A full time challenging career with a dynamic organization that utilizes my skills and experience developed over the years and provide an opportunity for professional and career growth.
- Hands - on, result-oriented, dedicated and focused professional with over 10 years of experience in IT technical positions. Overall, over 20 years of experience in IT industry.
- Leading of highly mission critical infrastructure and Middleware installation, configuration and maintenance including Windows and Solaris Servers and SAN hardware.
- Adept in building strong relationships with IT staff, customers, vendors and third party contractors.
- Ability to understand Business needs and translate them into IT requirements.
- Experience in gathering and documenting application non-functional requirements for IT infrastructure design in terms of availability, capacity, security and scalability.
- Knowledge of new technologies and capacity planning experience.
- Negotiation skill of hardware and software procurement and support contracts.
- Service level agreement implementation, monitoring and ensuring quick resolution of specific incident as per KPIs.
- Providing 24/7 Infrastructure Production Support for servers and storage, hosting mission critical applications, middleware tools and databases. This includes Cloud based servers as well.
- Experience in financial and communication industry with ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Facilitating weekly team meetings, individual consulting, and quarterly performance evaluations and foster a cohesive work environment.
- Communicating regularly with senior management and both technical & non-technical staff to ensure accuracy, consistency and on-time project completion.
- DR plans and BCP procedures creation and implantation for mission critical applications.
- Cost optimization through server, application and vendor consolidation projects.
- Liaison with Audit and Security teams, providing required info and addressing concerns and implementing risk mitigation strategy.
SUMMARY OF TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Operating Systems: RHEL 6/7, Cent OS 6/7, Solaris 10/11, AIX 6/7, Windows NT/ 2003/2008/2012 R2.
Cloud Technologies: AWS Administration (IAM, EC2, S3, Route53, RDS, Redshift, CloudFormation etc.)
Virtualization: Solaris Zones/Containers & LDOMS. Dockers, VIO, LPARs, VMware & Linux KVM
Configuration Tools: Working knowledge of Puppet and Ansible. Familiarity with Jenkins and Chef.
Tools: Service Now, Git, GitHub, SVN, Remedy, Uptime, vSphere, Veritas Cluster Manager, Zabbix, Dynatrace, Autosys, Tidal, Oracle OPSCenter.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SCP, NIS, AUTOFS, LDAP, DHCP, SMTP.
High Availability: Red Hat Pacemaker Cluster, Veritas Cluster, AIX Power HA, Oracle RAC with Solaris.
Middleware: Installation/administration of WebSphere (ver 7 to 8.5.5), WebLogic (ver 9.x, 10g & 11g), JBOSS (EAP ver 6.4 & 7.1), Tomcat & Apache on Unix O/S.
Scripting: Basic knowledge of Bash, ksh, yaml (ansible playbooks) and Python scripting.
Backup & Recovery: Tape libraries - StorageTek L180 with 4 LTO2 drives and 180 slots, StorageTek L700 with 6 LTO3 drives and 700 slots. IBM 3584 Tape Library. Net-Backup expertise.
Disk Storage: EMC Data Domain DD670, EMC VNX 5100, 5300, 5500, 5700 & 7500.
Oracle: A6120, A5200, A5000, A1000, D1000, T3, IBM DS4800 & DS8000.
Computer Systems: Oracle servers including V880, T2000, T5120, T5220, M3000, M4000, M5000, T5-2.
AIX servers including: Power 6 and Power 5, accessing through HMC & IVM.
Network Hardware: Brocade SAN switches 5100 & 5300, Mcdata switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco Catalyst & Nortel Switches, Hubs, Cisco Intelligent Gigabit Ethernet Switch for Blade Centre.
- Mirroring using SVM, ZFS and Veritas; LDOM Controller building and setup of all configuration; Setup of Guest LDOMs; O/s Patching, Firmware upgrade; Process Management; Managing NFS services; Standard/Flash and Jumpstart installations; addition of new local and SAN disks; Memory/Swap space Management; password-less sftp connectivity setup; Veritas Storage, Volumen and Cluster Management, HBA cards installation and configuration; expert in backup and restore operations (Net-Backup); users/group management; Recycling and war files deployment of Web-Logic and Web-Sphere servers. Set up of jdbc connection pools.
- Installation and setup of RHEL on VMware platform. Installation and configuration of YUM repository, SAMBA, AUTOFS and NFS on RHEL. Accounts and groups creation for utility user accounts etc. Checking apache & mail logs to troubleshoot webserver and mail server related issues. Creating, destroying volumes. Adding space to existing volumes. Led enterprise wide hardware/software installations.
- AIX expertise: Disks and Volumes Management including both internal disks on VIO Server and also from SAN for further allocation to LPARs; Power HA, Backups and Restores including mksysb, NIM installations, Firmware upgrades, HMC Configuration, Management and upgrades; VIOS and LPAR Configuration and Management; VLAN Management, Application of Fixes and upgrades: TL upgrades, Server Builds.
- JBOSS expertise Completed a project which involved complete (end to end) JBOSS installation on Linux environment. Downloading, Installing, Configuring JBOSS including web console port setups, jdbc connectivity, war file deployments, startup/shutdown of JBOSS using Linux Services, setup of auto-restart of JBOSS in case of reboot or process is killed. Vault encryption of DB password using CLI. Deployment of war files in JBOSS to configure other applications as per business requirements. Setup of http Server for load balancing. Software through apache, and hardware through F5. Currently upgraded JBOSS from 7.0 to 7.0.8 through CLI. Documented complete project details and also created SOP for the team to support the application after it was deployed in PROD.
- Websphere expertiseInstalling and configuring WebSphere Application Server, Portal Server. Created and maintained several different configuration for WAS, including Base Server, Network Deployment, Clustering, two node agents and one agent. Involved in testing of the web URLs and software installed. Configured JDBC connections, JMS servers and security settings for WAS.
- Web Logic expertiseInstallation and configuration of Web Logic 9, 10 & 11, and deployment of war files. Setup of JDBC connections and worked with various teams to integrate with other products including their deployment and configuration with Web Logic. Setup and testing of web URLs. Completed a few projects where complete EOL environment was migrated to new environment, including infrastructure (Hardware and OS), DB (Oracle) and Middleware (Weblogic) upgrade (installation) and configuration to replace old/existing setup. Documentation of end to end process for technology transfer and creation of SOP documents for daily support purpose once project went LIVE in production environment. Web server’s load balancing using F5 hardware.
- SAN expertiseImplementation of Storage Allocation (Storage pools, LUN Masking, Zoning etc).
- Data Allocation, Replication, Migration. Use of Snapshots, Snap view and Cloning.
- Configuration of Hard, Soft and Mixed zones on SAN switches (Brocade & Mcdata).
- Microcode upgrading of Arrays & SAN switches.
Sr. Project/Team Lead
- Leading a team of application support to configure and maintain Middleware applications.
- Provided technical expertise to project and application support teams for application development, deployment and post-deployment monitoring and support both in PROD and non-prod environments.
- Reviewing and vetting technical and application infrastructures for new projects and initiatives to make sure that they are aligned to fulfill project’s requirements and customer needs.
- Supporting change management for production and staging/testing environments.
- Leading in preparing the application (Web Logic/Web Sphere/JBOSS) deployment plan through release management and change management process.
- Documenting details about project’s all cycles including OS and disk layout setup, Middleware installation and configuration, application deployment and configuration within Middleware and SSL certificates management for secure access to the application.
- Engaging developers and testers to prepare detailed application/release test plans and scenarios to meet project development and deployment schedules from UAT to Pre-Prod and then UAT to PROD.
- Leading and participating in capacity reviews and assessment exercises in conjunction with technical staff and Infrastructure staff as required to assure that technical staff has sufficient infrastructure, software, storage and computing capacity to support ongoing application development and operations.
- Identifying and analyzing application incidents and problems to assess business impacts and threats; assign a severity level and priority; alert stakeholders; and, assemble resources for severity 1 problems.
- Leading technical resources, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems to achieve resolution.
- Supporting and implementing PKI and IAM for data and infrastructure security.
- Well versed with Service now for working with incidents, problems, tasks, requests and changes.
- Implementing an effective and efficient Change Management process for all production changes.
- Develop, update, review and maintain SOP documentations for Production Support.
- Participating in DR Planning and Business Continuity Planning through developing test plans of application recovery and performing those tests on regular basis to validate/improve DR planning.
- Configuring RSYNC setup to make BCP/DR server on the same level as PROD on daily/weekly basis.
- Work in conjunction with IT Security team to mitigate Risks and overall review of IT Security issues to comply with Company’s IT Security standards and procedures.
- Work with Security team on various TRAs
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Security team about various vulnerabilities, issues and failures identified during day to day processes and tasks.
- Implements security team’s recommendations.
IT Business Consultant
- Established my own setup to provide complete (infrastructure, OS, DB and application) solutions and support for small to mid-range businesses for their IT requirements.
Assistant Chief Manager
- Led a team of IT department including production support, data center operations and networks.
- Administered and supported Solaris 8 and 9 on 100+ SUN enterprise servers.
- Installed and configured SUN Solaris 8 and 9 on SUN servers including F4800, V880 and E4500.
- Provided support to helpdesk staff and interfaced with end users to resolve technical problems.