- Over 9 years of experience in Finance, OTC Derivative, Equity, Interest Rate Derivative and Fixed Income Operations, Market Risk and Treasury system in the banking Industry.
- Excellent product noledge about financial derivatives, interest rate derivative, structured products, equity, fixed income, forex, FX options, risk management and market analysis.
- Excellent leadership and managerial capabilities, team - building and monitoring tasks to achieve high productivity, build and execute plans for the team, drive the team towards one goal and provide excellence service.
- Trading floor experience: Capital market exposure in Trade capture, Risk Management and Operations, Front to back office trade flows of Confidential New York, Confidential (BMO) and TD Securities.
- Monitoring the entire front, middle, back office operations related to exotic and structured derivative products, their life cycle and defining a structured process flow.
- Excellent documentation skills wif appropriate requirement techniques such as workshops, interviews, peer reviews for requirement elicitation in SDLC/waterfall as well as agile project model.
- Credence - Quadryx, Reuters - Kondor Plus Trade Processing, Bloomberg, ION - Anvil/Multi Market Interface (MMI), First Derivative - Cognotec, WallStreet (WSS), Broadridge Gloss & Impact, SmartStream Corona, REG-Reporter (Sofgen/Lombard Risk), Eagle, Calypso, Imagine, Endur - OpenLink.
- Evaluation of trading applications such as ION, Murex, I-flex, Reuters, Credence Analytics and Calypso.
- Tarn, Snow Ball wif Barrier, Cross Currency Swap, Range Accruals, Strip, Constant Maturity Swap, Window Barrier, Forward Rate Agreement, Interest Rate Derivative, Swaption, Repo, Reverse Repo, Futures, FX products - FX Spot, Forward, Swap, FX Option, Structured Notes like Dual Currency Note, FX Linked Note, Rate Linked Note, Commodity Linked Note.
Business Analysis Processes: Stakeholder Identification, UML / Use Cases, Mock - up, Requirement Engineering, Business and Financial Case Development, Change ManagementProject Management: Leadership and Team Management Techniques, Group Facilitation, Scope Management, Work Breakdown Structure
Business Analysis Techniques: Conducting meetings, Workshop Facilitation, Observation, Peer Review, Benefits Realisation Reviews, Post Implementation Reviews
Leadership and Management skills: Leadership and Team Management Techniques, Employee and Peer Review, Team Building, Scope Management, Work Breakdown Structure, Building and executing Team strategy
Senior Business Consultant
- Managed multiple settlement related Change-the-bank (CTB) projects wif global teams involving migration of non-core settlement functionalities from the settlement application to appropriate reporting systems.
- Gatheird, analysed and documented business requirement document (BRD) for streamlining stock availability d Confidential across the institutional sales group in one of the largest investment banks.
- Managed settlement and risk related initiatives and interacted wif multiple regions stakeholders to understand and define current and future state of settlement and risk applications.
- Involved in preparing proposals for different clients such as Confidential and Confidential .
- Produced high quality deliverables to client for settlement, risk related programs/projects.
Senior Business Analysis
- Prepared the SRS (System Requirement Specification), Charter and Business Case and BRD (Business Requirement Document) for TD Securities and TD Ameritrade Fixed Income project and new issue initiatives.
- Dealt wif different FX products such as spot, forward, forward option and swap.
- Worked on First Derivative Cognotec AD+ FX trading platform upgrade project.
- Led the FX project team for several FX desk initiated commercial and retail banking projects such as Visa Money Transfer project, US Bill Payment for Canadians, FX Rate Optimization.
- Identified areas of change and improvement using appropriate processes for FX trading on Bloomberg.
- Worked on FX Bloomberg prices distribution project for automated RFQ and STP process to Wallstreet system (WSS).
- Verified valuation and pricing for capital market structured products such as commodity linked notes, equity linked notes.
- Prepared complete life cycle trade flow of fixed income, equity, structured and interest rate derivative products from front to middle and back office systems for New Product Approval Process (NPAP) to ensure appropriate coverage of the business requirement.
- Improved process and conducted testing of the captured requirements against existing system functionality.
- Reviewed and evaluated the proxy trades in Eagle application for accurate risk calculation.
- Worked on the verification and motoring of the hedges and option expiry of the structured products.
- Analysed the P&L gaps for all structured products to close the gap between front office and middle/back office systems.
- Prepared the process flow for each line of business in the structured product area to identify functionality gaps.
