- Sr. IBM Datastage Developer wif 7+ years of experience in Data Integration and migration for Data Warehouses including IBM Info Sphere/Web Sphere Datastage, Enterprise Edition (Manager, Designer, Director, Administrator, Parallel Extender), Profile Stage/ Information Analyzer, Quality Stage.
- Extensive experience in Extract Transformation Loading applications using IBM Infosphere Information Server Versions 11.5, 11.3, 9.1, 8.7, 8.5, 7.5, AscentialDataStage 7.5.
- Experience using IBM InfosphereDataStage 11.5, 11.3, 9.1, 8.5, IBM InfosphereDataStage 8.1 and AscentialDataStage 7.5.
- Strong understanding of the principals of Data Warehousing using fact tables, dimension tables and star/snowflake schema modeling.
- Experience in Cutting Edge Technologies like IBM Infosphere Information Analyzer, Infosphere Governance Catalog.
- Extensive experience in IBM InfoSphere Information Server and patch installations.
- Hands on experience in Installing IBM Information Server suite on AIX, UNIX, RHEL Linux and Windows platforms.
- Worked extensively wif Dimensional modeling, Data migration, Data cleansing, ETL Processes for data warehouses.
- Experience in IBM Info Sphere Information Server (IIS), ETL software administration, performing environment, capacity and performance monitoring, MDM patches maintenance/installs or other directly related experience.
- Implemented, designed and analyzed the Relational Database (OLTP) and Data Warehousing Systems (OLAP).
- Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008.
- Experience in backing up and Restoring Information Server and Datastage projects.
- Hands on experience in migration and upgrade ETL environments from Infosphere lower versions to higher versions like from 8.5 to 11.3 and 11.3 to 11.5.1.
- Excellent noledge on IBM Information Server suite components like Qualitystage, Information Analyzer and Metadata workbench, etc.
- Experience in both production support projects and Development projects.
- Good experience in data extraction/transformation/loading from different sources to a target data warehouse.
ETL: IBM InfoSphere&WebSphereDataStage 11.5/11.3/9.1/8.7/8.5/8.1.1/8.0/7.5, Quality Stage, Parallel Extender, Profile Stage.
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, DB2, Teradata, MS - Access, Sybase, Netezza, Greenplum, etc.
Database Tools: SQL* Plus, SQL Loader, Toad, Autosys
OS: Windows, AIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, RHEL, SuSe Linux
Data Warehousing: Star & Snow-Flake schema Modeling, Fact and Dimensions, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Erwin,Cognos.
Confidential -Boston, MASr. DataStage Developer
- Developed detailed system designs and review approved systems system analysts and business analyst.
- Used IBM Fast-track to upload all the documentation and column to column data mapping and job description for better understanding.
- Developed datastage jobs logic and review datastage jobs that require modification.
- Worked wif service manager to review schedules, objectives and priorities and also initiated suggestions for improvement to datastage jobs.
- Used datastage designer to develop processes for extracting cleansing transforming and integrating.
- Developed incremental jobs by implementing SCD Type 2 as per business requirement and design documents and source to target mappings.
- Created Extract, transform and load processes and programs in appropriate environments.
- Created source to target maps and transformation rules for data mart creation.
- Worked wif various stages wif in datastage (Transformer, Lookup, Join, Merge, Funnel, Sort, Surrogate Key Generator, CDC, XML plugins, ODBC) etc.,
- Involved in quality stage to perform data investigation, data standardization etc.
- Involved in fine tuning the jobs. Mentor development team on datastage, Oracle and DB2, shell scripts
- Attended daily scrum meetings to provide update on the progress of the user stories to the Scrum Master and also to notify of any blockers or dependencies.
Environment: Datastage11.5(Designer, Director and Administrator), IBM Tivoli, Oracle 10g, SQL Server, Unix, Quality Center, DB2 SQL Server, PL/SQL, SharePoint, IBM Fast-track
Sr. Datastage Developer
- Extensively used DataStage for extracting, transforming and loading databases from sources including Oracle, DB2 and Flat files.
- Developed, tested and implemented Datastage Jobs, JIL Jobs,Ksh scripts for several projects in an Operational Data Store.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center Data Validation tool to unit test the ETL mappings.
- Developed various ETL jobs including Data Extractions, Transformations rules based on business requirements using IBM InfosphereDatastage 8.5.
- Involved in peer code reviews and testing of ETL flows. Performed Unit testing and Data validation testing using Informatica Data Validation tool.
- Designed, developed and tested the DataStage jobs using Designer and Director based on business requirements and business rules to load data from source to target tables.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures for source pre load and target pre load to verify the existence of tables.
- Used IBM InfosphereDatastage 8.5 to develop various ETL jobs including Data Extractions, Transformations rules based on business requirements.
- Involved in the design of Match Templates suggestions made by the Business and validated the results to identify the duplicates coming from the source depending on different Match types using Match Stage - InfoSphere Quality Stage.
- Designed the Data Marts in dimensional data modeling using star and snowflake schemas.
- Deploying the code into all other test environments and making sure QA to pass all their test cases.
- Established best practices for DataStage jobs to ensure optimal performance, reusability, and restart ability.
- Used Autosys to schedule, run and monitor Datastage jobs.
- Extracted the data from the DB2 database and loading into downstream Mainframe files for generating the reports.
Environment: IBM InfoSphere Information Server DataStage 8.5, SQL, PL/SQL,UNIX, AIX, DB2, Java, Mainframe files, Job control, SVN.
Data Engineer/Datastage Developer
- Extensively used DataStage Designer to develop various jobs to extract, cleanse, transform, integrate and load data into Data mart.
- Designed, developed, debug, tested and promoted Java/ETL code into various environments from DEV through to PROD.
- Created Data Validation document, Unit Test Case Document, Technical Design Document, Informatica Migration Request Document and Knowledge Transfer Document.
- Importing and exporting repositories across the projects, Datastage Components and table definitions are done using Datastage Designer.
- Extensively used InfoSphere Quality Stages - Investigate Stage, Standardized Stage, Match and Survive Stage for generating reports, keeping the data clean and structured according to business.
- Worked on daily atomic, monthly atomic and Monthly aggregations of the reporting data mart.
- Designed Re-Usable jobs in DataStage which saved testing and designing time and can bring down the Development time.
- Performed Job tuning which halps in reducing the production time for the daily job runs.
- Worked wif DataStage Manager to import/export metadata, jobs and routines from repository and also created data elements.
- Participated in discussions wif Team leader, Group Members and Technical Manager regarding any technical Business Requirement issues.
Environment: IBM InfoSphere Information Server V8.1 Suite (DataStage, QualityStage), AscentialData stage, Oracle 9.x, Erwin, SQL, DB2, SQL*Plus, SQL Navigator, MS SQL Server 2000, Windows XP/2000.
Jr. ETL Developer
- Analyzed the sources, transformed the data, mapped the data and loaded the data into targets using Power Center Designer.
- Worked wif various transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Aggregator, Lookup, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure, Sequence generator, joiner transformations. Mocking the test data.
- Developed ETL mappings to load data into database tables using various transformations.
- Developed sessions and workflows for the mappings.
- Involved in testing the ETL jobs and coding the mappings on the change requests.
- Created Stored Procedures, functions, triggers and views for data analysis.
- Created DDL statements for the tables.
- Created SQL Statement to fire on the Database.
- Involved in creating Shell Scripts to automate Pre-Session and Post-Session Processes.
Environment: Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Informatica Power Center 9.0.1.