Lead Data Engineer / Architect with 25 years of total IT industry experience including 18 years of profound design and implementation of high performance scalable data centric solutions using full stack of Microsoft SQL Server technologies: database OLTP , Integration Services DTS, SSIS , Analysis Services SSAS, OLAP and Reporting Services SSRS 20 years in End-to-end Data Processing and Data Integration 24 years of Object Oriented Design and Development VC , 13 years in Component Oriented Programming .NET/C , 10 years in Services Oriented Architecture SOA / Enterprise Service Bus ESB design and implementation SOAP, REST ,and 25 years in overall Team Management, Project management and Team leadership. Goal-oriented with strong delivery/milestone and profitable result focus. Has good organizational, planning and matrix managerial, leadership and employee development skills experience in large-scale, high-volume, complex, dynamic fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. Detail oriented, effective communicator, able to work with minimal direction with a sense of urgency. Has strong decisiveness and leadership. Able to work independently, within a team environment and with internal and external clients. Feels personal responsibility for activities in development and support has analytical and problem solving skills, original outside the box thinking and hands-on experience in:
- A Design and implementation of Large, Middle and Small scale data centric information systems IS , including high-volume transaction processing market data and advanced sophisticated workflow IS
- Large Corporations, middle size companies, small business companies and startups working environments
- Onshore, offshore and mixed partially onshore and offshore teams Onsite and distributed teams
- Team Leadership, Team mentoring, Project Management, Resource Planning
- Full software development life cycle SDLC : Conceptualizing, Requirements Gathering and Analysis, Functional Design, Business Design, Technical Design Documenting, Development, Testing and Deployment. WATERFALL, AGILE, SCRUM, JAD Joint Application Development
- System Analysis Forward and Reverse engineering Object Oriented Analysis and Design OOA, OOD, OOP , SOA, Component Oriented Design and Development
- Data Modeling, Database and Data Warehouse design, development, implementation, data and code migration Data Dictionary Data Cleansing Object Relational Mapping ORM Cloud Computing: Data as a Service DaaS , Platform as a Service PaaS , Software as a Service SaaS and Infrastructure as a Service IaaS .
- On-Line Web Services, WCF, MSMQ and BizTalk and off-line Batch based WCF, SSIS Data Integration, Data Transformation Data Conversion and data interexchange between internal and external systems.
- Database administration, including 24x7 support Performance Tuning and Problem solving
- Highly Sensitive and Confidential Data/Information processing, storing and analysis, including Personal data, Business data, Financial information and Medical records.
Financial services, Banking Commerce, e-Commerce Marketng Media services Law, legal information, government Insurance services Health, Auto and Workers Compensation Telecommunications Trading Construction Car manufacturing Medical Device Manufacturing Manufacturing light industry Enterprise Networking.
Microsoft Windows 2000 administration, Certificates of achievements.
Sr. Database and Business Intelligence Engineer
Scope: Worked for International Medical Corps IMC, non-profit organization, www.internationalmedicalcorps.org as Sr. BI Database Engineer. Perform an overall architecture design and implementation of next generation data processing and reporting systems.
Platform Skills: MS SQL Server 2014, MS SQL Server and Oracle as data sources, T-SQL, TFS Database, Data Warehouse and ETL SSIS, C design and Implementation using MS Visual Studio, CA ERwin Data Modeler 9.5 and MS SQL Server Management Studio. Debugging and Performance Tuning, DDL, DML, DCL, TCL, SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM.
- - Defined coding and implementation standards for database, data warehouse and ETL development.
- - Reengineered existing solution that was implemented using pure Bottom-Up approach. Designed multistep processing architecture similar to hub-and-spoke with a room for future implementation of Master Data Management services.
- - Built clean data domains from United Nations UN and International Organization for Standardization ISO with IMC specifics.
- - Worked closely with business to define set of attributes to collect, manage, master and report location data.
- - Designed and implemented IMC Data Warehouse based on Kimball methodology. Fully modeled and implemented location dimension.
- - Designed and implemented automatic match and temporary manual way for the match of special case location data coming from different systems.
- - Provided consultation and some education for junior developers related to MS SQL Server technologies, database design, implementation and performance tuning.
Scope: Worked for First Allied Securities, Inc. full-service independent broker/dealer as Sr. BI Engineer on Risk Management project. Was responsible for all moving parts of data, required by the project.
Platform Skills: MS SQL Server 2012 Target Platform , MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2005 Source Platforms , T-SQL, MS Visual Studio 2012, TFS, Database Design and Implementation. Data discovery. Tracing, Debugging and Performance Tuning, DDL, DML, DCL, TCL, SSIS, C . SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM.
- - Translated the business requirements into analytic and reporting strategies through the development, execution and resourcing of data. Updated and clarified internal and external documentation.
- - Designed and implement operational data store add-ons tables, stored procedures and functions to accommodate additional properties of entities and service processing data.
- - Created data driven flexible and extendable solution to handle Managed Customer Account identification rules.
- - Design ETL SSIS 2012 to identify account properties that required for alerts raising.
- - Solved data issues that never been encountered or properly addressed before.
- - Educated Production DBA in SSIS 2012 technologies: SSIS Project deployment model SSISDB , SSIS Project configuration via parameters and environment variables, working with Integration Services Catalog and configuring SQL Server Agent Jobs to execute packages in target environments.
- - In collaboration with DBA established procedures and policies to deploy Project Based SSIS solutions to Development, QA and Production environments.
- - Did performance tuning for code that I have developed.
Scope: Worked for PCM, Inc. formerly PC Mall as Systems Analysts / Architect all about data and data integration and Team Lead. Led the company in Enterprise Database ED , Enterprise Data Warehouse EDW , Enterprise Service Bus ESB, Data Hub , Data as a Servise DaaS and Software as a Service SaaS initiatives, including formal leadership, systems analysis, design and team and hands on implementation. Focusing on end-to-end data processing full information/data life cycle , an integration of internal and external systems, data cleansing DQS , master data management MDM , data interexchange and replication and Analysis/Reporting systems Data Warehouse: Inmon / Kimball .
Platform Skills: Hub-and-Spoke architecture, Enterprise Service Bus ESB concept. MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, MS Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008, TFS, MS Visio, SQL Server Profiler, Database and Data Warehouse Design, Implementation and reporting, Tracing, Debugging and Performance Tuning, DDL, DML, DCL, TCL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS. WCF, C , SOAP and REST Web Services, UML, HTTPS, XML. SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM, WATERFALL.
- - Consulted with stakeholders and business owners to determine the best solution and a functional and to manage expectations, project phases and delivery schedule for a number of projects.
- - Acted as Solution Architect and Team Manager/Lead while implemented a project to integrate, process and master Customer data using ESB and The Hub-and-Spoke distribution paradigm model :
- - Interviewed business users. Performed System Analysis. Modeled customer related data that was coming from different systems: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics AX, custom and third party CRMs and Point of Sales POS .
- - Created technical design documents that aligned all Customer entity attributes across all source system and a Hub.
- - Created Entity, Logical and Physical models related to Customer Data. Alongside with a business identified all Customer Entity Attributes to use for data mastering Microsoft Master Data Management services / Profisee Maestro . Implemented MDM Customer Entity Model.
- - Identified all scenarios for data interexchange, data overlay enrichment , data collision and data duplicates resolution. Outlined them into UML Collaboration, Interaction and Sequence diagrams.
- - Designed set of SOAP and REST web services for ESB. Defined Web Services contracts for both SOAP/WSDL and REST/WADL types of Web Services.
- - Led an implementation of ESB. Delivered ESB HUB Customer Data databases for Staging and Publishing areas for data inbounding, cleansing, standardizing, mastering, storing and publishing for consumption.
- - Owned important email marketing projects full SDLC : Interviewed customers Designed and implemented databases and data warehouse to process and store email marketing data 1-1.5 million transactions daily, currently about 1.7 billion sent events . Designer and implemented SSIS based ETL with four steps data processing and full auto restartability.
- - Administrated SQL Servers 2012 and 2008R2 that run Marketing databases.
- - Consulted and mentored other teams in architecture, data integration and data interexchange design, implementation and best practices on regular bases.
- - Established weekly education seminars for offshore team members to level up skillsets of offshore employees in MS SQL Server technologies.
- - Migrated backend solutions databases, SSIS from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012.
Scope: Worked for CareFusion as Senior MS SQL Server Database / Data Warehouse engineer/analysts officially . Played Solution Architect role in Med globalization project. Designed an architecture and led the implementation of the project for both the database and data warehouse. Implemented changes to database and data warehouse schemas, code, SSIS packages, and SSRS based including C and VB.NET script components and SSRS and ASP.NET/C based reports.
Platform Skills: MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, MS Visual Studio 2010 and 2008, TFS, ER Studio, SQL Server Profiler, Database and Data Warehouse Design, Implementation and reporting, Tracing, Debugging and Performance Tuning, DDL, DML, DCL, TCL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS. SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM.
- - Defined the approach for localization, created Technical Design documentation for localization project.
- - Identified and documented all touch points, including database schemas, code, ETL and SSRS-based reports.
- - Created an approach and provided a working sample to reporting team to add multilingual support to SSRS reports fully localized reports .
- - Considered multilingual support data model for ASP.NET localization based on approved approach.
- - Led the team in: schema and code modifications, SSIS package amendments, reference data loading and testing.
- - Provided valuable input to improve team coding standards and overall product quality enhancements.
Scope: Served for ICW Group as Senior MS SQL Server Database / Data Warehouse engineer / analysts / DBA. Supported Enterprise Information Services EIS department as SQL Server technology lead. Led or participated in number of projects. Created, optimized or reengineered solution based on best practices.
Platform Skills: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, T-SQL, MS Visual Studio 2008/2005, SVN, ER Studio, SQL Server Profiler, Database and Data Marts Design, Implementation and reporting Crystal Reports . Tracing, Debugging and Performance Tuning, DDL, DML, DCL, TCL XML Message queuing and processing. Production, Staging, QA, INT and Development environments. SDLC, WATERFALL, AGILE, SCRUM, Matrix.
- - Led EIS department in MS SQL Server technologies and best practices.
- - Designed and implemented new role based security infrastructure for EIS department databases that became a standard for the company.
- - Designed an entire solution, implemented and documented database and data interexchange part of user tracking system for IT security department SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, OLE Automation, Active Directory and MS VISIO .
- - Designed and implemented automated test system for premium calculation SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, MS Excel, and MS VISIO .
- - Led database implementation for LDP replacement project. XLDP is a system that calculates premium for Worker compensation insurance. Communicated to Data Modeler regarding enhancements and changes to improve overall performance based on Microsoft best practices SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSIS, XML message processing and ER Studio .
- - Participated as member of ICW Database Committee that discussed and created Database Implementation Standards and best practices for the company.
- - Analyzed existing pure performance solutions, redesigned, re-implemented or provided recommendations to get it better, to improve execution performance and disk space consumption.
- - Led EIS team in Server migration project from SQL Server 2000 and 2005 to 2008 . The project has been fully designed, coded and partially implemented T-SQL DML, SSIS, and RedGate Toolbelt .
- - Analyzed performance of brand new and updated T-SQL code provide recommendations to developers. The recommendations include code modifications and database schema improvements.
- - Supported EIS department as on-site SQL Server DBA 2000, 2005, and 2008 .
- - Validated EIS Servers after applying patches to Server Operation System and/or SQL Servers.
- - Supported existing processes, Data Mart monthly and daily builds took part in enhancement and change projects.