- Experienced IT professional with over 8 years of expertise in the field of Linux administration, AWS Cloud, Configuration management and Build and release management.
- Amazon web services certified Developer Associate.
- Good experience and in - depth understanding on DevOps Environment working with various tools and technologies/applications like AWS Cloud, SVN, GIT, Ansible, Chef, Docker, ANT, Maven, puppet and Jenkins.
- Managed and deployed source code from one environment to other using version controlling tools like GIT and SVN.
- Hands on experience in Branching, tagging, and maintaining the version across various environments using Source code management tools Git and SVN on Linux and Windows.
- Experience in using GIT to keep track of changes made on Source code.
- Excellent exposure on Provisioning Systems, Automated Build Platforms.
- Experience in Monitoring resources, such as Amazon DB Services, CPU Memory, EBS volumes.
- Experience in Monitoring logs for better understanding the functioning of the system.
- Hands on experience in creating roles, users, groups and Implement MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources using IAM.
- Highly skilled in data security, deployment and troubleshooting the applications using AWS.
- Experienced in deploying Cloud strategies and DevOps strategies in various operating system environments of windows and Linux instances.
- Worked with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) methodologies using Jenkins, Hudson.
- Proficient in controlling various AWS services through Bash scripting by installation of AWS Command Line Interface(CLI) on the instance.
- Highly skilled in Writing python scripts to automate Software Configuration process in Chef and Puppet.
- Experienced in writing Scheduled cron-jobs and complex SQL queries based on the requirement.
- Working experience with databases like MySQL Oracle and SQL-Server.
- Familiar with various Operating systems that include RedHat Linux, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Mac OS and windows.
- Proficient in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Automation, deployment and Integration of application Servers Apache-Tomcat, Web-Logic across Linux platforms.
AWS Services: EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling Groups, Glacier, EBS, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Formation/Terraform, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, IAM, SNS, SQS, ElastiCache, RedShift, EMR, Lambda
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Hudson
Orchestration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Automation Container: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch
Web Technologies: HTML5, CSS3, XML, JS/JQuery
Programming: C, C++, Python, MATLAB, SQL/PLSQL
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL-Server
Scripting: BASH/SHELL, Python
Network Services: TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS, NIS, NFS, SSH, DHCP
Operating Systems: RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, Mac OS and Windows
Development Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, PyCharm, Anaconda Dev-C++ and various IDE’s
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN
Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Nginx
Confidential, Dover, NH
Sr DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for architecting, designing, implementing and supporting of cloud-based infrastructure and its solutions.
- Implemented message notification service using Java Messaging API (JMS).
- Set up and built AWS infrastructure with various services available by writing cloud formation templates in json.
- Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
- Created S3 buckets in the AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static content for a web application.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them.
- Implemented Amazon RDS multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier.
- Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups and also implemented MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
- Used AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Created multiple VPC’s and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Used security groups, network ACL’s, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef.
- Written cloud formation templates in json to create custom VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, WebSphere and for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Written cron jobs to perform operations at a scheduled time.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Defined all server types in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production within 30 minutes OS installation.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Created CloudFront distributions to serve content from edge locations to users so as to minimize the load on the frontend servers.
- Configured AWS CLI and performed necessary actions on the AWS services using shell scripting.
- Implemented CloudTrail in order to capture the events related to API calls made to AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Implemented message notification service using Java Messaging API (JMS).
Environment & Tools: AWS, Linux, GIT, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Python, Ruby, Kubernetes, Jira.
DevOps and System Engineer
- Configured AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and users for improved secured Login authentication.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files and track metrics.
- Configured Linux environments in both public and private domains.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Created Highly Available Environments using Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers, and SQS.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto Scaling groups.
- Co-ordinated the execution of multiple computing devices with Amazon SWF.
- Configured S3 to host Static Web content.
- Developed Shell Scripts for automation.
- Automated Merging of branches as requested by developers.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets and EBS.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Experienced in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift.
- Ability to design application on AWS taking advantage of Disaster recovery.
- Encrypted data on server and client side.
- Worked on CI/CD tool Jenkins to automate the build process from version control tool into testing and production environment.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to build on demand EC2 instance formation.
- Created nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Configured and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Migrating applications from internal data center to AWS.
- Scaled distributed in-memory cache environment in the cloud using Elastic cache.
- Managed automated backups and created own backup snapshots when needed.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet manifests & modules for configuration management.
- Installed JIRA, and customized JIRA for workflow, user & group management.
- Supported and helped to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot Views for end users
- Deployed builds to production and work with the teams to identify and troubleshoot any issues.
- Configured and scheduled the scripts to automate the module installation in the environment.
- Applied redirection rules in Apache based on redirection conditions provided by developers.
- Experienced working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, machine, compose and Docker registry.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Troubleshooted Build and Deployment Issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Documented release metrics, software configuration process. Used Maven scripts to build the source code. Supported and helped to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment & Tools: AWS, Linux, GIT, SVN, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Python, Ruby, Java/J2EE, Jira.
- Hands-on experience on Install, configure, maintain and administer Linux System and monitor application performance and availability. Perform a variety of maintenance and end-user support to ensure that all workstations, servers and overall network performance meet the standards and requirements.
- Worked with GIT to manage source code repositories and performed branching, merging, and tagging depending on requirement.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Shell Scripting, Ruby and Python.
- Created VPC with public and private subnets, attached internet gateways and included routes into Route Tables for access to public subnets.
- Automation of AWS infrastructure (Cloud Formation, Puppet) along with cost-reduction analysis for cloud infrastructures and performing root-cause analysis for site outages.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-production where primary objectives included automation, build-out integration and cost-control.
- Automated build and deployment using Jenkins to reduce human error and speed up production processes.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer for automating, building, releasing and configuring changes from one environment to another environment
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins and DevOps based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed.
- Extensively worked on Docker components such as Docker engine, hub, machine and Docker registry.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deploy to Kubernetes.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, shell & Artifactory in Linux environment.
- Experience in installation and configuration management tools like puppet and Ansible on various servers.
- Used Chef for developing and designing automated deployment and scaling processes for various server types.
- Monitored developed applications and fixed bugs by integrating JIRA with GIT.
Environment & Tools: Linux, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Python, Ruby, Jira.
Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Experience with SaaS, IaaS Cloud and PaaS technologies.
- Deploying, planning, monitoring, and maintenance of amazon AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, Relational DB, Dynamo DB, Direct Connect, Api Gateway, SNS, Service Catalog SQS, EMR, IAM, Lambda) and virtual machines as required in the environment.
- Experienced in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon kinesis.
- Developed, deployed, and managed event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to be triggered in response to events on various AWS sources including logging, monitoring, security related events and to be invoked on scheduled basis to take backups.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using puppet.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Worked with RDS replication techniques like READ REPLICA.
- Deployed EC2 Instance, adding (EBS) block level storage volume to build the web-based home loans applications.
Environment & Tools: AWS, Linux, GIT, SVN, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Python, Ruby, Java/J2EE, Jira.
Linux System Administrator
- Assisting team members and maintaining a standard SLA with clients and company periodically.
- Created and maintained user's accounts, profiles, security, disk space and process monitoring on CentOS and RedHat Linux Environments.
- Setup and configure LAN and Firewall, configure Apache, HTTPS, DHCP remote access
- Configure DNS, NFS, FTP, remote access, and security management. Documented all setup procedures and System related Policies (SOP's)
- Experience in installing, upgrading, and configuring RedHat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Install Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Installation of SSH and configuring of keys base authentication
- Manage system routine backups, scheduling jobs, enabling cron jobs, enabling system loggings and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Performed basic system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewed system and application logs, and verified completion
- Provide technical support by troubleshooting Day-to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms.
- Perform RPM and YUM package installations, patching and server management.
- Management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing UNIX systems to match industry best practices
- Provided system administrative support for servers and workstations
- Performed backup/restore operations using tar, and gzip.
- Software and hardware upgrades and routine systems maintenance by installing current Patches and Packages. Administers VMware Infrastructure Client 3.5 and vSphere 5.5.
- Manage Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problems. Manage system routine backup, scheduling jobs and enabling cron jobs. Ability to communicate technical issues at a level that is easily comprehensible to a variety of audience
- Utilizing Netstat, Iostat and Vmstat for performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning, problem prevention, detection, and resolution.
- Install and configure Logical Volume Manager - LVM and RAID.
- Develop and Maintain documents, library and procedural documents of the system
- Installs, configures and supports Apache Tomcat on Linux production servers
- Creates, migrates Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5
- Resolve and troubleshoot problems through log files analysis (JVM logs)
- Maintaining stability and up to date application across the facility.
- Maintaining appropriate file-system security and monitoring status of process in order to increase system efficiency.
- Disk Management like adding, deleting, and replacing of hot swappable drives on existing servers, partitioning per requirement, creating new file systems.
- Assisted senior-level administrator in various aspects of Linux (RedHat) server administration including installing and maintaining the operating system software and production support.
Environment & Tools: Linux (RedHat Enterprise, CentOS), windows 2003, HP, IBM, Solaris, Oracle 8, SSH Gate, Cisco routers/switches, Dell 6400, 1250, Sun E450, E250.