- Senior Financial and Business Analyst with 10+ years of experience with Fortune 100 companies in both the retail and high - tech industries.
- Adept at developing operational metrics and reports to monitor trends, identify issues, and evaluate existing processes and models.
- Highly skilled at utilizing multiple databases and tools to generate various standardized and ad-hoc reports.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Area of expertise include:
- Reporting & Analysis Budgeting & Forecasting Financial Modeling Data Integrity Validation Business Intelligence Tools Month-End Close
- Operational Metrics Research & Problem Resolution GAAP Procedures Strategic Planning Cross-Functional Collaboration Expense Reduction
- Supported a $100M sales increase during two year tenure at Safeway.
- Helped improve the financial reporting run-time from 4 hours to 1 hour by transitioning to a more efficient reporting process.
- Collaborated with the Accounting Department at Hewlett Packard to develop solutions that ensure both departments consistently meet closing deadlines.
- Recipient of the Certificate of Excellence Award in 2014 from Safeway for supporting the team in driving sales and business profits.
- Generated and reported all of Hewlett Packard’s reported Americas Operations’ expenses, including headcounts, and helped the team exceed their aspired goal by 10%.
- Consulted on the use of new business intelligence tools at Hewlett Packard that enhanced business performing reporting; trained the marketing and operations team on the new tool, resulting in faster and better-informed business decisions and improved productivity.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Financial Analyst II
- Provide business performance reports and analysis for a $2.4 billion net-sales-per-year marketing business group.
- Support planning, budgeting, and forecasting efforts and generate financial models.
- Help Category Directors attain sales and profit goals by providing timely financial information and vendor scorecards.
- Contribute input and directions during the yearly strategic planning process.
- Perform data integrity validations by using multiple data sources.
- Generate standard and ad-hoc reports on the performance of regular sales and promotions.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Supported the budgeting process and ensured the integrity of operating expenses and their allocations to business groups.
- Evaluated and implemented expense reduction projects.
- Participated in SLA government council meetings and provided financial insight in the prioritization of initiatives and investments.
- Prepared financial packages showing actual, budget, and forecast of various teams.
- Helped cut the month-end close processing period from 5 to 4 days.
- Contributed to the Americas Revenue and Channel Inventory Reporting.
- Provided decision support and analysis for the HP Business Store, a $240M annual revenue E-commerce subsidiary.
- Consulted on the use of eBusiness information to facilitate project evaluations.
- Performed data integrity validation of new tools or applications.
- Maintained the web content and pricing of the HP Business Store eCommerce site.
- Monitored flow of data between various databases to ensure data accuracy.
- Partnered with IT to identify and resolve data issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (V-lookup, Pivot, Macro), PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
- Experienced using Business Object, SAP BW, SQL, TM1, Microstrategy, Teradata, and Essbase (Hyperion).
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes