- Overall 8 years of experience in analyzing, designing, tuning, and developing Database, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence (BI)database applications and various segments ofSoftware Development Life Cycle usingTableau Reporting, Data Visualization and complex report building using Tableau v7/8 and Cognos.
- Ability to define and develop Report Structure withdata definition, report layout and report definition language.
- Creating and using bat files to execute process and also schedule the same using task schedulers.
- Excellent inrendering reports, managing subscriptions,creating reports in Tableau.
- Excellent in scheduling and deployment of reports in Tableau.
- Hands on experience withDimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Experience in administrative tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, Backup, Recovery and scheduling the backups.
- ExcellentVerbal & Written Communicationskills and strong inDocumentation.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with solid communication and leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
- Proven background improving process quality and providing system automation recommendations and strategies to manage solutions and data efficiently.
- Designed, developed and supported BI solutions, involved in debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting issues/tickets.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non - geographic data.
- Ability to collaborate with peers in both business, and technical areas to deliver optimal business process solutions, in line with corporate priorities.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Proficiency in Tableau functionalities including parameters, calculations, background images, maps, trend lines, statistics, log axes, hierarchies, Blending, Joins, Dual Axes charts, Filters, Sets, Groups, Reference lines and Bins.
- Introduced Tableau to Client's to produce different views of data visualizations and presenting dashboards on web and desktop platforms to End-user and help them make effective business.
- Conducted Gap Analysis, created Use Cases, work flows, screen shots and Power Point presentations for the various applications.
- Experience in training Business users on Tableau through online and in-class sessions.
- Skilled in Tableau Desktop for Analysis, Reporting and data visualization, Cross Map, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts, and Density Chart.
- Working experience in Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP.
- Experienced in SQL programming and creating Tables, Stored Procedures and Triggers, user-defined Functions, Views, Indexes, user profiles and relational database models.
- Competence in generating analytical reports using Slice and Dice, Drill down, Cross Tab, Graph, Parameterized reports using Tableau.
- Good working knowledge in publishing customized dashboards and automation.
- Strong analytical, logical, communication and problem solving skills with ability to work as a team or an individual and quickly adapt to new technologies.
BI Reporting tools: Tableau 8.3/8.2/7.0/6.0 , Cognos 8x
Databases: Oracle 9x/10x/11x, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Linux
ETL tools: Informatica 8.6
Business Modeling tools: IBM Rational Modeler, MS Visio
Project Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, Agile
Other tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Share Point
Confidential, Melville, NY
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements.
- Closely worked with Business Users and acted as the source for IT with the complete business knowledge of the system.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification.
- Involved in JAD sessions with the whole team of Data Modeler, Analysts, and Developers to create a technical flow until reporting.
- Worked with the report development Manager and other team members on report requirements based on existing reports/dashboards in Tableau, timelines, testing, and technical delivery.
- Worked closely with business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Facilitating proof-of-concepts and work with Business Process Experts to show how Tableau can transform Company data into an asset.
- Complete visualizations for assigned activities and publish them to Tableau server.
- Assisting users with questions and issues using Tableau.
- Liaise between business users and Tableau support team.
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards.
- Created Table of Contents (TOC), a common navigation page which had all the links to various reports.
- Make use of filters and making them local and global accordingly.
- Publish the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users who have access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled Full and Incremental Refresh of the underlying data sources while publishing them to the server.
- Involved in the migration project where the Reports from Microstrategy are re-created in tableau using more visualization options available as per end user requirement.
- Analyzed the data in the Microstrategy reports.
- Created Drill-down and navigation features extensively in Tableau Desktop.
- Design and development of various reports and dashboards that can be easily accessible through Tableau App in Ipads, iPhones, and other smart mobile phones.
- Involved in report tuning, caching, specifying query governing thresholds, and report optimizations.
- Actively participated in clarification meeting with the Clients.
- Created Test Cases and documented the Test Results.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Involved in Onsite & Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables.
