- Accomplished, top performing Business Analyst with progressive experience across a broad range of diverse brokerage investment/investment management/financial services industry segments and a 100% success rate in delivering complex regulatory and discretionary projects in the combined back - end/distributed/front-end environments.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, business systems analysis, project management, production support and training of staff as well as in liaising between business and IT development teams. Bringing strong background in eliciting requirements and effectively able to translate/interpret business needs into system/functional and technical requirements.
SENIOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Collaborated with key business and technology stakeholders on product development and enhancements.
- Worked with business teams to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to technology applications.
- Liaised between business/business end-users and Information Technology (IT) to document business solutions and business needs for IT management and IT development.
- Interfaced with IT developers to ensure requirements were met.
- Performed mapping of requirements, defined scope of projects as well as subsystems elements involved.
- Diagramed business processes (workflow diagrams) and system workflows, process flows, modules' flows.
- Created a multiple of System Flows, Sub-system flows, Process flows, Program flows, diagrams and flowcharts (VISIO, Becubic, Snagit) for a wide range of FBSI Order Management processes.
- Created business process flows, system flows and the respective design/demo descriptions to use in immediate management ‘s presentations for senior management.
- Worked across the interfacing systems and subsystems to ensure smooth flawless "handshakes" with the owned Order Management system (OMS).
- Managed scope of the project and requirements throughout the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or Project Life Cycle.
- Specially requested by business partners as well as by other divisions’ project managers and development managers to perform high-priority analysis for their regulatory and discretionary projects.
- Being a major contributor performed and managed requirements gathering, specifications creation and issues resolution for multiple areas within the Core Order Management and Trade Processing (see in the following bulleted below list, additional documentation details), as well as within interfacing areas.
- Analyzed, documented and delivered Mutual Funds (MF) Edits inventory documentation for Fidelity Investments Mutual Funds Server.
- Participated in design, analyzed, created process flows, documented and maintained documentation for Fidelity Inbound Traffic System (FITS). The system captures parses, logs and matches incoming FIX messages from external connections (marketplaces or external clients).
- Created process flows and documented FIX sell side order processing, FIX sell side Notice of Execution (NOE) processing, FIX buy side trade processing and FIX Equity (Equities)/Single-leg option buy side execution/report/admin/matching.
- Analyzed, documented and delivered Global ID Markets Dollarized International Trading (Latin America Equity Markets and FX: Brazil, Chile, Peru; Asia Equity Markets and FX: South Korea, Taiwan, China) business solution to bring Fidelity’s handling of ID Market transactions into compliance with local exchanges.
- Analyzed, documented and managed delivery of award winning Capital Markets’ Corporate Actions Portal.
- Analyzed and documented, for multiple processes/channels/projects, system integration between front-end systems (confidencial , Advisor Channel Workstation for Capital Markets’ Algorithmic trading system, Strategy Server) - AC.com), and back-end systems (the information is received in XML format and parsed through API, known as MAUI (Multi Platform Access Utilities and Interface) to load it into communication area for use by the back-end system).
- Analyzed, documented and delivered Basic Equity (Equities) Fidelity Cash Management Account Order Edits Inventory for Cloud Based Customized Solution, interfacing (via UI servers) with Margin - Account restrictions, Margin - Buying Power, Product Master, etc.
- Designed and lead capture of granular timestamp to store and report (as the part of business intelligence - the milliseconds granularity for the Consolidated Audit Trail, CAT - Security Exchange Act Rule 613).
- Documented requirements, created specifications and managed issues resolution for multiple areas within the Core Order Management, Trade Processing and such interfacing areas as P&S - Purchase and Sales, TLA - Tax Lot Accounting, Corporate Actions, Mutual Funds, Alerts and through P&S - Money Movement, Margin, Confirms, Tax Reporting, Product Database), while engaged in initiatives such as Cost Basis Legislation (CBL), Cloud Based Customized Solution (Greenfield) for Order Processing Fidelity Cash Management Account, Options Symbology Conversion (including about 100 screens to redesign), Wealth Management trade reporting for Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), Stock Option Purchases (SOP) Disbursement Elections (including screens redesign) with such possible proceed disbursement choices as check, EFT, Bank wire (multi-currency) and Fidelity Cash Management Account; International Trading including FX (Foreign currency exchange feature), NASDAQ Symbology, Dividend/Capital Gain Instructions, Capture of Granular Timestamp (the milliseconds granularity for the Consolidated Audit Trail, CAT - Security Exchange Act Rule 613).
- Designed and created new process flow documents for Risk Management (Data Capture, Order Manager, Order Query, Activity Blotter). The orders pass through various channels including Compliance and Control until they ultimately sent out to executing agent and executions are returned.
- Created and documented process flow documents for such regulatory reporting processes as OATS (Order Audit Trail System) – daily regulatory reporting to NASDAQ, OTS (Order Tracking System) – regulatory reporting to New York Stock Exchange, and ACT (Automated Confirmation Transaction) – reports with the current status of the trade.
- Provided guidance, training and technical leadership while managing individuals and small teams of outsourced (India) development and analysts (on-shore contractors).
- Created batch operation procedures manuals for off-shore team (India) to implement GTC Open Order Compare Reporting (Open Order Reconciliation between Fidelity and Exchanges/Executing Venues).
- Performed extensive research of subsystems on management’s requests.
- Researched existing processes (including software) to locate potential causes of existing flaws/issues.
- Worked with database administrators to implement database model changes.
- Performed non-routine work assignments.
- Prioritized and identified cross application/system enhancements, documented business needs, performed systems sources analysis, determined development impacts to current system processing, and worked with business, programmers and end users to ensure accuracy of enhancements.
- Worked across technology teams to identify and resolve upstream and downstream system impacts, gaps in requirements, inconsistencies or conflicts.
- Acted as subject matter expert to support and enable the design, deployment and delivery of technical solutions.
- Performed technical analysis for back-end development and provided technical documentation that included specifications, approaches, solutions.
- Created back-end screen designs and mock-ups as well as documented specs for development modifications.
- On multiple projects, also performed the role of Technical Analyst for Order Management back end, wrote TSD (Technical System Design)/technical specifications and worked with development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Worked closely with developers to resolve outstanding requirements and design issues as well as participated in development of detail test plans, including UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and Regression testing.
- Worked with business, product groups, end users, functional leads, and IT SME developers to develop test cases / test scripts for UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST / CONSULTANT
- Executed analysis on multiple FBSI Order Management Subsystems – overviews, process diagrams, process descriptions;
- Performed Order Management System (OMS) Analysis for Private Label Self-Clearing (PLSC) Project that provided a platform for institutional clients to use Fidelity Investments’ applications to perform self-clearing operations;
- Converted business requirements into system requirements and technical specifications (back end) for Private Label Self-Clearing (PLSC) Project within FBSI Order Management Subsystems;
- Created Process Flow documents for multiple subsystems: Books and Records Database; Fidelity Inbound Traffic System (sell side orders, buy side executions, IPO orders, regulatory reporting messages), Risk Management (Risk Management DB, Order Manager, Order Query, Activity Blotter), MLO (Multi-Leg Orders Processing), Books and Records Brokerage Exchange, Trade Management, Retail Web Order Entry, Active Trader Pro, FIFO Market Connections, TRACE (Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine), ACT (Automated Confirmation Transaction);
- Delivered multiple VISIO diagrams and flowcharts for a wide range of Fidelity Brokerage System Order Management processes;
- Performed GTC (Good ‘Til Canceled) Open Order Reconciliation Batch Analysis;
- Produced OATS (Order Audit Trail System)/OTS (Order Tracking System) Batch Processing Documentation;
- Developed SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for Batch Analysis for Team India;
- Designed and delivered Consolidated Order Processing (COP) User Interface Document;
- Documented Editing Rules for COP User Interface Document;
- Documented “meeting minutes” for the Consolidated Order Processing project meetings;
- Performed Analysis and wrote TSD (Technical System Design/Technical Specification Document) for Principal Trade Entry (PTRT), Correspondent Agency Trade Entry (BTRT), Complex Options Order Execution Entry (ORPT), Private Label Self-Clearing (PLSC) and Consolidated Order Processing (COP).
- Performed Analysis and produced Consolidated Model Documentation and Data Normalization for Books and Records Database.
APPLICATION ARCHITECT / TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
- Medco Health Solutions was an confidencial company, which served 65 million people. Confidencial o provided pharmacy services for private and public employers, health plans, labor unions,
- Designed, Developed, and successfully implemented various projects, involving a broad range of applications and functions across multiple regions for Merck-Medco IT;
- Generated screens, coded and tested new, as well as modified existing CICS/DB2/COBOLII modules to prioritize interchanges of multifunctional opportunities for Managed Care interventions using DB2 tables, as well as VSAM files, and to identify candidates for switching from non-preferred to preferred drugs, etc.;
- Developed and successfully implemented a variety of Stored Procedures (SPAS – Stored Procedures Address Space, then WLM – Work Load Manager) with both Predefined and Dynamic Global Temporary Tables including calls to confidencial Utility in order to access CICS modules;
- Created and successfully implemented modules utilizing MQ (MQ Series);
- Participated in the conversion process of CICS BMS maps into HTML format in order to make them accessible from the web utilizing the CICS 3270 Web Bridge/HTML Interface technology;
- Debugged, tested and tuned applications in multiple CICS regions using XPEDITER, File-Aid, File-Aid for DB2, MVS Utilities, etc.;
- Created a variety of PROC’s and JCL’s for critical processes;
- Created project life cycle documentation such as Functional Specifications, Technical System Design (TSD), Test Plans for various projects;
- Was responsible for technical quality of implemented products and compliance with SDLC, CMI/CMM standards/requirements and related SOP’s;
- Provided technical analysis for users’ Business/Functional Requirements;
- Determined Level of Efforts (LOE) and developed Statement of Work (SOW), examined the code during the code review meetings, supplied QG forms to the Client and Upper Management for QA and UAT approvals;
- Planned and managed project implementation activities including coordination of Monthly Releases for the Managed Care Operations;
- Participated in re-design of entire Managed Care Operations System to provide HIPAA compliance;
- Developed, executed, coordinated MS Project plans, tasks, and milestones; monitored progress, project issues and risks; ensured that IT projects remained on schedule;
- Performed business systems analysis and technical analysis to keep projects moving forward;
- Organized and conducted meetings with users in order to gather requirements information;
- Monitored project resource usage to limit project resource scheduling conflicts across multiple projects;
- Provided project status updates to IT management, project sponsors, business process owners, stakeholders andcombined status reports for upper management;
- Implemented management processes to identify, report and monitor project issues and risks;
- Produced “meeting minutes” for meetings conducted;
- Interfaced with users, business partners and other groups, such as: Eligibility, Retail Claims System, Drug Utilization Review (DUR), Auto-Fax Group, etc.;
- Worked with business team to analyze business needs and to review requirements/specifications for any new/change to technology applications.
- Collaborated with key technology stakeholders on product development and enhancements.
PROGRAMMER/ SENIOR PROGRAMMER / ANALYST / CONSULTANT
- Worked in the role of QA tester as well as participated in Development, System Testing, Integration Testing, enhancement and modification of Sales Account Assignment and Results Tracking (SAART) system, which tracked over 30 million customers. This Telecommunications system took data on business from all national and international billers, created customer identifiers, monitored results, assigned customers to sales account executives and fed compensation system.
- Performed extensive QA System Testing of major processes of SAART system including the creation of all test cases based on business requirements, as well as execution of test scripts;
- Generated screens, coded and debugged DB2, CICS, COBOLII, EasyTrieve and Teradata programs to identify new customers using complex name and address search and match logic to provide tracking of new types of revenue;
- Coded Production JCL’s and PROC’s for major reports;
- Converted online and batch modules to process data from DB2 database instead of VSAM files;
- Performed DB2 and Teradata tables handling including loading, unloading (load / unload utilities) and updating;
- Conducted walkthrough’s after testing of each process of the system;
- Provided Production support and problem resolution, as necessary.