- Six plus years of IT experience wif Tableau inAnalysis, Design, Development and Testing of data warehousing applications.
- Experience in all phases of project development life cycle in Data Warehousing - Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production Support.
- Expertise in the design and development of Tableau visualization and dashboard solutions using Tableau Desktop and publishing them on Tableau Server/Public/Reader and external websites.
- Proficient in creating rich visualizations using Tableau Desktop.
- Expertise in end-to-end Tableau Designer from dashboard design/development to deployment / maintenance.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau and documented upgrade plan from (Tableau 8.0 to 9.0).
- Experience in creating Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Knowledge of extracted data from multiple data sources and created data extract files (TDE) for fast query execution in Tableau.
- Experience in designing reports using Cascading parameters, Sub reports, linking reports, various charts and AdHoc reports using
- Experience in creating complex Spotfire dashboards and visualizations by using the key concepts
- Good noledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in involving Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Support for various Data Warehousing and Reporting applications.
- Experience in Informatica (ETL) tools which is widely used in building enterprise data ware house.
- Involved in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning SQL Server and resolving issues wifin Tableau Server and Reports.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, User-defined Functions, Views, Cursors and Triggers.
- Good experience in creating drill down, drill through, matrix, parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Worked on data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SSIS which helped to easily move and manipulate data from heterogeneous environment.
- Expertise in working on ETL, Good in Data warehouse concepts.
- Experience working wif Extract & Live connections wif high data volumes and connecting to multiple data sources like Oracle, MS Access, Excel, and My SQL using Data Blending.
- Excellent Communication, Team and Independent Player wif excellent Organizational and Interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience wif Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading from disparate sources like Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, flat files, CSV files, etc into a common Data Model using Informatica.
- Experienced in TOAD, PL/SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant stored procedures, functions.
- Strong experience in databases such as Oracle 10g/ 9i, Teradata, SQL Server on UNIX, Windows 2000/NT/98 platform.
- Excellent analytical and logical programming skills, good understanding at conceptual level.
- Experience in developing interactive dashboards in using Tableau.
- Ability to work well in groups as well as independently wif minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well wif diverse groups and business users.
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
- Excellent communication, presentation, verbal and writing skills.
BI Tools: Tableau, Business Objects 4.2,4.1,XIR3/R2, Crystal Reports, Qlikview, PowerBI
ETL Tools: Alteryx,Informatica PowerCenter 7.x/6.x, SSIS 2012
Databases: Teradata, Oracle 10g/9i/ 8i, MS SQL Server
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, C++, C, UNIX Shell Scripting
Other Packages: MS Office - MS Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint.
Operating Systems: Windows 2012, XP/NT, Unix
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Worked extensively in creating dashboards using Tableau that includes tools like Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 9.0, 8.2and 8.1.
- Involved in the administration of Tableau server like installations, upgrades, user, user groups creation and setting up security features.
- Managing the Metadata associated wif the ETL processes used to populate the Data Warehouse.
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Identified the factors involving the performance of the reports and coordinated in creation of indexes, statistics to improve the query turnaround time efficiently.
- Involved in Installation and upgrade of Tableau server and server performance tuning for optimization.
- Worked on creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Reviewed Business requirements, documented requirements, and prepared the dashboards as per the requirements
- Extracted data from different sources connecting them and used the same to create dashboard
- Modified the existing dashboard as per the user requirements. Used Tableau Desktop for creating different interactive views and dashboards.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Created various types of charts to provide better visualization.
- Used Tableau Desktop created Interactive reporting dashboards by combining multiple views.
- Wrote UNIX and SQL scripts for pre & post session processes and to automate daily loads.
- Performed unit test/integrated testing scenarios which were used to obtain the UAT's.
- Developed narratives that describe the technical process in business terms.
- Communicated on daily basis wif stakeholders and clients on Tableau related activities.
Environment: Oracle 12G, Tableau 2019.2, PL/SQL Developer, Alteryx
Confidential, Tulsa, OK
Tableau Analyst/ BI Consultant
- Interacted wif Business users, Business Analysts to understand reporting requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Involved in the development of new TableauDashboards and publishing them to Tableau Server.
- Effectively involved in the data migration from Teradata server to MySQL Server of other reporting Systems.
- Effectively involved in the administration of TableauServer.
- Involved in the upgrade of Tableau server to its new version 9.1
- Build many Tableau reports using Bar Char, side-by-side bars, stacked bars, maps, tree map, pie charts, line charts, interactive reports using Tableau Desktop and Dashboard.
- Developed Tableau workbooks using DataBlending feature which involves the integration of multiple data sources like relational database and flat files.
- Involved in the different Dashboard actions like URL Filters, Action Filter and User Filters.
- Performed different calculations like Quick table calculations, Date Calculations, Aggregate Calculations, String and Number Calculations.
- Build Tableau Dashboards on different sources like Oracle Database, Flat Files (excel, csv) and OLAP database.
- Created Tableau data extracts (.tde) files to import dashboard users from csv file to Tableau Server using Extract API.
- Involved in the creation of Users and User Groups in the Tableau server.
- Worked on Tableau Command line tools tabadmin for Configuration settings in tableau Server and tabcmd for users, groups creation.
- Effectively involved in the maintenance of DataServer, metadata management, creating shared Datasources and publishing them to Tableau Server.
- Involved in creating Project workbench and published the reports as Object Package to BI Platform.
- Created Teradata External loader connections such as MLoad, Upsert,Update, and Fastload while loading data into the target tables in Teradata Database.
- Loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and development warehouse using BTEQ, FASTEXPORT, MULTILOADandFASTLOAD.
- Created TD Objects like Tables, Views and used TeradataMacros for various Teradata analytic functions wif the usage of techniques like RANK, ROWNUMBER and Ordered Analytical functions.
- Automate Teradata SQL Jobs in LINUX using Shell scripting.
Environment: MS Sql server, Tableau