- 6.5 years of IT industry experience in all aspects of Business intelligence applications with a strong background in Database development, Data Warehousing /Decision support systems and Business Intelligence.
- Experience in database design & development, database programming, data modeling, business process analysis, and application development.
- Comprehensive knowledge and exposure to different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Experience in Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation and Maintenance using QlikView.
- Good expertise with the development and design of QlikView applications.
- Experience in QlikView Server and Publisher maintenance - Creating scheduled jobs for QVD extracts and report reloads.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices in both business management and technology domains.
- Experience in working with Data Warehousing and business intelligence tools for developing various reports using QlikView.
- Expertise in Installing and Configuring QlikView Desktop, QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher.
- Proven expertise in analyzing the Business Intelligence needs of the enterprise and building the enterprise Reporting architecture.
- Worked in close association with customers for requirement gathering and effective analysis.
- Exceptional background in analysis, design, development, customization, and implementation and testing of software applications and products
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal and communication skills with clear understanding of business process flow.
- Good understanding of QA/Test Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, SOA) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive experience in performing different types of testing including System Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Database Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Browser compatibility Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Worked with End users to develop User Acceptance Plan and Test Cases.
- Performed End-to-End testing and verified the workflows.
- Dedicated, highly motivated, disciplined, detail oriented, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team with Excellent Technical, Analytical, and Communication skills.
BI Tools: QlikView BI, OBIEE, SSIS,SSRS, Informatica
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle9i/10g/11g, DB2, Teradata, MySQL
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, VB Script, Servlets, JSP.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Visio 2000.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT, UNIX.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, VB Script, Shell Scripting.
Other Tools: MS Access, MS-Excel, MS InfoPath, Visio.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Extract a heavily normalized data set from SAP BW and build a data model with Link Table and Master Calendar to connect the various fact tables with the master tables.
- Use SAP ReloadDD and Script Builder (SAP Connector) to connect to SAP BW DSO’s and generate QVD’s.
- Data Validation and analysis based on the data pulled into QlikView from SAP.
- Front End build based on a prototype proof of concept.
- Build a main dashboard with overall details of both AD and COPD market products (growth, baseline, MTD, etc) and different sheets for additional information for performance details, summary, budgets, call activity and call & change details.
- Implement conditional expressions and dimensions for some charts to show different metrics in the same chart based on selections by users.
- Involved in creating publisher tasks for data extraction, reload and loop and reduce based on territorial hierarchy.
- Technical Documentation detailing the use of data model on backend and different charts and variables on front end.
- Creating support transition documents with details of all publisher jobs and the order in which they need to be run. Impact and solutions document with details of probable problems that may arise and the solution to fix the issue.
Environment: QlikView 11, SAP BW (data source), QlikView SAP Connector
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Worked with the finance teams to identify the business reporting needs and studied current reporting practices outside of Qlikview through pivot tables.
- Participated on business requirement document preparation.
- Participated in Scrum stand up meetings.
- Created SQL Stored Procedures and Views to fetch the data from database to build reports.
- Designed and created the financial dashboard reports for Executive board of company.
- Modified existing reports using QlikView.
- Maintained and updated the dashboard reports as required by client.
- Analyzed the external financial and regulatory reporting, intercompany and internal management reporting needs of the business process.
- Installed, configured and deployed Qlikview application on top of Oracle DB.
- Created and maintained OLE DB/ODBC connections for all environments.
- Developed hierarchical business model for company codes, account numbers, line of business, treaty/plan, customers and adjustment periods.
- Designed dashboards identifying the KPIs and to support the time comparison between budgets and actual.
- Designed Executive Sales Analysis Dashboard that offers fast and flexible access to all key information across the enterprise.
- Implemented security using QlikView section access technology that dynamically hides selected areas of the dashboard depending upon user privileges.
- Maintained user guides and documentation for Qlikview applications.
Environment: Qlikview 10.0/11, Oracle, SQL Server, TeraData, SAP, Excel, CSV files.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Following of entire QA Process and defect Management life cycle for every project.
- Understanding requirements from the Functional Specifications and BRD. Attend Meeting with Business and Development teams for better understanding of the requirements.
- Ambiguity Review and Scenario Identifications.
- Master Test Document Creation.
- Attended Agile-Scrum meetings and reviewed user stories and developed the Test Cases accordingly for detailed functionalities for the multiple projects.
- Manually create, develop and execute exhaustive Test Cases based on the specification, document and use cases.
- Participated in Load and performance testing using LoadRunner by creating virtual users in virtual user generator and running the different scenarios in the controller
- Validation of web application across multiple browsers - IE, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox
- Recorded QTP scripts and executed them for automation testing
- Wrote and enhanced QTP scripts using VB scripting
- Document and reporting of all found defects in Quality Center.
- Involved in maintaining and uploading the QTP Scripts to Quality Center
- Preparing reports like Defect Statistics and Tracking, Weekly and daily status reports.
- Creation of Detailed Understanding Documents for future reference.
- Knowledge management using SharePoint.
- Involved in review of System, Functional, Technical and Use case documents.
- Regular Interaction with the Business, Development teams for better understanding of the requirements.
- Creation of test scenarios based on Use cases.
- Active involvement in preparation of Test plan.
- Extensive involvement in creation of Test cases and Test Data.
- Active participation in review of test cases.
- Carried out Functional, Integration, Regression and System testing manually.
- Creation and Execution of SQL Queries.
- Defect Logging, Verification and Tracking in Quality Center.
- Participated in Defect Management meetings as needed.
- Attending Daily, Weekly and Project meetings to discuss about testing status.
- Creation of Test Artifacts like “Traceability Matrix, Defect Density reports, Weekly and Daily status reports”.
Environment: Quality Center, Load Runner, Rally, Eggplant, QTP, Selenium IDE, Greenhat (Basic), AQT.
- Involved in performing manual testing on functionalities like Life Insurance, Mutual funds, Retirement/401k plan and Annuities.
- Reviewed the Business requirements document (BRS) and Approach documents.
- Documented test cases corresponding to business rules and Use cases. Created Test Plans in Quality center.
- Used Quality Center extensively for bug reporting and to execute the test cases and maintained each Run separately, as and when the Plug will be created or closed the same will be updated in Quality Center.
- Performed Back-end testing using SQL queries to validate data in the SQL server.
- Involved in creating test scenarios, test plan development and execution. Wrote test cases from requirements to check the functionality of the application.
- Performed functional, regression testing viewing and analyzing results, defect tracking, defect reporting and documentation.
Environment: Manual, Quality Center, .Net, MS Office, Windows XP and SQL server