- Overall ERP experience of 24 years, of which 6 years were NON - SAP, Automotive ERP relevant and 18 years of SAP experience including:
- Main focus on PS and IM.
- PS (Project Systems)
- FA (Fixed Assets)
- IM (Investment Capital Management)
- PM (Plant Maintenance)
- QM (Quality Management)
- Integration Points with SD, FICO, CATS (HR) and MM Modules.
- Expert knowledge and configuration experience with all aspects of the PS, FA, IM, PM and QM modules, and Versions 3.1h, 4.0b, 4.6c, and 4.7 Enterprise. Most recently PS, AA, IM for version 5.0 (Retail Industry specific) and ECC5.0 and ECC6.0 for PS, IM (US Navy).
- Proficient in developing, maintaining Project plan with specific Milestones, phases, and tasks. Assign resources to appropriate level of skilled pool of consultants and client counterparts. Execute project to timeline in the project plan.
- Design, develop and delivery of Professional Services (Industry specific), Pre-configured R/3 PS. Integration with cProjects, portals and other R/3 modules, HR-CATS, SD, FICO, MM.
- Hands-on Team Lead experience with PS, IM, QM, and PM in version 4.6d. 4.7 Enterprise for IS-PS, and in 4.7 Enterprise for manufacturing process industries, and ECC 5.0 & ECC 6.0. These recent engagements also included the integration aspects of CATS to PS and PM related WBS/Networks and work orders. Specific CATS development inclusive of T&E captured and passed to PS and A/P
- Oil and Gas/Saudi Arabia - Design, develop business processes and 2 way integration mapping for Confidential EPM project use of SAP PS/IM/AA with Primavera P6 and Unifier.
- Proficient in ABAP query, and InfoSystem report generation and design Spec development for reporting gaps to utilize BW reporting functions
- Comprehensive experience with the ASAP methodology., and other similarly engineered processes
- Participated in four implementations, with multiple site rollouts. In a previous assignment, use of process manufacturing implementation, involving 7 plants and 10 distribution centers were the unique requirements. Use of integrated cross application time sheets were utilized in this engagement
- Completed full life cycle projects in five implementations, including process analysis, business modeling, concept testing, configuration, configuration and BPD Scripting, unit and integration testing, report development, training and post implementation support.
- Experienced Project Management skills for SAP R/3 Core and subsequent phase roll out projects at Senior Manager level.
- Functioned as a core team member and PS, IM, FA, PM, and Supply Chain Management, QM Team Lead
- Automotive, 11+ years ( Confidential, Confidential, Daimler-Chrysler Finance Arm of Engineering, Research and Development (E R&D)
- APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) processes for collaboration with Tier 1 Suppliers to Big 3.
- Coordination with Project Managers, Quality Managers, Engineers.
- Project creation based on the APQP template using cProjects
- Roles and authorization definition for different parties in cProjects
- Project Resource Planning
- Document uploading
- Checklist maintenance
- Checklist Items status maintenance
- Q-Gate: Initiating Phase Approval
- Project Evaluation
- Control Plan
- Collaboration via cFolders
- Q-Gate: Phase and project completion approval
- Oil and Gas Industry experience, 5 ½ years ( Confidential, Arrow Specialty Co oilfield engines, Vinson Supply Co oilfield casing & tubing distribution, National Tubular Co oilfield casing & tubing manufacturing)
- Underground Utilities & Distribution - 3 years (Davis Water&Waste underground utilities/distribution)
- IT (Information Technology) Systems Services, 23+ years
- Project Management Experience, 5 years
- Consulting Experience, 18+ years
- Tax Analyst, 2 years (Internal Revenue Service)
- United States Air Force (USAF)-Security Systems/Crypto, 4 years
Senior Consultant/Systems Design
- Confidential EPM project with specific requirements to develop, design 2 way integration/interface SAP PS/IM, Primavera P6, Unifier and Intellex.
