- Over 8+ years of extensive IT Experience as a Data Analyst, Business Systems Analyst in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications in Banking, Financial, Retail and Healthcare industries.
- 5+ years of experience in working with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 9.x/8.x/7.x.
- Experience gathering customer requirements, writing test cases and partnering with developers to ensure full understanding of internal/external customer needs.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- In depth understanding of the “As - Is and To-Be” business processes and experience in converting these requirements into Technical Specifications for preparing Test Plans.
- Experience in Tableau Server Installation and Configuration, creating users, groups, projects, providing access levels.
- Employed various Tableau functionalities like Tableau Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Contexts, Data Source Filters, Actions, Functions, Trends, Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Calculations, Data Blending and Maps etc.,
- Expertise in Performance Tuning Tableau Dashboards and Reports built on huge Data sources.
- Extensive experience in creating logical tables and columns, Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, Time series data for complex data analysis.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantt charts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Expertise in analysis, design and implementation of data warehousing/ BI solutions using Teradata, Oracle Informatica, Micro Strategy, Tableau, Unix technologies.
- Expertise in web integration of Tableau Reports with HTML or Asp.Net.
- Outstanding Data analysis skills including Data mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing and processing, writing data extract scripts/programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems.
- Proficient Star Schema dimensional modeling, which include understanding business processes, modeling dimensions, hierarchies and facts.
- Experience in development of user defined reports to provide on demand data analysis using excel and created charts and pivot tables in Excel.
- Working knowledge of performance improvement measures including aggregate tables, Indexes and Explain plan.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries to perform End-to-End ETL validations and support Ad-hoc business requests.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member and individually.
BI Tools: Tableau 9.X/8.X/7.X (Desktop, Server, Reader), SSRS
ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS
Requirement Management: Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst, Lotus Notes
Document management: Visual Source Safe 6.0, Share point, Ultra Edit, Documentum
Defect management tool: Test Director, HP Quality center
RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access.
Scripting Languages: SQL, HTML, CSS, Java script
Operating systems: Windows 7/XP, Windows Server 2012/2008, UNIX/Linux.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Sr. Tableau Developer/Sr. Data Analyst
- Involved in full project lifecycle of SDLC and coordinated with all project teams.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts & End Users and gathered business requirements.
- Responsible for writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications Document (FRD).
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing system, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Ensured on-time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
- Designed and developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop, allowing executive management to view past, current and forecast sales data.
- Created multiple Visualization reports/dashboards using Dual Axes charts, Histograms, Filled map,
- Bubble chart, Bar chart, Line chart, Tree map, Box and Whisker Plot, Stacked Bar etc.,
- Created and administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau Server.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Extensive experience in creating dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Created advanced analytical dashboards using Reference Lines, Bands and Trend Lines.
- Mastered in different formatting techniques, using Annotations and Mark Label.
- Developed effective and interactive Dashboards using Parameters and Actions.
- Setting the user permissions in Tableau Sever.
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Prepared proof of concept for best practices in Tableau deployment.
- Expertise in providing business solutions by analyzing various trends, risks and patterns in the data using interactive reports.
- Extensive use of advanced filters, groups, actions, complex calculations in Tableau Desktop
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Created dashboards and reports for ad-Hoc Reporting.
- Played an important role in coordination with the entire team and managing the time estimates for the entire project.
- Used SQL tools like Toad and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and marts.
- Provided post implementation production support.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/ Server), Teradata, SQL developer, MS SQL Server, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, Toad, MS Access, Windows 2007 server
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Tableau Developer/Sr. Data Analyst
- Interacted with the stakeholders by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Collaborated with Enterprise Architecture, IT leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, Solution and made recommendation.
- Worked with Project team to determine technical and development impact of a project.
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documenting them textually or within models
- Gathering and documenting the requirements that are critical to the business mission and using those requirements to design application software.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Worked with Source system Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped. Used SQL for data mapping and querying.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables, slides and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Interact professionally with diverse group of professionals in the organization including managers and executives.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Created reports and dashboards using Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes, Groups, hierarchies, Sets.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop method and access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created new Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server.
- Experience in standardizing Tableau for shared service deployment.
- Extensively used data blending, embed functionalities in Tableau.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau and Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Created users, groups, projects, Data connections, and settings as a tableau administrator.
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries highly recommended.
Environment: Tableau Desktop / Serve, Teradata, Informatica, MS SQL Server, Toad, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, UNIX, Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst
- Interacted with business to collect and understand Requirements.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements by communicating with the business on non-technical level and with the System Analyst on technical level.
- Arranged walkthrough sessions with the user group and to confirm that all the requirements have been captured and obtained sign off on the requirements documents.
- Identified the key facts and dimensions necessary to support the business requirements. Develop the logical dimensional models.
- Conducted and participated in JAD sessions with the users, modelers, and developers for resolving issues.
- Performed source data quality assessments and created source to target mapping documentation defining source rules, target rules, and data transformations for various ETL packages in SSIS.
- Created Data Definitions and help maintain Metadata repository.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Building, publishing, customizedinteractive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both tableau and excel.
- Worked on motion chart, Bubble chart, Drill down analysis using tableau desktop.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like text tables, bar, pie, tree maps, heat maps, line charts, pivot tables, combination charts in excel and SSRS.
- Involved in created stored procedures, views, and custom SQL queries to import data from SQL server to tableau / SSRS.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Tested reports and uploaded tableau dashboards on to server and provided production support for tableau users.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode and best practices for Tableau report development.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/ Server), MS SQL Server 2008, Excel, SQL, PL-SQL, TSQL, UNIX, SQL Server 2008, SQL BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS), MS Office, Visual Studio 2010
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Wrote program to export as text files or PDF to outside Business Users.
- Utilized SQL Queries, stored procedures, packages, used defined functions, views, cursors using Toad or SQL Developer to present data on the reports such as sales information, deposit and payout and their incentive compensation information.
- Created mid to complex Reports (Oracle data sources) with one or more of the following features to support statistical and operational business needs, Grouping, Sorting, Drill-down Dynamic Parameter prompts, Sub reports or Crosstab summaries
- Developed Drill down Reports, Linked Reports, sub reports and Parameterized Reports Created formulas and/or used statistical or financial functions for reports as needed.
- Used SQL stored procedures, created alias data tables as required to improve report performance.
- Created Stored Procedures and Views as data sources using Oracle databases for reports.
- Wrote different queries and stored procedures to make our daily data verification and conversion processes faster, more accurate and automated.
- Used Optimizer HINT for tuning SQL and PL/SQL queries rewrite most of them for efficiency Worked with DBMS PROFILER to tune PL/SQL Procedures.
- Involved in preparing and executing SQL code deployments (DDL/DML) with application rollout teams into QA/Production environments.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Indexes and developed Complex database objects including
- Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL with exception handling Used SQL extensively by using Joins, Sub Queries, Set Operations, and Advanced OLAP Functions.
- Implementing performance tuning methods to resolve issues and bottlenecks. Identifying long running queries and performing performance tuning.
- Created trigger to collect the trace files to get login information.
- Created Materialized Views and partitioning tables for performance reasons.
- Used cursor, ref cursor, bulk collect and bulk insert (BULK BINDING) in procedure to reduce its execution time.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SSRS, SSIS, XML, T-SQL, .NET, MS Word and Excel, SQL Profiler, Toad.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures using SSRS.
- Used complex expressions to group data, filter and parameterize reports.
- Created linked reports and managed snapshots using SSRS.
- Performed various calculations using complex expressions in the reports and created report models.
- Generated Complex SSRS reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Snapshot reports Drill-down Reports, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and ad hoc reports using SSRS based on Business Requirement Document.
- Conducted performance tuning of complex SQL queries and stored procedures by using SQL Profiler and index tuning wizard.
- Provided Production support to analyze and fix the problems and errors on daily basis by modifying SSIS Packages and Stored Procedure if necessary.
- Designed and developed Tables, Stored procedures, Triggers and SQL scripts using TSQL, Perl and Shell scripting for enhancements and maintenance of various database modules
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integrating Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, T-SQL
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes