- Strategic technology professional with 15 years of experience in blend of technical and business acumen delivering business objectives, technology solutions from idea to completion. Leveraging business intelligence experience across Health Care, telecom, medical device domains to provide innovative solutions including hardware, software, services and cloud offerings.Delivered technical and technology advisory, architected and implemented solutions that optimize data and analytics pipeline and extract value from BI and Analytics projects. Guided cross - functional teams in designing integrated enterprise data warehouse systems, ETL tools and Processes, databases and reporting tools. Architecting and implementing BI 3.0 concepts and methodologies in BI and Analytics projects.
- Privilege to work with well-known companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, real-estate, pharmaceutical, and healthcare and implemented multiple life cycle SAP/non-SAP projects and upgrades usingg SDLC process.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, HaaS and risk control frameworks and operation challenges, and gap analysis. Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) respect to cloud and non-cloud environments.
- Experience and exposure to the technologies including BIG DATA Stack(AZURE), SPARK, HDFS, HIVE, HBASE, NOSQL, SAP BW/BI, BPC 11, BW on HANA, HANA, DATA SERVICES, Data Stage, Business Objects, TABLEAU, QLIKVIEW, Machine Learning, R, Rattle, Python. Etc
- A Digital Transformation evangelist… Passion for technologies….
BIG Data Architect
- Involved in projects and acted as BIG Data lead implementing Data Lake Architecture(BI 3.0 Architecture), Big Data Analytics(HADOOP) and Modern Data warehouse applicationsKnowledge of Microsoft Azure platform, including Azure Machine Learning, Azure Data Lake, Streaming Analytics and HDInsight
- Design and Architect ETL Jobs to analyze and transform stored data in the Hadoop environment based on business requirement
- Design Hive tables and Spark applications in the Hadoop ecosystem for supply chain analytics
- Design and architect the data pipe lines to load the data from legacy relational and non-relational databases into Hadoop environment
- Designing the data pipelines to export data from on-premises to AZURE BIG data platform
- Hybrid Azure cloud roadmap which sourced SQL Server, MaxDB and Oracle data with Azure Data Factory into Azure Data Lake, and Self Service BI technologies
- Experience with big data and distributed computing technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Hive
- Designing the data models and transformations HIVE environment.
- Knowledge Machine Learning framework
- Work closely with development teams to ensure accurate integration of machine learning models into firm platforms
- Architected and design a data pipe lines for SQL and No-SQL DB, Architected data warehouse solution using HIVE, HBASE.
- No SQL data base designed for store and analyze user generated data and machine generated data
- Architected and implemented analytics and visualization components for supply chain data analysis platform to predict lead time
- End 2 End Supply Chain Visibility& BIG Data Analytics: Working with project stakeholders to identify and priorities business processes, rules, needs, drivers, expectations and preferences,architecting and designing the solutions for business requirements for end to end supply chain visibility using BIG Data platform(Hadoop Eco system), designing surveys, collecting and analyzing data using analytics(descriptive and predictive).
- Flu SKU Forecast &BIG Data Analytics:Demonstrate the modeling improvements of forecast accuracy for seasonal flu demand focus on certain Flu SKUs, utilizing external big data sources, distributor sales, and enterprise data for demand and sales. Implemented CRISP-DM analytics methodology
- Architect the predictive analytics to position the inventory in the respective geographic region. Compare forecast and actual sales for prior periods to evaluate the prediction accuracy.Deployed Big Data Stack for building forecast analytics.
- Emerging Technologies: Actively seek out new and emerging technology trends with particular focus on Analytics, Data Management, Internet of things, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive computing, and the Block chain related to data handling, computing and visualizations. Work with Stake holders from across the business segments to identify problems and opportunities, raise the awareness of the solutions which could be offered by new technology and co-ordinate design activities for proof of concepts to assess and validate technology viability. Frequently visit technology advisory and research companies like Gartner and forester sites to identify trends and new solutions.
- Automation: Architected and implemented batch job automation using atomic anywhere to collect and compare actual and expected batch job run times against SLAs and creating tickets and updating tickets in job monitor to draw conclusions.
- BIG Data(Hadoop Eco System): Demonstrate the capabilities of big data tools in support of BD’s projects for analytics and address business problems for certain business functions. Goal of this assignment was to help drive decisions around architecture and tools in support of a scalable generic BI platform and set of tools that BD can utilize to drive business outcomes using big data analytics.