- Review current “as-is” business processes, and compare with “to be”.
- Develop Gap analysis, identify functional vs technical issues and prioritize issues.
- Develop iterations of POC (proof of concept) to ensure client is aware and can authorize/confirm final design, configuration and integration segments.
- Collaborate with off shore and on shore technical resources to develop, test, POD, and approve all RICEFW requirements and issues relative to systems integration with SAP, Primavera P6, Unifier and intellex,
- Collaborate with technical resources to map mandatory and optional fields between each affected screen/field combination where data is needed for two integration of business processes, utilizing SAP, Primavera P6, etc….
- Investigate and present alternate processing schemas for POC to give client choices and “Best Practice” recommendations for all proposed integration solutions.
Confidential, Denver, Co
SAP PS/IM & SCM Senior Consultant
- Transition project involving QA assistance with Lockheed Martin, to smoothly set-up and transition Utility Industry business processes and financials from National Grid (NG) to LIPA (Long Island Power Admin), now known as PSEG-LI.
- Liase with Work Order Management, Non-Utility Billing, Fleet (PM), and SCM (Supply Chain Management (MM, IM/WM) to facilitate and ensure quality of all testing cycles.
- Ensure quality and validate all conversion data files for above areas.
- Ensure segregation of business processes and financials for security and processing are to expected guidelines as outlined in Project charter.
- Facilitate and validate final Cutover activities for Go-Live (Jan 1st 2014).
- Post Go-live support to facilitate collection of pertinent “issue” details that expedite resolution process, and recognize trends iand identify mass-user fixes via single help ticket and resolution method.
- Project Initiative Phase 1 Identify current Legacy System capabilities and duplicate all exactly in SAP. Improvements/enhancements to be identified as scope for Phase 2 Best Practice Functionality
- Data Prep and mapping
- Data Conversion
- Mock 1-5 Cut over timeline
- Final Cutover (Go-Live)
- Conversion Data validation
- Manual creation/load of select projects not included in legacy extracts.
- Rack and stack (moratorium on legacy system processing during black-out (3-6 days before Go-live)
- Configuration and Config Documentation
- Go-Live and support
- Gap Analysis in prep for Phase 2 initiatives
- RICEF requirements/documentation
- How to documentation (in lieu of BPPs)
- SharePoint maintenance for tracking and updating of project Issues, Tasks, Decisions and the associated resolutions.
- Initiate better and more robust best practice functions and business processes.
- Gap analysis suggestions provided to outline possible continuous improvement goals when the business is capable of utilizing more complex project structures, planning, profitability analysis, budgeting etc… to a higher degree of accuracy, and as the bandwidths of the business owners will allow them to position the business to succeed
- Evolving scope of work defined a need to leverage the work done/being done in the initial assignment (US requirements), as the business model for converting legacy PS data from the Australian arm of the business. Utilizing standardized PS Hierarchical Structures (template) as a model to produce NEW projects with consistent look and feel, and report global PS values, status, and analysis. Developing integrated cutover plan that includes the conversion tasks, and mock cutover events (at least two cycles) for the Australian legacy projects.
Senior PS Consultant/Team Lead
- Follow typical ASAP methodology to Capture requirement and define scope of implementation by phase (i.e. Blueprint, realization, test, conversion, go-live, etc)
- Blueprint and build process flows (Visio swim lane)
- Document Business Decisions
- Identify and Overlay User roles/Composite user roles with Process flows
- Overlay t-codes with user roles and process flows
- Identify/build templates for each Project type and project profile.
- Host workshops and engage team members for the purpose of extracting, distilling, documenting information needed to support the development of Projects
- Develop schedule for and manage tasks designed to execute 4 distinct testing cycles
- Review legacy systems data identify data to be migrated, cleansed, and map data to SAP PS by Project type.
- Coordinate data mapping with Programmer to ensure BAPIs are in alignment for migration. Test and validate results.
- Built test scripts for each test cycle, involving simple t-code testing to string testing and end to end testing. Migration and master data loads were incorporated into the test scripts as the data became available.
- Manage test script creation, execution, and results via Test Director.
- Develop and Manage training execution schedule by user roles.
- Build Infopak process simulations for use in training.
- Create training documentation to parallel Infopak recordings.
- Built and maintained cutover schedule, including mock cutover as a final test cycle prior to go-live.
- Rack and stack all potential project activity for brief moratorium window of time, for processing immediately after go-live.
- Post go-live support handle any/all user issues company wide. Manage and prioritize issues for resolution, and delegate to SMEs as may be appropriate.
Senior PS/IM Consultant/Functional Integration Manager
- Support the creation and review, completion and/or update of necessary Customer Input Templates (CITs) and other design documentation, including Functional Design Specifications (FDSs) and ARIS models in concert with Navy ERP efforts. This included support across all SAP and Advanced Planning functional modules, technical support and efforts to ensure integration across all planned ERP releases
- Support the creation and review or update of Functional Design Specifications (FDSs) and Technical Design Specifications (TDSs) for Navy requirements pertaining to:
- Reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements (RICE)
- Information management, e.g, business warehouse; workflow and document management.
- Provide SAP Portal related software engineering support, training, and mentoring. Services provided include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse Navy ERP design and development products; Navy ERP Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) Customer Input (CI) Templates and Functional Description Specifications (FSDs) for Navy ERP Release
- Support the review of training materials to ensure business processes and associated SAP functionality/configuration is accurately reflected
- Prepare white papers and associated supporting documentation, e.g., briefing materials, as required to support business process reengineering opportunities identified by the Business Process Team
- Support the issues resolution process by conducting analysis to resolve the issues, providing issues resolution alternatives and recommendations, and preparing white papers and associated supporting documentation, e.g., briefing materials, as required
- Support the risk and risk mitigation process by conducting analysis to resolve the risks and providing risk mitigation alternatives and recommendations, and preparing white papers and associated supporting documentation, e.g., briefing materials, as required
- Support the design efforts, taking into account previous lessons-learned from end user deficiencies and associated fixes
- Support the creation and review of Technical Functional Scripts (TFSs) to meet the requirements stipulated within the Navy’s Business Process Master List (BPML)
- Support the creation and review of Business Process Procedures (BPPs) to meet the requirements within the Navy’s BPML
- Support creation and review of the SAP IMG Configuration Settings and Enterprise Structure List to meet the requirements within the Navy’s BPML
- Support creation and review of Functional Prototype Unit Test Cases to meet the requirements within the Navy’s BPML
- Support the creation and review of Allocated Configuration Baseline (ACB) in preparation for the Design Readiness Review milestone to meet the requirements within the Navy’s BPML and, where applicable, with the Navy’s FDS requirements
- Support the creation and review of Functional Unit Test plans of BPPs developed during the Realization Phase to meet the requirements within the Navy’s BPML and, when applicable, with the Navy’s FDS requirements
- Support functional unit testing and document results and any deficiencies along with an associated corrective action plan
- Support creation and review of demonstration plans of the Functional String Test Cases to meet the requirements within the Navy’s BPML, and where applicable, with the Navy’s FDS requirements.
- Support the Functional Prototype Unit Testing and shall document results and any deficiencies along with an associated corrective action plan
- Support the creation and review of FDS Functional Test plans for end-to-end high-level designs to meet the requirements within the Navy’s FDS requirements. support the FDS functional testing for end-to-end high-level designs and shall document results and any deficiencies along with an associated corrective action plan
- Prepare documentation required in preparation of any relevant program milestone reviews, e.g. critical design review, design readiness review, etc.
- Support the creation and review of System Integration test scripts pertaining to the end-to-end master business scenarios and associated SAP functionality in preparation for the Test Readiness Review and subsequent Systems Integration Testing.
