I'm constantly focused on being a leading member of a team with an uncompromising commitment to the needs of its customers, the quality of its products, and the wellbeing of its team members. My current career focus includes Project, Architecture, Integration and Development leadership, Large Systems and Applications Architecture design and development, Enterprise Integration, Transaction Systems and customer consulting. I really enjoy leading and working with highly technical, goal - oriented teams and designing technical solutions to solve complex business problems.
- 38 years of total IT experience including all facets of Operations, Systems, and Applications in all roles from mainframe operator, scheduler, programmer, analyst, systems programmer, applications and technical lead, project manager, (solutions, integration, infrastructure, systems, ESB and managing architect), datacenter director and principal consultant.
- I have experience in
- Application systems specification, architecture, design, integration, implementations and quality assurance through full software development lifecycle (CMM, RAD, RUP, Agile, XP) developing batch, online, and n-tier applications, using VB & VB.net, COBOL, CICS, Ada, Assembler, C, C++, PLI and Java.
- Functional decomposition and OO Applications Systems analysis, design, coding and implementation.
- Software development methodologies including CMM, RAD, RUP, XP, and Agile.
- CICSPlexSM, WMQ, WPS, WMB, BPM, DCE, Encina, TXSeries, DataXtendSI, Sonic, Message Oriented Middleware (MOM).
- Enterprise & Integration Architectures, SOA, design, supporting infrastructures and implementation. Decoupled asynchronous architectures. I have experience and skills in applying EA frameworks, like Zachman, FEA, TOGAF/DODAF, etc.
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Service oriented architectures (SOA), Websphere Process Server, BPM, Tibco, DataXtendSI and Contivo amongst other tooling.
- Systems and Network, Design and Implementation
- AIX, Sun, HP, Linux, AS400, MVS/OS390/ZOS, UNIX, VM, and Windows
- Applications design, coding and implementation using various file structures including hierarchical and relational databases.
PERSONAL AND TECHNICAL STRENGTHS:
I have a calm, cool and collected manner that makes me able to quickly defuse high stress situations. This comes in very handy in leadership roles, large-scale systems project leadership, rapid development and deployment situations, and when handling critical situations in large and small organizations. I am very comfortable leading large diverse and geographically dispersed teams as well as working alone. I communicate very well both orally and in writing. I have a solid experience foundation that makes me able to quickly contribute in all environments; it also makes me ideally suited to formulate and drive technical strategies. I am well-versed on all the latest technologies and how to apply them in solving real-world business problems.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, Florida
President and Principal Consultant
- I also delivered consulting to business partners like Ultramatics who were working on IBM projects for new messaging tools to provide high-speed messaging services to Delta Airlines and to Progress Software on DataXtendSI SOA DataServices consulting to Confidential .
Performance and Integration engineer
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- I designed, prototyped and delivered an integration platform to enable them to become more agile to create more revenue (reducing customer churn, new providers to add more products)..
- I led the design/development and implementation of the ESB using WPS & DXSI. We used the TMF SID Common model, eTOM business processes and SOA standards to build the platform to integrate a new CRM front-end and the back-end OSS/BSS systems. I did service design/architecture, integration SME and managed the delivery.
- I led several follow-on projects continually refining and expanding ESB services to provide all sorts of improvements and new capabilities. During these projects I was a Managing Architect and which meant that I sat in business meetings to help the BA’s gather and articulate the requirements and served as SME for existing services and to help guide technical requirements towards potential designs that were innovative and cost effective. I used the requirements to draft the solution design and high-level design service design(s), and did the API/interface designs as well as the overall flows and mappings. Then I turned over the design documents and diagrams, API interface artifacts (wsdls, xsd’s, etc) to a developer and I managed the delivery. I interfaced between the business team and the developers to clarify vague or incomplete requirements.
- I made sure that the consumers and providers followed their designs and communications.
- As an ESB and Confidential systems SME, acted as one of the leads in designing the new ESB platform including the services, data model and interfaces. I created a more granular level of services to enable more agility and independence as well as the ability to use these granular services in orchestrations and composite services.
- Did enterprise data model (Common data model) design and governance. I worked on the interfaces and the design of the common model to accurately represent the business data. I also made sure to stick with proper design principles like service reuse, ease of consumption and as self-describing as possible.
- In addition to the New ESB project I also led the design and development of support for TiVo OTA (over the air TiVo offering) product, IoT/connected home Nest products, Testboard automation, Dish integration for Aggregators, upgrades to the HughesNet services and automation for ordering complex commercial products.
- Design and delivery of the migration of trouble ticketing from Metasolv6 to Remedy.
- Design and development of the new Confidential Partner Portal
- Design and development of the new Tech Portal and SIMPL (tech handheld device)
- Design and development support for SMB customer premise equipment
- Design and development for new Dish and HughesNet API’s
- Design and development for FSecure (pc security) and Content Anywhere (Cloud storage)
- SME for the redesign of the existing integration services to the IBM TelcoPack running on BPMv8.
- Added support for 13 more states (new acquisitions) of landline and FIOS business
- Designed and developed group ordering capability for small business
- Design and developed integration with Sterling 9 for commercial sales.
- Design and developed additional FIOS capabilities
- Design and developed integration with DirectTv to provide satellite sales and support
- Designed and led the development of Prospect/Quote management.
- Designed and developed HughesNet Satellite integration.
- I designed and led a team to implement new Dish satellite TV Integration providing more Dish products and services and tighter direct integration with Dish during ordering and provisioning.
- Designed and developed support for additional States of land-line and FIOS business
- Designed support for ASOG schemas and integrated them into the Common model.
- Designed the flows for all ASOG processes
- Designed and developed the mediations and mappings for all flows.
- Supported the M6 developers so they could consume the ESB contracts and produce their own.
- Designed the integration of the tML (ticket markup language) xml schemas (from CRM and eBonded)
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Solution/SOA/Integration Architect and Technical lead on the Policy Output Project. My design opened and extended the legacy-based policy management systems (CICS/IMS) to provide SOA Events to subscribers.
- I created an architecture where new consumers receive the events in a natural ACORD (insurance data XML) form.
- I did the solution design, a reference architecture implementation to test the design and built out the structure and frameworks. I completed the delivery to support the Auto and home line of business.
- The platform includes Cobol/CICS/IMS and WMQ (on Mainframe), Progress Software SonicMQ, SonicESB and Data eXtendSI on Windows Servers).
Confidential, Tampa, Fl
Architect, Development Lead and SME
- I was tasked to design and implement an internal auditor workspace product that provides many advanced features and included challenges such as using business process re-engineering, a new technology platform, and making use of an off-shore build team and integration with new and legacy back-end systems.
- I was an onshore lead for an offshore build team and I provide thought leadership around integration and services.
- Unfortunately this project was cancelled.
Services Manager, Project Manager and Technical Solutions Architect
- I managed the services relationship for key customer accounts
- I managed 1- 12 technical resources in the delivery of the project with the majority of these resources being located in India (at our remote development site).
- I defined and solidified internal project delivery processes and methods and managed BCP implementation projects at customer sites from the prototype or POC stage to project completion.
- I was tasked to provide technical sales support and consulting to the development and implementation teams to define and build a solution architecture to provide the highest level of service to meet the customer’s most stringent production requirements.
Confidential, Dunedin, Florida
- I developed the strategy, infrastructure and Enterprise Architecture Artifacts for enterprise-wide integration.
- I performed product and technology searches and comparative analysis to select the right products to support the strategy.
- I supported the effort of a development team for cross-platform & mainframe technology and development.
- I evaluated and specified applications and knowledge mining toolsets and services to aid in the legacy transformation and to understand, document, and build the integration points for the migration to the new application platform.
- I led a team and did development of integration solutions prototypes using C, PL1, J2EE/Java (Jax-M, JMS, Message driven beans and Session beans), MQ, Sunopsis, and other products.
- Worked with a team of 7 Enterprise Architects to derive the minimal set of UML artifacts to architect, design and build the new application.
- We used class diagrams, state diagrams, activity diagrams, use cases, sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams as well entity relationship diagrams to describe the architectures.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
Product development manager
- I managed the development team delivering a process-based integration platform for making legacy applications available as Web Services within a business process framework.
- I developed requirements, marketing and technical strategy plans and added industry-specific customizations for the retail industry.
- I defined the positioning of CPI within the Confidential product roadmap and worked with other departments to identify opportunities to leverage existing product sets and service offerings to enrich my customer’s value proposition.
- I developed and implemented product marketing plans. I conducted product surveys of competitors to define the marketing strategy and created competitive comparison assets for the sales team.
- I worked with the services group to develop and deliver training for consultants so they were able to sell CPI as part of a total solutions package and to ensure successful implementations.
- I managed the development team using coaching, motivation and performance management to ensure timely product deliverables and a high degree of team satisfaction.
- I developed a custom agile SDLC & project process to rapidly meet quality and speed to market drivers.
- I created white papers and educated the sales staff on the CPI offering and its capabilities. I worked with the sales team to meet our product sales targets, doing group visits to offer product development team presentations to key customer opportunities and accounts. Additionally, I worked directly with customer executives and project teams to ensure proper product implementation and to gain a clear understanding of customer requirements that were then fed directly into the development process.
- Did solution designs and consulting for airline customers at Delta & USAir. These were messaging based integration solutions and included MQ consulting.
- Designed and implemented a canonical messaging based service bus to integrate UMB systems including PeopleSoft and SAP. I worked with the UMB architects to design the messages and frameworks for decoupling the applications and creating a standard platform for integrating future applications/systems.
- Customer-facing Consultant and practice leader, designing and implementing EAI Architectures and Infrastructures. I discovered customer integration requirements and designed and implemented solutions for scalable application integrations. I was also responsible for the success of the integration consulting services practice. I defined strategies and dealt with customers at all levels to grow the services business. I also defined educational and development plans for the consultants. As the Middleware practice leader, I oversaw customer relationships and assisted consultants to ensure proper service delivery, customer satisfaction and opportunity identification and exploitation.
- Architected, designed and implemented MQ based applications in C and COBOL. I performed systems analysis and design of applications components to solve difficult customer problems.
- As a Systems Support Software lead and Operational Architect I delivered the enableNet managed service while maintaining the development and education environments. These included full web and applications servers running WAS on USS and AIX.
- Lead, trained, and mentored a team of 10 systems programmers. We built and supported the entire centralized and distributed sites.
- Performed systems programming support of the enableNet managed service environment. I managed the CICS and MQ environments, including systems installations, customizations and SMP/E maintenance.
- Developed and Architected applications systems and operational environments. The applications were COBOL and C, MQ, DB2 and CICS.
- Maintained three ZOS Sysplex'ed LPARS and two stand-alone LPARS which implemented CICSTS V1.3, CICSPlex/SM, MQ, DB2, Integrated Crypto Facility (hardware encryption), Domino/390 and Websphere
- Led a team of Quality Assurance specialist in the development and implementation of full integration, systems and acceptance testing of the enableNet Managed service.
Technical Team Leader & Systems Architect
- I designed and implemented a message switching system for tracking the movements of railroad industry resources (predominately railcars).
- I specified and implemented the CICS/MQ environments for the project and led a team to implement the infrastructure.
- We implemented an messaging switch that was designed to handle any to any message and transaction translation (primarily EDI). This system was designed to bridge all the major value added networks so that the railroad industry could effectively handle its messaging requirements. I installed and maintained the infrastructure components and built the systems utilities functional subcomponent.