- Over 7 years of experience in analyzing, designing, developing and supporting effective Business Intelligence solutions and products.
- Expertise in designing OLAP cubes, ETL, Designing Database, Data Visualization on, Statistical Analysis and Modelling, data warehouse methodologies using different BI tools andDatabases.
- Have end to end experience of product development from the requirements specification stage till acceptance testing and go - live.
- Involved in designing Extract, Transform and Load mapping sheets, also prepared technical design documents.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded data using SSIS.
- Good experience on creating SSIS package design, construction and deployment.
- Have experience in developing various kinds of SSRS reports like Matrix, Drilldown, Drill-through, Linked, Parameterized Sub-reports and Dashboards reports.
- Extensively worked on Microsoft SQL Server using T-SQL Queries Stored Procedures, Functions Indexes, Triggers, Dynamic SQL, Functions, and Views.
- Experience in Package Logging, Error Logging & Event Handling to redirect the error & fix the errors in SSIS.
- Experienced in Developing, Deploying and Scheduling the ETL packages in the Production &UAT environments.
- Strong ability in SQL Query Optimization and Performance Tuning of SSIS Packages.
- Have experience in working with MS SQL Server Business Intelligence (MSBI) suite, OLTP, OLAP Cube, ETL, Reporting, T- SQL and proficiency in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Extensive experience in Extract Transform Load (ETL) process using Microsoft SSIS.
- Developed SSIS packages using various Control Flow and Data Flow tasks like Derived Columns, Conditional Split, Execute SQL Task, Bulk Insert, Send email, FTP Task and have good experience with SSIS package Configuration, Deployment etc.
- Worked on creating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel Spreadsheet.
- Good knowledge in Star schema and Snowflake Schema in Data warehouse.
RDBMS/DBMS: Microsoft -SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, MS Access.
BI /Data model Tools: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, SSIS and SSAS.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP, Windows Server 2008.
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C.
Application Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook.
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Visual Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
Confidential, Savannah, GA
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters. Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Experience in using SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA).
- Implemented high availability solutions, using Clustering, Database mirroring, and in DR solutions using Mirroring and Log Shipping.
- Created SSIS jobs and scheduled them withSQLServer Agent.
- Extensive use of SSIS in extracting data across multiple servers, performing various manipulations and then loading them into downstream databases.
- Creating packages in SSIS with error handling. Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Created jobs and alerts for the successful execution of the ETL packages in the SQL server Management Studio and created SSIS Packages using various Data Flow and Control Flow transformations.
- Developed SSRS report which published the logging report, as per business users.
- Performed the data validations after the OLAP cube process by connecting SSAS OLAP cube to excel and identifying the data discrepancy, if any, as compared to the expected value.
- Actively participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and debugging of the problem.
- Used System tables, System Stored Procedure, DBCC commands for Database maintenance.
- Modifying the SSRS reports to enhance their visual representation.
- Created ETL packages to load everyday transactional data into Data warehouse and BCP to build analysis services cubes and create SSRS reports on top of the cubes to provide quarterly forecast about each product to the client.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Confidential, Atlanta GA
- Involved in gathering the user requirements.
- Created SQL server Reports using SSRS 2012.
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill-down and Sub-Report using and linked reports using SQL SERVER Reporting Services.
- Identified the data source and defining them to build the data source views.
- Debugging reports and deploying reports.
- Involved in SSRS report deployment and report server configuration.
- Developed various types of reports like drill down, matrix, cross tab, ad hoc, Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created Tabular reports, Cross Tab Reports and Sub Reports.
- Created SSIS Packages to import and export data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text files and CSV files.
- Scheduled the reports to run automatically.
- Launching the report builder for adhoc reports.
- Configuring the report viewing security.
- Created schedules and subscriptions.
- Scheduled the Reports to run on daily and weekly basis in Report Manager and also emailing them to director and analysts to be reviewed in Excel Sheet.
- Responsible for deploying reports to Report Manager and Troubleshooting for any error occurring during execution.
- Data migration (Import & Export using BCP) from text to SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in database backup, recovery procedures.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Maintained the table performance by following the tuning tips like normalization, creating indexes and collect statistics.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, Windows XP.
Confidential, Dublin, CA
- Involved in designing of complex ETL solution based on the Customer need which involves various stages of the data flow from Flat File/SQL server source to staging area, cleansing the data,loading to the fact tables and then aggregating the data for reporting purpose. These ETL involvevarious transformations like SCD, Merge, Look-up, derived column, data conversion, multicast, union all transformations etc.
- Re-engineering the legacy ETL code to improve the performance of the code and also for easy Maintenance and also wrote ETL packages using SSIS.
- Design and unit test the reports using SSRS.
- Also re-engineered the legacy ETL process by designing the enhancements to include bad data management & email notification (failure & success), effective logging, improving the performance.
- Review the code written by team and making recommendations with respect to performance and standards.
- Attending the regular meetings with clients to understand the requirements.
- Responsible for the quality deliverables.
- Provide technical support for the team.
- Experience in Transact-SQL and implementing business logic using Triggers, Indexes, Views and Stored procedures and creating alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled jobs.
- Monitored SQL Server Performance using SQL query Execution Plan.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for creating drill down, drill through etc. reports based on the requirements. Also, performed excel (XL) reporting by connecting the SSAS OLAP cubes to excel. Scheduled the reports to run on daily, weekly basis in the report manager.
- Documentation of all the processes involved for future reference.
- Preparing the design document based on the requirements.
- Implementing and enforcing the process to the project.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2008 (SSIS, SSRS), TSQL, Visual Studio 2010.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
- Interact with Business users and Technical SMEs to clarify requirements, review design, test cases, UAT and deployment.
- Designed and directed the ETL process, including data quality and testing.
- Created and modified Stored Procedures as per the business requirements.
- Worked on SSIS to integrate and analyze data from multiple heterogeneous information sources.
- Created Master/Child ETL Packages using SSIS control flow tasks and Dataflow tasks to extract data from OLTP for Data warehousing applications.
- Worked with different methods of logging, package configurations and event handlers.
- Created parameterized reports, Ad hoc and scheduled reports using SSRS and Report builder from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.Trouble shooting Reports issues, ETL job failures and optimizing query performances.
- Involved in testing of the ETL components and Reports Ensure deliverables meet the quality standards.
Environment: Microsoft Business Intelligence Studio, SQL Server 2008, SAS Enterprise studio, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008, Windows server 2003, MS Excel 2007
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Understanding the Business and its Requirements.
- Involving in designing, testing for SSIS Packages.
- Involving in deploying and scheduling SSIS packages.
- Involved in various tasks such as Control Flow(Execute Sql task, For each loop Containers, Data Flow task, File System etc) and transformations such as Aggregate, Sort, Lookup, Merge join, Multicast, Conditional split, Derived column etc.
- Creating Table, matrix, drill- down and drill - through reports using SSRS.
- Involving in deploying Reports.
Environment: SQL Server2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerShell
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server Reporting Services 2005.
- Involved in migration of crystal reports to SSRS 2005.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Configured Transactional Replication between the Production server and Reporting server to move the data to servers in various locations to the Share Point portal Server.
- Created reports using stored procedure. Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports.
- Involved in creating report models and applying row level security filters for report model.
- Developed Stored Procedures and Views to be used to supply the data to the reports.
- Complex formulas were used to show derived fields and to format the data based on specific conditions.
- Experience in building reports through Report Builder and Report Designer.
- Experience in creating reports using Report Model and applying row level security filters.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, SQL BI Suite (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Enterprise manager, XML, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access 2003 & Windows Server 2003, Oracle.