- Support the systems integration testing and shall document results and any deficiencies along with an associated corrective action plan
- Support Requests for Changes in preparation for presenting functional scope changes to the Configuration Change Board (CCB) /Configuration Management Board (CMB) for approval
- Document SAP software deficiencies in SAP Deficiency Request forms
- Witness and comment on various program milestone reviews, e.g., critical design review, design readiness review, test readiness review, production readiness review, etc. also witness and comment on relevant Navy ERP Process Council meetings. All accomplished in accordance with applicable guidelines and schedules determined by the Navy ERP Business Process Team.
- Substantiate that the SAP solution configured/developed by the System Integrator adheres to
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) Support provide functional and technical support related to various SCM products of Navy ERP (APS, APO, ICH, EM, SPP, BW and Extended Warehouse Management). Services provided shall include, but not limited to:
- Provide assistance in preparation of requirements, process design, and business scenario development, integration testing, training and go-live
- Provide assistance in analyzing current supply chain business processes and develop business cases to quantity the benefits of improved processes or best commercial practices
- Provide functional and technical support related to order fulfillment and planning which includes planning books and data views, macros, statistical forecast, collaborative planning, constrained and unconstrained planning, requisition processing, reporting and alerts
- Assist in the development and presentation of system demonstrations for senior management.
- Prepare the Defense Requirements (DRQs) that address functional gaps found in SCM modules.
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports related to the effectiveness of order fulfillment and planning effectiveness
- Provide functional and technical support related to various business processes with relationship to Supply (e.g. Financial, Maintenance and Acquisition Products of Navy ERP).
- Provide assistance in preparation of requirements, process design, and business scenario development, integration testing, training and go-live
- Provide assistance in analyzing current supply chain business processes and develop business cases to quantity the benefits of improved processes or best commercial practices. Supply Chain relationship and interdependence with other business processes must be accommodated in this task
- Assist in the development and presentation of system demonstrations for senior management
- Support the development and execution of Role Tests
- Support data mapping requirements between legacy, SAP and other Navy ERP PM tools
- Support the creation of data migration tools (load utilities/programs) for data migration. The following areas will be supported:
- Creating the data migration and loading plan that documents which systems and data structures will be migrated to the Navy ERP environment and the mechanisms for migrating the data
- Configuring and building the Navy ERP system for loading the required legacy data
- Configuring or building the tools required for the data migration process
- Testing the data extraction, transformation and load process for each legacy system
- Performing tests for quality assurance
- Performing data validation to ensure no loss of data occurred during the data load
- Establishing data archival and historical data retention plan data, including retention timeframes for archived data
- Documenting the data migration and loading steps and sequence required to extract and load data from all legacy systems.
- Data Load Sequence determination.
- Support the creation of a maintenance plan for the Navy ERP metadata environment to include that information pertaining to migrated data structures
- Support the creation of the data load plan for converting and loading data from the Navy's limited production systems and Legacy Systems into the Navy ERP production environment. Once the Navy approves the load plan, support the execution of the data load plan
- Support the creation of a Data Management Plan
- Support the creation of Data Loading and Migration Specifications (to include the data loading Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) required for loading legacy data into the Navy ERP system as the Navy brings additional sites on-board)
- Support development, update and review of extract specifications to articulate the data transformation requirements to legacy system data owners
- Support development of:
- Communication and face-to-face interaction with legacy data owners
- Legacy to SAP data mapping
- Legacy data preparation support
- Legacy data transformation guidance
- Sample legacy data preparation for RICE Unit test
- Integrated systems test data oversight
- Management of production legacy data awaiting conversion
- Test Bed Agreements with Legacy System Owners
- Legacy Test Data loading and synchronization with Navy ERP Test Bed to support Integrated Systems Test
- Data Cleansing for test of Release 1.0 Project Systems data.
