- 11+ years of IT experience in development, consulting and management.
- More than 6 years of experience in onsite (US & Spain) in managing projects and offshore & onshore teams.
- Worked with various clients such as Confidential, Confidential, Confidential etc.
- Started as a Software Engineer and promoted to Technology Analyst/Lead and then to Technology Lead.
- Experience in all phases of software development cycle following various methodologies such as waterfall & agile/scrum.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Business Works Certified
- Extensive problem solving and decision making skills with solid understanding of business needs and able to adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent ability to articulate well with clients along with interpersonal, intuitive, technical and leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in SAP XI, TIBCO suite of products, such as Business - Works, iProcess Business Connect, EMS, Adapter for Active Database, File, Administrator and Hawk, REST API, SQL and PL/SQL.
TIBCO Products: Business Works, EMS, RV, Administrator, Hawk, iProcess, ActiveMatrix SPM, Business Connect, REST API plugin, Adapters (Database, File, SAP R/3)
Languages/Web Services: Java, HTML, XML, WSDL, REST/SOAP API
Databases: MS SQL Server 2003/2005, Oracle 10g, Microsoft Access
Other Applications: SAP XI, MS Office Suite, Visio, VSS, JIRA, TFS, Team Concert, Clearcase, TOAD, XML Spy, LucidCharts, Cacoo, Servicenow etcPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Worked on setting up the environments for building new EMS-based application that integrates Cash Delivery and ADS systems.
- Develop the required interface and perform unit test.
- Work with external teams to coordinate the build and testing activities.
- Setup deployment scripts and work with Release Manager to deploy the application to all the environments.
- Participate in all the scrum ceremonies.
- Provide support for testing.
- Providing technical guidance to other members in the team.
- Worked on providing Personalized Insurance Proposal to customers to enable agents to act as a trusted advisor to their customers. Project was rolled out across the country in phases utilizing waterfall Methodology. The initial step to this was a market test which was rolled out successfully to a few states. TIBCO BW is the integration layer in this solution
- Work with multiple teams to co-ordinate the work, meet with Business partners to gather the requirements. Estimate the effort for the team and prepare high level designs.
- Co-ordinate with external team members and ensure that all dependencies are taken care of during each phase of the project
- Developed web services in SOAP over HTTP to create the proposals and also to send them to the customers in an email.
- Developed web service using REST API plugin to retrieve the proposals.
- Used enterprise framework for Lookups, Logging and Error Handling
- Work with offshore teams to delegate the work.
- Communicate and report to clients & management after each successful deployment.
- Provide consultation to team members on issues and road blocks.
- Worked on building and supporting a system created to manage all of its agencies and their day to day tasks. This required integration with multiple systems within Allstate to gather the customer’s interactions or claims and display it in the agent’s UI page. This project was implemented using Waterfall methodology.
- TIBCO BW was used as the integration layer.
- Worked with the different integration partners to identify the existing work flows and understand how each of their applications can be leveraged to ensure that the data flows into the Confidential .
- Designed and Developed JMS based applications to subscribe to agent’s interactions and customer’s claim details. Different filters were setup to transform the message to the format need by the Agency system.
- Set-up schedulers to trigger the jobs at a pre-defined time. Utilized the enterprise framework for this
- Setup hawk rules to monitor the CPU and memory utilization.
- Used enterprise framework for Lookups, translations, Logging and Error Handling
- Conducted meetings with onsite and offshore teams to understand their daily progress.
- Helped the team members to overcome any roadblocks and provide technical support as and when needed.
TIBCO Technical Lead
- Acted as a technical lead to manage the migration of applications during a server migration activity. The TIBCO platform was migrated from UNIX to Linux which required all the applications to be migrated to the new servers. This also required migrating firewalls, load balancers, users etc.
- Conducted daily standup meetings with the application owners to define the migration plan.
- Worked with firewall and network teams to ensure that the required firewall rules as well as Load balancers are set up correctly and functioning properly.
- Created Change Orders and assign it to the specific contacts. Walked them through the steps required and defined dependencies
- Created job aids as required.
- Analyze the challenges faced during the migration activity and determine steps to ensure that they are taken care of for the successive releases.
- Communicate with the external clients, business partners on the potential impacts.
- Worked as the DR coordinator for an integration team which owns more than 300 applications in TIBCO BW and BE.
- Worked with the platform teams and architects to understand the impact of the exercise and identified precautions needed to be taken to ensure minimal downtime.
- Conducted meetings with the application teams to assign tasks and identify dependencies. Documented the dependencies in the DR plan.
- Communicated with the business partners and external clients about the activities and created awareness
- Collected validation reports from each application contacts and communicated it to the required teams.
- A transformational program to redefine Customer Sales and Service. As part of this program, Allstate was looking to capitalize on business opportunities and mitigate potential risks. The processing to recognize these business events and guide work through a series of automated and manual steps is being implemented with TIBCO Business Events and TIBCO iProcess.
- Deliver high quality services in Infrastructure Management, Build and Support.
- Build SOA and BPM Platform for development, test and production environments andprovide 24x7 support (Level 2 and Level 3) for all environments
- Worked with TIBCO support to find root cause of issues, request for fixes.
- Evaluate the hotfixes in lower environment before migrating them to production.
- Worked with offshore team to hand over work between shifts, create job aids, hand-shake documents etc.
- Create hawk rules to monitor the environment.
- Worked with Unix team to procure the required servers, determine capacity
- Worked on migration/integration of applications between technologies. Redesigned and re-engineered code to meet new requirements.
- Created test plans & schedules.
- Deployed applications and provided support in production environment.
- Mentored other members in team on Middleware technologies.
- Performed Incident, Change and Release management.
- Created knowledge Wiki for sharing Business knowledge.
- Created multiple Job aids and help tools to run business smoothly.
- Coordinated with offshore team for ensuring timely delivery with quality results.
- Worked with software vendor to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Review tasks completed, scripts developed etc by peers.
- Created projects to integrate with multiple systems using TIBCO BW
- Created web services using HTTP transport
- Created test plans and performed unit testing
- Deployed applications and provided support in Production environment.
- Monitored applications, debugged issues and root-cause analysis
- Used standard framework for Logging and Error Handling