- Accomplished hands - on IT Professional with 20+ years of success in various strategic and hands on IT leadership roles in the areas of Information Technology, IT Consulting, Telecommunications, Customer Support, implementation Engineering, IT Security and Business Development.
- Expert in strategic and tactical planning, client relationship management, corporate governance, and change management.
- Dynamic management career spans IT Operations, Network Engineering, PCI compliance, data governance, telecommunications, and technical support.
- Technical strategic and tactical planning, able to implement and influence the strategic direction of both technology and business initiatives.
- Natural leadership style, integrating “best practices” with staff talents to create a high-energy workforce with maximized synergy.
- Proactive problem solver, implementing solutions with careful consideration to the bottom line, long-range goals, feasibility and ease of use. goals, feasibility and ease of use.
IT Operations & Physical SecurityBusiness Continuity/Disaster Recovery
Technical SupportChange Control Management
Staffing/Training/Team-Building$MM Budget Accountability
Project ManagementContract Negotiation
CiscoClient Relationship Management
Wireless SystemsTelephony Systems
ETL DevelopmentOn Shore/Off Shore support and dev augmentation
ProcurementF5 Load balancers
Recent Hands On: Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus 5K and 7K, Cisco Routers, Cisco Firewall, Cisco Wireless Aps, Cisco wireless access control, Cisco UCS, F5 Load balancing, VMWare vCenter, ManageEngine, Solarwinds, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft SQL, Infogenesis POS, Eatec, Kronos, Mimecast, Offshore/onshore resourcing, Staff Augmentation, IT Procurement, IT Project Management, App Hosting, Powershell
Previous Hands On (more than 3 years ago): Trustwave, Cisco BBSM, ADP, Visual Basic, Crystal Reports, VB Scripting, HP Blade Center, Micros, Fidelio, NCR, HP SANs, AlertLogic, GFI LanGuard, Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
Directly Managed (with some minor hands on) and Implementation: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Telepresence, McAfee Firewall, McAfee Access control, McAfee Intrusion detection, McAfee SEIM, Palo Alto Firewall and access control, McAfee data protection and encryption, Citrix xenDesktop, Citrix XenApp, Citrix NetScaler, Citrix Access Gateway, Thin computing, Smartsheet, BMC Footprints Service Desk Software, ServiceNow, Symantec, Nagios, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce, InContact, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Nice Call recording, Pingfederate identity Management, Okta Identity Management, EMC SANs, NetApp storage, Microsoft Dynamix AX, Oracle, HOTSOS
Confidential, Kissimmee, FL
Sr. Director, IT Shared Services
- Strategic and hands - on management of the daily operations for IT operations, telecommunications, and support across multiple locations including, 14 Sales Centers, 26 Resorts, 2 Call Centers, 2 Title offices, 2 Regional Sales offices, and 4 Corporate office locations nationally.
- Direct oversight and accountability for implementation and management of IT technologies at all resort, remote offices and sales centers.
- Led management operations for IT support call center including, Application Support, Service Desk and 2nd tier field support with escalation teams, for a 3000 plus user environment. Identified need, traveling to sites, which led to creating a remote support team, increasing support speed and quality of delivery of IT services, that provide the high support levels needed for sustained operations. Team creation allowed for fostering relationships with property General Manager, Managing Directors, and Regional Vice Presidents in order to create synergies and collaboration on projects, ensuring IT expectations are met.
- Responsible for creating policies, operational procedures, and standards to maintain consistent delivery and support levels across the organization.
- Partnered with multiple business verticals to implement and support IT construction projects increasing guest satisfaction and sales revenues.
- Design, plan, and install IT for 3 Multi-million-dollar revenue producing sales centers in Arizona and Texas increasing Sales revenues.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems for installation of PBX installations standardizing support company wide, reducing ongoing break/fix expense, and introducing consistent functionality contributing to overall ROI.
- Partnered with Brand Delivery to implement company standards delivering consistent systems across portfolio of properties, saving operational expenses by removing inconsistent product and support contracts.
- Plan and budget technology install for first Holiday Inn Express attached to Resort location introducing reduced marketing cost for tours reducing costs and increasing of revenue.
- Implemented travel team with broad skills knowledge to proactively maintain and update systems at remote locations, reducing support calls, and minimizing the amount of travel expenses for projects and hands on maintenance.
- Promoted to create and implement updated operational process and procedure for standardization of NOC operations and realign activities to support company directives.
- Operational management and direction ofIT Operations in Confidential with 20 direct report Engineering and support personal.
- Database engineering and support
- IT Systems Engineering and support
- IT Network Engineering and support
- ITSecurity Engineering and support
- VDI Engineering and support
- IP Telephony Engineering and support
- Responsible for strategic planning, tactical execution and support of all IT Infrastructure activities. Managed vendor relationships, staff augmentation agreements and internal resources to implement scalable IT solutions and technology providing a consistent customer experience while providing centralized managed support for ongoing growth opportunity.