- Support the creation of a data-mapping plan of legacy data to the Navy ERP system
- Assist Master and Transactional Data/Data Migration Team with acquiring ready-to-load test data for interfaces and conversions from the various legacy system owners in preparation for Systems Integration testing, specifically Integrated Systems test cycles 2 and 3
- During Final Preparation and Go-Live Phases, assist Master and Transactional Data/Data Migration Team by providing and maintaining master and transactional data files for data load and providing assistance to resolve load issues when requested
- Support the User Management Working Group (UMWG) by updating the User Management Plan to reflect functional end user role requirement changes and technical architecture requirement changes for Pre Go-Live activities and/or Post Go-Live sustainment efforts
- Support the UMWG by preparing the necessary documentation required for end user role decision sessions. witness and document minutes from various UMWG decision sessions
- Support the creation and execution of the following user management working group efforts: (a) Role Matrix and definitions, (b) role mapping strategy and (c) user management process automation options
- Support role-mapping activities at various Navy ERP deployment sites. coordinate inputs and present findings and issues to the UMWG
- Support end user role sustainment activities such as providing supervisors of end users the necessary procedures and forms so their personnel may be granted access to applicable end user roles that are necessary to execute business transactions within the Navy ERP production environment
- Make recommendations for improvements to UMWG processes and procedures
- Provide business process relevant knowledge and expertise support to the UMWG during the system development and test phase
- Coordinate Role Mapping with Development and Test Support Activities
- Support the Project Systems Team and command representatives in defining the data elements/project structures in support of data load requirements
- Review Project Systems data and related extracts to ensure all functional requirements/representations of data have been met
- Review Blue Print Documentation, Customer Input Templates (CITs) Functional Design Specifications (FDSs), ARIS models, Technical Design Specification (TDLs), Business Process Procedures (BPPs), and the Navy’s Business Process Master List (BPML) and other documentation as needed and communicates the Navy design to NAVSUP team members
- Recommend courses of actions with respect to transitioning legacy systems and processes into the Navy ERP solution
- Support inquiries by the User Management team with respect to capabilities provided by defined ERP user roles.
- Work closely with civilian and contractor personnel in the identification, resolution and documentation of integration issues between Project Systems, Investment Management,Workforce Management, Funds Management, Sales and Distribution and Controlling modules
- Support members of the NAVSUP Deployment team and the Navy ERP Project Systems and Deployment teams with the closure of task associated with Project Systems
- Support the review of Plan to Perform and Budget to Authorize scenario related training materials prepared by the Training team to ensure correctness and accuracy of content
- Support the development of Projects Systems training documentation
- Host workshops and engage team members for the purpose of extracting, distilling, documenting information needed to support the development of Projects and the Investment Management structure within SAP. Identified issues will be framed and communicate to the NAVSUP Project Systems Team Lead
- Support the Project Systems team to resolve Action Items
- Support the NERP (NAVSUP) Project Systems team lead in the framing of issues and the communication of issue through the development of Point Papers and presentations
Senior SAP PS/IM
- Co-Manage with Dupont CPO ( Corporate Process Owners) team, the One Dupont PM-PS project (harmonization of all Dupont business areas using R/3 4.7, PS/PM and standard Supply Chain functionality)
- Proposed Investment Management (IM), Best Practices overview for German/European business areas, and to suggest practical training content for European and Asia Pacific IM roll-out in 2008
- Managed and facilitated migration from BW2.1c to BW 3.5 for all PS related queries and testing scenarios. Developed standard scripts, and rolled out to each Business Area. Coordinated authoring of business area specific scripts, and scheduled testing. Troubleshoot defects to resolve test problems, identify changes required to master data being loaded into the cubes. Compared results from 3.5 query to 2.1c results and to native R/3 reports to validate consistent and accurate (matching values) results
- Ongoing support as member of CPO team to the BPO (Business Process Owners) for problem resolution, business area specific proposals, modification/re-writes of current business process
- Update and author as needed, key position papers
SAP PS/IM Architect/Team Lead R&D Development
- Track Team Lead PS/IM and conversion of master data, to replace PS legacy systems.
- Design PS/IM for use in R&D International Financial Regulatory Systems, (IFRS) reporting requirements. (Vers. 4.7)and engineering initiatives.
- Build forecast/budget capabilities to manage project budget for current year an out years (plus 12 years).
- Project financial/logistics with Project Systems, Investment Management to comply with global International Financial Regulatory Systems, (IFRS), reporting requirements. (Vers. 4.7)
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior Manager Cycle Team Lead
- Project Accounting, Investment Management, Asset Accounting for Major Retail Chain (Vers ECC 5.0)
- Management tools: Utilize key capabilities of Solution Manager to centralize global tasks, from blueprint to testing to post production support.
- Working as SAP Sen. Manager in the SAP Finance (ERP) team responsibilities include: Actively promote global template within the organization
- Prime responsibility for designing, developing, implementing and controlling the PS module areas of the IPG templates to meet global and local legal/business requirements (ensuring all core OMS business requirements are maintained, new business needs are proactively supported, and new SAP functionality delivers business benefits)
- Utilize New SAP Solution Manager capabilities to help standardize and harmonize global roll out of process driven requirements. This new tool replaced use of ASAP methodology, and provided more efficient means to monitor and control configuration and interface processes across multiple clients and legacy systems, including SAP R/3. Also used to streamline testing execution and results and to provide guidance/tracking of Support desk incidence resolution and troubleshooting. Centralizing management and monitoring tasks, enabled global view of entire IT landscape and provided intersystem views of status . Proactive monitoring saved money and time by recognizing /avoiding potential critical situations. Automated notifications streamlined fast response to issues.
- Overall responsibility for the execution and control of all PS aspects of Master Client configuration, and for comprehensive Regression testing before any changes are released to the Production environment
- Liaise with other COE members to maintain and apply coherent, optimized, integrated, and standardized processes
- Liaise with other COE teams to communicate OMS PS aspects, and co-ordinate and optimize cross-module requirements
- Prepare comprehensive documentation required according to methodology for all PS, AA, and IM aspects
- Prepare formal ABAP specification documentation as required
- Support the entire implementation effort during all project stages, ensuring that in areas of assigned responsibility milestones and related sign-offs are achieved on a timely basis and in accord with current project plan
- Monitor progress of all Integrated and dependent tasks against project plan
- Actively promote the global template approach within the organization
Principal Consultant & Project Manager
- CATS and Travel Integration
- Define Infogroups
- User Group Dependency on Menus and Info Groups
- Info Group Set up Personnel Actions
- Create Reasons for Personnel Actions
- Change Action Menu
- Maintain Relationships
- HCM Required Customizing for Time Data
- HCM Personnel Time Management
- Generate Work Schedules Manually
- Define Attendance Type 0800
- Assign Counting Rules to Attendance Type 0800
- Design/build of cProjects (CRM) and Portals via middleware to create Projects and replicate into R/3.
- Add-on of BW functionality to allow robust reporting from cProjects for Professional Services (PSA), Industry specific.
- Select/edit preconfigured build sets for PS, HR, CO/PCA, SD and T&E. Build sets used as form of configuration log for knowledge transfer to client.
