- A Technical Leader, Principal Architect, & Data Scientist with a stellar track record as a visionary grounded with an applied mathematics foundation, capable to engage all levels of the corporation in best practices & analytic strategies designed to lead comprehensive, fully integrated, predictive and cognitive information solutions.
- Big Data and Advanced Analytics (BDA)
- Cloud Deployments & Internet of Things Applications (IoT)
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- Data Warehousing (DW), MDM, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall, RAD, CMM, CRISP - DM (PM)
Big Data: AWS, GCP, Confidential, Apache Hadoop, MapR, Hortonworks, Cloudera, DataStax
Analytics: Watson, GCP, SPSS, R, Python, Spark, Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau, MS Power BI
Integration: Information Server, Talend, Informatica, AnalytiX DS
Cloud: AWS, Google, Azure, Confidential Softlayer, Rackspace, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
ERP: SAP, Confidential, Oracle, Infor
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, R, Python, Perl, Unix Shell
PROFESSIONAL AND BUSINESS EXPERIENCE:
Founding Partner, Data Scientist & Architect
- Program Manager for multiple teams (on & offshore) as well as Lead Architect to develop advanced analytics on the cloud (GCP) for improving business insights and customer behavior from both structured & unstructured data.
- Program Lead, created a Data Lake on AWS combining SAP, Oracle Financials, and thousands of engineering documents for improving value & insight on construction costs. Roles Sr. Big Data Architect & PM.
- Created an advanced analytics application combining Computer Vision, Advanced Analytics (Bayes, Deep Learning, Biometrics) and Sabermetrics (Statistics) to predict team and player performance using streaming video. (Patents Pending).
- Created a BDA solution using Confidential Watson and HP Vertica for analyzing social data to improve marketing.
- Big Data Platforms (AWS, Google, Sqoop, Hive, Apache Hadoop Ecosystem, HP Vertica, and Confidential BigInsights)
- Advanced Analytics ( Confidential SPSS, GCP, Confidential Watson, SAS, R, Python, C++ & OpenCV)
Director, Sr. Data Scientist, Sr. Solutions Architect Big Data
- Led the analysis, design and pilot for a large financial data lake, scheduled for full development 06/2017.
- Managed & architected a Pilot/POC for Confidential ’s Healthcare Analytics Gateway product. Proved that using patterns found in data models can save more than 50% of the work effort using generative programs.
- Managed the team effort, designed, and developed an advanced data application for a Major Insurance Provider using Confidential ’s Unified Data Model and Confidential Information Server product suite.
- Published a Confidential White Paper defining “The Role of Data Lakes in Healthcare” and was given a Thought Leadership Award for my efforts.
Business/Technology: Confidential Unified Data Model, Confidential Data Architect, Confidential Information Server, AnalytiX DS, Talend, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Spark, Confidential Watson Health Core, AWS S3, EMR, EC2, Redshift, Lambda, CloudWatch, Presto.
Practice Director, Big Data Scientist
- Global Practice Leader for Big Data & Adv. Analytics, managing multiple teams both onshore & offshore.
- Architected solutions delivery and business processes for Big Data & Adv. Analytics.
- Managed, budgeted and oversaw numerous customer solutions for Big Data & Adv. Analytics.
- Established partnerships and brokered deals with key vendors for supporting their Big Data & Adv. Analytics customers and products.
- Expanded our Big Data & Adv. Analytics solution for Healthcare to include the Confidential product suite: Confidential SPSS, BigInsights, Cognos, Optim, SAP Hana and Watson for Healthcare.
- Built out a solution offering to customers for HIPAA/PHI Certification.
Business/Technology: AWS, Apache Hadoop Ecosystem, Confidential, MS, Cloudera, and MapR, Advanced Analytics ( Confidential SPSS, Confidential Watson, Alteryx, and R)
- Headed up the effort to evaluate, test, and tune Confidential ’s ETL systems (16 servers with over 19000 DataStage jobs). Advised design changes that increased system performance by 200%.
- Provided guidance and advice on constructing new “social marketing” systems using Twitter and Big Data analytics.
- Provided guidance and advice on constructing new POS (Point of Sales) solutions in the Cloud using Open Source systems.
Business/Technology: ETL Platforms ( Confidential InfoSphere Information Server, Confidential AIX Servers, Teradata)
Services Sales Leader, Sales Engineer, and Principal Technical Architect
- As a Principal Technical Architect responsible for designing, developing and managing enterprise BI/DW/ETL strategies for key customers to deliver enterprise integrated solutions.
- As Services Sales Leader responsible for the Confidential Professional Services sales in the Pacific region, leading Confidential Professional Service sales and sales technical support for Confidential software & hardware engagements. Drove services deals for over $20M/Q that included business intelligence & analytics, MDM (master data management), data integration, data warehousing, and Big Data architectures.
Business/Technology: InfoSphere Information Server, Confidential DB2, Confidential Netezza, Confidential WebSphere, Teradata, and SAP
Sr. IT Leader, Director
- As the Technical Leader I led, planned, designed and managed the enterprise integration effort for Confidential ’s Grid solution at a major medical & pharmaceutical information provider.
- This project involved managing more than 80 people divided into three team to deliver critical medical & pharmaceutical data for over eighty different products and more than two hundred global clients using Confidential Grid architecture.
- Responsibilities included HR, budgeting, forecasting, project management and technical leaderships.
Business/Technology: InfoSphere Information Server, Oracle, and Confidential Grid
Director, Solutions Architect
- Developed and managed enterprise business intelligence strategies for Confidential working with key customers and partners to delivers integrated solutions that empower knowledge workers to access data from existing production databases and applications across the enterprise.
- Responsibilities included both technical architect & program management for the full development life cycle.
Business/Technology: MS SQL Server, Cognos, DELL
Director, DW/BI Architect
- Directed three teams, forty plus individuals, to deliver strategic business analytics and critical business information for a $5-billion distribution / office supply company.
- My responsibilities included all management aspects for team leadership including HR, planning, corporate strategy, budget and forecasting, providing critical business direction for company as well as multiple departments and business users.
Business/Technology: Oracle, Cognos, Brio, Ab Initio