- Professional individual with 13 Years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Support of Cognos BI Applications including Cognos 10.x, 8.x Cognos Series 7.
- Extensive experience with the Cognos 10.x, 8.x Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and good knowledge on Metric Studio , Cognos ReportNet 1.x Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio Impromptu Administrator, Impromptu Web Reports IWR , PowerPlay, Transformer, PowerPlay Enterprise Server OLAP .
- Expertise in Version Upgradation of Cognos suite such as Cognos 7.3 and Migrating ReportNet reports and Impromptu into Cognos 8 BI using Migration Utilities.
- Strong knowledge in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and ER Modeling, Maintain Database Schemas like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema used in relational and dimensional modeling.
- Expertise in creating Presentation/Business Layers in Framework Manager Metadata models and published packages to Cognos Connection in Cognos 10/8x and ReportNet.
- Hands-on experience in building Multidimensional Cubes using Power Play and Transformer.
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise wide Reporting strategies utilizing Business Intelligence BI , Data Warehouse, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Mining techniques and extensive skills in OLTP/OLAP.
- Primarily efficient in analysis, design and development specialized in business applications Business Intelligence by utilizing BI Tools like Tableau, Crystal Reports and MS Excel
- Extensive experience in creating Excel Dashboards
- Knowledge and hands on experience in Cognos TM1.
- Extensive experience using various data sources such as Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, DB2, MS Access and Flat Files Data.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehousing tools including , Informatica, and Data Modeling Tools like Erwin using Oracle, MS SQL Server databases
- Experience in implementing the complex business rules by creating transformation, re-usable transformations and developing complex Data Mappings, SQL Stored Procedure, and Triggers
- Proficient in using best practices to support the reporting activities. Adept in using performance tuning and optimization techniques such as load balancing, table weighing, and partitioning.
- Strong Writing and documentation skills for management, development and control of documentation.
- Managing and supporting multiple projects per iteration
- Strong knowledge in using Agile, Kanban, Lean and waterfall for software development
- Implementing software development life cycle policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in teams, Self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment that demands multi-tasking.
- Experience in working with off-shore team, onsite support teams and Knowledge transfer.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks, strong leadership qualities, and flexible in work schedules.
- Excellent analytical, co-ordination, interpersonal, leadership, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Applications and Systems Knowledge
Operating Systems: Windows 7,Windows Server 2003, Windows XP/2000/NT Servers, Windows 95/98/NT/Me/XP/Vista Workstations, MS DOS
Databases: Oracle 11/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2, Teradata, Netezza, MS Access 97/2000/2007,Mysql,MangoDB,Cassandra
Application Servers: IIS, Apache, Citrix MetaFrame
Financial Applications: Merit, CREST, Peter Evans, CMS, Bloomberg ,Tally ,Minitab, PACE Eagle
Flow Diagrams: MS Visio, Igrafx
Project Management and Case Tools: MS Project, Agility, RequisitePro, Clearcase
Development Methods: Agile, waterfall, Kanban
Business Intelligence Tools: Cognos 10.X/8.X Framework manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Workspace, Cognos Workspace Advance, Cognos Insight, Event Studio, Cognos Connection, Power play, Metric Studio , Cognos TM19.4/9.5,Cognos ReportNet 1.1 Report Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager Cognos 7.x series Impromptu, Power play, Power play Transformer, Power play Enterprise Server, Upfront, Impromptu Web Reports and Cognos Controller ,Cognos SDK
ETL: IBM Datastage, Informatica
Scheduling :Control-M, Content management: Share Point
CRM: Siebel CRM Other BI Tools: Tableau, Google Analytics, OBIEE,
SPSS, Crystal Reports, Hyperion and SSRS
Project Profiles and Employment History
Position: Lead Business intelligence Developer/BA
- Team Lead, implementing Cognos BI application and managing all process and activities at client end, analyzing user's requirements, developing test schedules, reviewing testing plans, tracking and documenting the development and results of these plans.
- Report to the Corporate EBS Enterprise Business Solution . Manage technical support for Cognos BI applications including report analysis, development, maintenance, and report migration. Work with project teams to ensure that new standards and practices are defined correctly and integrated into the corporate systems. Responsible for 27/7 support.
- Expertise in building Cognos BI solutions including dashboards, score cards, and analysis capabilities.
- Developed Standard Templates, Dashboard Reports, Standard Reports, Charts, and Drill through Reports, Master-detail conditional formatting reports using Report Studio and Query Studio. Working experience with different date functions in Report studio.
- Developed interactive Dashboards using in-report prompts, custom portal pages and portal communication techniques.
- Created Prompts, Calculations, Filters, developing Prompt pages and Conditional Variables using Report Studio.
- Responsible in creating reports using Active Reports in Cognos 10.1 using Report Studio and Converted existing reports to an Active Report in Cognos 10.1
- Involved in creating Cognos Business Insight in Cognos 10.1
- Integrated Cognos TM1 with Cognos BI and performed BI Reporting
- Developed budget, forecast and adjustment planning reports in Cognos BI using TM1 data source
- Scheduling and Distributing Reports through Schedule Management in Cognos Connection. Involved in Performance Tuning the reports in Report Studio
- Working with Framework Manager to Build Models Semantic layers, Cardinality, Relationships, Query subjects , Packages and publish packages to Cognos connection and implemented security for the packages and developed multidimensional models DMR and published packages using framework manager
- Development of ETL processes based upon complex SQL queries retrieving data from various sources for creating dimensions and cubes.
- Created Cubes MOLAP/ROLAP using IQD's which were built in Framework manager
- Created and supported Cognos Transformer models and cubes. Involved in implemented security at transformer level by creating custom views.
- Used Cognos Event Studio to manage scripts, cubes refreshes, report runs and notifications
- Deployed Reports, Packages and Folders from DEV to UAT and from UAT to Prod environment.
- Designing, developing, and testing to upgrade and migrate a current Cognos implementation into current Cognos version 10.1
- Involved and supported SharePoint and Cognos integration
- Created Tableau Reports and Dashboards for fund risk analysis
- Converted Crystal reports to Cognos BI Reports
- Create Excel macro Dashboard on regular basis
- Performed Cognos administrative tasks including security, user accounts and deployments
- Testing and validate the Report output against database to measure performance of reports and Involved in Performance Tuning.
- Coded Stored procedures and PL/SQL scripts to load, update data tables
- Expertise in writing complex SQL and PL/SQL statements
- As a Business Intelligence Analyst I am involved in various business operations and helped the organization to achieve cost-effective production with increased quality, efficiency and satisfied Client service. Involved in documenting the business process by identifying the requirements. Due to my wide knowledge in Business Intelligence, I have to support the application, create and deliver training programs and solve problems including troubleshooting of operational/data issues.
- Conducted the JAD sessions to get the requirements
- Interacts with the Clients for requirement gathering and analyzing the specifications provides by the clients and Working with clients and coordinating with BI team to understand and capture data/reporting requirements, and developing specification documents for reports as per requirements.
- Interacts with the business leaders and end users to identify areas to leverage Business Intelligence
- Develop and maintain documentation.
- Participating in planning, analysis, and implementation of solutions in support of business objectives.
- Support IT strategies and initiatives to achieve an optimum integration level of business systems and data, as well as communication regarding technology solutions, leveraging cross-functional systems, resources, and development efforts
- Performed and unit tested, systems integration SIT and user acceptance testing UAT both independently and in support of formal testing teams
- Facilitate scrum grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc. on need basis
- Manage backlog, prioritize resolution of defects/bugs, Monitor and update regularly Burn down charts
- Prepare weekly project status reports and keep management informed of project status and related issues
Position: Lead Cognos Developer
- Work closely with clients to understand, gather and document Business Requirements and develop technical specifications and deployed efficient Business Intelligence solutions.
- Interacts with Management and Development teams to gather Business requirements for new models.
- Work Extensive with Framework Manager in creating Business views from Oracle based Data Warehouse, Cognos Cubes, Excel Spreadsheets and Flat Files. The objective is to have a single reporting front end and make the underlying data source transparent to the end user.
- Create packages in Framework Manager and manage the Cognos Connection Security using Capabilities restricting access by Roles and Groups and Implementing Data level, Object level and Package level security depending on the security needs of the target end users.
- Migration of existing Crystal Reports to Cognos 8.4.
- Assist in the ongoing migration of the Cognos environment from Cognos v7 to a consolidated Cognos v8 environment in the new data center and migrated existing Cognos series 7 applications to Cognos 8.4.
- Create Dashboards, Drill Through, Trends Analysis and Metrics Scorecards using Report and Analysis Studio and Metrics Designer and Metrics Studio.
- Responsible for creating custom Dashboard pages using Cognos portlets.
- Use Cognos SDK for customizing and integrating Cognos reports on the company's Intranet Portal.
- Work on Performance Tuning of Cognos to confirm that the Reporting System was performing at its optimum level of performance.
- Created Tableau Reports and KPI Dashboards
- Deploy the Reports, Packages dashboards from testing environment to production environment.
- Create multi-dimensional cubes using Power Play Transformer and deploy the same along with reports using PowerPlay Enterprise Server.
- Create Calculated Measures in Transformer and maintained Dimension level Security for Cubes in Power Play Transformer.
- Modify complex reports to reflect the users ever changing requirements to present the data at different slices.
- Remove hard coding in scripts wherever possible to keep the application generic in the volatile environment.
- Train users group to create, edit, and modify and customize the reports.
Environment: COGNOS 8.4/10 Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Transformer, Framework Manager, Metric Studio, Metric Manager , Cognos Impromtu 6.0/7.0, Go-Office, Oracle 11g, Excel, Access, MS SQL 2008, SharePoint, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Hyperion.
Position: Sr. Cognos Developer
- Responsible for complete range of BI capabilities: report, analysis, score card, dashboards and business event management.
- Develop Framework Manager Models with physical layer, business layer, and presentation layer.
- Expertise in deployment import, export of Cognos Reports from different environment.
- Fine-tune the queries for performance purpose and enhanced the performance of the reports.
- Manage scheduling of reports, distribution lists, users groups and roles using Cognos Connection in Cognos 8.
- Create and Run Schedule Reports and Jobs using Schedule Management in Cognos Connection.
- Work on performance tuning and optimization techniques such as load balancing, table weighing and partitioning.
- Provide Security data level, object level and package access level .
- Monitor Audit Reporting based on users, reports, and packages.
- Create Static Choice value prompts, Conditional Variables Boolean and String and Conditional Blocks associated with these variables to display/hide columns and queries based on user's selection in Prompt page.
- Develop Complex reports from technical specifications like Dynamic Grouping, Dynamic Sorting, Conditional Formatting and Pre Select Columns.
- Develop different kinds of List Reports using calculations and Drill Through, Drill Down in different formats PDF, HTML, XML, and Excel which contains Filters and Multiple Prompts Select Search prompt, value prompt, and tree prompt and provided option for Bursting of Reports.
- Provide production support for existing Reports and Cubes in a timely manner.
- Perform comprehensive Unit testing by comparing the Cognos reports against the database using SQL and documented the same.
- Involve in System and Integration testing as required to provide a quality product.
- Provide technical support, training, and mentoring to Users and Business Partners and a part of Cognos User Group Advisor.
Environment: COGNOS 10/8.4/8.3 Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Transformer, Framework Manager , Cognos 8.4 Go-Office, Oracle 10g, DB2, Siebel CRM, Cognos SDK.
Position: Sr. Cognos Developer/ETL
- Analyze the functionality and business requirement and transforms the Functional Design Document into Technical Design Document.
- Conducted the JAD sessions and business trips to the user location to get the requirements
- Develop dimensionally model relational for Standard Reporting, Ad-hoc reporting and for Multi Dimensional Analysis using multi layer Approach and Modeling best Practices to meet the reporting requirements.
- Rationalize existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Create Model Query Subjects, Data Source Query Subjects, Stand alone and Embedded Filters to implement the complex business logic.
- Involve in design and development of security architecture to meet the business needs.
- Implement internal Cognos Security - Column Level, Row Level Security using Security tables to secure sensitive data with Security Filter, Macros, Session Parameters and Parameter Maps.
- Develop hierarchies and measures to support Ad-hoc Reporting, Multi Dimensional Reporting.
- Implement various reporting Techniques like Drill up, Drill down and Drill through Functionality, Conditional Formatting, Conditional Blocks, Conditional Layouts, Dynamic Grouping and Sorting, Master-Detail and secure the reports and folders to specific user groups.
- Ensure ambiguous relationships are resolved and implement model enhancement techniques to improve model performance.
- Generate SQL/MDX and analyzed Cognos SQL, Native SQL to trouble shoot the report issues.
- Involve in tuning the performance of reports using performance tuning techniques and ensured that reports run faster.
- Involved in design and development ETL mappings and Fine-tuned existing Informatica maps for performance optimization
- Creation of Transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier Transformations in the Informatica
- Involve with Scheduling and Distributing reports through Schedule Management in Cognos Connection and Burst reports to different user groups
Environment: Cognos 8.4 Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio , Cognos PP 8, Oracle 10g, Windows XP, Informatica Power Center 8.6, Data Manager, TOAD
Position: Sr. Cognos Developer/Admin
- Involved in understanding existing Business Model and Customer requirements by participating in the Design Phase and user requirement gathering and documenting the requirements in order to design, develop and maintain Cognos reports.
- Retrieved the data from different databases like Dbase, Access, and SQL Server 2005 and created a data mart.
- Involved in modeling star schema / snowflake schema as for the user requirement using Framework Manager also created models using different hierarchies.
- Implemented Data Level Security through Framework Manager.
- Responsible for security at package level and object level in Framework Manager and restricted usage of data at report level and folder level in Cognos Connection.
- Developing Chart Reports, Drill Through Reports, Master Detail Reports and Multiple Reports and dash Board.
- Rationalize existing systems and procedures to maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Data extractions from multiple accounting environments for the purpose of providing consolidated financial results on a /weekly/monthly basis.
- Creating Conditional formatting, Prompts, calculations and Filters of the reports.
- Developed Standard and reusable templates using Report Studio.
- Created HR, sales and financial reports.
- Bursting Reports in Cognos Environment and sending by mail.
- Exporting packages from development to production environment using Cognos Content Administration.
- Providing technical assistance, training and mentoring to Users and Business Partners.
- Involved in installation and configuration of Cognos 8.4.
- Set up Security by creating Namespaces and User Provided Privileges to the Users and User Groups.
- Used the Scheduling Management option in the Cognos connection to schedule the reports.
- Involved with Scheduling and Distributing Reports through Schedule Management in Cognos Connection and Bursting reports to different user groups.
- Involved in creation of mappings to the reports depending on users, groups and roles.
Environment: Cognos 8.4 Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio , Oracle 10g, MS Access , IIS, Apache, JM2000,windows XP/Vista.
Position: Cognos Developer/Business Analyst
- Designing Functional Requirement Specifications for Report development, Modified relationships between different database tables and building models using Framework Manager.
- Working on Framework Manager to import data from heterogeneous data sources and creating models packages as per business requirement.
- Implemented package, object and data security in Framework Manager.
- Edited the governor settings and session parameters using Framework Manager.
- Developed drill-through, roll-up and drill-down reports using dimensional data sources.
- Run, view and analyze the reports in different formats, testing the reports for data accuracy and consistency and testing all the reports with Generated SQL and Manual SQL data.
- Tested the reports developed in Report Studio and verified the data in TOAD and comparing the results.
- Involved with Scheduling and Distributing Reports through Schedule Management.
- Deployment of packages, folders and Reports from Development environment to Production environment using Content Administrator.
- Helped and trained the users in developing simple reports using Query Studio.
- Resolved the issues in existing reports and successfully documented the changes.
Environment: Cognos 8.3 Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Transformer , Oracle 9i, MSSQL 2005, TOAD, Windows XP
Position: Cognos Developer
- Interacted with the users to gather the requirements and developed the reports in order to fit the needs.
- Developed several Impromptu catalogs and created several Impromptu Reports out of it.
- Developed simple and complex reports using Impromptu and presented the results to the users. Created user classes, catalog, prompts conditions, calculations in Impromptu.
- Restricted user access to the reports with help of User Class Privileges.
- Improved the performance by using table weighting, query performance, client server balancing. Published Impromptu reports to Upfront and made them available to users.
- Enhanced reports by sorting, grouping, associating columns, and customizing data with adding calculations, summaries, and functions.
- Developed Powerplay cubes using Transformer 7.4 and analyzed it using Powerplay.
- Sliced and diced several powerplay reports.
Environment: Cognos 7.4 Impromptu, PowerPlay, PowerPlay Transformer, PowerPlay Enterprise Server, Upfront , Oracle 8i, UNIX, Windows
Position: Payroll Analyst
- Understanding client need and software requirement Specifications.
- Generation every month payroll.
- Prepared periodic statement and auditing reports using Tally and developed data tables using MS Access.
Environment: Visual Basic, Visual FoxPro, Oracle, tally, MS Access and Windows 95