- 8+ years of experience as an OBIEE consultant with strong development and admin skills, hands - on Experience in Requirement analysis, Requirement gathering, Analytics Data modeling, coordination with Data Warehouse and ETL experts and implementation of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
- Experienced in at least 4 full life cycle implementations of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition( OBIEE )/Siebel Analytics, BI Publisher ( Formerly Known As XML Publisher).
- Experience in configuring Object Level and Data Level Security Settings (groups, roles, access/query/report privileges) and scheduling iBots/Agents for OBIEE 10g and OBIEE 11g.
- Created and scheduled reports using BI Publisher.
- Design, Development, Implementation, Analysis and Customization ofOBIEE Applications - HR Analytics and Financial Analytics
- Experience with Informatica Power Center Designer to create various mappings and mapplets.
- Proficient in developing OBIEE Repository (RPD)- Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer & Presentation Layer using OBIEE Admin tool.
- Expertise in developing OBIEE repository from scratch, and also in developing ad-hoc reports and dashboards as per business requirements, Generate Reports/dashboards with different analytics views drill-down/dynamics, cascading style sheets, pivot table, chart, column sector, tabular with local and global filters using OBIEE.
- Expertise in implementing the LDAP, External Table and database authentication in OBIEE 11g.
- Experience in configuring the delivers and scheduling the reports using OBIEE Delivers.
- Schedule reports and bursting as per the requirement in BI Publisher and represented them in OBIEE dashboards.
- Good Knowledge in Dimensional Modeling and Warehousing Concepts.
- Good Understanding in developing Oracle applications using tools like Oracle Forms, Reports, and Databases (12c/11g) Windows Environment.
- Working experience de-normalizing normalized ERP structures into comprehensive Data Mart and Star schemas.
- Experience working with DAC (Datawarehouse Administration Console 10g/11g)
- Experienced in Installation, configuration, upgradation, migration and administration of OBIEE.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies with strong technical background. Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and ability to follow through with projects from inception to completion.
- A good team player with excellent communication, analytical, and programming skills with the ability to work in a high speed, quality conscious, and multi tasked environment and grasp new concepts and apply them as per business requirements
- Well organized with interpersonal and developmental skills, strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer goals and targets.
- Excellent Self Driven project management skills, Team Player, Good communications, Presentation and Telephony skills.
BI Tools: Oracle BI Enterprise Edition 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52/10.1.3.4. xBI Publisher 10g/11g
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.1/8.6.1 hotfix 9, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
Others: SQL * Plus, SQL * Loader, Toad, Forms (4.5/6i/9i).
ERP Applications: Oracle E-Business suite 11i/11.0.3 (SA, GL, AP, AR, HRMS, CM, FA, and PO).
Databases: Oracle (12c/11g), Teradata, MS SQL Server
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 98/2000/NT/ME/XP/Vista, Linux, UNIX.
Confidential - Libertyville, IL
Sr. OBIEE Developer
- Involved in analysis, requirements gathering, functional/technical specifications, development, deployment and testing.
- Involved in communicating with client to understand/clarify requirements and suggest enhancements.
- Designed Star schema for fact & dimensional tables from the current OLTP and created alias for the dimensional tables when necessary.
- Developed Physical Layer, Business Model & Mapping and Presentation Layer using Oracle Business Intelligence Administration Tool.
- Specified dimensional hierarchy, aggregate levels for the dimensions.
- Set up a Multi-User Development Environment (MUDE) for the convenience of the company's on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Developed different dimensional level Analysis, Filters and Prompts using Oracle Business Intelligence Answers.
- Developed customized and attractive Analysis/ Dashboards/ Reports with different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart, Tabular, Ticker, Column Selector and View Selector), Alerts, Guided Navigation, and Dynamic / Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters.
- Created Time Series Measures, Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, Session and Repository Variables, Initialization Blocks.
- Created Agents to alert the business users.
- Implemented object level security for different web groups based on responsibilities.
- Improved the performance of the Reports by moving huge calculations to the Database and by using the Aggregate tables and Cache management.
- Installed and configured Informatica Power Center 9 to be used as ETL engine to load data into the Data Warehouse.
- Worked on Mapping designer, workflow designer, workflow monitor etc. of Informatica.
- Development of mappings workflows and session tasks using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked on transformations like Lookup, Sequence Generator, Filter, Expression, Source Qualifier, Router Update Strategy etc.
- Involved in Moving the RPD from DEV to QA, QA to PROD. Also, involved in moving the Web Catalog used for Reporting from DEV to QA and QA to PROD.
- Checked data consistency using SQL and PL/SQL queries in SQL Developer.
Environment: OBIEE 184.108.40.206, BI publisher, Informatica 9.1, Oracle 11g, SQL plus, Oracle SQL Developer.
Confidential - Richmond, VA
Sr. OBIEE Developer
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, Discussed and Gathered the Analytics requirements from different user groups.
- Reviewed Functional Design Document and Technical Design Document.
