- Over 7 years of experience in Software Development, Integration, Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence and the related Database Platforms.
- Extensive experience inTableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Reader, Public and Mobile in various versions of Tableau 6, Tableau 7 and Tableau 8.x.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Extensive experience on building dashboards using Tableau.
- Involved inRequirements gathering/analysis,Design, Development, TestingandProduction rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Expertise in understanding and supporting the client with project planning, project definition, requirements definition, analysis, design, testing, system documentation and user training.
- Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Experience in gathering and writing detailed business requirement and translating them into technical specifications and design.
- Organized numerous Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Interviews, workshops and Requirement Elicitation sessions with end - user/clients/stake holders, Subject Matter Experts and the technology group.
- Involved inTrouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reportsand resolving issues withinTableau ServerandReports.
- Extensive TableauExperience in Enterprise Environment and TableauAdministrator experience including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- EstablishedBest Practicesfor EnterpriseTableauEnvironment and application intake and development processes.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views and Cursors.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing Concepts and Data Modeling Techniques like Dimensional Data Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling and Star Schema Modeling.
- Experience to work with senior management to identify strategic goals, objectives, scope, budgets and process for internal and external development and to manage risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations.
- Strong analytical, logical, Communication and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment
BI Tools: Tableau, MicroStrategy
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage, Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services
Requirements Management: Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint Excel)
Change Management HP Open View, CA Service Manager, Lotus Notes
& Service Management
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst
Databases: Oracle 9i, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase,MS Access etc
Document management: Visual Source Safe 6.0, Share point, Ultra Edit, Documentum
Defect management tool: HP Quality center 10.0
Programming Languages: C, C++, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Python, C#
Data modeling: ERwin, ER Studio, MS Visio
Confidential, Gwynedd, PA
- Responsible for gathering requirements, interactions with business stake holders and managing the delivery.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- PreparingDashboardsusing calculations, parameters, calculatedfields,groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes..
- Used Sheet filters to produce Multiple chart types in a single view.
- Extensively used Calculated fields extensively for different logics for Trend, Extended price calculations for the different cost types.
- Foundefficientways to make tables and graphs which were visually easy to understand and at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content.
- Created dashboards using Tableau desktop and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Connected Tableau server to publish dashboard to a central location for portal integration.
- Created visualizations for logistics calculations and departmental spend analysis.
- Participated in the User Acceptance Warranty Testing. Involved in doing security and negative testing of the application.
- Performed Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensures that the new system will perform correctly in a production environment and interface correctly with other production systems.
Environment: SQl Server 2012, Oracle MDW,R12,, BigQuery, MS Excel, Salesforce, Windows 2007
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Preparing dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Expert in infographics and Dashboarding for data visualization.
- Interact professionally with diverse group of professionals in the organization including managers and executives.
- Experience in standardizing Tableau for shared service deployment.
- Extensively used data blending, embed functionalities in Tableau.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Involved in license management SLA’s with Tableau support.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
- Documented complete server architecture and solutions to troubleshoot performance, scheduling, and server related issues.
- Experience in providing Tableau server and tableau desktop training.
- Installed drivers for the Teradata and upgraded ODBC drivers to 13.00.00.01 for better performance.
Environments: Tableau Server v6/v7, Tableau Desktop v6/v7, Windows Server Standard R2, Clearquest, Clearcase, Oracle 11i, Sybase, Crystal XI, Info view, CMS, CMC, Excel, JAVA, J2EE, Tomcat, TSQL, UNIX, Linux RHEL 5.4.
Confidentia, West Chester, MD
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery, covering the entire Tableau development lifecycle.
- Experience in Marks,Publisher and Security.
- Working with Multiple data Connections.
- Used Snow flake and Star Schema Designs for data modeling.
- Experience with troubleshooting.
- Installation, maintenance and administration of Tableau Servers.
- Experience in tableau created Rapid Analytics and Reporting.
- Experience withTableau for Data Acquisition and data visualizations for client and customers.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Expertise in Tableau Analysis.
- Experience with creating Worksheets, Dashboarding and infographics
- Experience in BI interactive Dashboards and TableauPublisher.
- Experience in developing Dashboard using OLAP cubes.
- Experience of Client-Interaction on onsite/Offshore.
- Involved in Test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Live, optimized connections to Teradata to leverage the investments.
- Expertise in connecting to Oracle and SQL databases and troubleshooting.
Environments: Tableau Server 6.1, Tableau Desktop 6.1, MYSQL Server, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2008 SSAS, Oracle 11i, Sybase, Crystal XI, Info view, CMS, CMC, Excel, JAVA, J2EE, Tomcat., TSQL, UNIX, Linux RHEL 5.4
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Business Systems Analyst
- Liaison for project managers, managers, directors, and stakeholders.
- Requirements gathering and analysis including data analysis, gap analysis (AS-IS to TO-BE), and documentation for end users.
- Conducted gap analysis for re-engineering, and upgrading the current system where ever necessary.
- Develop, derive and clarify functional specifications and Use cases.
- Analysis of Business requirements and site specifications to create Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Design Document (Functional and Technical).
- Eliciting and translating business and/or technical needs in to relevant documentation for assigned initiatives/projects.
- Designed the conceptual and business process models.
- Implementation of new systems including the integration of the new system with existing systems.
- Designed various dimension and Fact tables to migrate Legacy data from various sources to New Consolidated Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Extensively involved in Data Mapping and Data Modelling and participated in domain model analysis and preparation of logical business model using UML.
- Designed and Developed new reports (Microstrategy),dynamic dashboards and enhancements to existing reports and capabilities in alignment with business needs.
- Assist business partners in decision-making, by analyzing the reporting process from end to end.
- Worked with MicroStrategy Architect to create Facts, Attributes, Relationships and Hierarchies.
- Develop Metrics, Derived metrics, Compound metrics and Filters for complex reports.
- Involved in writing Test Cases, procedures, reports and approval of software release.
- Monitoring the project during Development phase and involved in User acceptance testing (UAT) once the change requests are released from system testing.
- Developed Technical requirements, design requirements and user acceptance documentation by placing Screen shots of actual Report and tested report in documentation.
- Deployment of defect free code while managing the timeline set for the project.
Environment: Oracle, PLSQL Developer, ERwin, SQL Developer, MicroStrategy (Desktop/ Server), MS VISIO, Microsoft (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook).
Business Systems Analyst
- Played a key role in gathering and documenting Business requirements and conducted requirement walk-through meetings with key stakeholders.
- Participated in technical walk-through meetings to develop the functional design for the implementation.
- Performed detailed requirement analysis and created data mapping documents
- Acted as liaison between Business Intelligence and Business User groups to relay change requests.
- Performed extensive GAP analysis in the project as there were numerous ‘As-Is’ and ‘To-Be’ conditions.
- Oversee the performance of Design to develop technical solutions from Analysis documents.
- Designed the conceptual data and business process models.
- Identified the key facts and dimensions necessary to support the business requirements. Develop the logical dimensional models.
- Make use of data modelling techniques in designing the data marts project.
- Extensively involved in Data mapping and Data modeling.
- Assisted the DBA in converting the logical models to physical.
- Conduct Design discussions and meetings to come out with the appropriate Data Mart using Kimball Methodology.
- Created views and extracted data from Teradata base tables and uploaded data to oracle staging server from Teradata tables, using fast export concept.
- Managing metadata by mapping dimensions and fact tables of various schemas/data models
- Generated reports like subject area reports, entity relationship diagrams, attribute reports, table reports, column reports, indexing reports, relationship reports using ERwin Tool.
- Perform application testing eg: of loading, reporting interfaces to BDW to verify all systems are in place and operational and the data restored is correct.
- Conducted JAD sessions, design discussions and SOS meetings to come out with the appropriate data mart.
- Created test cases for carrying out unit testing and part of functional testing.
Environment: Erwin, ER/ Studio, DataStage, SSIS, SSRS, Oracle, SQL Plus/ PLSQL, ToadSQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant, TOAD, UNIX, SQL, MS Office (Word, PowerPointAccess, Excel, Visio).
- Involved in Database design, creation and maintenance of Databases.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory & connections by monitoring.
- Created tables and views.
- Created functions, stored procedures, triggers and constraints using T-SQL.
- Monitoring & tuning SQL scripts by performance monitoring. Creating upgrade scripts for production Database and supporting it.
- Server & Application fine-tuning & trouble shooting.
- Wrote maintenance plans and code optimization. Worked on database designing, logical and physical data modeling, worked on large scale data migration using SQL Scripts, stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- Recovered the backups of SQL Server production databases in test server environment.
- Analyzed poorly performing SQL queries to improve application performance.
- Coordinating with peer groups for Network, Infrastructure and DatacenterOperations.
- Built SSRS report to support reporting needs.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, VB 6.0, and XML.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes