- Over 25 years of experience as Enterprise/System/Data/Infrastructure/Solutions/ Big Data Architect, Data Warehouse / data analytics design and development on Linux, IBM AIX and SUN Solaris, DEC, HP
- Strong background in the large scale AIX high available production environment
- Hands - on experience Implementing and administering AIX (4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x)
- Linux (RHEL) - Red Hat Enterprise Linux (4, 5, 6), (SLES) SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (10, 11)
- Experience designing & implementing LPAR/DLPAR technology for pSeries Servers, experience in IBM Virtualization and Provisioning
- Installed, configured and customized IBM ESS Expert and Specialist for IBM ESS pSeries virtualization planning and implementation of virtual servers
- EMC VBLOCK 300 HX and 7 series, VNX, VMAX, Cisco Nexus
- IBM pSeries-P510, p520, p570, p590, p595, p770, p780Storage: DS4XXX, DS8300, Hitachi 9800
- Virtualization: VMWare, VIO (APV/PowerVM), XEN
- Installed, setup and tested Websphere Application Server (WAS - 5, 6)
- Experience with MPIO, SDD and HDLM
- Healthcare - Oracle Life Sciences Hub (OLSH), SAP, Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM), Healthcare Community Online (HCO), Interface Engine, open ehealth integration platform, Health Level 7 (HL7), Master Patient Index (MPI)
- ESB- WebSphere Message Broker, Enterprise Mule, JBOSS ESB, SAP PI
- Disaster Recovery and Backup: Experience (12 years) - design, installation and administration of Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Server, and clients across multiple platforms, design, installation and administration of Symantec Netbackup - Media Server, Master Server, clients across multiple platforms, Data Domain, .
- Experience - scripting UNIX shell, Perl and C/C++
- ERP - Lawson, SAP (BI, BW, Netweaver), PeopleSoft, WebSphere Process Server
- Security and best practices - Database, Network, Middleware
- Enterprise Architecture Framework - RUP, UML, EAP, TOGAF, SOA
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). National Information Exchange Model (NIEM). Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)
- Technical Collaboration Methodologies - Agile
- Data Modeling Tools - Toad Data Modeler, Oracle SQL Dev, ErwinData Warehouse - design development and tuning. - Teradata and Exadata experience for data warehousing.
- Big Data - Greenplum database & Unified Analytic Platform (UAP), Hadoop
- NoSQL database - MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- ETL - Informatica PowerCenter 7, 8, 9, DataStage
- Network / SAN (Switches / Director) - Cisco, F5, Juniper, Brocade, Foundry
- A highly motivated, problem solving professional with project experience and systems knowledge, having excellent customer skills and a flexible and adaptable work style.
- Excellent ability to plan, prioritize work and meet deadlines, quick learner and good team player.
- AIX, Linux and Solaris certified
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Hardwares: IBM P5, P6, P7 Servers, RS6000, SP, ESS, 7133 Disk Array, EMC, Switch/hub
Operating Systems: AIX, Solaris, Linux (RHEL & SUSE), zOS, CICS, NT ServerTools IBM HACMP, LPAR/DLPAR and HMC, PSSP, ESS Expert and Specialist, TSMLanguages .Net, UNIX shell scripting, C/C++, Perl, Oracle PL/SQL, Pro*C, Developer/2000Web services SOAP, JSON, PHP, XML, REST
Web Server: IBM Websphere (WAS), Oracle Web Application Server, WebSphere Process Server, IIS, Message Broker, Websphere Portal.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server LDAP implementation, EDI, Mercator. Single Sign On (SSO)
Big Data Architect
- I suggested leveraging NoSQL in-memory database on commodity hardware instead of the using very expensive data warehouse appliance, or a Hadoop solution; which was what the leadership was advised to do before I took over as technical lead for the project.
- I explained how they can leverage Sharding by using a NoSQL such as MongoDB or Couchbase. I also explained why Hadoop is not a panacea for all big data use cases.
- I redesigned their Informatica ETL space, it was implemented in a single point of failure state, thus they were experiencing a lot of performance issues whenever there is a heavy transformation taking place. I also led the effort to put in place the Informatica Metadata Manager & suggested that the division should consider implementing the Informatica Proactive monitoring tool.
- I also authored a one hundred page process and architecture framework document for the division.
Sr. Enterprise Technology Architect
- Redesigned the Informatica ETL suite used for data warehouse and soon to be incorporated with Big Data, the herein mentioned ETL tool was not load balanced nor in a high availability state, thus it is in a state of single point of failure, and no performance heuristics was in place. I did a thorough gap analysis of the herein mentioned, and wrote a detailed report.
- Based on the report, the leadership within the organization asked that I should do a cost analysis to put the remediation I suggested in place, the said remediation is in progress at the time of this writing.
- I also did a very detailed gap analysis of the WebSphere MQ and Message Broker environment, the same processes as above was done by me to rectify the anomalies I identified.
- The third element I had to address is that of UNIX to Linux migration, that is an ongoing project, but I added the elements of industry best practices to the process. The said parts I proffered includes but not limited to migration tools, underlying core UNIX Linux differences and other sundries.
- I also started a very important conversation with the database group in terms of Oracle database security, what I advocated was given the utmost urgency by the database manager, and corrections being suggested is at the time of this writing being discussed.
- Put in place roadmaps for Oracle and DB2 database security, outlined all the necessary options in a solution document, liaised with all the necessary stakeholders to actualize the effort.
- Designed a solution for Informatica Proactive Monitoring, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes.
- The highlight of my presence with this client is starting the conversation about Big Data implementation, I have laid out a very comprehensive plan for the POC, it has caused some excitement within the leadership of the organization.
- HITRUST implementation is part of my major projects for the client, I was part of its initial discussion, and I have led the technology architecture conversation part of it, it is presently in its evidence gathering phase.
- Furthermore, I am leading the disaster recovery effort from an architecture perspective, thus that has given me the advantage of doing ongoing analysis of the whole enterprise. The analysis in question is being documented in a very comprehensive manner.
Enterprise Solutions Architect
- identified core weaknesses within the areas of ETL data transformation, web services, message queue, and Oracle database.
- Documented all facets of the enterprise where such essential elements did not exist, authored design documents for Oracle database Grid Control, MQ remediation design; suggested better ways of monitoring and performance tuning of Informatica PowerCenter.
- Laid out a roadmap for Big Data implementation, looking at its capabilities, performance and scalability. Analyzed its use cases, and costing. Leveraged various methods for the POC.
- Documented and presented ways of achieving Enterprise Transformation by leveraging Lean Enterprise Architecture framework.
Lead Enterprise Infrastructure Architect/Manager
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Responsible for success of overall Program Infrastructure:
- Provides inputs/consultancy to technical partners and end client teams from view point of application H/W, S/W requirement and recommended stack, number and types of environments required, code promotion flow et al
- Participate/lead infrastructure decisions such ON vs. OFF platform, A-A-A pattern for availability et al
- Design and plan enterprise database deployment strategies, in terms of industry best practices for Oracle database 11g RAC, Data Guard, Security and performance and SQL Server 2012; same for storage and network.
- Strategize best way to deploy IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.x in either vertical or horizontal scaling or mixed.
- Lead/direct teams performing application install/deployment, leveraged DevOps methodology.
- Lead/direct teams to achieve SLAs like high availability, scalability et al
- Liaise with offshore teams to ensure similar things are replicated
- Liaise with off-shore product team to ensure product updates, methodology, certification on new platforms et al
Confidential, Lake Forest, IL
- Worked on solutions for SAP MII, AII, OPC, ECC, Data Historian, BI, BW, and other bespoke medical research and development applications using SAP modules as transport and backend. Enterprise application architecture restructures, Translated the business needs to the technical team, took on more complicated responsibilities such as systems or back-end SAP BW issues, used technical expertise, also assisted technical staff to resolve any technical issues during the project, throughout the development phase, also documented the process to develop procedures for application use and security.
- Applied collaborative methodologies to create a cross cooperation between disparate teams.
Confidential, Chesterbrook, PA
- Create the high levelsystemrequirements based on evolving market demands, industrial standards and user needs.
- Build thesystemarchitecture for products that supports the Smart Grid initiatives, Interface with stakeholders and customers to determine their evolving needs.
- Partitioning of the top level architecture design into sub-systems that can be handled by separate projects and development teamsWorked as the technical lead for the application design projects, worked with C-level executives, and end-users to conceptualize a new application project, recommended technical resources and strategies, designed the requirements for the project. This required understanding the financial budgets and finding the best possible resources to complete the project efficiently while staying within financial guidelines.
- Backup design using Symantec Netbackup 7.1, auto image replication (AIR),and Data Domain for deduplication.
- Backup Exec to Netbackup dataset migration, hardware solution for this design is a mix between EMC VBlock and IBM p770 leveraging active memory expansion (AME) and CUoD). Data center migration.
- Database (oracle) consolidation initiative, gave directions from an architecture perspective in terms of the best way to cut down on total cost of ownership at reducing various small instances into schemas, thereby reducing licensing and administrative costs. Involved in proof Big Data proof of concept effort leveraging Hadoop and Greenplum.
Enterprise Solutions Architect
- Responsible for deployment of architectural aspects including hardware, software, security, messaging, work flow, interoperability, flexibility, reliability, scalability and architectural structure and capability within the organization as architected in conjunction with the Enterprise Architect(s); deployed to the organization the architecture practices, worked with application teams and other technology project teams and helped develop and deploy architectural design and identification of enterprise implications of the designs, designed solutions for Data Warehouse, Siebel, Enterprise Content Management and other applications migration to an up to date architecture.
- Defined and roll out architectural principles in accordance with the migration project, patterns, guidelines and standards; communicate basic components, helped at identify impacts and work to resolve conflicts with application teams, business units and other architects; worked to bridge the gap from current state of the architecture to the future state as defined by architecture.
- Translated the business needs to the technical team and assigned development tasks to the technical staff; took on more complicated programming responsibilities such as systems or back-end programming. Using technical expertise, also assisted technical staff and resolves any technical issues during the project, throughout the development phase, also documented the process to develop procedures for application use and security.
Enterprise Solutions Architect
- Performed detailed analysis of customer business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications .
- Defined & architect the design for custom solutions.
- Provided direction to development teams for custom solution realization and participated; as necessary, in coding, testing, documentation and maintenance support activities.
- Participated in project quality management tasks such as developing strong testing strategy, peer and quality reviews of specifications, design documents and code reviews.
- Worked closely with internal SAP, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion.
- Actively mentored other technical resources on the team.
Infrastructure Application Architect
- My responsibilities includes but not limited to Providing process consulting, aligning processes to TSM, HACMP, AIX, PSeries, identifying gaps and recommending solutions to close gaps for the solution.Workflow design, change management, data management.Provide technical knowledge and design and implement the solution, provides direction for customization and configuration.
- Responsible for client interface and interaction,provides for testing; user acceptance and deployment.Server and client side customizations:Technical consultant on for-fee project implementation, enhancement, integration, or audit projects.
- Expertise and work efforts are focused on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives and needs and the general business environment.Worked onsite at - Dubai Water Authority, Dubai Health Authority, Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC).
- Suggested leveraging the capabilities of Big Data in terms of the licensing cost the entity was spending on the RDBMS data warehouse they had in place, designed a solution to address the aforesaid, and it was implemented into a POC stage, and later moved into production after I had left the project.
