- Experience in Migration Projects from Cognos Impromptu 7.3 to Cognos 8.1 and Cognos Transformer model 7.3 to Cognos 8.3 Transformer Model
- Create XML Scripts SDK for deploying Packages from Server to Server.
- Extensively worked on Framework Manager in designing and developing Metadata Layer and published several Cognos Packages as per the Business needs.
- Extensively worked on Transformer for Data Modeling of the corporate Data for building Multi-dimensional cubes.
- Experience in Cognos Server Administration 7.3 and Cognos Configuration.
- Strong Experience in Finance, Insurance and Manufacturing Industries
- 15 years of experience in IT Industry.
- Around 5 years of experience as BI Manager/Architect and more than 6 years as Cognos Tech Lead
- More than 5 Years experience as Project Manager this includes Client Management, Resource Management and Schedule Management handling BI Projects as well as Offshore-Onsite Management.
- Handling and Prioritizing the BI releases, allocate and re-direct resources and Resolve alternative strategies and areas of business focus.
- Ensure that all related projects cooperate and coordinate with the BI program team.
- Act as senior liaisons between the program and all potential business areas that may use the business intelligence.
- Involved in defining the overall corporate data model on which the BI is based.
- Involved in creating proposals and POC in order to Market and sell the BI Program to the entire organization. Also involved in establishing the training programs for the business users.
- More than 10 Years of experience in working with various COGNOS BI tools. Strong experience in working with Cognos 10.1/8.4 Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio , Cognos Transformer 10.1/8.4, Cognos Impromptu Reports 7.3, Impromptu Administrator 7.3, Power Play Enterprise Server PPES
- Strong knowledge in using Agile methodology for software development and good knowledge in different SDLC Software Development life cycle phases
- Created various kinds of reports in reportnet like Master-Detail reports, charts, drill through reports from Analysis to Report Studio Reports
- Knowledge of Data Analysis Building Dashboards using Cognos 8. Well-versed in developing reporting applications employing Cognos 8 components like Framework Manager, Query Studio, Report Studio, Event Studio and Cognos Connection.
- Experience in building meta data layer using Cognos Framework Manager, power play Transformer and Impromptu Administrator.
- Experience in query optimizing techniques and performance tuning.
- Experience in installing and configuring ReportNet, content Store and framework Manager.
- Experience in getting data from multiple data sources like catalog and architect model into framework manager and migrating impromptu reports to cognos connection
- Worked with various COGNOS BI tools on databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and MS Access.
- Experience in creating Cognos Triggers and handling Control M jobs to schedule Cognos Cubes on Server.
- Knowledge in Dimensional data modeling, star and snowflake schemas, key generalization, and other OLAP considerations
- Extensively involved in the development of Real time applications with large Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
- Hands on experience in working with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Strong experience in understanding business requirements. Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation skills.
- Experience in gathering User requirements and preparing specification documents.
- Proven expertise in analyzing the Business Intelligence needs of the enterprise and building the enterprise Reporting architecture.
Cognos Series 10.1/8.4 Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio Event Studio , Cognos series 7.3 Impromptu , Power Play, Transformer, Scheduler
Abinitio GDE 184.108.40.206, Informatica5.1 Designer, Server Manager, Repository Manager
Teradata, DB2, SQL Server 2008 and Oracle
Windows 95/98, Windows NT/2000
JAVA Applets, AWT, Swing, JDBC, Servlet, JSP , HTML, DHTML, FrontPage
Environment : Cognos 10.1/8.4 Framework Manager, ReportStudio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio,Event Studio Cognos 10.1/8.4 Transformer Cognos 7.3 Impromptu, Transformer, Power play
Database : DB2, Oracle and SQL Server 2008
Operating System : Windows NT
Duration : May 2008 - Till Date
Role : BI Architect/Cognos Technical Lead
Project Description :
Project is for one of the world's leading investment management firms, offering a wide array of mutual funds and other financial products and services to individuals, institutional investors, and financial advisors. It is the second largest fund firm in the United States and the world's largest pure no load mutual fund company.
Retail Systems is one of the divisions and it has a separate Strategic Reporting Team which focuses on providing Reporting solutions using Cognos for various Business teams.
- Resource Management and Project Management.
- Providing POC for new Business teams to use BI tools for their reporting needs.
- Involve in meeting with end user in gathering requirements.
- Design, Develop and Implement an Enterprise Wide Reporting system using Cognos PowerPlay, Report Studio and Analysis Studio Used Agile Methodology for this Project .
- Schedule Reports using Cognos Connection. Created Triggers using Unix Shell Scripts and setup Control-M jobs and use them to schedule Reports.
- Exported/Imported report specification from Development server to Production Server.
- Migrated reports from Cognos 7.3 to COGNOS 8.X.
- Migrated cubes/models from Cognos 7.3 to COGNOS 8.3.
- Create drill through definitions in Cognos Connection as per Business needs.
- Create dashboards for Management.
- Executed and Exported Cubes across various servers.
- Testing Functional and Non-Functional requirements in Cubes and Reports.
- Tuning the Reports and Cubes to decrease the cube build time and access time.
- Define Jobs in Cognos Connection to execute multiple reports.
- Create XML Scripts to deploy Packages between Servers using SDK.
- Creating Control-M Jobs to execute Reports and Transformer models.
- Creating scripts to move the Cognos Reports to FileNet.
- Built the PowerPlay Transformer model from various datasources like IQDs Impromtu Query Definition , csv
- Cognos Report Studio Reports to support Cognos Transformer 8.4
- Created Alternative Drill down paths.
- Created Dimensional Views.
- Generated Multiple Cubes within the same Transformer Model.
- Built Cubes using Time Based Partitions.
- Used Control-M jobs to schedule and build Cubes, once the predecessor Jobs were completed.
- Imported metadata from various sources such as Relational Databases and OLAP into the Framework Manager.
- Used Framework Manager in modeling the metadata to provide a business view for report authors and query users.
- Building models, packages using Framework Manager and published the packages to Cognos connection.
- Added business rules, such as filters and calculations that define the information that users can retrieve.
- Defined the relationships between the fact and dimension tables.
- Created Query Subjects to optimize and customize the data and organized the metadata into a Business View using folders, namespaces and shortcuts.
- Modeled to leverage the use of minimized SQL in Reports.
- Implemented object and data level security.
- Created Drill through definitions in Cognos Connection, mapped the target parameters in reports to the prompt variables in Drill through definition.
- Created Standard, Complex Reports like List Reports, Cross tab Reports, Section Reports, and Drill Through Reports
- Created of multi Page and multi Query reports
- Created layered drill through reports in order to analyze data in multidimensional way.
- Created Cascading prompts for filtering the data in one Query with another.
- Created Dashboards for business users. Used MDX Functions while reporting against OLAP datasources.
- Created Analysis Reports using Cubes and data sources.
- Created drill through Reports from Analysis Studio to Analysis Studio.
- Created drill through Reports from Analysis Studio to Report Studio.
- Created Event Trigger Jobs and scheduled Reports based on the event.
- Designed and Developed Impromptu Catalogs.
- Created hotfiles to connect to multiple datasources
- Developed IQDs against Catalog, which are used to source Powerplay Transformer Model to generate multidimensional Cubes.
Environment: Cognos 8.4, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Frame Work Manager, PowerPlay Transformer 7.3/7.4, Cognos Impromptu 7x, XML, Oracle 9i/10g, Db2, SQL Programmer, Control M Enterprise Manager 6.3, Windows NT/4.0, UNIX Solaris 5.0.