- Well Versed expert with skillful management and technical work experience over 9 years in IT including analysis, design, development, implementation, deployment and maintenance of Business Intelligence, Data Warehouses and Data Mining applications in Financial, Healthcare, Utility, and Manufacturing industries.
- Highly experienced in Tableau, SQL server BI tools, creating visuals, building dashboards, generating reports and customization to meet needs of end - user.
- Extensive ability to design and display Graphic rich visualizations with Filters, Drill Downs and Parameters.
- End to end experience in Installation and configuration, designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau.
- Extensive noledge of all phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile, Scrum and the iterative Rational Unified Process (RUP) including Waterfall.
- Experience in gathering and writing detailed business requirement and translating them into technical specifications/ System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and design identifying interface and business process specifications.
- Extensive Experience working with business users/SMEs as well as senior management.
- Outstanding noledge in writing complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues.
- Extensive experience in using Tableau functionalities for creating different Reports, Interactive Dashboards with page and dashboard Prompts.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, geo and custom geo maps and other making use of actions, local and global filters based to the end user requirement.
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to halp users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Expert in Unit, System and User Acceptance Testing and Performed Data Validation for all the reports and dashboards generated from various database sources.
- Experience in writing complex SQL scripts/ queries to perform End-to-End ETL validations and support Ad-hoc business requests.
- Strong influence management skills, reporting and analytical/problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
Reporting Tools: Tableau 10.2,10.1,9.x 8.x, 7,6, Business Objects 5.x/4.1, SSRS
ETL Tools: Informatica, Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services
Databases: Teradata, Oracle 11g, DB2, MSSQL Server, Sybase
Requirements Management: Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint Excel)
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst, Lotus Notes
Document Management: Documentum, Visual Source Safe 6.0, Share point, Ultra Edit
Defect Management tool: HP Quality Center, SharePoint, JIRA
Methodologies: Data Modeling - Logical/Physical/Dimensional, Star/Snow flake Schema, ETL, OLAP, Complete Software Development Lifecycle, CMMI Compliance, Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
Data Modeling Tools: ERwin, ER Studio
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Created interactive data visualizations and Business Intelligence, including cutting-edge software features and capabilities of Tableau version 10.
- Closely involved in daily integration and ETL tasks by extracting, transforming and loading data to and from different SQL Server databases
- Worked closely with ETL developer and Data Architect to ensure proper requirements and data is gathered for necessary development of visualizations.
- Liaised between business users and Tableau support team, infrastructure teams and Tableau support team to halp improve dashboard response time.
- Advocated the use of Tableau solution and halp educate business users to facilitate early adoption of the tool.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Involved in troubleshooting Tableau Server issues and explaining Tableau Server functionality to business users.
- Responsible to connect data into Tableau reporting tool to create graphic rich dashboards and visualizations for clients.
- Used several high-end technical functionalities in tableau such as pivoting the pulled data, calculated fields, parameters, action filters, highlighters and KPIs.
- Trained users and clients on dashboard navigation, functionalities, tableau server etc.
- Delivered training to others on the use of Tableau and on Business Intelligence software including business objects to navigate and use the visualizations.
- Tracked business systems metrics, budgets and provides reporting.
- Worked on ETL tools or performing ETL processes.
- Work with business users to translate ETL requirements into system flows, data flows, data mappings, Jobs etc., using Talend components like tMap, tReplace, tNormalize etc.,
- Responsible to enhance and automate queries from data sources such as relational databases and flat files.
- Involved in UI Design for Tableau Reports and designed effective layouts.
- Created Dynamic parameters using Java Script API.
- Responsible to analyze data from large datasets, using geospatial and/or statistical analysis tools and worked with end users to troubleshoot problems with both Tableau Desktop and Server.
- Responsible to develop and deliver Tableau training, managing and tracking end user requests and troubleshooting Tableau issues
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with business customers, and technical teams.
- Provided feedback on the quality of data including identification of billing patterns and outliers
Environment: Tableau Desktop, Server, Salesforce, MS outlook, MS office, Excel, CSV, AWS, SQL Server, JAVA Script API.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Responsible in identifying analytics approaches and develop supporting data sets.
- Played crucial role in applying predictive and prescriptive analytics to solve business problems.
- Worked on Tableau visualization tool to create graphic rich dashboards for both Mobile and Desktop.
- Designed and developed various analytical Dashboards from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Designed and Developed reports for various business functionalities like Credit card, Merchant, Loans, and Asset etc.
- Created Prompts, Parameters, customized Calculations, Conditions, Groups, Sets, Bins, Context filters and LODs for various analytical reports and Dashboards.
- Created Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau
- Developed Tableau Dashboards based on KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for the top management.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using charts like Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles.
- Developed Tableau workbooks to perform year over year, quarter over quarter, YTD, QTD and MTD type of analysis
- Implemented sets to display Top N/Bottom N projects based on business defined conditions in a portfolio.
- Liaised with business stakeholders to conduct effective discussions on project/reporting needs, data specifications, priority and timeline to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
- Responsible for assessment for new reports, changes to existing reports and reports transitioned from various business areas so that they can be addressed in new or existing reporting packages and prevent duplicate/redundant reporting
- Ensured maintenance of necessary documentation for key BI & Reporting processes and deliverables.
- Designed and developed Tableau Reports, Dashboards and Stories using visual design best practices.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Wrote Script for AJAX implementations in the website and created components, used AngularJS/JQuery for client side form validations and used JSON for creating objects in Java script.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option.
- Worked with structured and unstructured data sources using Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) across the solution lifecycle.
- Experience with analytics using statistical methodologies and tools (R, Python, SAS, SPSS, etc.).
- Designed and developed data ingestion processes for structured and unstructured data including parsing routines and scripts to automate.
