates, and audit reports. Effort included enterprise Solutions Delivery Life Cycle methodology along with appropriate training.
- Monitored health (including financial health) of project portfolio for 5 separate corporations. (EMR, EHR, claim administration, HIPAA Compliance, HIE, Medicare/Medicaid)
- Rescued failed attempt by outside vendor to incorporate core systems and infrastructure related to strategic acquisition of a company dedicated to ‘outsourcing’ administration of claims processing.
- Led effort to develop enterprise data warehouse solution (networking, servers, and applications) that gathered clinical and financial information from various sources and consolidates that data as a service to allow physicians to achieve and demonstrate Meaningful Use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) as well as improve the overall quality of patient care.
- Established Policies and Procedures Group (P2G) and designed and deployed Policy and Process Hierarchy Integration Framework.
- Managed the day-to-day activities and issues surrounding EMR (Allscripts, NextGen, eCW), HIE (Lawson), interfaces (Cloverleaf), product development, and infrastructure projects, which included the management of vendors, partners, and offshore teams to ensure services are delivered per requirements.
Director, Solutions Architecture and Release Management
- Directly responsible for implementing a strategic property and casualty system after two previous planning and execution attempts failed.
- Managed relationship with offshore resources as part of managing testing cycle and application release schedule.
- Provided oversight and guidance on pending releases for an enhanced strategic property and casualty system responsible for writing personal lines, commercial lines and various programs.
- Developed corporate SDLC and release management processes.
- Ensured root cause analysis was performed on production problems and appropriate fixes were rolled into an emergency or standard release cycle.
- Implemented SharePoint portal to manage projects, releases, problems, work orders, and incidents.
Senior Director, Service Delivery
- Managed delivery and support of HIPAA compliant infrastructure services across multi-site, geographical dispersed, environment (Harlingen and Brownsville Hospitals and Clinics). Responsible for ensuring business technology strategies were appropriately budgeted, planned, and implemented in accordance with enterprise roadmap.
- Negotiated enterprise printer fleet maintenance and supply services contract for ~700 printers.
- Negotiated financial terms relative to extending and buying-out lease schedules for ~2500 computer-related assets.
- Managed the deployment of ~2500 desktops and applications designed to support enterprise Physician and Patient Access Clinical Transformation initiative that included implementation of: GE Centricity Enterprise, an electronic medical record (EMR) system; Streamline Health, document imaging, management and workflow software; Picis, software that tracks preoperative information; and ImageCast, a radiology information system that enables "filmless" radiology image workflow. (VM Ware, Citrix)
- Initiated and implemented asset management environment to maintain relationships between configuration items including business applications, departments, users, lease schedules, locations, rental amounts, desktops, printers, servers, racks, building, cities, and so on based on information derived from disparate sources such as PeopleSoft and SMS.
- Instigated and put into practice problem management and service improvement processes based on ITIL framework. Served as Problem Manager and Service Level Manager as required, managing problem records and service levels. Hired and managed staff of 5 to provide proactive problem management services.
- Trained ~100 IT staff members on ITIL processes, roles and responsibilities, and key performance indicators.
- Provided oversight of ongoing implementation of virtual desktop integration of ~500 desktops
- Initiated and created business account planning framework deemed critical in managing top 15 strategic DFW target accounts.
- Developed DFW’s 5-year vision and roadmap for management consulting firm.
- Directed resources in support of engagement activities.
Lead IT Strategist and Business Transformation Planning Architect
- Developed a corporate Property & Casualty Business Reference Model (BRM) that supported one of the nation’s largest insurance companies in their quest to implement a formal enterprise Business Transformation Planning (BTP) process. The Enterprise Architecture, or BRM, was based on IBM’s Insurance Application Architecture along with the ACORD Insurance Capability Model, defining the set of discrete business services in terms of scenarios, which were then mapped to people, channels, products, locations, and technologies.
- Developed IT business process architecture and implementation roadmap based on ITIL governance processes in association with incident, change, asset/configuration, problem, release, service level, portfolio, and IT financial management, for both one of the world's leading manufacturer of branded apparel and one of the largest manufacturers of wood and cellulose fibers products. These common processes were designed to assist with SOX compliance activities and achieving IT service management objectives within the COBIT framework (SAP and Remedy).
