- Experienced Business & DataAnalyst (10+ years) ; supported various implementations, integrations & migrations, ETL & BI Development, business & data analytics, process re - engineering, testing, technology assessment, procurement, and training initiatives. Worked as a Business Analyst/Business System Analyst on iterative Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) waterfall and AGILE (Scrum Framework), involved in Planning, Designing, Building, testing and Deployment.
- Proficient in writing Business requirements document, use case specifications, Functional Requirements,user stories, customer requirement Documents, Business process modeling notation & mapping, artifacts and Workflows.
- Strong working background with various Databases, ETL, integrations and migrations development & BI reporting, Restful API’s, REST and SOAP web services, Data warehouse, metadata & Master data Management. Good data modeling concepts(conceptual, logical, Physical & Dimensional) and schema design ( Star & snowflake).
- Well versed Master Data Management, data governance and data stewardship.
- Expert in Report and Query Development Process, successfully designed, generated, deployed kinds of business reports, detailed table, drill down or dashboard to the end users by employing Tableau, microstrategy, power BI and SSRS. Utilized various charts for visualization such as Bar Chart, Line Chart, Gannt Chart, Tree Map, Heat Map, Pie Chart, Scatter Plot and Geographical Maps to depict datain multiple layouts to allow businessusers measure the business Key Performance Indicators.
- Proficient with SQL queries, Unix scripting, Python and good knowledge of JSON and Java Script.
- Experienced in software application, DB & ETL testing which involved development of test cases, test scripts and unit testing, integration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), also promoting a shared foundation of common data definitions within the organization as part of business process re-engineering efforts.
- Good knowledge and experience on working for various functional areas such as Retail, E-commerce, Sales & Marketing, Transportation, Construction, Finance & Accounting ( Procure to Pay & Order to Cash cycles).
- Leading JAD sessions to facilitate discussions of requirements scope, priority, and dependencies. Review use cases from the product backlog, assess the release backlog. Work with application architects, developers, technical specialists, testing teams thereby coordinating efforts. Encompassing the usage of industry standards to cover the client requirements and identifying the system requirements by Use Case Models, Data Flow Models etc.
- Conducting Predictive Modeling Analysis to predict correlation or future trends, SWOT Analysis with regards to market study & research, Cost-Benefit Analysis (make Vs buy decision), Net Present Value Analysis (NPV), Return on Investment Analysis (ROI), and Break Even Analysis, regression modeling.
- Experienced in Cost Estimating, planning, scheduling, Forecasting Budget (Planned value vs Actual Value), Risk Analysis, Trading & Portfolio Management.
BI Tools: Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos, Business Object, Crystal Reports, SAP BI & BW &Qlikview.
IDE Tools: Rational Rose, Rational Clearquest, Rational Clearcase, MS Visio &UML
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, Relativity, Bugzilla, JIRA, Test Director,Win Runner, Load Runner, Mercury, TestNG & Rational Clear Quest.
ERP Package: Peoplesoft, Oracle E Business Suite R12 &11i & SAP
Database/DB Tools: MS SQL, My SQL, SOQL, SOSL Access, Toad, Workflow Builder& Oracle PL/SQL
Operating System: Windows, Mac Os & Linux
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process, Agile & Waterfall
Modeling: Erwin, Balsamiq, Bizagi, LucidChart & Visio
Tools: /Utilities: MS Office, MS Project, Visio, Filezilla, GitHub, SSAS, SSRS, AWS, Dell Boomi, Node JS, Python IDE, Putty, ZenDesk, TIB Golden Gate, Servicenow, Salesforce, Primavera, Citrix, VB/VBA, Cisco Jabber, Trello, Webex, JIRA& UML.
ECM: Onbase, FileNet, Adobe Experience Manager & Sharepoint
ETL Tool: Informatica, Pentaho, Mulesoft & SSIS.
Confidential, Austin, Tx
BI, DWH & ETL Developer & Reporting Business Data Analyst
- Planned, Communicated and strategized various ETL development activities with cross functional departments such as Ecommerce, Marketing and Finance. Created ETL transformations and jobs using Pentaho Data Integration Designer (Kettle-Spoon) and scheduling them using Cron Job.
- Utilized different transformation in PDI to cleanse and manipulate source data e.g. Database lookup & Join, Generate Rows, Calculator, Row normalizer & De-normalizer, Java script, add constant, Add sequence
- Created mapping documents to define and document mapping between source data attributes and entities in target database.
- Wrote Python scripts to parse XML documents and load the data in database.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database
- Designed and developed Restful API push and call integration. Developed tools using shell script, XML, Java Script, Python and JSON to perform web analytics integrations and automation process tasks.
- Utilized windows tasks scheduler to automate tasks with Pentaho and shell scripts.
- Debugged, tested various ETL, SQL database and BI jobs.