- Implemented data integration across the analytics infrastructure.
- Technical contributor for project planning process as a project lead or subject matter expert.
- Implemented large scale analytics infrastructure in the cloud (AWS, Azure,etc.).
- Possess experience in database technologies, ETL tools and L skills for querying and manipulating datasets.
- Good Understanding on data warehousing concepts including data integration for data warehouse objects.
- Demonstrated skills in project planning and collaborating with groups.
- Ability to describe challenges and solutions in both technical and business terms.
Environment: Tableau Desktop, 10.3 Tableau server, Oracle, Access, MS SQL Server, Excel, HP ALM
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Analyzed the business requirements, identifying the requirements, reviewing and communicating with business and getting sign offs from business.
- Developed reports, dashboards, and SQL queries using Tableau. Worked on gathering data requirements from different sources and data cleansing.
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, sets to created summary level and detailed Reports.
- Designed and implemented Dashboards and Scorecards with business KPIs using Performance Point Server and published them via Tableau.
- Upgraded Tableau server from 8.0 to 9.0 in DEV and QA along with Migration of reports.
- Prepared Tableau reports in various subject areas like Materials Procurement Savings, Bill of Materials, Customer Service Index, Employee Productivity and Employee Safety.
- Defined Hierarchies in Universe to provide the users with Drill down option in reports and Predefined Conditions to use in Business Objects.
- Played critical role in establishing Best practices for tableau reporting by conduct meeting with the clients for gathering reporting requirements; identify the KPI's and developing POC Dashboards.
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both Tableau and excel.
- Connected Tableau server with SharePoint portal and setup auto refresh. Worked closely with the ETL Team to automate the Data load process, create required aggregate tables, indexing and table partitioning for performance optimization of Reports.
- Developed complex reports in Business Objects using multiple data providers.
- Created graphical representation of Web reports such as bar charts, pie charts etc.
- Implemented extensive use of derived tables in the process of building reports.
- Effectively used data blending feature in Tableau to integrate different database tables. Designed and developed various analytic reports /dashboards using Tableau.
- Developed Complex dashboards and used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Water Fall charts, Axis, Bullet Graphs, Bubble Charts, etc. to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Built Complex Reports using advanced reporting functions like with YTD calculations, MTD calculations, percentage differences, sets and groups etc. in Tableau.
- Built Excel, Qlik View and Domo reports in Tableau.
- Developed and Documented technical architecture, system design, performance test results and other technical aspects of the implementation.
- Resolved various performance issues and analyzed the best process distribution for different projects.
- Assisted power users in Tableau dashboard development.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server), BO, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, Adobe Analytics, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Tableau Report Developer
- Actively involved in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau. Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards, scorecards and created proof of concept / prototype the same using Tableau desktop.
- Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using Tableau desktop.
- Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Developed of key indicators and the appropriate tracking reports with graphical and written summations using summary and Annotations to assist in the quality improvement initiatives.
- Created quick Filters, customized Calculations, Conditional formatting for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Worked on data blending and linking in case of merging different sources.
- Created a dual-axis chart with multiple measures and Synchronize the scale as per the need.
- Performed Tableau type conversion functions when connected to relational data sources.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Created Global Prompts, Narrative Views, Charts, Pivot Tables, Compound layouts to design the dashboards.
- Publish the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishing or extracted to server.
- Use MS Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point to process data, create reports, analyze metrics, implement verification procedures, and fulfill client requests for information.
- Involved in testing the database using complex SQL scripts and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Involved in Onsite & Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables.
Environment: Tableau Server 8.x, 9.x, Tableau Desktop 8.x, 9.1, Teradata 12, SQL Server 2008, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Informatica Power Center, SQL Server 2008, Control-M
System Data Analyst
- Requirement gathering for various users, interviewing them, and satisfying their exact needs.
- Involved in the completeLife cycle of the Project and in thedata analysis process
- Gather the various requirement matrices from the business analysts.
- Assisted the DBA in converting the logical models to physical.
- Designs for the various reporting requirements.
- Conduct Design reviews with the business analysts, content developers and DBAs to ensure the feasibility of the designs.
- Used Erwin for developing data model and forward engineer the data model.
- Reverse engineered the database in to physical data model by using Erwin.
- Developed data mapping documents between legacy, production and user interface systems.
- Creating the table targets and created and modified of Attributes, Facts, Metrics, Filters and other report objects.
- Active Participation in checking the data at database level and at SSRS level in case of displaying wrong data.
- Tested all the business application rules with test & live data and automated.
- Involved in testing and fixing bugs on test and On-line data.
- Worked with the Implementation team to ensure a smooth transition from the design to the implementation phase.
Environment: Power Designer, PL/SQL, Oracle9i, TOAD, UML, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
ConfidentialJR. BI Developer
- Involved in Web Interface Development using HTML, DHTML and ASP.NET.
- Designed DDL and DML for MS SQL Server
- Created and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, and Indexes.
- Involved in writing SQL batch scripts.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to diverse group of users.
- Developed ad-hoc reports using Report Builder.
- Developed Report Model so that the end users can create their own reports using Report Builder.
- Developed various kinds of interactive reports like Drill Down reports, Aggregate reports, reports containing parameters and groups. Also, developed Matrix, Chart and Graph reports.
- Published reports in PDF, Excel, CSV formats.
- Scheduled reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Created and monitored the jobs to perform tasks such as Database cleansing, backups, data loading. Scheduled and maintained routine jobs, tasks and alerts.
- Worked on Application documentation and ER Diagrams.
- Involved in building and deploying applications.
- Involved in Unit testing of the database objects created.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows Server 2003R2/2008/2008R2, .NET, Enterprise Manager, SQL Query Analyzer, SSIS, SSRS.