A global IT executive with extensive experience leveraging IT in manufacturing, distribution, wholesale, retail, technology services and nonprofit. Providing strategic vision for technology evaluation, implementation and management of current and future IT systems. Directing technology product development and delivery, enterprise application implementation and support, infrastructure, operations and global field support. Expertise in building relationships with business partners, collaborating and inspiring cross functional teams. Track record of reaching goals, controlling cost and improving efficiency. Respected for being the lead innovator, evangelist, operator and guardian of all technology - based services.
Division Manager Information Technology / CIO
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
- Redesigned the IT department to help the company thrive in the future through charting technology strategic plan and roadmap, building capable teams and developing employees.
- Delivered enhanced infrastructure, system development capability and support structure.
- A member of the executive team in strategic and operational decision making and an adviser on technology.
- Led a team of 50 staff and contractors through 6 direct reports.
- Managed software development, network operations, IT service management (ITSM), DevOps, PMO, data management & analytics, enterprise architecture and security operations.
- Created and ran the IT Steering Committee to understand business objectives, collaborate on customer requirements and business needs, resolve conflicts, prioritize projects and communicate IT plan and roadmap.
- Established PMO to lead the development, execution and adoption of standards, methodologies, tools, and best practices for project management and portfolio governance. Introduced benchmarks and measurements to drive consistency and transparency on financials, IT performance, resource utilization and project status.
- Acted as a business liaison for improved communication on business requirement and issue resolution. Traveled internationally to promote new technologies and approaches by running workshops, programs, managing committees and presenting at events to drive organizational understanding and alignment.
- Improved IT service level by introducing new processes including an agile scrum application development process (SDLC), a Kanban based process for IT service management for continuous improvement and systems performance monitoring. Built an India software development team for improved project delivery. Operated IT as a service function to be competitive in commercial terms.
- Improved reliability and scalability of ICT infrastructure supporting web, mobile, ERP and AMS through virtualization and cloud migration.
- Improved product distribution efficiency 30% with the first year cost savings of $200K by introducing a shared service model for distribution utilizing vendors with streamlined IT support.
- Collaborated and Implemented regular PCI, IT financial and operating risk auditing and remediation processes with Finance, internal and external auditors and Legal.
- Directed projects to enhance network infrastructure security by installing and upgrading firewall, intrusion detection system and mobile device management. Managed security vendors to maintain service level.
- Implemented disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Developed, Implemented and operationalized a large scale and revenue management web application for 1.4M members globally for improved customer experience.
- Implemented productivity improvement solutions such as document management, enterprise content management, knowledge bases, a learning management system and a cloud based translation solution for 13 official languages.
- Incorporated CRM into the and donation management systems for improved customer and client services.
- Integrated SAP BPC system for efficient financial planning, consolidation and reporting.
- Evaluated and implemented multiple e-commerce solutions for improved user experience, targeted marketing and order management.
- Developed data management, analytic and visualization plans including big data and predictive analysis.
- Delivered comprehensive KPI business intelligence dashboards to all stakeholders for data driven decision making.
- Implemented a three year technology roadmap for integration of SaaS and 3rd party systems utilizing Azure for improved web and mobile project delivery. Defined user interface standard for an Omni-Channel user experience across web, ecommerce, mobile, and integration with core systems.
- Reduced digital product time to market 30% by building a cross functional team with partners utilizing contracted services.
- Implemented a new digital marketing management solution utilizing Eloqua and integration for data analysis for improved marketing effectiveness.
- Digitized traditional processes with data integration and processing automation for legacy modernization and Confidential .
Department Manager Information Systems / Director
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
- Improved IT operations by implementing IT processes and best practices, reorganizing IT for better business alignment and introducing new technologies.
- Managed software development and maintenance, network, helpdesk, ERP and AMS.
- Improved business processing efficiency and reduced operational cost 30% by working with business to redesign multiple business processes and consolidating their supporting systems into one.
- Implemented the ITIL standards of change control and software release management for improved reliability and control. Started a new quality assurance team for improved project quality. Consolidated and standardized service request and problem management for single point of contact. Introduced ITSM tools
- Increased customer service level 20% by creating a dedicated Member Service Center.
Director Enterprise Applications
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Improved the current operations and project delivery. Introduced policy, procedures and best practices.
- Managed enterprise architecture, project management, software development and DevOps.
- Successfully stabilized and deployed the critical e-commerce quote and rental order management system to ensure 75% of the revenue generation
- Reduced labor cost by 25% through implementing the Kronos labor management system in 600 sites.
Director Corporate Information Systems
Confidential, Des Plaines, IL
- Led teams to support multiple operating companies. Created IT strategy and plan, managed application development, ERP, system integration, network infrastructure and capital budget and expense.
- Implemented and upgraded multiple ERP systems to support Mergers and Acquisitions in manufacturing, wholesale and distribution.
- Reduced global sourcing cost by 21% by implementing a SAS Spending management system.
- Collaborated with suppliers in China on system integration for better tracking of merchandise.
- Managed the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by coordinating across IT, business and internal auditors. Defined processes and SOX control objectives. Worked with external auditors on continuous improvements.
Director e-Business & Emerging Technology
Confidential, Des Plaines, IL
- Built the e-business function for the brick and mortar company supporting both B2B and B2C.
- Implemented a new WMS with RFID support for key retailers.
- Developed and deployed the $2.1M customer SFA order management system.
- Managed M&A integration of 3 divisional ERP systems into the enterprise resources planning system with revenue over $200M.