- Over 8 years of experience on Tableau Business Intelligence/Business Analytics software and Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Migration, Production support.
- Experience in designing highly interactive visualizations using Tableau software and publishing and presenting dashboards on web and desktop platforms
- Expertise in Tableau, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL, XML, MS. Access, MS SQL server.
- Experienced on Tableau Admin activities, Multidimensional database and writing SQL queries.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop dat were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly wif the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Experience in gathering requirements, analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects.
- Expertise in getting the data from different data source such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL.
- Involved in creating interactive dashboards and applied actions (filter, highlight and URL) to dashboard.
- Worked on generating various dashboards in Tableau Server using different data sources. Used Data Blending to merge data from different sources.
- Created multiple dashboards wif Drill Down capabilities using dashboard prompts, Local and Global Filters.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure dat the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Involved in administering user, user groups and schedule instances for Tableau reports.
- Maintaining Tableau reports & analysis and work on enhancements to existing reports or creating new reports based on business needs.
- Created Stored - procedures in T-SQL for commonly used Query tasks for better efficiency.
- Optimized the performance of queries wif modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
- Worked on Query Optimization using SQL Query Optimizer, SQL Server Extended Events, SQL Profiler, Set Session Options, and Temporary Tables.
- Extensive practice in extracting, transforming and loading data from OLTP (Transactional) Databases and other data sources into Data Warehouses for further Business Intelligence Analysis using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Tableau 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x
Database: SQL Server, MS Access
Programming: C, C++, JAVA, Visual Basic, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/VISTA, UNIX, LINUX
Confidential, San Francisco CA
- Data blending implemented on EMPI databases and generated interactive dashboards. Involve in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provide documentation.
- Perform Tableau Server admin duties; add users/groups from Active Directory
- Create Schedules and extract the data into Tableau server.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling on Tableau server.
- Manage the Tableau solution architecture, administration and actively manage the performance and usability. Align/standardize team members on best practices around Tableau driven implementations.
- Implement action filters, parameters, calculated filed and set for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Create Tableau scorecards, dashboards using Stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively wif Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Implementation of Row level security using User Filters and Username ( ) in Calculated fields.
- Created adhoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access, managing extracts and Installations.
- Involved in creating calculated fields, mapping and hierarchies.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Familiar wif Installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of Tableau tool across the environments.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Generated Dashboards wif Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so dat only appropriate teams can view it.
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a Tableau administrator
- Analyzed the source data and handled efficiently by modifying the data types.
- Generated context filters and used performance actions while handling huge volume of data.
- Generated Tableau dashboards for sales wif forecast and reference lines as per requirements.
- Used Java Script API to customize the views, selects, filters, date and time.
- Interacted wif business users for gathering requirements and look and feel of the applications to be developer.
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Developed various dashboards, used context filters, sets while dealing wif huge volume of data.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau adhoc reports.
- Designed dash boards for actionable, non-actionable complaints from Multidimensional database.
- Generated dashboards to compare the expected weekly sales vs projected sales used dual axis for comparison.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Generated Tableau dashboards wif combination charts for clear understanding.
- Interacted wif business users for gathering requirements for BASV Projects Dashboards.
- Prepared Use cases and look and feel documents and got reviewed wif end users.
- Generated Tableau dashboards for e-bills and paper bills comparison.
- Generated Tableau dashboards wif quick filters and sets for ICD9 codes connecting to Oracle Database.
- Generated adhoc Tableau reports on demand for providers.
- Generated Tableau reports wif Trend lines.
- Generated Tableau Dashboards wif Oracle Essbase multidimensional database.
- Used filters, quick filters, sets, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Performed incremental extracts for OLAP database.
- Created actual sales and target sales view wif Trend lines, table calculations to see the difference between each quarter.
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau adhoc reports.
- Involved in creating and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Generated Tableau combination charts using Tableau visualization software.
- Worked on Informatica Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager & Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in discussing Requirement Clarifications wif multiple technical and Business teams.
- Created Technical Design Document from the functional specification documents.
- Used Informatica Power Center for extracting Oracle, flat files for Data Extraction Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned them for better performance.
Jr. SQL Server Developer
- Provide database design support for new system development set standards for object names and usage.
- Worked wif SQL stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers & Packages in SQL Server.
- Used TOAD as an Oracle developer tool.
- Proficient in using SSIS to transfer data from Operating System Flat files to the MS SQL Server database.
- Extensively worked on database cursors in MS SQL Server database.
- Developed triggers wif conditional predicates to restrict data manipulation events to certain business hours.
- Responsible for enhancements development performance tuning trouble-shooting debugging & independent unit-testing.
- Tuning SQL queries & use of range/list partitioning and materialized views.
- Developed ETL packages wif different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed complex T-SQL queries and designed SSIS packages to load the data into warehouse.
- Gatheird requirements, analyze data, develop and build SSRS reports and dashboard, supporting business partners department general business reports.
- Developed T-SQL queries, stored procedures, and user defined functions.
- Developed and implemented SSRS reports wif multi-parameter, chart, sub-report and interactive sorting capability for administration and accounting department.
- Scheduled and manage daily / weekly / monthly sales and operational reports based on the business requirements
Jr Middleware Admin
- Involved in Development of a web based application for "Shares Management System" dat provides different online-transactions. The application enables to access customer's account after authenticating the provided credentials.
- Created, managed and maintained customer databases using Oracle.
- Configured a server to receive requests and perform business logic.
- Provided testing and production support.
- Installed, Configured and administered WebLogic server 7.0.
- Performed WebLogic Server performance tuning.
- Performed J2EE application deployment and administration.
- Created Managed Servers in a Cluster wif round-robin algorithm for Load Balancing.
- Configured Node manager for the machine.
- Created user roles and groups and mapped to the applications for securing the resources.
- Installed and configured Apache and I-Planet Web Server.
- Configured and administered JDBC, JMS, JNDI, and SNMP in WebLogic Server 7.0.
- Developed scripts for automatic startup and shutdown of Admin Server and Managed Servers.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production.