- Accountable for aligning daily IT operations activities to support business initiative and projects, confer with users and management to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes as part of change advisory team. Implement training for users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Facilitate and manage the conversion and integration of IT systems at 13 acquired resorts, 2 Call Centers, 3 data centers, and 2 Corporate offices as part of a $250MM acquisition which doubled the company’s footprint in a one-year period without need to add FTEs.
- Organized department to optimize support of environment to meet customer demand, maintaining core competencies and proprietary knowledge which scale for growth of company without the need to add to FTE support staff, through staff augmentation and vendor relationships.
- Implemented mitigating controls and new systems to obtain PCI compliance and obtaining ROC (Report of Compliance) obtaining Tier 1 merchant compliance for credit cards in just over one year, securing the ability to maintain credit card transactions through existing systems.
- Plan and implement technology at one 600 seat call center and one 300 seat call center supporting.
Sr. Director, Data Systems and IT Security
- Promoted to Sr. Director, Data Systems and IT Security to build a data management team to create standards, develop and implementation of data management strategy, including the protection of data through IT security measures including end-point security. Managed daily operations of 6 direct reports including SQL and Oracle Database Engineers and application programmers to develop new data management platform, as well as support and upgrade the underlying infrastructure and security the systems run on.
- Accountable for the migration of Oracle EBS, Daybreak Mortgaging systems, and over 30 SQL proprietary databases to new infrastructure with minimal customer impact over 8-month period leveraging existing software licenses and VMWare technology. Led the upgrade project of Oracle EBS upgrade, Oracle Daybreak, Oracle DB, and SQL database. With collaboration of business units and development teams created workflows to support development of data movement and governance, creating a keying system to manage and distribute data from source systems to receiving systems maintaining data consistency across multiple application platforms.
- Managed resources, both internally and external vendors to complete tasks. Monitored and tracked project milestones and deliverables to communicate status to key stake holders. Responsible for creating systems and scanning processes under the adherence of PCI rules for Report of compliance for American Express.
- Planned and Implemented two new EMC CX4 SANs replacing aging HP SAN infrastructure in 3-month period negotiating a savings of $500K.
- Implement contractual agreement and managed relationship of on/off shore Oracle and SQL database development and support to create 24x7 engineering, support and monitoring for DB systems.
- Implemented penetration testing and scanning processes of Credit Card systems to maintain compliance with Confidential Credit Card security practices, keeping compliancy to continue ability to take credit card payments.
Director, Network Operations
- Operational management and direction ofIT Operations in Confidential and remote project support. Lead 9 direct reports and 1 manager consisting of Network Engineers, telephony engineers and support professionals through hands on management of a single site data center.
- Responsibilities include supporting data center with over 200 servers, supporting four call centers, up to a growing number of 13 resorts and over 1500 employees.
- Design, procure and install of 1200 Sq. Ft data center systems, including entire space planning, development and buildout.
- Implementation of redundant core systems including
- Cisco VXR routers
- Nexus 5000 core switches
- Network segmentation with four VDCs
- Cisco firewalls
- Supported and installed Cisco networking equipment, firewall, routers, and switches.
- Oversee the Development and implementation of VMware environment for centralized management of server environment, reducing the overall cost of ownership of hardware, increase server deployment time, and create redundancies for hardware failover, keeping uptime to 5 nines.
- Maintained and responsible for operational and capital budgets in excess of $9MM.
- Led development and implementation of VDI infrastructure company wide, providing flexibility for call center environments for flexibility of adds, moves and changes as needed, without need for onsite IT personnel interaction.
Manager, Technology Support Services
- Hands-on management of daily IT support and network operations.
- Led network engineers and support staff for daily support of office systems, network and Infrastructure.
- Responsible for supporting overall company infrastructure, customer hardware and retail software and hardware solutions.
- HP Server and end user equipment hardware
- Cisco Firewalls, Routers, and Switches
- Infogensis F&B/Retail and Proprietary POS systems
- Microsoft Product suite
- SQL Database systems
- AS400 Systems
- Proprietary PMS and reservations systems
Confidential, Cape Canaveral, FL
Manager, Shipboard Information Systems
- Global management of IT for shipboard systems across ten ships worldwide.
- Responsible for shipboard IT direction and infrastructure installation delivery including budget for shipboard IT operations and dry dock retrofit projects.
- Implemented and maintained corporate connectivity via satellite communications with oversight of corporate interconnectivity.
- Member of director’s advisory board to promote and recommend IT projects and Capital expenditures.
- Lead ship refurbishment projects, including, planning, resourcing, budget, and implementation. (Dry-dock and Wet-dock IT projects)
- Development and delivery of mobile port agent check-in stations for oversees ports, and non-regular port check-in.
- Responsible for Telephone PBX upgrades, and new installations with acquired vessels.
- Planning, budget and Installation of MTN broadband satellite installation fleet wide.
- Standardized 7 operational locations and three merged companies on alike product ordering and inventory systems.
- Standardized, planned and installation of PMS for Shipboard Customer Management.
- Standardized, planned and installation of POS systems fleet wide.
- Developed and implemented Air-o-net Wireless (Currently Cisco) network setups delivering greater network flexibility
- Prepare and Operate 3.5MM shipboard systems budget