Lead Business Analyst Resume
- Seeking a fast pace dynamic environment to leverage my experience and vision as a business analyst in growth oriented company where my communication, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills can be used to the maximize growth of the organization as well as for the growth of my career.
- A result oriented individual with diversified experience in Business Analysis focused on interface analysis, process modeling & improvement, web & database development and requirements gathering.
- Worked closely with project stakeholders, SMEs, and staff to understand the requirements and specifications for new applications along with re - engineering of the existing applications.
- Excellent writing skills in preparing business requirements documents (BRDs), system requirements specifications (SRS), system design specification (SDS), functional specifications, and defining project plans.
- Created project plans and clear documentation related to the project, process changes and modifications.
- Expertise in translating user requirements into technical specifications and mapping the process design, work flows for SDLC with documenting and managing business requirements
- In depth knowledge of Agile, RUP’s and CMM Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies
- Hands on experience in UML for developing application specific Object model, Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and State diagrams.
- Performed planning and development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to meet product’s business requirements.
- Conduced User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verifying performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues. Also familiar with testing tools to design and develop test plans and test scripts.
- Hands on experience with IBM Rational Software integrated tools like Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, JIRA for requirements management and analysis use case development, business and data modeling.
- Creative and innovative thinker, with excellent communication skills bringing energy, enthusiasm and leadership to problem resolution
Project Methodologies: Agile, RUP, CMMI
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio
Requirement Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Test Director
Operating Systems: Windows NT/XP/2000, UNIX, LINUX
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
GUI/Tools: MS Project, Visio, Access, Word, Excel
Languages: Java, .Net, C. C++
Lead Business Analyst
- Identified, articulated and prioritized new product features and benefits via frequent interactions with users and internal SMEs.
- Extensively travelled to Europe to train Business Users for Pharmaceutical Clients.
- Interacted with customers, end-users and product focus groups to understand their requirements and workflows.
- Identify, address, and escalate risks and issues in relation to compliance and proprietary requirements
- Worked closely with User Experience designers to develop and approve user experience flows and design.
- Worked closely with developers and software quality assurance to ensure functional specifications were built as defined.
- Evangelized the product and serve as point of contact and product expert for internal team and external teams.
- Used SDLC Agile Methodology for the project and ensured that user stories are good, have business values and story points.
- Review, prioritize, comment and follow-up on both bug and enhancement requests during development process in JIRA and maintained the release dash boards for management team.
- Translated product feedback into feature and requirements specifications, and ensure that the highest priority features are delivered to meet customer requirements
- Transformed product vision into market-driven product roadmaps in alignment with company strategy to increase sales from new and existing customers
- Participated in GAP Post-Mortems and make recommendations for iterative improvement to the process.
- Worked with Regulatory and Quality Assurance to ensure appropriate compliance with applicable global regulatory legislation/guidance.
Environment: Java, Agile, ORACLE, SQL, XML, REST, Windows, JIRA, Office Suite, MS Visio, XML, SOAP UI, FDA Regulations
Sr. Business/Systems Analyst
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system and functionalities.
- Proficiently helped development teams to break down large user stories for execution.
- Advised product owners, scrum masters and teams to improve their ability to create good product backlogs.
- Wrote the migration scripts using PL/SQL functions, procedures and views for migrating the Merrill’s CRM data into Compass CRM.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Made sure that all the requirements and processes were in line with SOX and entitlement framework.
- Coordinated with cross regional teams in Americas, APAC and EMEA.
- Actively assisted in the acceptance and validation of the stories by testing the delivered stories.
- Worked directly with developers to ensure clear communications on requirements and prioritized the defect queue on daily QA defect calls.
- Plan and lead the execution of UAT test plan and developed process to document issues.
- Created documentation for training and application support team as well as release notes on every production builds.
- Work directly with production team leadership to resolve areas of client dissatisfaction and prevent further occurrences
Environment: Java, .NET, Agile, ORACLE, PL/SQL, XML, Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, Windows XP, Rally, Quality Center, MS Office Suite, MS Visio
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documents them textually or within models.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS) for the Web based application.
- Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications.
- Interviewed area experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- User Rational Rose extensively to created Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State chart diagrams, Collaboration diagrams and Class Diagrams.
- Extensively used UML based Methodology to create the Business Object Model.
- Worked on CFR Part 11 validated and Regulated System.
- Prepared the data mapping document to map the new MEDRA codes for existing application.
- Served as quality assurance/quality control to ensure that the final product met all the clinical protocol requirements. Was responsible for user acceptance testing (UAT) of the final product.
- Maintain Traceability Matrix with help of Quality Center.
- Worked as a liaison between the Developers and Clients in resolving conflicts between user and technical development teams.
- Designing and reviewing different comprehensive data reports using MS Access and MS Excel.
- Involved in Project Management including documenting, implementation throughout the collector development lifecycle.
Environment: JAVA,ORACLE, RUP, UML,CMMI 3, FDA Regulations, Windows XP, MS Office(MS Access, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) Rational Rose, Requisite, Quality Center
- Thoroughly studied the inherent systems to have a clear understanding of the business processes and associated system workflow.
- Conducted Gap analysis to understand new business model and additional functionalities to be incorporated into the new application.
- Conducted JAD sessions for better understanding and refining of requirements in coordination with multiple teams.
- Documented various documents including the Business Requirements Document and the Use Case Specification Documents.
- Identified all use case components including basic, alternate and exception flows.
- Participated in various architectural development sessions to provide technical teams with a better understanding of the requirements.
- Analyzed Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Gathered business requirements and converted them into functional requirement specifications and user requirement specifications. Used Rational Requisite Pro for Requirement Document preparation.
- Carried out detailed and comprehensive business analysis with the RUP methodology.
- Prepared Business Process Models, which included modeling of all activities of the business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Conducted multiple interviews to clarify requirements in order to identify use cases and document UC Specifications.
- Assisted QA team by Reviewing test cases and clarifying requirements to ensure complete coverage of requirements.
- Provided training to users, and involved in conducting UAT sessions to gain user confidence and approval.
- Provided project manager with regular status updates assisting the overall project management initiative.
- Performed requirement walkthroughs with the Dev. and QA teams with the aim to develop testing strategies and test plans such that test cases reflect user needs.
Environment: JAVA, DB2, RUP, Windows XP, MS Office (MS Access, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint), Rational Rose, Requisite
- Worked with key stakeholders to integrate over 15 sophisticated enterprise level applications for internal and external third parties systems.
- Collaborated with clients, end users, vendors and developers and ensured technical requirements are thorough using standard tools and modeling techniques.
- Established solid working relationships with open communication with customer and business via meetings and interviews.
- Documented detailed analysis of end-to-end business processes, functional design, workflow mapping and action items, issues and ensured information is accurate and complete.
- Evaluated selection, develop strategies, project and implementation plans based on thorough research and input from stakeholders.
- Resolved conflict with business units to overcome conflicts in requirements and arrive at common feasible solution.
- Conducted gap, business impact analyses, business cases, and define constraints, risks, and dependencies and presented to project team.
- Managed changed by working with business units to determine and document the business process and workflow changes.
- Performed the role of a liaison between Business Units and Technical Solution Developers.
- Understand and articulate Business Requirements from SME interviews and workshops and translate requirements into Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Involved in development of Business and Technical Requirements in preparation of System Architecture and Detailed Design documents for Business Needs and Processes.
- Prepared Logical Process and Data Models that contained set of diagrams and supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the data elements to analyze and document Business Data Requirements.
- Provided production support to end users for the web based application.
- Developed Data Flow, Workflow, Process Flow, and Entity Relationship Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Provided Production Support to end users for the web based application
- Performed user acceptance testing by preparing test cases and test strategies with developers.
- Performed manual front-end testing to check all functionalities of different modules.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Change Control Procedures using Quality Centerin the peek review of Test Plans, Test Cases with the QA team to verify implementation of new features and enhancements.
- Developed and executed SQL queries using TOAD on Oracle database for validating the database tables.
Environment: JAVA, ORACLE, RUP, Windows XP, MS Office (MS Access, Excel, Visio,PowerPoint), Rational Rose,
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes