- Graduate from Confidential having 8+ years of experience in Database Administration, Design, Development, System Analysis & Supporting MS SQL Server's …, Data/ Business analysis, ETL Development and Data Modeling.
- Certified SCRUM master, worked in agile - scrum, RUP, Spiral, waterfall methodologies and a knowledgeable data analyst. Proficient in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Migration, Data Conversion, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services and Configuration Management.
- Expert in designing relational database model (RDBMS) and implementation as per business needs. Worked wif Technical Architects and Database analysts for teh Design of Summary tables required for efficient Report Design. Efficient in up gradation and migration from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2014.
- Expert in Data Conversion, Normalization, Multi-Dimensional Modeling and involved in creation of Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema.
- Extensively worked in populating aDataWarehouse wif Microsoft SQL Server 2010Data Transformation Services.Hands on development experience on teh ETL process inDataWarehouse environments wif skills on major ETL tools.
- Proficient in statistical analysis and teh use of statistical packages like R, SAS. Hands on experience wif large datasets. Proficient in quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate analysis and distribution free analysis. Experienced in performing Data mining wif all these statistical techniques.
- Extensive experience in writing Complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) Queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, joins, Dynamic SQL queries etc. Good experience in development of reports using Crystal Reports, XML, Excel Spreadsheet, SSIS, SSRS, and Data Reports.
- Experience in various phases of Software Development life cycle (Analysis, Designing) wif expertise in documenting various requirement specifications, functional specifications, Test Plans, Source to Target mappings, SQL Joins.
- Expert in creating indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, appropriate functions, and TEMPeffective Triggers to facilitate efficientdatamanipulation anddataconsistency.Designed DTS and SSIS Packages to periodically update theDatawarehouse. Experience in Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experience in Application domain knowledge in Financial, Manufacturing, Retail and Supply Chain industries.
- Excellent Knowledge in SQL Server Administration, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)and SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS). Conversant in Database Installation, Capacity Planning, Implementing Backup and Recovery Strategy for application and database.
- A self-starter, strong leader, vocal and efficient multitasker. Passionate about learning new technologies, keeping up wif latest industry trends.
Operating System: Mac OS, Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000, Linux, UNIX, MsDOS
Statistical Tool: R, SAS, Excel 2007/2010, Access 2003/2007, Minitab, StatPad, SPSS
Statistical Techniques: Multi Variate Analysis (MVN, SVM, SEM, PC, FA, PLS), Regression Analysis, Clustering, Non Parametric analysis
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose Enterprise Suite, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, Clear Case, Clear Quest, SharePoint 2007, Rational DOORS
Database & Server: Oracle, MS SQL server, MS Access, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, MySQL
Project Methodology: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and Waterfall
Packages: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project
Languages: SQL, R programming, C, Python and Java
Financial and Financial modeling: Equities, Fixed Income, securities, foreign exchange, bonds and derivatives, insurance, mutual funds and check processing, trading & risk environment, credit, interest rates, equity, foreign exchange, treasuries and Mortgage concept
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, ROLAP, DOLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP, Query/Reporting, Data modelling, Data mapping, Data Mining, Multidimensional Analysis, Data Mining, Slicing/dicing, Drill Down/Roll Up, MDM
ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS, Sqoop, Oracle Data Integrator, Pentahoo
Design: Entity-Relationships, Data Flow Diagrams
QA Testing Tools: HP QC, JIRA, Load Runner, Rally, IBM Rational Performance Tool, VersionOne
BI Reporting Tools: Tableau, Micro strategy, Crystal Reports, Cognos 10 (report & Query studio), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Micro strategy reporting system, HP ALM, SSIS, Pentahoo
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
System Sr. Business Analyst / Scrum Master
- Conducted gap analysis for teh operational risk management for data management and analysis. Gathering requirements such as focus group, one on one and JAR. Conducted GAP analysis, impact analysis, Feasibility studies as& when required, also tracking KPI’s in order to identify trends and monitor teh business.
- Worked wif SME’s and created targeted Questionnaire to gather requirements to match and analyze teh requirements of teh business in relation to teh new KYC requirements and AML regulation by teh SEC.
- Delivered artifacts such as BRD wif High Level Documents (HLD), FRD wif Low Level Documents (LLD) and SRS and supported various technical stakeholders. Based on teh requirements developed used cases for each functional requirement and compliance scenarios.
- Implemented KYC practices in relation to Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML). Implemented flagging Case management, analysis and reporting in relation to SAR, CDD, FACTA compliance, of ac Watch list filtering and automation.
- Conducted analysis in relation to security lending, loans or various financial services. Facilitated in integrating case management to visual analytics for advanced analysis and reporting using visual analytics.
- Implemented case management and developed scenario portfolio for relevant cases to be structured and implemented on flagging teh operational data (OLTP) and transferred them into OLAP cubes for building audit trails for drill down.
- Facilitated in teh integration of payment network, credit/debit, mortgage, insurance data back end and accessed teh metadata and reference data for management (MDM). Along wif CRS to provide access to all teh flagged and teh granular data in teh form of reports.
- Worked on epic user stories, breaking them down into smaller user stories, using teh INVEST model to break down epics, writing down teh acceptance criteria and discussing wif teh scrum team in order to estimate teh story points wif Fibonacci series estimating technique.
- Facilitated teh development team to sign Service Level Agreements (SLA) for multiple web services to get and access information from other applications like KYC, CDD and others in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Monitored and helped developers understand teh web services to develop relevant web methods to request required information for teh middle tier from other application in XML code and worked on data mapping. Good XML knowledge wrote web methods and performed XSD to XSD data mapping using XML Spy.
- Data mapping to target teh relevant source data in relation to teh destination to provide business rules for cross functional ETL.
- Provided teh ER diagrams for entity and attribute relationship of teh relational data base. Extensively used SQL Queries for data analysis, system verification and validation by joining tables and developed check constraints to provide data integrity.
- Provided FRD and developed teh functional and nonfunctional requirements, business rules, use cases, mock ups and wire frame (Visio), UML methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Implemented Agile/scrum& used JIRA for software development and issued tickets and raised issues. Provided user stories, story points, worked on epic user stories and back logs grooming, providing teh acceptance criteria, updated sprint velocity and maintained burn down charts. Conducted Sprint planning, daily scrum, Sprint review and Sprint retrospective meeting.
- Analyzed data lineage to understand teh source of teh data in relation to teh transactional reports of credit/debit accounts and delinquent accounts.
- Conducted JAD, Operational Risk Management and implemented Change Management. Was involved in writing test cases and worked closely wif teh quality analyst in writing teh test cases.
- Provided requirement traceability matrix in tracing back to teh function requirement and tech spec tracing back to teh requirement gathered by me.
- Created traceability matrix, reviewed test plan and test cases, and supervised defect tracking. Monitored smoke testing, regression testing and load testing (Load Runner).
- Involved extensively UAT provided dummy data and functional check list and made changes based on teh business stakeholder request.
Environment: Java, Scrum, Jira, AML, HPQC, SOA, Visio, Mockup Screens, Agile, ETL, UML, SharePoint 2013, SQL Server Services, Toad, Tableau and Informatica.
Confidential, St Petersburg, FL
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Done Technical Feasibility Study and recommended teh Optimal Solution. Involved in ETL process Using Data Integrator for moving data from source to target databases
- Developed conceptual data model followed by logical data model establishing all teh entity relationships among all teh entities. Data migration from flat files and other logs into teh database by identifying relevant tables and data types. Worked on data analysis, data mapping and reports to establish Entity Relationships(ER).
- Identified all teh attributes for each entity and established primary keys and foreign keys between various entities to finalize teh physical data model.
- Achieved 3NF for all teh tables in teh OLTP system to make sure teh data is not duplicated and not redundant. Also made sure there are no loops in teh entity relationships.
- Generated several Metadata reports for ETL mapping, and job execution statistics. Designed and developed hundreds of Data Integrator programs. Established Metadata management in teh database and data governance was closely monitored in terms of establishing set of procedures and plans to maintain data quality, data lineage, data integrity and data definition.
- Created Business Objects Universes for teh Purchase Inquiries as per teh requirements for OLAP functionality. Created various Classes, Objects and also tested them to ensure correct mapping of data.
- Resolved loops, defined contexts and aliases to resolve loops and also tested them to ensure that correct results are retrieved. Dimension objects and Measure objects were created both at teh Universe level and at teh Report level to meet teh requirements.
- Developed various complex, ad-hoc and canned reports using Business Objects Universes as teh main Data Provider. Created Reports using multiple data providers. Created Reports wif graphical representation such as Bar charts, Pie charts for multidimensional analysis.
- Defined and created Hierarchies as per teh business rule for teh reports to be viewed at selected reporting level. Created user prompts, conditions and filters for various reports to specify teh reporting parameters as per teh business rules and teh requirements of teh end users.
- Created reports using Free-Hand SQL Data providers. Published and retrieved documents through Info view.
- OLTP system is developed and tested wif various test data. Developed various store procedures and triggers to extract consolidated information from teh database for teh sake of executive business users which can facilitate in decision making.
- Worked on Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Oracle Business intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).Developed reports wif business objects functionalities like slice and dice, drill down. Involved in building data cubes and establishing appropriate dimensions and facts.
- Provided pivot tables, Documented teh entire work done and transferred teh knowledge to end users.
Environment: Business Objects 5.1/6.x, Broadcast Agent Publisher, Web Intelligence 2 7/6 (Reporter, Info View), Data Integrator, Oracle 9i, ERWIN, Data modeling, Windows 2000, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, SSAS, Visual Paradigm
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Retail store sales forecast Data Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in Data mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center.
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Collected historical sales data from various OLTPs across teh organization. Closely worked wif teh ETL Developer while Performing ETL using Informatica into teh Data warehouse. Teh online orders data is 25 GB in various formats like excel text log files.
- Performed data cleaning and summary statistics to understand teh distribution and quality of teh data.
- Monthly Sales forecasting is done using ARIMA and tested for 2 months to obtain a 96% accuracy in forecasting. Fine tuning based on factors TEMPhas been done based on weekends, national holidays, festivals and other promotional events.
- Daily forecasting and weekly forecasting models developed wif teh help of linear regression and PLS models. 93% accuracy reported for 4 weeks period.
- Explored various models suitable for teh Scheduling Forecast outliers. Developed a model to forecast teh Sales in store for every 15 minutes using teh time series sales data. Modeled using Quantile Regression method to forecast hourly sales in a store.
Environment: PostgreSQL, R, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS, Multi-variate Analysis, Regression, Quantile Regression, ARIMA, SSIS, SSAS, MSSQL, Partial Least Square Regression.
Business Intelligence & Web Application Business Data Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in JAD sessions wif Business, SME for Business Analysis, requirement understanding, Solution Designing, Data Modeling, Configuration, Data Migration as well as conducting end-user training.
- Build teh organization's role hierarchy by adding teh Roles as per teh organization structure and created custom profiles to satisfy teh organization's hierarchy.
- Gathered requirements, analyzed, and wrote teh design documents Provided End-user Training and documentation for customer reporting services. Attended JAD sessions and created reports for Budgeting, Finance and Project Management departments.
- Participated in teh Analysis, Design and Development Phases of report development, performance tuning and production rollout for every report of Information Technology Department. Performed data analysis and data profiling using complex SQL on various sources systems.
- Wrote SQL queries on teh databases wrote test validation scripts and performed system testing. Wrote SQL scripts to test teh mappings and developed traceability matrix of business requirements mapped to test scripts to ensure any change control in requirements leads to test case update.
- Involved in extensive Data validation by writing several complex SQL queries and involved in back-end testing and worked wif data quality issues.
- Worked on daily basis wif lead Data Warehouse developers to evaluate impact on current implementation, redesign of all ETL logic. Created technical specifications documents based on teh functional design document for teh ETL coding to build teh data mart.
- Designed and implemented report layouts according to reporting standards of teh department. Owned teh assigned reports, worked on them and updated teh Report Development Scheduler for status on each report.
- Responsible for making teh report available for scheduling or viewing on demand. Worked wif Technical Experts to Improve Report Performance and performed System testing.
Environment: MSSQL, SSAS, SSIS, Informatica, Flat Files, Log Files, OLAP, Cubes, .Net, HTML
Business / Data Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, deploy and monitor indirect procurement metrics. Analysis and working on spend data and piece data.
- Working on Data warehouse, reports and historical data. Creating databases, reporting and contract documentation. Working on price files and creation mapping documents. Design, deploy and monitor indirect procurement metrics.
- Automation of ETL process and establishing appropriate transformations on teh data to achieve consistency in teh process wifout any deviations.
- Data Migration and metadata management was crucial for maintaining data quality, data integrity, data lineage and establishing entity relationships.
- Experience in data analysis, strong SQL, Excel and Access. Create and deploy targeted category strategies supported by robust analysis and research. Develop, refine and analytical solutions, data intensive systems.
- Worked on construct meaningful and persuasive business cases and productively influence multiple functions and senior management.
- Conducting studies, rapid pilots, and use advanced data mining and modeling techniques to build solutions that optimize teh quality and performance of data.
- Developed data cubes by identifying appropriate dimensions and facts based on business insights to facilitate business users’ decision making.
- Worked on Mortgage, Auto & BB Waterfall Exclusion data modeling for BASEL data warehouse project.
- Interacted wif business and developer team for data validation and defect tracking. Developing, analyzing and troubleshooting production code and other automated systems.
- Responsible for generating weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as per teh requirement and running them as per teh schedules.
- Data Visualization and Analytical professional using Tableau to:
- Analyze and obtain insights into large data sets, create visually compelling and actionable interactive reports and dashboards.
- Define specification, design and build of Tableau Desktop reports and dashboards. Installation, set up and administration of Tableau Server
- Interact wif Project Managers to understand reporting requirements to translate into SAS code. Good understanding of BRD, UAT and functional documents.
Environment: SAS 9.1.3, SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1, VersionOne Control, BOBJ, Tableau, Teradata - SQL Server Assistant, Ultra Edit.