- Tableau consultant with over 8 years of extensive IT experience in Business Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Migration, Production support and Implementation of Software applications.
- Having 4 years of experience on Tableau Business Intelligence/Business Analytics software also experience in Infrastructure services.
- Experience including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- Expert in Strong understanding of dimensional data modeling, Strong SQL optimization capabilities, Metadata Management (Connections, Data Model, VizQL Model).
- In - depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- End to end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau.
- Deployed the reports and Scheduled Reports for the use of end users.
- Experience in creating ad-hoc reports using Business Objects Web Intelligence tools.
- Extensive experience in PL/SQL and SQL and in performance tuning SQL queries in TOAD.
- Expertise in the concepts of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ER Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Tables
- Worked with ETL process to Extract, Transform and Load the data into stage area and data warehouse.
- Experience in modelling, architecture, designing, coding, debugging and testing instrument driver/interface and other application in manufacturing, R&D environment across various platforms. Good understanding of HP Vertica.
- Good knowledge on HTML concepts, web applications and UI development.
- Excellent knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Good Independent / team working skills and experiences, excellent communication skills with very good customer handling capabilities.
- Able to handle different projects concurrently and Lead experience.
- Technical support to the team, reviews of deliverables, communication with offshore team, track all the deliverables and to impart on job training to the team.
- Experience in performing System, Functionality, User Acceptance, Integration and Regression testing.
- Excellent Interpersonal communication, Documentation skills and experience coordinating with project managers, business Analyst, Architects, DBAs and Developers.
- Experience on data warehousing concepts, ETL tool Informatica.
- Self-Motivated, energetic, self-starter with excellent analytical, organizational and creative skills.
- Tableau 6.1
- Data Stage
- RUP Methodology
- MS VISIO
- MS Project.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
- Experience with the design and development ofTableauvisualization solutions.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports inTableau. Created report schedules onTableau server.
- Actively involved in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards, scorecards and created proof of concept / prototype the same using Tableau desktop.
- Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand wherewe have most users vs.least users.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems including HTML issues.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global), Parameters, Groups and sets for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards. Worked on HP Vertica.
- Extensively used analytical features in Tableau like Statistical functions and calculations, trend lines, forecasting etc. in many tableau reports.
- Publish the developed dashboard, reports on theTableauServer so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
- Design and development of various reports and dashboards that can be easily accessible through Tableau App in IPad, IPhones, other smart mobile phones and UI development.
- Actively participated in clarification meeting with the Clients.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Involved in Onsite & Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables.
Environment: Tableau 8.1,8.2,8.3,9.0.2,9.2, Oracle 11g and MS access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2
Confidential, Bakersfield, CA
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery.
- Connected Tableau server to publish dashboard to a central location for portal integration.
- Connected Tableau server with share-point portal and setup auto refresh feature.
- Created visualization for logistics calculation and department spend analysis.
- Generate KPI for customer satisfaction
- Maintained Test log and written test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Generated the test plan specifying an overview of testing approach, testing strategy, roles, responsibilities and its scope.
- Created Test Scripts, Test hierarchy to represent the features and functionality that need to be test in the application.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Performed Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensures that the new system will perform correctly in a production environment and interface correctly with other production systems.
- Involved in doing security and negative testing of the application.
Environment: Tableau 7.0,8.0,8.1, Oracle 9i/10g and MS access, Oracle SQL Developer
Confidential, Lakeway, TX
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements
- Elicit business solutions to develop SOX compliance into the existing procurement workflow executed through IT channels.
- Performed Analysis of Reference Data, Data sets and Asset classes in order to bring data into the central repository.
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Designed, developed and implemented tableau BI reports.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Transformed TABLEAU into a managed service offering for consumption across Corporate Treasury and Corporate Investments.
- Worked extensively with MS Visio and Rational tools to document requirements.
- Defined the scope of the project based on the gathered business requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts, project risks and scope exclusions
- Defined functional business requirements, analyzed client requirements, and generated workflow processes
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification.
- Assisted in project management activities like planning, development, task allocation, project execution
- Provided full project life cycle flowcharting, analysis and documentation.
- Responsible for extracting, transforming, and loading data from ODS, flat files and placing it into data warehouse.
- Designed, developed, and tested the jobs, using Data Stage
- Involved in some part of performance tuning.
- Developed simple and complex jobs using Data Stage to load dimensions and fact tables as per STAR schema techniques.
- Created Data Definitions and help maintain Metadata repository.
- Utilized Erwin for reverse engineering the database from DDL scripts.
- Created documentation, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing.
- Designed and Developed Drill through Reports, Dashboards and modified the existing Dashboards using MicroStrategy desktop.
- Interacted with the End users on a regular basis for resolving issues pertaining to the reports.
- Defined project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress and updating plans using MS Project.
- Prepared monthly status reports for Enhancement Requests to the project team that was used in efficient tracking and monitoring of open issues of the project.
Environment: Tableau 6.1, Oracle, Toad, Data Stage, MicroStrategy, Autosys, UNIX, Microsoft (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook), RUP Methodology, MS VISIO, MS Project.
Confidential, Hingham, MA
- Responsible for troubleshooting various aspects of the client/server architecture in Oracle setting.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries used in extracting data from different source systems as well as in transformation of data using SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Installed and configured new databases as required.
- Responsible for providing 24x7 supports for all Production and Development Databases.
- Implanted hot standby database backups and Data Guard for production databases.
- Testing and implementation of database replication.
- Perform application testing of new portal applications and interface. Expert in infrastructure skills.
- Integrate Oracle and SQL database Content into portal.
- Manage, administer and upgrade Oracle database 9i and Oracle 10g database technologies.
- Implementing the data model required by the application.
- Creatingschema objectsand implementing rules fordata integrity.
- Writing server-sidePL/SQLor Java subprograms and client-side procedural code that useSQLstatements
- Creating the application interface with the chosen development tool
- Analyze and troubleshoot system issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and automate routine maintenance tasks.
- Coding and testing several utilities according to the requirements of client.
- Planning & Managing of Database Backups.
- Analyzing schema objects.
- Monitoring of alerts logs for the database performance.
- Managing tablespaces, tables, indexes and views.
- Multiplexing control files.
- Recreating the control files using the trace files.
- Logical backup using export, import & data pump.
- Worked on transportable table space.
- Using SQL *Loader, converted data from Unified system to Oracle Database.
- Create and maintain the physical & logical Backups.
- Troubleshooting Oracle Databases using SQL trace utilities.
- Monitoring the different memory status.
- Monitored and diagnosed database performance through monitoring of alert files and trace files.
- Used Explain plan statement and Oracle Optimizer hints to enhance performance of SQL statements.
- Configured memory & disk resources to Optimize sort operations.
- Used log miner to monitor log activity.
Environment: Oracle 11g and MS access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2, Toad, SQL *Loader, SQL *Plus.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Front-line support of all the financials modules for SVU 24/7.
- Development and delivery of Periodic, Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports as per the business requirements based on the Oracle Financials Modules. i.e. AP, GL, PO, PA, FA etc.
- Monitoring every day, the 18-21-byte Program after completion of GL POST. Troubleshooting if there is any issue related to completion of the program or with the BEA Server.
- Handling issues related to Oracle Financials through Service Requests, Mails, Calls, and Oscar Tickets
- Providing the user with the resolution if the issue is resolvable within Level 1 activities else routing the requests to Level 2 Support workgroup or other issue related workgroup
- Resolving the issue as per the SLA norms and the severity of the issue. Level 1 Support Team has certain privileges’ in Oracle Financials Production as well as the other instances, which allows us to create, modify and alter access of the New Users as well as the existing users in Oracle Financials
- Developing SQL Scripts for troubleshooting in case the user access seems to be fine from the front end but with a problem at the back end. Working with the DBA’s for the execution of the script with the prior approval from the manager of the user
- Altering, creating the access of the existing and the new User on prior receiving the approval from the Super Users
- Deleting or End Dating the terminated Users or their accesses in bulk.
- Assisting the User’s with the errors received while accessing Oracle Financials
- Maintaining Audit trial and SOX compliance and provide service for audits.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g and MS access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2, Toad, SQL *Loader, SQL *Plus, Oracle SQL Developer