- Developed detailed business case and roadmap for a global provider of integrated mail, messaging and document management solutions company that would substantiate the restructuring of processes, systems, and organizational elements related to Call Center, Accounting, Invoicing, Marketing Programs, Collections, and Inter-company Transactions. ROI Model reduced staffing levels by ~40 members and included refined outsourcing arrangement with existing partners.
- Using offshore and onshore resources, directed client IT advisory consulting engagements related to prioritizing IT initiatives against business drivers (roadmap), diagnosing and identifying opportunities to strengthen governance, transformation planning/enterprise architecture, and IT management disciplines, practically applying industry frameworks and best practices, gaining efficiency and increasing quality of core processes.
- Managed team providing information security assessment based on ISO 27001 standard.
- Developed portfolio management framework based on value measurement methodology.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed the execution of concurrent infrastructure and systems development projects in support of loan origination, loan servicing, and marketing and analytics departments.
- Oversaw project teams consisting of resources positioned in Addison, San Diego, and India ( Confidential and Infosys).
- Initiated and designed a release management framework, which addressed release planning, coordination of design, building, and configuration of releases, coordination of release acceptance, rollout planning, coordination of release distribution and installation, and visibility into quality and operations of release management.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed the implementation of a major business intelligence financial initiative, which included the development and delivery of financial assets (reports) in support of Home Depot’s fraud, marketing, operations, in-store, finance, and risk management departments.
- Oversaw project teams geographically dispersed throughout the U.S.—Chicago, Jacksonville, Irving, Las Vegas, Sioux Falls, New York, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Delaware.
Senior Solutions Architect and Compliance Engineer
- Initiated Project Management Office for Consumer Markets Division (Branch Offices)—portfolio management, resource utilization, methodologies, tools, project support, and knowledge management.
- Established a comprehensive, CMM-based quality assurance (compliance) service program using corporate Six Sigma process improvement methodology to 1) evaluate effectiveness of quality management systems, 2) verify compliance with plans, procedures, and standards, and 3) verify that deviations were identified, tracked, and closed.
- Implemented gap analysis tools critical to success of performing SDLC methodology assessments.
- Established Change Management process and guidelines based on ITIL Service Management.
- Consulted and mentored project managers in project management best practices.
- Enhanced SDLC assessment standards, practices, and policies to support corporate dynamics. Established SDLC integration plans for technical departments.
Service Design and Service Availability Management
- Managed design and creation of Service Improvement Program that captured quantitative and qualitative data from Problem Mgt., SLA’s, KPA’s, Surveys, and operational/trend analysis reports related to outsourced and insourced service providers.
- Managed design and implementation of Enterprise Network Services’ intranet in support of Telecommunications Services, Network Solutions, Service Mgt., Video Conferencing & Collaboration, Facilities, Enterprise Network Architecture, and Strategic Planning. (Nortel, Avaya)
- Facilitated the development and negotiations of Service Level Agreements (SLA), Operating Level Agreements (OLA) and Underpinning Contracts (UC) and ensured SLA’s and UC’s were in alignment, identified infringements, and resolved contract remedies.
- Responsible for defining, identifying, measuring, reporting, and improving registered services (Global Services Catalog) and Key Process Areas (KPA) within ITIL and COBIT frameworks.
- Designed centralized global repository along with related taxonomy to support global integration efforts. Taxonomy elements include ITIL Key Process Areas, COBIT Control Objectives, registered/support services, and documentation types.
- Managed the design and development of IT Service Catalog to support enterprise infrastructure services.
Enterprise Business Architect
- Diagnosed flawed revenue management processes where sales and purchases of on-net circuit segments valued at $1M were not tied to client’s accounts receivable or accounts payable processes. Instituted short-term procedures to ensure billing setup was properly executed. Established action plan to provide long-term solution.
- Established and trained team of analysts on utilizing Deming’s Process Workbench modeling technique, in lieu of UML activity diagrams, to model existing segment revenue distribution, billing setup, provisioning, contract processing, service installation, and service disconnect processes within the client’s revenue management and customer acquisition business domains.
- Designed system processes to synchronize circuit inventory within MetaSolv TBS with those tracked in APTIS billing system. In conjunction, successfully provided a process, which was supported by an in-house, web-based system that governed the sale, installation, and billing of transport and multimedia circuits.
- Published business domain assessment report, which qualitatively and quantitatively represented the strengths and weaknesses of the revenue management and customer acquisition business processes.
Director, Program Management
- Developed and lead professional services organization to manage concurrent projects valued at approx. 2.9 million-dollars per year to ensure consulting engagement remained within contractually agreed parameters.
- Established CMM Level 3 framework, which focused on key processes for software development: Requirements Management, Project Planning, Project Tracking and Oversight, Quality Assurance, Configuration Management, Peer Reviews, and Training.
- Established client engagement team: hired staff of 20, defined roles and responsibilities, and provided appropriate training.
- Coordinated and drove creation of client’s three-year vision in support of 26,000 users.
- Awarded additional work request valued at $260,000 based on engagement team’s reputation.
Senior Manager, Head of CRM Practice
- Developed and delivered strategy session to Sysco senior leadership team with an emphasis on the state of CRM marketplace. Audience included approx. 45 senior-level leaders within client’s national organization.
- Defined new business operating model for Norwood, promotional products client, which outlined key processes and systems required for newly established apparel business unit.
- Oversaw the Southwest Region Blue Martini CRM Practice. Managed Blue Martini alliance as well as related day-to-day practice operations including identification and training of appropriate resources, national and regional user forums, and go-to-market strategies.
- Performed CRM assessment and strategy validation for RadioShack to evaluate their existing CRM strategy with respect to supporting multiple direct and indirect sales channels.
- Directed design and development of web-based order and fulfillment system for online grocer client. System components included web-store, catalog, call center, warehouse management (EXE), route scheduling (Descartes), and legacy interfaces.
- Performed risk assessments, developed risk management action plans, calculated expected profitability of engagements, and presented job arrangement letters to clients outlining services to be provided, assumptions, responsibilities of each party, and payment terms.
- Monitored and facilitated focus groups responsible for driving out key initiatives surrounding supply chain, customer relationship management, and enterprise architecture/integration.
- Managed assessment of products/distribution client’s existing CRM strategy, processes, and organization.
Senior Systems Architect and Senior Project Manager
- Managed staff of 20 in design and development of an Internet Banking System for an industry leader in remote banking technology. Facilitated user and executive sessions to identify/map critical business processes, design user experience, and define system interfaces.
- Mentored project managers and managed network, application, and database architecture teams through web-centric systems development process using Rational Unified Process, UML, and object-oriented analysis techniques.
- Designed XML-based messaging engine to support communication and queuing between web server and back-end transaction system.
Technical Delivery Director
- Directed development, implementation (release management), and operational support of enterprise resource planning (SAP), customer relationship management (Siebel), EDI, intranet, extranet, and manufacturing floor business systems in support of approx. 2,000 users.
- Managed budget of approx. 2 million dollars for systems engineering staff of 25 and all aspects of employee training, compensation, appreciation, and retention.
- Managed design, development, and implementation (release management) of client’s corporate intranet and extranet. Projects included online training, corporate search engine, proxy services, security, internal portals, employee self-service, partner self-service, audio/video streaming, ERP integration, certification programs, knowledge management, online corporate library, facilities management, and executive dashboard. Resulted in approx. 2 million-dollar contribution to Confidential account.
- Negotiated approximately 4.5 million-dollar contract addenda outlining onsite support of web-based application and hosting environments.
- Provided business and technical leadership for Telecommunications, Customer Service, Database, and Operations (data center) organizations, which consisted of approximately 55 employees.
- Managed design and implementation of Environmental Management System that resulted in company achieving ISO 14001 certification. Resulted in $400,000 contribution to Confidential account.
- As outsourcing partner, established Confidential e-business team: hired staff of 10 web professionals, created systems development life cycle, and defined support tools and procedures.
- Managed ABAP, BASIS, EDI, and web teams during SAP upgrades.