- Designed Prototype of the project repository and developed reports/dashboards to make it easier for business users to visualize how reports will look like in OBIEE Presentation services.
- Modeling activities which included building star schema as per the business requirements and configuration of Logical Layer, Logical tables, dimensions and columns. Established the logical joins/keys.
- Used Aggregate Tables and specified Aggregate Levels for each source.
- Designed Intelligence Dashboards and created Global Filters
- Customized the logical tables and columns, defined the Analytics dimensions, aggregations and levels.
- Created Dimensional Hierarchy, Level based Measures and Aggregate navigation in BMM layer.
- Configured charts, views, filters in user interface.
- Created source to target mappings using Aggregate, Router, Filter, Join, Expression, Lookup and Update strategy transformations in Informatica mapping designer.
- Added new Dimensions and Columns to the Subject Areas to full fill the additional Requirements of the Business Analysts.
- Used customized, Dashboard prompts, local prompts on UI /SAW.
- Interacted with business representatives for requirement analysis and to define business and functional specifications.
- Provided detailed design for the new data warehouse ETL’s and get peer reviewed for the detail design and did ETL’s to feed data into the data warehouse.
- Created and executed SQL scripts in Oracle 10g to test the data flow from OLTP systems to data warehouse.
- Created pre and post Informatica session UNIX scripts using UNIX.
- Configured DAC - Data warehouse Access control for running of ETL jobs. Worked to deploy and optimize performance of BPM applications.
- Extracted data from various ERP systems like SIEBEL CRM, Oracle EBS. Involved in Integrating Oracle BI Presentation Services with BI Publisher.
- Configured DAC for Financial Analytics and extracted data through Informatica.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Informatica Power Center 8.1, Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC), Oracle Delivers, Windows XP, UNIX/LINUX, Shell Scripting, Teradata, Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, People Soft and TOAD 6.3/7.0
Confidential, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Sr. OBIEE Developer
- Primary responsibilities included creating SNAP Report for supporting the Financial Teams and manufacturing line to decrease and increase the working hours on a particular brand based on the trend analysis of the Sales of Products.
- Configured DAC for index management, automate change capture for Seibel OLTP, and allowing custom ETL execution plans.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts in understanding the Analytics Requirements and created Business Models for Generating Reports as per the requirements.
- Involved in creating the Star Schema, Logical and Physical Modeling.
- Built the Analytics repository (Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer).
- Created Complex Joins, Alias Tables and Views.
- Tuned OBIEE Reports and designed Query Caching and Data Caching for Performance Gains.
- Developing Calculated Measures and assigning these Aggregation levels based on Dimension Hierarchies.
- Developed Month Ago, Year Ago Measures and Used Time Series Functions and To Date Functions Extensively.
- Created Aggregated Tables and Configured the Content in Business Model Layer to use the Aggregate Tables for better Performance.
- Worked extensively on Answers, Delivers, and Intelligent Dashboards for Procurement and Spend Analytics.
- Developed Various Dashboards and Reports and Created the Business Model for Ad-hoc queries using Oracle BI Answers and assigning them to application specific dashboards.
- Designed the Row Level Security for the Managers to View the Reports pertaining to their Region.
- Experience in Preparing Design Specification documents based on functional requirements and also involved in the preparation of Technical Design Documents
- Installed and configured OBIEE. Admin tool and Siebel web components including Intelligence Dashboards, answers, delivers and Analytics web and BI Publisher.
- Added Aggregate measures using Aggregate Persistence Wizard
- Enabled Usage Tracking Table and Dashboards. Designed and developed Detailed Credit Analysis Report using BI Publisher which extracts the Markdown reasons and multiple credit requests
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Informatica Power Center 8.1, Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC), Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Delivers, Teradata, Windows XP, UNIX/LINUX Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, and TOAD 6.3/7.0.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. OBIEE Developer
- Implemented OBIEE 10g, and designed an efficient BI Architecture which includes ODI as ETL tool and Oracle e-Business suite as source system.
- Worked closely with the business users to identify various KPI's and designed solutions to enhance business decision-making.
- Participated in complete life cycle of the project from project initiation, to development, to production support and maintenance.
- Worked on Oracle BI EE Administration tool for customizing the Physical layer, Business layer, Presentation layer and modifying it according to the business requirements.
- Worked as a lead and off-shore/on-site coordinator and maintained good work flow from business to resources.
- Created Connection pools, import physical tables and defined joins in the Physical Layer.
- Developed and customized some of the existing Dimensions (Drill-Down Hierarchies) & Logical objects in Business Model Layer, and creating the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Created Global/Local Prompts, Narrative Views, Filters, Charts, Pivot Tables, Compound layouts to design the dashboards.
- Created Security settings in Oracle Administration Tool to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and also managed security for groups in BI Answers.
- Developed Dashboards for each of metrics by embedding reports and providing intuitive drill-downs and links to exploit the full benefit of Analytics in providing summary and detail reports.
- Used OBIEE Delivers to automate iBot queries, obtain weekly reports and to send alerts to related managers and secured team members.
- Worked in creating Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets.
- Used DAC (Data warehouse Application Console) for both incremental and full loads.
- Monitored and Scheduled ETL along with reducing application configuration and development time by using DAC.
- Enhance performance of Reports/Dashboards by implementing the Aggregate tables, Table execution path by making use of hints, Creation/Re-building of Indices and Cache Management.
- Involved in developing the Incremental ETL process (Mappings & Mapplets) using various Transformation and Workflows with Sessions/Tasks, executed workflows through shell scripts using pmcmd.
- Created & saved several BI Publisher reports by selecting an Answers request as Data Source.
- Built multiple execution plans in DAC for weekly and daily loads.
- Created comprehensive and easy-to-understand Documentation of the complete implementation of the Customer Sales Business modules (Reports, Dashboards, Security and Star schema).
- Build test cases and tested the Reports/Dashboards by comparing the SQL Output on the Data warehouse to the values in the Reports/Dashboards, documented the test results.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 10.1.3.4, Informatica Power Center 8.1.1, Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC), Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Delivers, Windows XP, UNIX/LINUX Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, and TOAD 6.3/7.0.
- Installed and configured OBIEE on Windows.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements from various sources, ensuring the needs and delivery feasibility.
- Experience in Preparing Design Specification documents based on functional requirements and also involved in the preparation of Technical Design Documents.
- Built the Physical Layer /Business Model and Mapping Layer/ Presentation Layer of a Repository by using Star Schemas.
- Enabled Usage Tracking Table and Dashboards.
- Created Time Series measures Year ago, Month Ago, Year-to-date measures using AGO and ToDate functions.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of reports by identifying the indexes required on the backend tables and also from the data available in the Cache.
- Modified Dynamic Session Variables used for Data Visibility, Configured Security at the repository level, Catalog level & the Siebel Application level.
- Involved in setting up IBots to run reports at scheduled time for Cache Seeding to Improve Query Performance using Caching.
- Designed Interactive Dashboards and created dashboard prompts with multiple selections.
- Involved in Repository Configuration, Troubleshooting, Migration and Server Administration of DEV, QA and PROD environment.
- Creating new measures as well as modifying the existing measures at RPD levels.
- Involved in creating dimensional hierarchies to support drill downs.
- Perform in depth Data Analysis and implemented Cleansing process and Data Quality.
- Designed and Implemented the Pre Staging and Staging approach, for cleansing using Informatica ETL.
- Developed and implemented the ETL approach from staging to target which is common irrespective of source system using Informatica.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.3.4, Informatica Power center 8.1, Teradata, Oracle10g, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, SQL, UNIX
- Created OBIEE Repository (.rpd) which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization, Dimensional Hierarchies, Aggregate Navigation, and Level Based Measures, Security Management (Data level/Object level security), Variables, Initialization blocks and cache management?
- Implemented Out-of-the-box Analytics Reporting Functionality of Siebel CRM Data mart Reporting. Incorporating Analytics will help users especially Sales and Installation Managers to analyze the performance of Sales Rep, Installers and Leads generated by Market.
- Successfully implemented OBIEE delivers/Created Proactive agents (iBots) and configured Interactive dashboards to alert the Business/Field users as per the requirements.
- Extensively worked on global filters for use in exercising dashboard wide control over requests that are embedded into a dashboard page.
- Created complex reports by using Set operations and direct database request.
- Worked extensively on security for users and groups based on the individual and group responsibilities.
- Developed dimensional hierarchies based on the business requirement of an attribute.
- Developed security matrix for dashboards/Answers users based on Individual responsibilities and LDAP Authentication type.
- Analyzed the source data, coordinated with Data Warehouse team in developing Relational Model. Designed and developed logical and physical models to store data retrieved from other sources including legacy systems.
- Experienced in deploying Informatica workflows to the Siebel DAC and created dependency and dependent hierarchical tasks. Streamlined the Execution Plans with their respective tasks in Siebel DAC.
- Used Analytics Scheduler to configure Delivers and iBots to notify the corporate managers and region managers immediately about the messages. Generated iBot alerts for reports to be delivered by email.
- Involved in the Development of Informatica mappings and mapplets and also tuned them for Optimum performance, Dependencies and Batch Design.
- Designed and Developed PL/SQL Procedures and UNIX Shell Scripts, Data Import/Export and Conversions.
- Involved in Analysis, Requirements gathering, functional /technical specifications development, deployment and testing
- Installed and configured OBIEE 10g and Custom development of the RPD on Oracle 10g RDBMS.
- Implemented Dashboard Prompts, and presentation variables for global reports and Dashboard usage.
- Effectively communicates with team members and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.2, Informatica Power Center 8.1, Erwin, Oracle 10g, OIC, Oracle R12 TOAD, DAC, MS SQL Server 2005, UNIX, Windows NT, Siebel Call Center(CRM),DB2, Oracle SQL Loader.