Confidential - Bensenville, IL
- Analyzed and documented the ETL environment, designed a comprehensive new solution for Informatica PowerCenter comprising of grid and high availability offerings; introduced new test tools for Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) application, installed and configured the aforementioned tools, part of a decision making team in the purchase of a new IBM p770 systems. Suggested and developed a performance script for the data warehouse project with Oracle database 11g backend.
- Technical lead for the ETL application design; worked with, C-level executives, vendors, technical staff and end-users to conceptualize a new application, recommended technical resources and strategies, and designed the requirements for the project; staying within the financial constraint and finding the best possible resources.
Confidential, Plymouth, Minnesota.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to - work with technical leads on Service Delivery teams to communicate technical designs and resolve implementation details for all network (LAN/WAN), server, storage and software components.
- Work with technical leads on Service Delivery teams to update operational procedures.
- Ensure architectural integrity and compliance with Managed Services infrastructure standards.
- Work with Operations to drive continuous improvement in availability, serviceability and efficiency.
- Perform technical risk assessments and develop contingency plans to insure situational requirements of change control.
- Infrastructure high availability and disaster recovery assessment and implementation.
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
- Solution design and engineering - Systems solutions engineering, infrastructure and architecture design the in areas of Oracle, Linux, AIX, Tivoli Storage manager, WebSphere 6.1, Apache. Three-tier end-to-end design, Blade Logic solutions and scripting.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Solution design and engineering - Systems solutions engineering, infrastructure and architecture design the in areas of Oracle, Linux, AIX, Tivoli Storage manager, WebSphere 6.1, Apache. Three-tier end-to-end design. Network solution LAN / WAN Applied ITSM during analysis phase.
- Project involvement included design specification for zSeries, pSeries and Intel platforms.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
System Integration Architect
- Responsible for communication integration aspect of project with primary focus on identifying needs and developing scripts to integrate SAP ERP and other middle ware and external EDI transport integration with the organization’s clients spread across the country, utilized SCM as part of the process.
- Designed and developed core J2EE components in a Web Services platform for B2B and enterprise applications.
- My work, included DocSOAP, an innovative document-centric SOAP framework, and Document Framework, a high performance XML document handler, forms the foundation of Commerce One’s e-business platform and are part of an open source release of XML/Web Services toolkit.
- Conceived and led the development of automated B2B messaging portal and standard testing tool for Commerce One’s eCommerce applications.
- Invented Rule Based Message Engine and its controlling language, on which a patent was applied.
- Redesigning the entire infrastructure in terms of application, system, backup and disaster recovery, high availability, security, storage; the complete project life cycle, inclusive of developing of materials, training and mentoring in-house information technology personnel in the area of the new technologies that are been introduced into the enterprise.
- Architected, designed, and implemented a custom-developed portal for the Illinois Office of Inspector General significantly lowering customer service costs and raising client satisfaction levels. Web Service technology was used to communicate between the J2EE presentation and .NET middle tier.
- Suggested using TPAE in the security design of Websphere. Leveraged National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) and Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) performance reference model to align all the requirements of the department with other state agencies in a very efficient manner.
- New hardware and software planning; design and liaised with vendors for negations and purchase of all the aforementioned, also I have introduced Quality Assurance processes into the environment as well.
- DB2 & WebSphere migration, performance and tuningStorage - the environment was operating on a very archaic system, recommended a DS4700 solution which is vertically scalable for future growth, advised on better procedures for Spring and C#
- Disaster recovery and Backup - the TSM setup was a in a bad state in terms of configuration, the backup was goig directly to a single LTO 1 tape drive, there is no disk pool, fixed than and put in some fixes as well, also designed a tape library in to the new environment.
- High availability - both DB2 and WebSphere were running in a single point of failure mode, recommended and designed a HA solution with HACMP 5.4
- Designed a new overall enterprise solution, implementation is presently in progress, gave directions for the implementation stage as well, every stage of the project was duly documented by me as well.
- Platform included zSeries, pSeries, and Intel.
- Applied business rules for database - transformed complex business logic and knowledge into manageable rules, and deployed them in intelligent enterprise solutions to drive database slution.
- Some of the web apps utilized in the project are Spring, Java, PHP.
- Took on the role of technical lead for the application design projects, worked with, senior state officials, vendors, technical staff and end-users to conceptualize a new application project, recommended technical resources and strategies, and designed the requirements for the project.
- This required understanding the financial budgets and finding the best possible resources, interviewed and hired the said resources to complete the project efficiently while staying within financial guidelines.
- providing technical advice on best practices in terms of storage, platform and operating systems best practices, advice resulted in the purchase of a DS8300 to replace ESS800, further responsibilities include high availability solution, which aspect is presently at the design stage, proffered two solutions, HACMP and Oracle RAC., designed the solution and implemented it as well.
- Applied some ITSM processes in recommending adequate solution for the complex task the project presented in terms of moving the focus from pure technology to process driven solutions.
- Oracle solution analysis, design and implementation, applied NIEM framework in line with its set principles to articulate the expected outcome of requirements in line with the pressing needs of the department, this is in accordance with set rules governing the core requirements of the project.
- Technical lead for the application design projects, worked with C-level executives, senior state police officers, and end-users to conceptualize a new application project, recommended technical resources and strategies, designed the requirements for the project. This required understanding the financial budgets and finding the best possible resources, interviewed and hired the said resources to complete the project efficiently while staying within financial guidelines.
- Design work and strategies was based a plethora of various applications, protocols, platforms, architecturewhich included but not limited to Websphere Application Server (WAS), Websphere Portal, WebSphere Process Server, SOAP, Spring, IBM zSeries,zOS, pSeries, AIX, Linux, Intel, Windows, Apache
Sr. Technical Architect
- Developed documents and plans for a new driver license and motor vehicle initiative, advised on the cost and benefits of the advantage of the pSeries over the IBM zSeries, documents developed were for planning and the latter was a build doc.
- Highly demanding project in terms of specifications of direction and vision for the modernization of the platforms and applications.
- Advised on how to improve Autosys monitoring scripts and procedures.
- Applied TOGAF, ITSM and ITIL for documentation process and infrastructure definition Confidential
Senior Systems Architect / Admin
- responsible for three major accounts - responsible for performance, admin and architectural issues as well as storage architecture (DS4300) and shark.
- Suggested better monitoring procedures and performance tuning for Oracle and DB2 database.
Sr AIX Technical Analyst
- Worked in the area of security pertaining to user (Identity Management) and event logging centralization across two thousand UNIX servers spread across several geographical areas across two countries.
- LDAP Architecture and implementation. Single Sign On solution for an enterprise of about three thousand UNIX servers.
Technical Lead/ Architect
Confidential, Rochester, MN
- Responsible for various key project among which was one of the most important projects within the organization; the project in question is the Human Genome project which utilizes the fastest system available on the market - the p590, I am responsible for the configuration, installation and migration of database and other application to the system in question.
- My involvement in the said projects includes responsibilities for full life-cycle of each project in terms of hardware, software and planning and migration architecture of and implementation of new systems in terms of sizing and deployment.
- Hired, led, managed trained and motivated a group of five people in the area of the latest innovations regarding systems architecture, administration and security; responsible also for the new systems recommendations and sizing in the area of IBM high end systems which are the backbone of the Confidential major research projects.
- Planned and organized the procurement of new pSeries systems including p590 and others, solely LPAR the systems and planned NIM set and well and PLM and ESA.
- Oracle installation and monitoring with ASM and maintenance.
- Designed and implemented LDAP server and client integration for identity management and user centralization.
- Full project life cycle of planning and procurement of DS8300 storage.
- Worked with C-level executives, surgeons and end-users to conceptualize a new the new Life sciences project, recommended technical resources and strategies, designed the requirements for the project. Liaised with IBM high level executives, technical specialists; this required understanding the financial constraints and finding the best possible resources to complete the project efficiently while staying within financial guidelines.