Environment: Tableau, Teradata SQL Assistant, Microstrategy, SQL, MS Project.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Tableau Developer/ Admin
- Interaction with a diverse group of professionals and gathered user requirements and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping and Design process for various sources and Targets.
- Adhere to good systems agile development methodology.
- Created analytical reports and dashboards using filters, parameters, sets, bins and implemented visualizations with complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Coordinated database middleware issues with DBA's, system performance with System Architects.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Installed patches on server and documented upgrade plan form Tableau 6.0 to Tableau 6.1
- Built complex formulas in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Resolved various performance issues and analyzed the best process distribution for different projects.
- Created and assisted users in Tableau dashboard development.
- Involved in license management SLA's with Tableau support.
- Generated high detail oriented views using multiple measures, Individual Axes, Dual Axes and Custom Geo-coding.
- Develop and maintain dashboards using Tableau Desktop and publish it to Tableau Server to meet business specific challenges.
- Creation of workbooks and dashboards those are accessible on different environments like any browser or tablet. Developed dashboards for calendar year and fiscal year.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Created Stories using Tableau as part of report presentations to Business.
- Extensively worked on issue tracking tools like Succeed etc to resolve the issues rose by Business promptly.
- Created Test Scripts, Test hierarchy to represent the features and functionality that need to be test in the application.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Developed knowledge on certain BI tools like Qlik View helping the End Users to modify the existing Qlik View Visualizations.
- Effective story board development conveying the story in transparent manner to the users.
- Responsible for generating dashboards in Tableau Server using different data sources including Hadoop, Excel, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Distributed Tableau reports using Packaged Workbooks, PDF to authorized user community.
- Responsible for performance optimization by writing SQL overrides.
- Improved performance of tableau dashboards and maintained high level of data integrity.
Environment: Tableau 7.0/8.0, MS Excel, DB2, TOAD, Windows, Qlik View.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Developing complex reports and visualizations using Tableau according to the user requirement.
- Develop data visualizations and interacting with Business users to understand and analyze their requirements.
- Created dashboards by extracting data from different sources.
- Created dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculated fields.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures and also created bins for different measures.
- Connected Tableau server to publish dashboard to a central location for portal integration.
- Implemented data blending in order to merge data from different sources.
- Used and applied actions like filter, highlight and URL to dashboards.
- Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Connected Tableau server with SharePoint portal and setup auto refresh feature.
- Developed local and global filters while preparing worksheets and dashboards in Tableau.
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis in MS Excel.
- Published Tableau Packaged Workbook (.Twbx) in Server.
- Performed Tableau type conversion functions when connected to relational data sources.
- Experience in creating different Tableau workbooks, dashboards including Bars, Histograms, Pie charts, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles and Highlight tables.
- Creating Users, User Groups and Projects through Tableau server Web and assigned roles and permissions for Tableau users.
- Build homepage to navigate to all reports.
- Worked with Tableau Server Extract (.TDE).
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server that allowed end users to understand data in an easy and efficient manner.
- Created Bar Charts which is complied with data sets and added trend lines and forecasting for future predictions.
- Involved in creation and updates of several SQL Indexes, joins, Views, Stored Procedures, triggers and functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Involved in performance tuning by creating and updating stored procedures and triggers.
- Train end client users on Tableau Desktop by providing step-by-step guidance from basics to advanced functions of Tableau including working with calculations, parameters and date functions.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schema and identifying fact and dimensional tables.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
Environment: Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server 7, MS SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Share Point, MS Office 2010/2013.
Confidential, Keller, TX
- Involved in Requirement gathering from Business Users.
- Analyzing the specifications provided by the clients and Developing specification documents for reports as per client requirements.
- Designed and Developed the Framework Manager models and Published into the Cognos Connection.
- Used Cognos 8 Report Studio, Query Studio, and Analysis Studio to design and develop various kind of reports and also worked as an administrator on Cognos suite of products.
- Design & development of multiple reports using various templates like list reports, cross-tab reports and chart reports.
- Developed Standard Reports and Scorecards using Lists, Crosstab Reports, and Charts in Report Studio, Query Studio and Event Studio.
- Created complex dashboards with pie charts, crosstab and Multi prompts in Report Studio.
- Developed various reports using functionalities like Drill through, Master Detail, Render Variables, Conditional Blocking, Cascading Prompts, and Conditional Formatting.
- Worked on Analysis Studio to develop multi-dimensional reporting.
- Performance tuning by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Cognos.
- Used SQL Server Management Tool to check the data in the database as compared to the requirement given.
- Involved in writing Complex SQL queries to improve the performance of the report.
- Testing reports using review checklists for Quality Assurance before delivering to the end users.
- Involved in Deployment to QA, UAT and Production environment.
Environment: Cognos 8.3/8.4 Suite (Cognos Connection, Framework Manger, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Office Connection), Oracle 10g, Cognos Access Manger.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
Business Analyst/Cognos Consultant
- Responsible for defining the scope and business rules of the project, gathering business requirements, and document them textually or using models.
- Interacted with cross functional teams to facilitate gathering of business requirements.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Analyzed Business Requirements, performed GAP analysis and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams and Robustness Diagram using Rational Rose.
- Involved in Change Management Configuration using Rational Clear-Quest.
- Worked with the Business Users through interviews and JAD(Joint Application Development) sessions.
- Performed UAT testing of the requirements. Testing for checking the data flow of the application using SQL.
- Involved in preparing flow diagrams for the decision logic using Visio tool.
- Involved with regular walkthroughs and meeting to discuss bottlenecks in the system and possible solutions with the development team.
- RUP process model was used for the different phases of the application development of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Conduct daily build validation and report status to product and QA team.
- Designed the application using UML.
- Recommended and coordinated development efforts and enhancements
- Generation of the UML Collaboration and Sequence Diagrams for specifying the call flow.
- Worked on Data Mapping for the models for data transformation.
- Worked with project managers, business analysts and end users to understand business requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Involved in analyzing and documenting functional and technical requirements to develop packages and reports.
- Developed standard/complex reports and analytics to meet the needs of business analysts and business users.
- Built ad-hoc reports using prompts and parameters in Report Studio and Query Studio.
- Extensive use of master-detail reports using repeaters and repeater tables.
- Customized reports by adding Filters, Prompts, Calculations, Summaries and Functions.
- Created Reports using multiple data providers like Packages, Personal data files, Stored Procedures and Free Hand SQL.
- Bursting reports to different user groups.
- Moved applications from one server to other using Deployment Manager and also published packages using Framework Manager.
- Involved in full development of life cycle (SDLC) within Cognos reporting Framework from developing business requirements to production environment.
- Provided the prompts, filters, drill up/drill down in Query Studio.
- Created different types of reports like predefined Filters for the Ad hoc users, List, Cross-tab, Chart, Drill-Through and Master-Detail Reports for production using report studio.
Environment: Cognos 8.3 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis studio), Oracle 10g, Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Rational Tools, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Microsoft Access.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Worked on complete SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) including system analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding and testing.
- Created various SQL and PL/SQL scripts for verification of the required functionality.
- Created Stored Procedures, functions, Data base triggers, Packages, cursors and SQL Scripts based on business requirements. Developed Triggers and shell Scripts to load the staging tables.
- Creation of database objects like Tables, Views, Procedures using Oracle tools like SQL*Plus and SQL Developer.
- Modified existing codes, PL/SQL Packages to perform certain specialized functions and enhancements on Oracle Application.
- Involved in Index Monitoring for identifying the Unused Indexes.
- PL/SQL Collections were extensively used for high performance of stored procedures.
- Developed Shell and PL/SQL scripting for regular maintenance and production support to load the data in regular intervals.
- Applying constraints and writing triggers to apply the business rules.
- Involved in handling errors and transaction processing in the procedures.
- Involved in data loading from flat files, into oracle database using SQL* loader.
- Involved in Bulk loading of data from non-Oracle data sources using SQL * Loader.
- Worked with Indexes to avoid full table scans on large tables for the fast retrieval of data.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL, PLSQL, SQL*Loader, UNIX Shell script, TOAD.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes