Overview of Qualifications
With over 12 years of experience strictly in the field of ERP/Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. Have worked technically across all facets of the DW/BI Project Lifecycle: from Requirements Gathering, to Data Modeling, to ETL, to Business Intelligence Development and Implementation. Well versed in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence architecture and implementation, have demonstrated tremendous technical and functional capabilities in his management and execution of Data Warehousing engagements.
- Experienced Data Architect/Data Modeler, PL/SQL Developer, and Data Warehouse Developer with 12 years of overall IT experience.
- Oracle Certified Associate.
- Experience with ETL processes, including detailed knowledge about star-schema designing using Kimball Bill Inmon data-warehousing methodology
- Extensive experience using SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Loader, TOAD, Oracle Designer, Oracle GoldenGate and UNIX. Extensively utilized OWB 11G R1, ODI 11G, R2, ODI 12c as ETL tools in data integration and data-warehousing with hands on knowledge with data modeling and developing data marts, multi-level dimensions.
- Excellent skills in analyzing, gathering user requirements, and served as a senior technical liaison for various projects.
- Over seven years experience in developing, supporting, and maintaining complex PL/SQL packages and using latest oracle analytical functions to simplify complex queries. Further experience in query plans, dynamic SQL queries, DBMS JOBS, Autosys, and working with large volumes of data.
- Received several recognitions for simplifying and redeveloping very complex modules.
- Experience in preparing requirements and design documents such as system requirement specifications, system analysis and design, and established project implementations and development guidelines and standards.
- Deep understanding of healthcare, medical, and Rx claims data along with advertising marketing and vehicle leasing domain.
- Proven ability to adapt to new tasks quickly and to work equally independently or as part of a team.
- Proficient with CMM-level 5 processes for ETL SDLC and OBIEE reporting strategies.
- Well versed with data quality and data governance standards and experienced in MDM methodologies for maintaining and handling unique identifier processes and client Master data.
- Experience configuring Interactive OBIEE Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters, prompts , repository and presentation Variables
- Worked on integrating and configuring BI Publisher with OBIEE.
Languages: SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL, COBOL, Unix Shell script, OMB plus scripting
Database: Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, ORACLE, SQL Server 2005, SYBASE, MS Access
Application Tools : Oracle Warehouse builder OWB 11G R1,10g R1, R2,Oracle Data Integrator ODI 10.x, ODI 12c ,OBIEE 11G,Oracle Golden Gate , Oracle Designer 2000, Oracle Work Flow, Oracle 10G,11G, Facets 4.31, Oracle Golden Gate, Microsoft project, FTP, Putty, UNIX, ERWIN, Oracle Data Modeler, VISIO, MS Visual Source Safe, PVCS,ARC/INFO, ERDAS 8.5,ArcView3.2a, ArcGIS, Oracle Application Express Reports APEX
Business Experience: Dimensional Modeling, Data Entity-Relationship ER Modeling, Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading ETL , Dashboard Designing, Data Marts/Data-Warehousing and Project Documentation/Presentation.
Selected Work Experience:
Environment: ODI 12c, Oracle Golden Gate , PL/SQL
- Extensively worked with ODI Designer in Creating Projects, Creating Models, Reverse engineering data-stores metadata from Database, developed ODI Interfaces, ODI Procedures, defined Project specific Variables/Global variables Declare, Set, Refresh, Evaluate Types , Defined the flow of execution in ODI Packages and generated ODI Scenario's once the execution flow is defined in package
- Experience in creating complex ODI Maps and experience using most of 12c Components
- Performed the customizations to the ODI Knowledge Modules as part of tuning the Knowledge Module Code based on the requirements to log data load information.
- Experience working with Oracle Golden gate replicated table to move data into data store using ODI 12C .
- Experience in Querying Oracle data integrator work repository tables for capturing the information related to ODI Operator Logs.
- Played an important Role in the effort to implement sales and profitability Analytics data warehouse and also helped designing the data loads using OWB R2. The technical environment consisted of OWB, OBIEE, PL/SQL, and process flows to load star-schema data marts.
- Helped design and develop OWB maps and process flows.
- Created/Edited documentation for the data loads.
- Designed the test cases in quality center to help testing teams complete the test plan in time.
- Created multiple OBI variables like Repository Variables, Session variables, and Presentation variables for the implementation.
- Customized/created presentation layer catalog folders, to show different views of the business model to different users and assigned group permissions to the catalog folders.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE web services to create Reports / Dashboards from a variety of data sources with different Analytics Views Tabular, Pivot Table, Chart, Static Text, Column Selector and View selector with global and local Filters as per the client requirements.
- Helped redesign the data warehouse to make the system scalable the accommodate data coming from state school districts. The technical environment consisted of ODI, OBIEE, APEX, PL/SQL, and process flows to load CRM database and then load the data to a star-schema model.
- Helped with data modeling to change old objects and create new loads.
- Configured new Data Servers, Data Stores, developed ODI Interfaces, Load Plans to accommodate new requirements and developed Packages, Scenarios.
- Analyzed existing transactional database schemas and designing Star schema models to support the users reporting needs and requirements.
- Developed Sales application using Oracle Application Express APEX
- Created Functional and Technical Design Specifications TDS for ETL processes. Data cleansing according to defined Business rules. Developed detailed Source Target Mapping STM design documents.
- Developed Interfaces, Configured Data Servers, Agents, Scenarios in ODI
- Experience in developing Multidimensional Data Model, designing logical and physical modeling, data warehouse architecture for EDW MDM, data quality, decision making and analyzing user requirements.
- Developed complex OWB maps for Plans ,Forecast, Product, Variances data loads and process flows
- Interacted with Business Users for gathering the Reports / Dashboards requirements and to define business and functional specifications
- Extensively worked on Answers, Dashboards and Generated Complex reports by using OBIEE report features like Unions, Pivot tables, Charts, Ticker, Narrative and View selector.
- Designed the test cases in HP quality center to help testing teams complete the test plan.
- Imported required physical tables Dimensions and Facts with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using connection pool and defined Physical Joins using new foreign key join.
- Designed and developed Reports and Dashboard metrics for Sales and Financial reports. Performed QA and data validation.
- Built the data model for the stage schema for all the data sources including SQL Server, Oracle, and flat files.
- Built the data model for the dimension and facts to build the star schema.
- Developed pl/sql procedures needed for ETL activities as well as for time dimensions.
- Managed one direct report, a junior ODI developer from the Silliker team who would receive knowledge transfer and take over the application in production.
- Developed PL/SQL scripts to ETL new data fields for end user requirements
- Created ODI procedures, interfaces, packages, scenarios, and tools utilizing KMs for reverse engineering, Loading and Integration ODI objects load staging tables, dimension tables, and fact tables.
- Developed OWB mapping for location, meter, customer in ENDW and Data mart.
- Developed the JIL files for Autosys to set up the schedule jobs/process flows to refresh the data warehouse.
- Coordinated with the end user and the off shore team to set develop the .net application developed for the end users to input the metadata to run the data warehouse.
- Developed complex data processing engine using advanced PL/SQL features to process high volume for reconciliation subject area.
- Created materialized views and aggregates to improve performance.
- Created multiple Dimensions Drill-Down Hierarchies Fact objects in Business Model Layer, and created the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Managed OBIEE Dashboards for Meter Monitor Analytics, Revenue Forecasting and Capacity Planning areas of analysis
- Used Filters and provided Customized prompts using presentation variables and Materialized Views to increase the performance and avoid excessive data showing up Reports.
- Create Reports for Metadata and user input screens in APEX for end user.
- Created ODI Procedures, Interfaces, Packages, Scenarios and Tools utilizing KMs for Reverse Engineering, Loading and Integration ODI Objects load Staging tables, Dimension tables, Fact tables
- Optimize data access and data loading techniques.
- Designed the ODI Agent setup to run and process ETL Jobs locally on designated servers.
- Created knowledge transfer and turnover documentation for the OBIEE and ODI implementations