- Around 8 Years of IT experience in Business Analysis and Business Intelligence Projects, along with 4+ years of Tableau Development using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server .
- Expertise in Data Visualization tools like Tableau Desktop, Server and Reader in various versions of Tableau 6/7/8 and 9.0
- Good understanding of Tableau Desktop architecture for designing and developing dashboards.
- Expertise in creating dashboards, reports, reporting and analytic applications and tools to drive sales and revenue growth
- Utilized all Tableau tools including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Public, and Tableau Reader extensively
- Experience in installation, Configuration and administration of Tableau Server in multi - server and multi-tier environment.
- Extensive TableauExperience in Enterprise Environment and TableauAdministrator experience including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- Involved in upgrading Tableauplatforms in clustered environment and performing content upgrades.
- Created solution driven dashboards by developing different chart types including Crosstab’s, Heat/Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, and Histograms in Tableau Desktop.
- Wide experience in creating OLAP cubes, identifying dimensions, attributes, hierarchies and calculating measures and dimension members.
- Have good knowledge on Python which can be done at C level.
- Good knowledge of Relational database concepts and possess strong knowledge in writing SQL queries in oracle.
- Experienced in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition( OBIEE )/Siebel Analytics, Oracle Discoverer (Desktop Edition, Plus Edition, Viewer Edition and Admin Edition of Versions 4i, 9i and 10g), BI Publisher ( Formerly Known As XML Publisher)
- Excellent experience in designing OBIEE Dashboards, BI Answers, and Analytics using Administration Tool of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition on Top of Data Marts and Data warehouse.
- Have good knowledge on Data Modelling concepts
- Extensive experience in using Tableau functionalities for creating different Requests, Filters, Charts, Interactive Dashboards with page and dashboard Prompts
- Extensive Experience in Tableau Server includes Automatic Backup, Cluster Node environment.
- Experience in Administering user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Experienced in tuning long running SQL queries for better performance.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Good understanding and background in financial services, media, and telecom industry.
- Comfortable working independently or with team with limited supervision and working in tighter schedules, meeting deadlines, and ability to learn on the fly.
- Good knowledge on Python Scripting
BI/Visualization Tools: Tableau 6/7/8.1/8.2/8.3 and 9.0,Qlikview, Birst
Programming: SQL, UNIX Shell
Utilities: MS Office Suite, MS Share Point, MS Project
Databases: Oracle 10g/11i, Oracle SQL Server 2008 R2, Oracle Business Intelligence MS Access, MS Excel, DB2
Platforms: Windows 7/8/2003/NT, MS Server 2008 R2, Mac OS, DOS, UNIX.
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN Technologies.
Confidential, Glendale, CA
Sr. BI Developer/Admin (Tableau)
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery.
- Copied data from SQL server to Oracle thru .CSV files using SQL developer tool.
- PreparingDashboardsusing calculations, parameters, calculatedfields,groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Used Sheet filters to produce multiple chart types in a single view.
- Used calculated fields extensively for different logics for Trend, Extended price calculations for the different cost types.
- Foundefficientways to make tables and graphs which were visually easy to understand and at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content.
- Implemented Data modeling as per the requirement and created new Data Mart.
- Configuring server health checks, Backup failover & Server Alerts
- Configured HTTP port opening(80,443), Single Sign on (SSO) using SAML and SSL
- Created automatic email alerts upon extracts failures, workbook performance issues
- Coordinating Tableau Software company for Desktop professional & Server licensing’s
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Created rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Recent upgrades to Tableau server 8.1.7, 8.2.4,8.2.6 & 8.3 and 9.0 successfully
- Site, Project, User & group creations and permission settings using portal or TABADMIN
- Analyzing performance issues either in server or desktop by checking logs
- Used Python scripting for Data extracts using Tableau Data Extract API ( TDE API)
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.2 and 9.0 Tableau Server, DB2, Oracle SQL Server, Teradata, MS Access, Win Server 2008 R2, Active, TABADMIN, TABCMD, APIs, CSV files, Apache 2.2, Share point, TDE Files
Confidential, Indianpolis, IN
- Installed tableau software, installing worker nodes on supporting servers and configured worker nodes with primary server.
- Configured and upgraded Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Preparing dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Implement info graphics and Dash boarding for data visualization.
- Interact professionally with diverse group of professionals in the organization including managers and executives.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Involved in license management SLA’s with Tableau support.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
- Documented complete server architecture and solutions to troubleshoot performance, scheduling, and server related issues.
- Experience in converting OBIEE content into Tableau BI content.
- Experience in providing Tableau server and tableau desktop training.
- Experience with Teradata.
- Experienced with trouble shoot of Teradata connection.
- Tested reports and uploaded tableau dashboards onto server and provided production support for tableau users.
Environment: Tableau server / Administrator, Tableau Desktop v7/v8, Windows Server Standard R2, Oracle 11i, Sybase, Crystal XI, TSQL.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
BI Developer (Tableau)
- Created demos in Tableau Desktop and published onto Tableau Server for use with an IPad as proposed solutions in order to attract prospective clients.
- Evaluated and worked on several Business Intelligence Platforms such as Birst and Qlikview in order to compare and contrast specific client’s needs against Tableau.
- Migrated content from Production, to QA to Development Environment
- Used Actions extensively to link and filter sheets for easier navigation in Dashboards
- Interacted with business users to gather requirements and provided guidance for the Data Warehouse team in how to structure data for optimal use in Tableau
- Using Tableau Desktop created Interactive reporting dashboards by combining multiple views.
- Created calculated fields for implementation of color coding and proper aggregations coming from SAP BW
- Created extensive joins for data blending from several different data sources
- Helped customize Tableau Server with Company Logo and Company Pop-Ups
- Participated in weekly meetings, reviews, and user group meeting as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: Tableau 7x, Oracle Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Rapid SQL, Birst, Qlikview, SAP BW
- Used SSIS Packages for Moving Oracle data sources to SQL Server.
- Developed several mappings to load data from multiple sources to data warehouse.
- Worked with SSIS package event handlers, property expressions
- Responsible to tune ETL procedures and schemas to optimize load and query Performance.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management
- Configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated parameterized/Drilldown, Drill through & Cascaded reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Responsible for stylish design layout likePie charts,GraphsandLinked Reports.
- Involved in designingParameterized Reportsand alsocascaded Parameterized Reports.
- Involved in design and deployment ofReport Modelsfor generatingAd-Hocreports as per the client requirements.
- Played a major role in production support of SSIS jobs
- Writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore from disaster recovery by using SQL Server 2008/2005 tools like SQL Server Management Studio
- Resolved various performance issues by running DBCC command
- Administered of all SQL server database objects, logins, users and permissions in each registered server
- Managed Database files, transaction log and estimated space requirements.
Environment: SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Excel 2003/2007, MS Access 2003, SQL Server Management Studio, Windows, Oracle 10g
- Created new database objects like procedures, functions, packages, triggers, indexes and views using T-SQL in development and production environment for SQL server 2005
- Extracted data from xml and flat files using SSIS
- Developed reports using crystal reports and used table control, matrix control for cross tab reports.
- Involved in designing of conceptual logical model and physical model
- Generated parameterized/Drilldown, Drill through & Cascaded reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Fine-tuned the logic in procedures, functions and triggers for optimum performance.
- Developed database triggers to enforce data integrity and additional referential integrity.
- Wrote transact SQL utilities to generate table insert and update statements
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks
- Used SQL profiler and query analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (cluster index, non-cluster index) tables.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS Excel 2003/2007, MS Access 2003, Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Profiler and SSRS.