- Client Partner / Strategic Planning / Program & Portfolio Management / Solutions Development
- 17+ years of work experience, with 15 years in IT. Extensive experience interacting with executive and senior management as well as board of directors.
- Managed a team of 400 IT professionals, including 8 project managers and 5 delivery managers, several concurrent IT projects and over $45 Million in annual program budget in the US, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore and India.
- 13+ years of Global IT Program Management, Delivery & Portfolio Mgmt, Project Management, Enterprise Solutions Mgmt & ERP Implementation (Oracle Applications and SAP) on - Global Finance, Global HR / HCM & BW / BI (Global Business Intelligence), Global SAP Transformation / Global Template, PMO Set Up & Strategic Planning.
- 1-Global SAP Implementation, Cutover/Migration, 2-ECC 6.0 Upgrade, Managed Business/Functional Projects & multiple SAP & eCommerce Integration/Enhancements & Sustain/Support (Global Finance, HR/HCM, BI / BW / BO, BCM).
- 50+ projects (45+ complete life cycle projects) managed successfully, including 2-Global SAP Implementations and 2 Clarity implementation/upgrade projects.
- 15+ years of IT experience with clients in: Industrials, Financial Services and Retail.
- Expertise in development of WBS Plan, Business Processes, Project Scope, IMP (Integrated Master Plan)/ IMS (Integrated Master Schedule), Project Time Line & Resource Requirements, PMO Processes & Documentations
- Experienced in PMO/PMBOK, RFI / RFP, Sow, SLA, WBS, SQA & Configuration/Change/Risk Management, Client Relationship Management, Issue/Risk/Compliance Management, Security, SOX & SQA Compliance Mgmt, On-site/Off-shore Delivery Management, Enterprise Business Solution Management, Release/Change Management
- Establish IT PMO, SQA Process, Business Process Methodologies, Process Optimization & Training. Experienced in EPIC (Enterprise Portfolio Information Center) and Clarity portfolio/program/project management tools with over 2 years of very intense experience.
- Managed Global ERP COE (Center of Excellence) processes, guidelines, Dashboard & KPAs (Key Performance Areas)
- Managed matrix teams of PMs/Vendor Partners on large/complex & enterprise level on Global ERP Programs & Projects
- Methodologies and Frameworks: SDLC, Agile SCRUM, Earned Value, ITIL and CobiT.
- Adept at contract negotiations, drawing up contracts, contract performance, vendor/subcontractor management, project team performance & conceptualizing new winning solutions development
- Strong domain skills in Financial Services (equities, fixed income, risk management, derivatives like options, futures, synthetics, cost/fund accounting for broker dealers, mutual funds, investment banks, hedge funds, high volume banking transactional accounting and private family offices ), Retail/Wholesale (merchandising, store operations, inventory/warehouse management, supply chain), Government Agencies and Consumer Products (durable and non-durables) industries
Business / IT Strategic Planning and Implementation
Program and Portfolio Management
Business Operations and Process Transformation
Post Acquisition / Merger Integration
Application Portfolio Rationalization
IT Cost Optimization
IT Organization and Operating Model
Global Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
Consultant - End-To-End PM
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Managed multiple projects involving multiple teams, multiple applications and multiple project managers (managing sub-projects) to deliver IT solutions to meet the needs of Consumer and Small Business SBU stakeholders.
- Responsible for communication with executive management and other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Responsible for managing large project budgets
- Used Clarity for managing projects along with MS Project
Consultant - Senior PM
- Manage a critical, short term, business intelligence upgrade project involving upgrade of QlikView from version 10 to version 11, that affects 5000+ users
- Managed about 35 software professionals including full time, onshore employees and offshore consultants.
- Responsible for communication with executive management and other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Responsible for a seamless transition to the new version that involved extensive testing efforts across the server, publisher and access point platforms across development, QA and production environments.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Managed multiple small initiatives that were left stranded without a PM or were on hold or brand new initiatives.
- Familiar with Confidential PM Methodology Primer, Clarity, Lombardi, Lotus Notes DBs, Enterprise Architecture standards and applications affiliated with Confidential Investments.
- Managed a Clarity upgrade project.
Client Partner and Program Management Consultant
- Part of the corporate leadership team involved in planning the global implementation of SAP and conversion from Oracle Apps to SAP. Leadership activities included integration planning & management, identification & separation of global and regional processes, infrastructure planning, status and budget control mechanisms, decisions regarding SAP instances (single global vs. multiple regional), data security, data migration issues, resource planning, issue identification, escalation & resolution mechanisms, etc.
- Lead analysis of Arizona State University’s gaps in their enterprise Oracle Applications and Peoplesoft implementation for upgrade and conversion from multiple earlier versions of Peoplesoft modules to 9.x versions of Peoplesoft. Functions affected included human resources (HCM), finance (Oracle Financials GL/AP/AR), student administration (SA) etc.
- Lead SAP implementation planning across 1800+ global sites, 40K users, multiple SBUs, multiple vendors and multiple geographies (time zones, currencies, other localization issues and resource management)
- Managed a winning team, whose primary focus was crafting RFIs and RFPs to bid on government and quasi-governmental contracts. Largest win was an approximate $30MM, multi-year win with a major utility company, where we presented a 110 page proposal.
- Single Point of Contact (SPoC) for business leadership, technology leadership and implementation teams.
- Managed resources across SD, FICO, PP, MM, Treasury, HR/HCM, BI/BW, Solution Manager, XI/PI, BCM etc.
- Bid on government contracts, that included indications of interest, pre-solicitation conferences, market research, proposal writing including SLA, proposal submission process, managing compliance requirements, putting team structures and oral presentations.
- Won a 5 year, multi-million dollar bid for IT consulting services with a large state university.
- Managed multiple client relationships, up selling and delivery management.
- Led multiple application development projects that required subject matter expertise in the following areas -
- Fixed Income Expertise - Bonds, Swaps, Asset Swap, Options
- Financial Systems Integration Expertise - Credit & Rates derivative business trade capture (Upstream) and middle office risk, P&L reporting, confirmation, and settlement (Downstream) applications integration
- Fund and Cost Accounting, high volume transactional accounting for banking transactions, GL interfaces, harmonization of internal and external reporting for performance improvement and compliance as well as parallel accounting systems (account and ledger solutions for IFRS and local GAAP accounting requirements). Plan and coordinate the Record-to-Report (RTR).
- Integration with the following vendor products with market data providers such as MarkIt Partners, Bloomberg, Reuters, middle office risk & reporting (Risk Analysis, Intraday / End of Day Reporting, feed to accounting, DTCC, Settlement & Clearing )
- Misys Summit, Murex, Reval, Principia Analytics System
- Led multiple application development projects that required an indepth understanding of business process management (BPM), business process re-engineering (BPR) and business process outsourcing (BPO). Also, involved in knowledge transfer initiatives after completion of these engagements. Tools used have included proprietary BPM tools, NFS/Fidelity Information Services’ BPM, webMethods etc. for workflow analysis and benchmarking, imaging and workflow automation. Extensively involved in crafting of business and data architectures as well as process modeling. Deep understanding of multiple business process standards and methodologies like Value Chains, Event Driven Process Maps, BPMN 2.0 and XPDL. Experience with integration of business rules management (BRM - Progress Corticon) with BPM solutions to improve enterprise efficiencies.
- Led a data center consolidation project that resulted in the consolidation of multiple data centers into 1 centrally located data center for savings and efficiency purposesThe data center was rated a Tier 4 center, with mission critical applications, built in redundancies and concurrencies and compartmentalized security measures.
- Managed off-shore based IT Enabled Services to clients that pertained to application hosting, network monitoring, network maintenance and website hosting.
- Managed a large CRM project that involved SAP BCM that resulted in improved service responsiveness, efficiency and consistency of the contact center activities by connecting all sites and employees within a single communications solution and lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO).
Program Delivery Manager
- Led commercial risk management portfolio (OPEN Small Business Network)Portfolio consisted of several million dollars in annualized projects implemented
- Managed 10 project managers and 1 engagement manager.
- Proactively minimized risks within portfolio and overall business
- Probed, identified and resolved issues and opportunities within the portfolio that helped optimize opportunities, closed gaps in the system and minimized exposure to adverse business conditions and litigation
- Saved Confidential several tens of millions of dollars ($) in potential yearly losses through proactive and timely identification of problems, issues and gaps in this volatile and downward economic environment
- Saved Confidential $300,000 by identifying an hidden issue within 5 weeks of starting the assignment.
- Strategized and prioritized business needs and align technology projects with business goals
- Coordinate the work of various stakeholders - technology managers, business partners and end users
- Managed 4 different vendor teams - IBM, TCS, Syntel and Confidential - as well as Confidential FTEs.
- Expert at using EPIC (Enterprise Portfolio Information Center) that was the repository for all project related information in the portfolio.
- Led the implementation of Clarity portfolio/program management tool and converted the SBU from EPIC to Clarity.
- Project management methodologies used were SDLC and Method 1 (variation of SDLC developed by Accenture).
- Presented to executive management as well as the steering committees on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Partnered with the business partners on a regular basis to identify gaps, opportunities and issues and come up with new technology projects.
- Partnered with the IT and Business Governance Committees to evaluate project fit with business objectives, cost-benefit analysis, ROI as well as classification of projects into strategic program buckets and tactical implementation buckets
- Partnered with the technology teams to prioritize projects/programs based on resource and infrastructure constraints as well as budget availabilities. J2EE was the predominant programming environment. Some SAP upgrade projects were also part of the portfolio.
- Led project development efforts at this small, start up engineering consulting firm
- Developed a client base of small and mid-size businesses
- Bid on government contracts that pertained to engineering services
- Led an investment management team of 5 investment managers focused on personal, small business and executive investment advisory services.
- Assets under management exceeded $3 million within a short span of 7 months in “production”, after licensure and initial training/apprenticeship/pre-production
- Dealt with equities, fixed income, structured products, options, futures and hedge fund products for sophisticated individual retail investors as well as institutional investors.
Head of IT Ops. & Managing Partner
- Designed the entire IT system for this multi-million dollar import, logistics and distribution business
- Led the development and implementation of the enterprise ERP system
- Led the development and deployment of the e-commerce initiatives of the company
- Helped the company gain market share through better understanding of customer needs, effective management of customer accounts payable and reduced operational costs that helped the company channel additional resources on marketing.
- Hired and managed 19 sales executives, 2 account managers and 3 logistics personnel.
- Recruited by startups and venture capitalists for formulating IT strategy, strategic business and financial planningSectors covered included retail (eCommerce), software and manufacturing.
- Critiqued business plans and revenue models, assembled management/legal/technical teams and structured deals.
- Helped companies present to government agencies
Consultant - Program Manager
- Implemented ERP solutions for clients in the gas and electric utility industry Prepared SOW and proposals for client-server/application management services.
- Led various initiatives as the IT program manager in a politically charged post acquisition integration of a large company with a small company, that included networking projects, application consolidation, infrastructure decommissioning, new application implementation and data migration projects, besides training end-users.
- Managed 3 project managers and over $5 million in various IT projects for a gas utility client.
- Lead proposal development teams for bidding on government contracts