- Took initiative and coordinated directly wif the Front Office to understand the process and redefine it correctly to achieve correct P&L for Canada Equity Trading sales desk. Resolved expenses for equity Canada trading desks related to option billing and reclassified the same under correct LOB (Line of Business). dis resulted in resolution of average monthly P&L mismatch of around 2.7 million CAD in the above desk.
- Defined the accounting policy for basis swap margin related to commodity basis swap wif the coordination of head of accounting policy group, product valuation group, commodities trading desk head and executive management committee. dis resulted in the recovery of 1.08 million CAD for commodity trading business from suspense account.
Manager - Business Analysis
- Prepared implementation strategy, test cases and transaction flow (front, middle and back office), executed test plan and cases for Fixed Income Expansion project in New York.
- Worked wif the front office trading and sales desk to implement ION MMI, Anvil and Webfits for fixed income products such as treasuries, agencies and mortgage backed securities.
- Analysed d Confidential flow and interface requirements between ION MMI, Anvil and Broadridge IMPACT.
- Investigated trade breaks across multiple interfaces and implemented changes by working wif development teams and vendors.
- Managed stake-holder’s expectation and extensively communicated wif vendors like ION, Broadridge, Sofgen (Lombard Risk) and internal IT staff.
- Led other business analysts and technology team in New York and Toronto to resolve issues related to trade and position flow from front to back-office systems, ensuring dat products are priced correctly and reconciliations are done correctly in the settlement system.
- Supervised the OTC (Over The Counter) derivative business of Confidential . Reported to the Head of Treasury. Well versed wif exotic derivatives and structured products such as Tarn, Snow Ball wif Barrier, Cross Currency Swap, Single Currency Swap, Range Accruals, Strip, Constant Maturity Swap, Window Barrier, Forward Rate Agreement, Swaption.
- Worked wif Front office traders in generating and analyzing the daily P&L by books.
- Explained the daily P&L movements, provided the P&L breakdown and attributed the P&L to the underlying risks.
- Provided advisory services to Treasury Front Office, Treasury Mid Office Market Risk, Credit Risk regarding the processes, procedures and strategies of derivative deal settlement as well as the bank’s position.
- Prepared weekly analytical reports and escalation reports for senior management.
- Oversaw the processing functions comprising of validation, calculation of pay off, authorisation in the system, settlement of the deals by executing the following activities:
- Built excel models for monitoring exotic derivative products as the old system was unable to support such product designs.
- Calculated the settlement amount of the different deals based on current market rates.
- Ensured timely and error free settlement of all the live deals.
- Ensured timely and correct exchange of transactions.
- Handled the trading operations in derivative markets, monitored clients’ portfolio performance and rendered sustained advisory services.
- Analyzed the financial capabilities of clients for doing derivative deals and ensured dat the underlying deals involved the minimum investment risk for the bank.
- Built a team of five, including the development of on-the-job programme to deliver improved services to the bank’s capital market clients. dis resulted in the doubling of the deal volume wifin a period of three years.
- Successfully migrated the existing software system (Credence - Quadryx) of the Derivative Back Office to ‘Reuters K+TP’ (Kondor Plus Trade Processing) System resulting in increased processing of large number of diverse deals through a single system.
- Managed the Profitability Analysis at various levels namely Product, Business Unit, Branch. Oversaw the presentation of financials to the board and share holders.
- Supervised the comparative analysis and bench marking wif peer group banks.
- Actively participated in strategy making and building mid term plans for the bank, keeping in mind the economic/market conditions and competitors.
- Converted Indian GAAP financials of Confidential to International Financial Reporting System (IFRS) for reporting to corporate office at ING Amsterdam.
- Analyzed the monthly expense and income for the bank. Also analyzed the variances of actual vs. forecast and actual vs. budget on a monthly basis
- Executed a critical project of “GL Code analysis and controlling” by allocating GL codes to business unit heads. The successful completion of dis project enabled easy understanding and preparation of the bank’s P&L (profit and loss), financial statement.
- Improved and implemented performance metrics such as Cost-Headcount Matrix (CHM), Risk Adjusted Return On Capital (MIS RAROC), Operational Risk Size Driver (ORSD) for the bank on a monthly basis.
- Worked on Project: “Indian Banking Industry - Perspective and Performance Analysis”
- Assessed Banks financial performance against a selected group of 13 Indian banks wif the help of internationally renowned CAMELS model.