- Architecture - Point of contact for the BI architecture. Partnered with Enterprise Architecture and Net Weaver administration teams to architect the next generation BI platforms. Presented several architectural options to Vice Presidents and Directors for Enterprise Analytics, IIOT, Automation, and Security. Familiar with TOGAF and Lambda architectures. Setting up the Data processing patterns / Data Processing Engines and involved in architectural discussions related to Data Lifecycle Management / Optimization. Played a critical role in choosing the BIG Data architecture (AZURE vs AWS) for the organizational needs.Familiar with TOGAF, LAMDA architectures frameworks and CRISP-DM data analytics methodology
- Technology Advisory & Vendor Evaluations - As a part of Next Gen BI platform core team, participated in Vendor evaluations to identify the service provider that address the business problems and organizational wide initiates (IOT, Automation…)
- Optimization - Designed and outlined the plan for application and system optimization for all the BI systems. As a part of this process reduce data foot print, application redesign, system clean up, and buffer optimization. This helped in migrating more data sources and consolidating regional BI systems.
- HANA migration & Implementation- Migration and implementation of BW on HANA and BPC on HANA. Implemented Hana optimized cubes, DSOs and other objects. Modeling the objects with LSA/LSA++ architecture. Developed BOBJ reports/Dashboards using Design Studio, WEBI, and Analysis Office.
- Automation & Analytics - Proposed automation of BI security to mitigate the risk, reduce time and effort to the stakeholders. Upon approval from the business and other IT stakeholders, design the information flows and mentor the developers to develop the objects across all the systems. This saved around 2000 hours of consulting work.
- Built security analytics on user security across all the systems. This help the audit team to track the security levels assigned to the users. Most often these reports helping not only internal audit but also for external audit.
- Upgrade – Played a key role in multi-year upgrade project to design and set the upgrade activities, mentor the developers on task level. Due to complexity of the project it was challenging to coordinate stake holders and business teams and able to overcome the challenges.
- Implementation – Involved in multiyear project implementation from requirement gathering to go-live including HR, PLM, FI, Supply Chain areas. Played a critical role in translate the business requirements into technical specifications, design, development, and testing the applications.
- Mentoring – Mentored many BI application designers and developers. This is ongoing process and currently managing 10 developers
- Business Warehouse Accelerator: Designing and management of BIA Indexes. Perform system assessment on the BWA installation and upgrade. Investigate and address BWA alerts. Working 3rd party managed services vendor to go through pre-install checks. Participated in quarterly meetings to review the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provide the authorization to vendor to perform the necessary actions. Point of contact for all BWA related activities.
- End-to-End architecture of a Delivery, including its assembly and integration into the IT architecture principles defined
BW on HANA Database Management
- Manage and participate in migration of BW 7.1 on Oracle 11g to BW 7.4 on HANA 1.0 SPS10. Provide support to the Project Manager with project planning, resource assignment, technical design, BW & HANA development, and track/report progress on development deliverables for HANA & BW team. Escalate critical issues/risks to leadership and upper management on weekly bases. Responds promptly to customer needs, Solicits customer feedback to improve service and meets commitments.
- Architecting, design, and development of mixed/hybrid scenarios
- Leveraging Semantically Partitioned object features, Loaded and managed mass data volume for several regions.
- Enhanced Loading performance by Pushing down ABAP routine Logic into SAP HANA DBand improved performance by 25%. Reduced loading time by 3 hours.
- Experience in designing and development of SAP BW 7.4 new features like Hybrid Providers, Composite Providers, Transient Providers, Semantic Partitioning Objects and HANA Optimized Cubes to simplify the data flows. Designed APD and reports for new extracts
- Implemented LSA++ architecture in the BW on HANA Landscape.
- Worked extensively on HANA modelling for BW Objects.
- Designed SAP BO Analysis for Office Reports for analytical reporting.
- Designed webi reports with complex formatting.
- Designed SAP BO design studio Dashboards for Sales and Procurement.
- Loaded data from legacy BW system into BW on HANA using BODS for history data.
- Migrated HANA content from development, testing environment to Production environment using Charm integrated LCM Process.
- BI Reporting –designed and developed Queries, Reports, Workbooks, Business Explorer Analyzer, Query Builder, Info Set Query, Web Reporting, RRI, Reporting Agent and Broadcaster.
- Defining and designing Key performance indicators(KPIs), Key Risk Indicators(KRIs), and key performance predictors (KPPs)
- Experienced with compression and partitioning, BW Upgrade and Performance Tuning in BI/BW, Net weaver 2004s environment and migration from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 and upgrading to 7.4. BW Report Design, Query Design, KPI Reporting, Testing, and Performance Tuning
- Evaluated statistical performance and suggested recommendations to basis support for optimization. Improved data load and query performance by doing data base tuning, ABAP Tuning, compression, aggregates, partitioning.
- Worked with the users to get the requirements, performed gap analysis, created functional, architectural designs, reviewed Data Modeling designs with functional team.
- Responsible in converting the functional requirements to technical designs
- Successfully developed complicated reports in SD, MM, PP, PS and FI/CO modules Developed custom function module extractors, used ABAP routines in transformations.
- Responsible for defining technical strategy and tactical plan for implementing data and information delivery solutions.
- Identify functional gaps and develop functional/Technical solutions for each based on understanding of ECC business processes and knowing the underlying functional tables and their BW Data Sources
- BW on HANA
- SAP BWA 7.2
- Big Data stack(AZURE and AWS)
- Machine learning
- SAP BW/BI
- BPC 11
- DATA SERVICES
- Data Stage
- Business Objects
Business Warehouse developer/Lead
- Full Life Cycle Implementation Projects. Assessed business requirements and defined technical specification documents for product life cycle management, MM, FICO, GTS. Leading the BW Implementation and BOBJ (BI 4.) Reporting integration
- Worked closely with the end users on a day-to-day basis for their reporting needs. Created Architecture documents for the BW implementations with the naming standards.
- Supporting users for their reporting needs in the different business areas of BD regions. Enhanced master (Customer, Material) data extractors to meet the new report requirements
- Architecting, Configuration and implementation of Human Resource modules including personal administration (PA), Organizational Management (OM), Bench Marking, Concurrent employment using SAP BI
- Designed BEx queries for HR Headcount and Turnover reporting. Reviewing the existing HR reports and calculations to work on re-designing them. Created cubes and DSO’s objects for petroleum business. Performed a system wide BEx query clean-up
- Architect, design, and development of GL-COPA reconciliation in SAP BI
- Designing the security system to enable automatic generation of profiles using table interface and user exists and analysis authorization
- Proposed automation of BI security to reduce the risk, time and effort to the stakeholders. Upon approval from the business and other IT stakeholders, design the information flows and mentor the developers to develop the objects across all the systems.
- Design and development of complex transformation start, end, expert transformation routines
- Designing, developing, configuring process chains, creating custom process types
- Developing program coding using internal program standards including best practices and performance tuning techniques
- Point of contact for Audit and compliance departments for BI perspective
SAP BI Consultant
- Implementation of customer relationship management (CRM) project for Confidential
- Installing CRM business content and enhancement to standard content objects
- Creating custom data sources with various delta mechanisms with respect to opportunity management/CRM Sales/Territory/ CRM Lead management/CRM marketing for implementation and support
- Writing complex transformation and update rules/ transfer rules routines
- Address product defects and using OSS notes to present solutions
- Overall architecture, design and configuration of BW solution
- Designing and configuring interfaces with legacy and other SAP systems with BW
- Designing and implementing complex data schedulers to leverage data loads
- Developed Customized cubes and extensively worked with the Logistic Cockpit tool for Logistics Applications.
- Worked in extractions, LO-Cock pit extraction using V3 update and Delta Queue (RSA7).
- Involved in creation of Generic data sources, infosources for data extraction, Transformation and loading from SAP R/3 system to SAP BW.
- Extensive experience on enhancing the data sources using user exits.
- Design and documented the objects for FICO and MM modules.
- Designing a controlling cube for analyzing planned and actual budget ( Approvals, Releases, Commitments, Incurrence) and to find the variance between plan and actual.
- Understanding the functional specifications and preparing the technical specifications.
- CTS strategy and system transports.
- Extensive experience on configuring transfer routines and update routines as per the user requirements.
- Configuration and experience on web application designer (WAD) and web reporting, iViews.
- Configuring the variable exits characteristics variables and formula variables in complex reporting.
- Performance tuning and optimization of the BW system (ST03N).
- Hierarchical Authorizations, user profiles, roles and access.
- Improved data load and query performance, info cube compression, aggregates.
- Master/transaction data testing. Production Support for the ongoing process.
Environment: BW 3.5 / 3.0, ECC 4.5B, Data Stage, Cognos