- Eight plus (8+) years of experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement elicitation, BRD, FRD, Business Process Modeling (BPMN), Quality Assurance in diverse systems such as Application Development System such as Identity Management, Active Directory, CRM, and Business Intelligence/ Data Warehousing tools such as Big Data, Cognos, SAAS, Informatica.
- Professional experience and domain knowledge of Banking and Retail with an aptitude to learn new domains and indepth knowledge about subdomains such Mortgage, E - commerce, Brokerage, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, and Credit Cards or Debit Cards¸.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Rapid Application Development (RAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Conducted project based research to identify and analyse Stakeholders (Stakeholder Analysis), and helped project manager to create Scope and Vision document.
- Assisted Project Manager in determining the risk, feasibility, and performed Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats analysis (SWOT analysis) in any given project to solve the risk according to their probability and impact (Risks Management); therefore, providing a platform for a successful project.
- Conducted several GAP analysis to clearly understand the AS IS process and developed new user scenario for the TO BE process.
- Collaborated many Requirement Elicitation Techniques like Joint Application developments (JAD) and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Mind Mappings, Interviews, User Stories, workshops with end-user/clients/stake holders and the development group/s.
- Exceptional skills for writing Business Requirement Document (BRD) with extensive use of Use Cases diagram, User Stories and tracing Functional Requirement Document (FRD) from Business Requirement Document.
- Exceptional skills in Gathering, analyzing, documenting and translating business requirements into functional specifications that can be used to design and implement solutions to meet the business objectives and exposure to Blueprint requirement management tool.
- Extensive knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and skilled in using tools such as Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case, Ms Office Suite, Ms Project (for Project Plan), Axure RP pro, MS Visio professional and Photoshop, IBM Websphere.
- Proficient in creating UML diagrams such as Wireframes, Mockup Screens or Prototypes and User Interfaces (UI) using tools like Axure RP Pro, MS Visio 2010, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience of creating pictorial Use Case, Activity Flow Diagrams with the help of UML.
- Verified if the requirements are unique, correct and to the point, which thereafter were analyzed, and got the signoff from respective Stake holders.
- Performed subjective and objective assessments of data quality, and analyzed data according to the need of Business.
- Designed High Level Requirements for ETL processes using Informatica / Big Data in order to initiate Data Warehousing implementation.
- Robust knowledge on Server-Client Network Architecture, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and OLAP cube.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data governance processes, data quality processes, testing methodologies, reporting tools like Oracle, Micro Strategy, and Business Objects.
- Performed SQL queries and Ad-hoc queries to check the database for accuracy using the tools like DB2, MySQL, and MS SQL Server 2000.
- Hands on Data Skills - Operational and Informational Data types, Relational Data Modeling, Dimensional Data Modeling (Star and Snow flake Schema), Logical Data Modeling, and Data Mapping.
- Experience in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases.
- Supported in developing Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Cases, Test Scenario and Test Manuals.
- Acted as a liaison to educate technical teams about the business and functional requirement of clients.
- Supported in creating well-versed user guide and training manuals.
- Hand on experience in deployment of the application and providing Training to End Users on the business side.
- Expertise in Change Request and Change Management Process Model (CMPM) using Rational Clearquest or RTC, and System Configuration Management (SCM) using Rational Clearcase.
- Demonstrated ability to work independent and team-oriented environments with well developed organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated quick learner with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
Methodologies: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Rational Unified Process (RUP), SCRUM/Agile, Waterfall.
Languages: C++, C, VB.Net, Unified Modeling Language (UML), HTML, XHTML, DHTML, Java, XML, CSS, SQL, Macros, PL/SQL.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, Win 7.
Other Tools: DB2, MySQL, Rational Rose, MS Sharepoint, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, MS Office 2003 (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Excel), MS Visio, MS Project, MS FrontPage, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Frontpage, MS SQL Server 2000, Informatica, TIBCO, Big Data.
Testing Tools: HP QuickTest Pro, HP WinRunner, and HP Load Runner, HP Quality Center, JIRA.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Business Data Analyst/Business System Analyst
- Conducted Meetings/interviews to document discrepancies in UI data against source tables in Oracle and Sql Server.
- Wrote Technical Specification on migration of data from front end system to back end database.
- Created Data Flow Diagrams depicting information flow between systems.
- Maintained Change Tracker and monitored Change Management for each data field elements.
- Used Data Profiling Services in Sql Server 2008 to document Column Null Ratio Profile, Column Statistics Profile, Column Value Distribution Profile, Column Length Distribution Profile, and Column Pattern Profile.
- Conducted Code Reviews for Sql Stored Procedures and FTP logics (C#)
- Wrote/Conducted Test Strategies for - Referential Integrity/Null/Value Distribution Tests.
- Reviewed Mapping Designer output and Workflows as part of Informatica code/job reviews.
- Data Mapping Document
- Code Review Documents
- Technical Specification Document
- Heat Map Document
- Reference data list
- Test Plan/Test Cases/Test Strategies
Business System Analyst / Data Analyst
- Communicating with Line of Business and gathering the requirements for different phases of the project.
- Drafting Business Requirement Document (BRD) with extensive use of Use Cases diagram and tracing Functional Requirement Document (FRD) from Business Requirement Document.
- Perform extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Communicating the need of the business to Development Team and providing the effective solution for the problem that Business or Development Team faces.
- Design and implement SQL queries and Ad-hoc queries for QA testing and report/data validation.
- Document Business Logics and rules on Source to Target Data Mapping Document for ETL development.
- Conducted several GAP analysis to clearly understand the AS IS process and developed new user scenario for the TO BE process.
- Collaborated many Requirement Elicitation Techniques like Joint Application developments (JAD) and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Mind Mappings, Interviews, workshops with end-user/clients/stake holders and the development group/s.
- Handle different Change Request and prioritize the Change request according to their importance in the project.
- Develop and administer various different relational Databases using Toad for Oracle for querying underlying oracle database tables and resolve data issues.
- Use MS SQL Server to query SQL Server Databases and identify the data gaps or defects.
- Providing DDL for the Physical Data Models and write the STM document.
- Designing tests plans, test scenarios and test case for System integration, regression and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to improve overall quality of the application.
- Lead Business Testing Team along with System Tester to successfully complete the User Acceptance Testing and capture the Sign off for the UAT to push the development into production.
- Preparing Training Manual and provide training to End Users of the application.
Environment: Oracle DB, MS-Project, Visio, MSOffice 2007 Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Sharepoint 2010, Agile and Waterfall methodology, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Websphere, IBM Lombardi, Toad for Oracle, HP Quality Center.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of Vendors, Clients and Stakeholders
- Gathered user requirements and improve the process efficiency using Business Process Model (BPM).
- Gathered requirements using questionnaires, surveys and workshops.
- Created Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog according to User Stories.
- Prioritized each sprint, and conducted Sprint Planning Meeting and determined sprint goal and translated into User Stories.
- Efficiently managed Scrum Meetings, Sprint Burndown Chart and Product Burndown Chart.
- Developed business requirement specification documents, technical specification document as well as high-level project plan.
- Designed User Interface and web application interface design along with Designers.
- Implemented requirements to the project using Agile/Scrum by creating sprints and focusing on iterative planning and tracking processes.
- Created workflow diagram to understand the flow of the process.
- Extensively used SQL for querying underlying database tables and resolve data issues.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries and Adhoc queries for QA testing and report/data validation.
- Analyzed data structure, and data inputs for quality and integrity.
- Wrote test cases and track the bugs using Bugzilla.
- Monitored Business Content Management and Document Management using MS Sharepoint.
- Proficiency in creating UML diagrams including use case, activity and class diagram using Rational Rose and MS-Visio.
- Developed Mockup Screens/ Wireframe Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Hosted Scrum Meeting as Scrum Master to identify the work progress and discussion about the project.
- Hand on Experience in using MS Project to in developing plans, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing budgets and analyzing workloads.
- Handled different Change Request and prioritize the Change request according to their importance in the project.
- Work closely with Testing Team to develop Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Used Rational ClearCase and Rational ClearQuest as Configuration Management and Change Control tools.
Environment: Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, HP Quality Center, C++, Java, JSP, SQL 2005, Oracle 10.1, MS Access, MS Dreamweaver, XHTML, DHTML, Flash, CSS, SCRUM/ AGILE, Quick Test Pro, MS Sharepoint.
- Elicited and gathered high level requirements by conducting stakeholder meetings, interviews and discussions.
- Used Rational Unified Process (RUP) for the Application Development.
- Responsible for developing Product Development Plan, Iteration Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Risk List as described by the Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology.
- Conducted RFP process for vendor products and facilitated Business and Technical teams in Vendor Selection Process.
- Prioritized business and systems problems; Conducted Risk and Impact analysis.
- Helped business and technical people in prioritizing wish list and managing the small Change Requests.
- Managed the whole project documentation with the help of HP PPM which was used as SaaS.
- Defined system scope and objectives and prepared BRD (Business Requirement Document) and FRD (Functional Specification Document).
- Used storyboarding technique and dashboard for building consensus on behavioral requirements among stakeholders.
- Prepared project Plan for Data Governance, Data Quality Assessment Report, Subjective and Objective Data Quality Assessment Report.
- Developed UML Use-Cases and Use-Case diagrams after assessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes using Rational Rose.
- Integrated Requisite Pro with Rational Rose to provide all teams visibility and maintain traceability among requirements, use cases and change requests.
- Assisted Technical Team to develop System Requirement Document/Specification (SRS), along with the ideas to modify the blue print of the system to enhance its quality and performance.
- Developed workflow, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements for all transaction related activities.
- Collaborated with development team in identifying User Interface (UI) prototype elements from user’s perspective.
- Worked with development team in designing model to display real time data regarding quotes and prices.
- Developed and administered various different relational Databases by TOAD using SQL queries.
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations and accuracy.
- Assisted in designing tests plans, test scenarios and test case for integration, regression and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to improve overall quality of the application.
- Helped in preparing Training Manual and Trained End Users to use application.
- Used Microsoft Excel and DB2 for Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Used Test Director for complete assigning and raising an application bugs.
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams.
Environment: DB2, MS-Project, Visio, MSOffice Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), J2EE, RUP methodology, Photoshop, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Test Director, TOAD.
- Identified high-level requirements for developing and documenting detailed business requirements.
- Involved in meetings with SME (subject matter experts) and users for requirements gathering.
- Drafted BRD and FRD according to the requirements gathered assisting with the User, Interviewing and document analysis.
- Expertise in implementing UML concepts for designing Use Cases, Class diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams.
- Followed established formats and procedures, created new formats, as well as researched, created, edited technical and business data documents.
- Prepared Scope Inclusions and Scope Exclusions for Data Governance part of project.
- Participated in data analysis for verification purposes.
- Prepared the Prototype and mockup screens.
- Verified the correlation between the UML diagrams and developed detail diagrams.
- Worked closely with software engineers, internal and external customers to gather comprehensive testing criteria and plan requirements to ensure accuracy and timeliness of projects.
- Performed informal benchmarking to analyze how competitors conducted business.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify for the true scope and importance of the new system.
- Performed Smoke testing before starting the major testing effort.
- Involved in Functionality and Regression testing during the various phases of the development.
- Conducted the final User Acceptance Test (UAT) and usability testing.
- Assessed potential risks in the project and analyzed issues of importance with project managers.
- Analyzed team performance with the QA manager and implemented the changes if any with respect to raising the efficiency of the entire team.
Environment: MySQL, MS-Project, Visio, MSOffice Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), XML, RUP methodology, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, HP Quick Test Pro.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes