- BI Developer/Data Analyst wif 9 years of IT industry experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse projects and Application Development. Experienced in ERP Systems (SAP and Dynamics AX) and Reporting on Data warehouse (BW NetWeaver/Business Objects and MS BI stack SSRS/SSIS/SSAS).
- Experienced as DBA for SQL Server Databases.
- 7 years of EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse), reporting solutions and DBA activities.
- Experienced in developing SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) analytical reports against Microsoft AX ERP, EDW in Oracle, SAP HANA and SQL Server databases.
- Experienced in complex drill down reports in multiple formats and managing subscriptions.
- Multidimensional database design (Star Schema) and development of data marts wif SQL Server, Oracle and DB2.
- Experienced as DBA for SQL Server 2008/2012 system.
- Experienced wif Microstrategy reporting and Dashboarding functions.
- Experienced in gathering, analyzing BI requirements from business users and applying proper design patterns to deliver report needs.
- Experience wif industry leading ETL tools (SSIS) and reporting tools (SSRS, Microstrategy).
- Experienced in creating reports using Power Pivot for Excel.
- Experienced in SAP BW NetWeaver 7.3 solution on HANA - Extraction, Modeling and Reporting
- Experienced Business Objects toolset - WEBI, Xcelsius, Analysis for Office and Design Studio
- 2 years of Report development and Application Development and Support in J2EE.
- Designed, developed and supported batch/online applications in Java/J2EE platforms.
- Strong experience in software development life cycle process from requirements analysis to implementation and production support
- Experienced in trouble shooting and on call Production Support of J2EE applications, RDC applications and Mainframe applications.
Database: SQL Server, HANA, DB2, MS Access
Languages: T-SQL, SQL, Java, VB.Net, HTML.JAVA Script, HANA SQL Script
IDEs: Eclipse, Visual Studio (2005/2008/2010 ), HANA Studio, Design Studio for Dashboards
Reporting and ETL Tools: SSRS 2005/8/10, Micro strategy, Business Objects - WEBI, Dashboard Analysis for Office and Design Studio. BW Netweaver Solution (ETL, Modeling and Reporting wif BEx Query)
Senior Data Analyst/BI Developer
Environment: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft AX 2012 ERP, Microstrategy, SQL Server 2008 R2, SAP BW 7.4, HANA and Business Objects (WEBI, Design Studio, Analysis for Office and Xcelsius)
- Developed SSRS reports wifin the Microsoft AX 2012 ERP system and EDW.
- Developed Microstrategy Dashboards and Reports
- Imported data into Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system (HR, AP and AR) using ATLAS tool
- Extensive experience creating database objects such as tables, views, constraints, indexes, views, stored procedures, Common Table Expressions (CTE’s) on MS SQL Server 2008/2012
- Experienced in DBA role in creating Database objects, Restore/Backup of database, managing user access to Databases.
- Experience using complex TSQL queries and SQL Scripts to perform efficient data load based on complex business rules and produced results for users.
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating different types of report such Conditional, Drill-down, Summary and Sub reports, and formatting them
- Create stored procedures/functions to retrieve data from SQL Server and HANA
- Experience wif Ad-hoc reporting, Parameterized, Drill through, Drill down and Custom Reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS2005/2008 R2 /2012)and deployed reports to the Report Manager and assigned proper security permissions
- Interacted wif business users in requirement gathering phases. Experience in working as a liaison between Business Users and Technical team.
- Responsible for creating and managing subscription for reports, Deployment on report manager
- Improved Report Performance by analyzing various tuning options.
- Created databases/tables and loaded data into tables using Export/import wizard in SSMS.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives and customer representatives for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS).
- Experienced wif SSIS packages for data preparation for reports.
- SAP BW - Data extraction using Standard and Custom Extractors, Created Cubes and DSOs, Process Chains, Transformations, BEX Queries, HANA Views on BW content
- SAP Business Objects - Universes, IDT, WEBI, Analysis for Office and Dashboards using Design Studio and Xcelsius.
Environment: SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration services, Oracle and DB2.
- Analyzed existing access database reporting on OLTP system and documented data sources.
- Involved wif date modelers to create subject based data marts. This star schema was the basis for MOLAP reporting.
- Extracted and analyzed SQL queries from production reporting.
- ETL process to migrate OLTP data to data to warehouse. Reporting services and Excel services was used for front end and SSAS for OLAP queries.
- Created reports using Actuate and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting services).
- Created test scripts and coordinated testing wif QA team and completed user acceptance for reports.
- Development of source to staging and staging to EDW ETL mappings and documenting mappings for system documentation.
- Developing, Testing and Deploying ETL packages to load staging area of the warehouse.
Environment: J2EE application wif Oracle.
- As part of application development me was involved mainly wif VendorPortal, a custom component of implementation to support vendors. This application handled purchase orders, Invoices and was integrated to PeopleSoft finance system. VendorPortal application was developed on J2EE technologies and operational reporting was done in Microsoft Reporting Services and Actuate.
- Handling Service requests related tasks for the applications and made modifications to applications. Service requests were ranging from creating simple modifications to applications to adding more functionality to Maximo application.
- My tasks included gathering functional requirements, analysis and scoping, development, creating user stories, writing test cases and implementation of Service requests.
- Created test scripts and coordinated testing wif QA team.
- Developed a standalone batch process RFQPriceUpdates as an add-on application to Maximo Software. This batch process will use a file (Excel) as input and runs a mass updates in database for Price quotes based on business logic.
- me was part of support team and handled regular on call responsibilities. The on call support included J2EE applications in Garage maintenance/Maximo area.