- Worked on gathering KPI’s and KPM’s. Created Dashboard, views and worksheets on Tableau and published on Tableau online. Also maintained Tableau extracts while debugging various issues with reporting.
- Queried SQL data bases to validate data flow into datawarehouse from source file.
- Exported Data from Salesforce E Commerce Cloud and various other sources to SFTP. Also Send file or data over SFTP.
Confidential, Austin, Tx
Business & Data Analyst
- Conducted & Participated in kick off meetings, workshops, working closely with SME’s & Various stakeholders to capture requirements, map the business process and update the changes.
- Prepared BPMN’s As Is flows ( visio), use case diagram, sequence diagram, activity diagram, BRD’s ( Business Requirements), FRD’s( Functional Requirements), SRS( Software Requirements Spec.), RTM’s( Requirements Traceability), To Be Flows and coordinated TDD’s ( Technical Design) with QA team. Worked to coordinate test strategy, test plan, test cases, test data and other test artifacts.
- Involved in implementing integration flows using Mule Anypoint Studio to connect to REST, SOAP Service, Oracle Database, MSSQL database
- Worked on various Mule components such as DataWeave, File Transport, SMTP Transport, FTP/SFTP Transport, JDBC Connector, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP etc as part of integration.
- Mapped data from CSV to XML, JSON to XML, flat-files and vice-versa using Data Weave.
- Worked on creating SOAP and REST web services in Mule, consumption of REST and SOAP web services.
- Reviewed reports made from Tableau and other functionalities like Tableau Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Contexts, Data Source Filters, Actions, Functions, Trends, Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Data Blending, and Maps etc., Crosstab, Heat/Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs and Histograms.
- Worked with various application systems that comprises Oracle & Sql server Databases such as Peoplesoft (ERP), Site Manager, Project Wise, FileNet P8 and other custom applications used by various sections analyzing the database schema…etc, performed PL/SQL & SQL queries to identify table, records, views, query, indexes and attributes for data mapping efforts for migration and integrations to the new COTS systemEstablished best practices for data use across enterprise, making best use of standards for data modeling, metadata, data governance, data quality, change controls, and data model review process.
- Used python scripts to update content in the database and manipulate files
- Led information and data governance initiative to streamline access and control, improve compliance, and prepare for migration to a new environment in support of an operational excellence
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Business & Data Analyst
- Created communication plans for projects, communicated with stakeholders and subject matter experts from multi cross functional areas of an organization to gathered requirements for projects, enhancement and change requests from users/external vendors and prepare Business Requirements & Functional Specification Documentation, perform impact analysis, analyze and understand the business processes, mapping the business process, Business process modeling notation and performing business process re-engineering.
- Worked on an Agile framework, attending daily scrum meetings with business & developmentteams analyzed users stories, use cases from product backlog to be put into release backlog to perform the tasks according burndown chart, conducting sprint sessions to update the current tasks and discussed the roadblocks to get resolutions to the issues and reviewing shippable product during each deliverable phase.
- Worked with Portfolio Management section, marketing and finance division using Tableau for reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters, scorecards. Create complex ad hoc reports and dashboard using Stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps and Gantt charts..etc.( to perform predictive modeling analysis for product sales forecast and market forecast. Analyzing market trend through collection of past performance of annual and monthly forecast. Uplifted Portfolio from 1% to 28%, managing risks cause by market volatility).
- Worked on developing Informatica Mappings, Mapplet, Sessions, Worklets and Workflows for data loads. Created complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, and Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Union, Lookup, Joiner, XML Source Qualifier and Stored procedure transformations.
- Used Informatica debugging techniques to debug the mappings and used session log files and bad files to trace errors occurred while loading.
- Installed and configured R studio and packages. Performed R Scripts to perform various statistical calculations and graphs as part of predictive modeling analysis.
- Coordinated to develop Enterprise Data Warehousing efforts to integrate the businessto single environment to access data on a single platform using InformaticaPower Center 9.5.1 tool for extracting data from Various Source systems (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Flat Files, Teradata, SAP & Sales Force) into Datawarehouse repositories conformed Facts & Dimensions, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Surrogate Keys, Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Performed complex SQL queries against multiple data base environments (Oracle 11g, DB/2, Teradata) as part of de-bugging, testing or responding to businessuser requests.
- Worked on designing data models, attributes and entity relationships and normalization of Databases.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Business & Data Analyst
- Engaged with stakeholders and SME’s to gathered requirements, developed solution, managed application development, and data conversion and initialization across multiple environments Master Data Management (MDM) Content Management (Offer Management), Product Creation from requirements through stabilization.
- Participated in daily stand-ups and scrum ceremonies for two scrum teams. Work with product owners to groom the backlog and plan sprints. Assure that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines. Track, escalate and remove impediments. Report at daily Scrum of Scrum meetings
- Prepared business requirements documents, functional specification documents, systems requirements document, requirements management plan, Current-State and Future-State Process Models, Performance Indicators and project schedule. Also created Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams for Business Process Modeling like Use Case Diagrams (UCD), Activity Diagrams (AD), Sequence Diagrams (SD), and Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Worked with groups from functional and non-functional areas. Communicated functional requirements to technical team through technical details. Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge guiding or answering questions to QAs and developers regarding the Defects, Technical Specification Documents and Mapping Documents. Worked with QA team ensuring test scenarios are prepared to provide proper test coverage and also undertook reviews of test scripts and results to ensure quality delivery.
- Worked on creating Informatica mappings with source/targets of Oracle, SAP, MS SQL and Flat Files utilizing Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup, Normalizer, Filter, Sorter, Aggregator, Joiner, Router, Rank, SQL, Union, Stored Procedure, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, XML Source Qualifier, Maplet Input and Output Transformations.
- Perform Data profiling to perform statistical operations in order to better analyze and model data and applied businessrules using InformaticaData Quality (IDQ) tool to cleanse data.
- Worked with customers to gather requirements and setup Customer workbenches, transaction types, Transaction Sources, Auto accounting, SLA, Revenue Recognition policy, bank setups, Payment methods, Approval limits, Receipt workbench, month end closing for AR and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for data analysis and creation of taxonomy and metadata list for the application
- Modify existing Informatica mappings to utilize Power Exchange sources and Oracle andNetezzatargets.
- Compiled Weekly, Monthly, Daily Financial analysis reports as per Business Groups requests with help Teradata SQL Assistant & UNIX.
- Read all the functional & non-functional documents to create Test Scripts & all the possible Test Scenarios to remove & fix the bugs if any. Revalidate the fixed defects & update the Quality Centre with the results
- Worked on data modeling and produced data mapping and data definition documentation.
- Trained users on system usage, created presentations and prepared training materials.
Business Operations Analyst
- Interacted and coordinated with many departments to gather requirements and to assure satisfactorydata content, quality,data integrity, and receipt of desired information from JRD sessions and following the JAD methodology
- Performeddata analysis in support of standard report offerings and customized clientdata analysisneeds and maintaineddata integrity and consistency by passingdata through several analysis steps such as parsing and prototyping.
- Designed and developed various dashboards for the business operations, product and services section created, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement
- Created and reviewed InformaticaMappings to load data using transformations like Source Qualifier, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Joiner, lookups, Stored Procedures and creating PL/SQL procedures, functions, Filters, Sequence, Router, Union and Update strategy.
- Created data profiling and score cards using the informatica data quality and help business analyst to understand the tool components.
- Create JIRA production bug workflow, conduct Gap Analysis by creating Swim lane diagrams and highlight the differences between the Current (AS IS) environments versus the Target (TO BE) environment.
- Organize requirements into high level Use Cases and low level Use Case Specifications and modeled them into UC, Activity and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Wrote various SQL scripts to create database objects like tables, views, and maintain databaseintegrity using constraints.
- Participated in Functional testing and User Acceptance testing (UAT). Executed test cases, Documenting and Resolved defects and Signed Off from Application.
Project Engineer & Business Analyst
- Identified requirements for business needs, communicated gaps and issues to management. Designed future state business process for flawless network connections.
- Performed Analysis on spreadsheets on large amount of data and creating meaningful presentations utilizing gantt charts, bar charts and pivot charts…etc.
- Conduct workshops for overall business processes and system process to ensure change management.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Navigation Flow, Business Flow Diagrams and Work Flow Diagrams for applications and created Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using MS Visio and created conceptual model, behavior diagrams.
- Assisted the PM and worked with cross functional team to identify areas for cost improvement, estimation, scheduling and forecasting budget. Prepares materials take-off and labor costestimates, tender documents for biddings.
- Prepare project bar charts, PERT/CPM, project cash flow and budgetary cost estimates.
- Provide a full costEngineering, Analysis and costControl guidance to the Project Manager using various tools such as “earned value” for engineering and design, construction, and owner’s cost.
- Preparation and Submission of Monthly CostReports and Progress both to Main Contractor and Client.
- Developed methodology to monitor and control costsfor estimates, labor, rentals and materials. Prepared committed, accrual, costvariance and EAC reports. Performed purchase order maintenance and management, invoice audits, reconciliation and change order tracking
- Assist the QA personnel in the creation of Test Cases using Rational Test Manager.
- Involved in performing version control and defect tracking activities using Rational ClearCase and Rational ClearQuest.
- Primary customer contact for internal notices, content management, community portals
- Participated in meetings with Developers, Project Managers and Quality Analysts to discuss business requirements, test planning, resource utilization, and defect tracking.
- Developed user manuals, presentations and training manuals as per project specifications and timelines.
- Managing requirements and mapping them to test plan and test cases.