- Over 7 years of IT experience in Design, Development, Integration, Implementation and Maintenance of MS Business Intelligence and Tableau Platforms.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 6/7/8.
- Strong experience in SQL Server development, System Analysis, Design, Development and Support of MS SQL Server 2012, 2008, 2005 and 2000.
- Extensive experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including normalization, stored procedures, constraints, querying, joins, keys, indexes, data import/export, triggers and cursors.
- Experienced in SQL Server Business intelligence tools like SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Well versed in query optimization for performance tuning and monitoring of processes.
- Expert in creating universes on OLAP SAP BW, Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, DB2
- Extensive knowledge on visualization of data and knowledge of tools such as tableau.
- Worked on complex KPI scorecards, heat maps, tree views, circle views, bar charts etc... Data visualizations and interactive dashboard which helped business get a good handle on the team's productivity.
- Worked on different table calculations for different Scorecards.
- Published dashboards on Tableau public.
- Worked closely with Tableau support team during tableau server upgrades to 8.1
- Worked on data blending and increased the dashboard performance by extracting data .
- Worked on Data Model design, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading, Mappings & Workflows, Customized Analytics Reports.
- Deployed tableau server in clustered environment by adding worker machines.
- Broad experience in resolving universe issues like Loops and Traps using Alias and context.
- In - depth knowledge in building/maintaining Repository, Universes and creating adhoc reports.
- Working in both Semantic layers of Business objects like Universes and Business views as Data source for Crystal reports.
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Strong analytical, logical, Communication and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
Programming Languages: T-SQL, XML, Oracle
Business Intelligence tools: Tableau, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS/SSRS), Informatica Power Center 7.1/8.6/9.1, Web intelligence, Xcelsius 2008 and Crystal Reports 2008 XI.
Data Base: Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, MS Access, Teradata
Operating Systems: XP, Windows NT / 2000. Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2, Linux
SDLC tools: Perforce, Team foundation Server (TFS), HP Quality center
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Sr. BI/Tableau Report Developer
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked on motion chart, Bubble chart, Drill down analysis using tableau desktop for BML eBay & PayPal. Worked on various data sources such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server,DB2
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and dashboard using KPI’s.
- Created and documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Enterprise Monitoring.
- Installed Tableau Server 7.0 in Dev, QA, UAT and Prod environments.
- Installed patches on the server and documented upgrade plan from tableau 8.0 to 8.1
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop Expert in generating complex, dashboard reports, adhoc, business views along with user acceptance test and data accuracy test.
- Access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Coordinated database middleware issues with DBA's, system performance with System Architects.
- Involved in license management SLA's with Tableau support.
- Converted existing Crystal Reports and Xcelsius into Tableau Dashboards
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Extensively used Tab admin and Tab cmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.0/7.0, Tableau server / Administrator, tabcmd, SQL developer, SQL 2012,Oracle 10g, DB2, Microsoft Excel 2007, MS Access, Windows 2007 server, Microsoft office 2007.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Tableau Report Developer
- Involved in requirement gathering/analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects
- Analysis the metric dashboard reports and identified the formulas and functionality of the dashboard reports and digitizing the metric dashboards to Tableau application.
- Published the dashboard reports to Tableau Server for navigating the developed dashboards in web.
- Scheduled the published dashboards from Tableau Server on weekly basis.
- Sending the dashboards to users by emails with the help of admin team with subscriptions.
- Performance tuning of Reports by creating Linked Universes, Joins, Contexts, Aliases for resolving loops and checked the integrity of the universes using Business Objects Designer module during development.
- Given training/demos to users on Tableau Desktop for development.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Created Data Connections, published on Tableau Server for usage with Operational/Monitoring Dashboards.
- Administered user groups and scheduled instances for reports in tableau.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Built complex formulas in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Resolved various performance issues and analyzed the best process distribution for different projects.
Environment: Tableau Server 6, Tableau Desktop 6, MYSQL Server, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, Excel, UNIX, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g, Toad,MS Office, Visual Studio 2010.
Confidential, Plainville, CT
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification.
- Worked with the report development Manager and other team members on report requirements based on exiting reports/dashboards in Business Objects, timelines, testing, and technical delivery.
- Worked closely with business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards.
- Creating Backup scripts to take periodic backups for the content on Tableau server.
- Make use of filters and making them local and global accordingly.
- Publish the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
- Responsible to facilitate load testing and benchmarking the developed product with the set performance standards.
- Provided customer support to Tableau users and Wrote Custom SQL to support business requirements
- Involved in report tuning, caching, specifying query governing thresholds, and report optimizations
- Actively participated in clarification meeting with the Clients.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.1/8.0/ 7.0 SQL Server 2008/2012, Info view, Windows 2008 Server
Confidential, Memphis, TN
SQL Server Developer
- Created SSIS Packages.
- Perform database consistency checks at regular intervals.
- Monitor SQL Server activity through profiler.
- Developed stored procedures used by application developers for displaying reports.
- Modified existing database by adding tables and establishing the relationships using constraints.
- Created Data Models using Erwin tool.
- Created several stored procedures to Archive the old data in the database.
- Wrote custom T-SQL Stored procedures to improve performance, preserve referential integrity, and provide additional application functionality for maintaining hierarchal data.
- Knowledge of Database Performance Monitoring tools.
- Migration from SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2008
- Maintained and improved high availability and disaster recovery strategies for the database and fail-over methods.
- Monitored Server Activity and Performance.
- Developed reports using complex formulas to query the database to generate different types of ad-hoc reports using Crystal Reports.
- Experience working with ASP.NET as frontend team.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in TSQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
- Involved in testing, bug fixing and documentation for the project
- Scheduled jobs for Backup, and created alerts for error reporting.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, Excel, Erwin, Windows 2008/XP, Visual Studio, Crystal Reports.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in implementation and scheduling of the backup and maintenance strategy on the development server.
- Created Stored Procedures and Database objects.
- Responsible for backups/restores, designing DTS packages and maintenance.
- Reviewed and optimized SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers to achieve maximum efficiency and scalability.
- Daily Database backups and integrity checking.
- Data Transfer (using DTS) from Development to Testing and to Production Servers.
- Designed and created Stored Procedures, Tables Views and DTS packages for existing SQL Server Databases.
- Involved in Data Migration and used DTS to import and export data into tables using SQL Server 2000/2005, creating tables, views and Stored Procedures using SQL Server.
- Fine-tuned queries for the performance of reports which were being deployed in Crystal Reports.
- Wrote Stored Procedures for Reporting purposes and developed various reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Used T-SQL to create various queries.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows NT/2000 server, Crystal Reports.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes