- Over 9 years of experience inData Visualization, System Analysis, Development, testing and implementation of projects in Telecom, Healthcare & Life Sciences (HLS) and Retail.
- Expertise in BI/Data Warehousing concepts, and project implementations.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Proficient in Tableau 9.x/8.x/7.x (Desktop, Server).
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administrationfor installations,Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and dataconnections, scheduling tasks, assign Privileges etc.
- Experience in taking back ups and restoration of Tableau repository and Good noledge on Tableau Metadata tables.
- Involved in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau.
- Interacted with end - users and functional analysts to identify and develop Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- In depth understanding of the as-Is and To-Be (Gap Analysis) business processes and experience in converting these requirements into Technical Specifications.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Geographic Visualization and use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Experience gathering customer requirements and partnering with developers to ensure full understanding of internal/external customer needs.
- Expertise in analysis, design and implementation of data warehousing applications using Informatica power center.
- Experience in designing the data conversion strategy, development of data mappings and the design of Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) r utines for migrating data from non-relational or source relational to target.
- Knowledge on Hadoop ecosystem components like Hadoop Map Reduce, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Pig, Zookeeper, Flume.
- Outstanding Data analysis skills including Data mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing and processing, programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems.
- Possess strong noledge of database management in writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures.
- Strong influence management skills, reporting and analytical/problem solving skills with attention to detail.
Visualization/BI Tools: Tableau 9.x/8.x/7.x, QlikView
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/ 8.6.1/7.1.1 , SSIS, SSRS
Requirements Management: Microsoft Office (Access, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/XPand UNIX
Defect management tool: HP Quality center 10.x
Sr. Tableau Consultant
- Worked with Business Analyst and the Business users to understand the user requirements, layout, and look and feel of the application to be developed.
- Developed complex visualizations as per customer requirement.
- Involved in analyzing the customer requirements and transform them into Tableau Dashboards and Reports.
- Extensively used tableau features like Data blending, parameters, filters, calculations, context filters, Hierarchies, Actions, and Maps etc.
- Make use of filters and making them local and global accordingly.
- Involved in tableau Server installations, configuration, creating users, groups, and projects.
- Involved and documented in up-gradation of tableau server from v7.0. To v8.x& v9.x and also and assigned access levels in Server.
- Involved in administration tasks such as creating and managing sites.
- Extensively used tabadmin and tabcmd commands in creating backup's and restoring backups of tableau repository
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Writing SQL queries for data validation of the reports and dashboards as necessary.
- Involved in Performance tuning the reports and dashboards for optimization.
- Publish the developed dashboards, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server/site can view the visualization.
- Provided 24/7 production support for tableau users.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
- Involved in noledge transferand created the documents for end-user support.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop, Server), Oracle, Redshift, Toad, Informatica 9.5.1, SQL developer, MS Excel
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Developed and administered interactive data visualizations and developed automated processes for updating content used in standardized dashboards.
- Built compelling, interactive dashboards in Tableau that answer key business questions.
- Developed Tableau visualizations to support ad-hoc analyses.
- Generated insights out of voluminous and complex datasets and built story lines.
- Produced complex table calculations, use of parameters, actions, filters and other advanced options in Tableau.
- Designed excellent tableau dashboards and presented correct decisions independently based on what different kind of visuals would make sense for the business.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and tan converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification.
- Worked closely with business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views Confidential once.
- Publishing the developed dashboard, reports on to Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server and can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
- Responsible to facilitate load testing and benchmarking the developed product with the set performance standards.
- Actively participated in clarification meetings with the client.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues TEMPeffectively.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop, Server), Oracle,MS Excel,Informatica 9.1.1, Toad, SQL Developer
- Migrated all the reports, dashboards, scorecards from Tableau 7.0 to Tableau 8.0 after testing the version.
- Proactively communicated with the business users to understand the needs and develop requirement documentation.
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, and functional specification documents.
- Worked in coordination with Clients for feasibility study of the project in Tableau and drawing up the timelines as per project requirement.
- Created different views using Tableau Desktopwhich were published to the business stake holders for analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Developed various data connections from data source to Tableau Server for report and dashboard development.
- Developed actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Developed metrics, attributes, filters, reports, dashboards and also created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Used multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- TEMPEffectively used data blending, filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in Tableau.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards and handled the performance issues TEMPeffectively.
Environment: Tableau Desktop (Desktop, Server), PostgreSQL, UNIX, Microsoft Office Suite.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Sr. ETL Analyst
- Interaction with business to collect and understand Requirements.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements by communicating with the business on non-technical level and with the System Analyst on technical level.
- Gathering & understanding requirements.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Router, Aggregator and lookup Transformations to create mappings.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools to extract data from different sources like flat files and Oracle.
- Developed several complex mappings and reusable transformations to facilitate one time, Daily, Monthly and yearly loading of data.
- Configured the mappings to handle the updates to preserve the existing records using Update Strategy Transformation.
- Used Informatica Workflow Manager for creating, running the Batches, Sessions and scheduling them to run Confidential specified time.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases for source to target mapping design documents.
- Owned responsibility for executing the test cases for ETL mappings.
- Involved in Source and stage tables testing using SQL queries.
- Monitoring the jobs in regular intervals and notifying the respective business teams in case of data issues and Failure.
- Identifying the jobs (Upstream and Downstream) to be placed 0N-HOLD during the patch window and release them based on the dependencies.
- Gathering the statistics for every batch load and identifying the data issues if raised.
- On call Support during the peak time
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, SAP-BI, Quality Center, UNIX, Oracle 10g/11g, Flat files
- Served as Informatica Developer and Business Analyst, meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Interacted with Business Analyst to understand the business requirement.
- Identifying relevant source systems of the customer and extracting the data from source system.
- Created mappings to extract data from different source systems, transform the data and tan load to data warehouse.
- Developed various mappings using transformations like lookup, joiner, router, update strategy, Union, source qualifier, stored procedure, rank, expression and aggregator
- Preparing Unit test plan for the components developed and unit testing.
- Extracting primary or secondary data from existing internal (CRM, IMS etc.) or external data sources (i.e. Social media).
- Transforming the noledge gathered from running specific models into actionable insights that could be readily deployed in the business cycles.
- Generating analytical reports by using SPSS, Tableau which covers areas like Physician Profile, Market Analysis, Call Objective and ROI.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Plotting structured with unstructured in terms of Physician prescribing patterns.
- Performance tuning of the ETL jobs by identifying the bottlenecks
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of systems to load source data into Target databases using Informatica.
- Actively tracking schedule, clear and crisp communications with key resources, stake holders and SMEs to keep everyone involved in the project on the same page, milestone tracking and avoiding scope creep issues
Environment: Informatica 7.1.1, Oracle, TOAD, SQL, Windows