PM/ QM Team Lead
- Responsible for the blue printing the to be business processes which are needed to harmonize the business processes across two divisions, 7 plants, and 10 distribution centers
- Successfully completed ASAP blueprinting tasks, including QADb, and As is process flows via Visio
- Integrated planning of mySAP core modules, and their dependencies on other modules
- The use of cross application time sheets (CATS) were in scope, as were the use of PDAs and barcode scanning equipment
- Developing a comprehensive MRO environment, and associated need for inventory management and MRP planning were included in all locations, and were the biggest challenge
- Blueprint accepted and signed off, with appropriate deliverables and Blue Print Doc approved
- Realization phase started on time, no timeline slippage
- Primary responsibilities for this project are for PM/QM and CATS integration
- Considerable collaboration with MM to design, configure and set-up master data for unique MRO requirements for each location
- This was a fixed price engagement
PS/IM Team Lead
- Worked with City Government and Public Utilities entities to implement an integrated planning and budgeting solution with the use of PS, IM, PM, HR (CATS) functionality
- Primary role was to blueprint, configure, test, train, and execute knowledge transfer for the PS/IM functionality.
- Responsible for the initiation of the design, testing, execution, and collaboration of integrated planning, cross-application timesheets, and funds management for revenue, grants, etc.
- The solution was a hybrid of Work Management System (WMS), and also utilized functionality between PM and CCS.
- This Project successfully went live on 10/06/0, on time and under budget.
- This was a fixed price engagement.
SAP PM, QM Senior Consultant
- Successfully gathered business requirements to outline clients to be business processes for (PM) Plant Maintenance, and (QM) Quality Management
- Established and garnered consensus with each of the (4) divisions on standards for implementing and maintaining Global PM and QM functionality
- Result: on time development of an integrated Blueprint deliverable
Business/engineering& Mfg systems analyst
- Document the flow of work notifications
- Use of Work Orders for Creation, assignment and completion of maintenance work
- Track actual vs. planned maintenance spending
- Schedule maintenance activities
- Control of spending
- Functional locations and personnel work centers
Senior Systems Analyst
- Responsible for the development of internal regimented inventory numbering template for standardizing spare parts, tooling, and facilities inventories.
- Comprehensive cross referencing to other vendors and sister plants nomenclatures on common items.
- Allowed for global utilization of numbering system and central scheduling and ordering of common items for multiple locations, resulting in substantial cost savings on inventory carrying costs and administrative overhead.
- Provided support back-up for the CIM engineering group as systems administrator for upgrades, and modifications, trouble shooting and maintenance. Saved company outsourcing costs, and eliminated need for additional engineering support in MRO disciplines.
- Worked with software VAR (CMI - Competitive Solutions), design group, developed, beta tested and successfully implemented the first ever MRO software system for maintaining "bill of machines", document control, preventive maintenance scheduling and co-ordination to production and "tooling and spares inventory scheduling specifically for the automotive industry.
- Researched and selected a comprehensive Preventive Maintenance Software that could be developed and interfaced via client/server applications with production, MRO, and materials management systems across multi-platform servers and operating systems.
- Effectively demonstrated to corporate management that a new global standard could be realized for all brake systems plants that would centralize needs, controls, and reduce operating costs by 2 million dollars between plants the first year.
- Possible costs savings surpassing $10 million if implemented in remaining plants world wide in next 2 years.
- Achieved return on investment (ROI) in first 11 months of use in Asheville plant.
- Developed and implemented integration of (RF) radio frequency devices (LXE) with CMI materials systems to effectively manage a "paperless" system of controlling inventory and receipt transactions, including all cycle count activities, reorder "EOQ" analysis, and daily inventory issues and adjustment routines.
- This reduced the time need to accomplish these "routines" by 75% and allowed MRO personnel more time to concentrate on problem solving skills and operations improvements instead of clerical redundancy.
- Developed SQL, query, report writers, and client/server and desktop development tools (UNIX, Uniquery).
- Cost of outsourcing these activities has diminished substantially, and the results have eased operations obstacles through multiple plant environments sharing similar needs.
- Providing key "measurable" reports and graphs for management, to aid in reduce costs, fine tune procedures, and establish higher standards.
- These creative solutions and development skills, contributed to the first "ISO-9000" and QS-9000 rating by a brake systems plant in ITT-Automotive (Aug 95), and "Q-1" rating for tier 1 supplier to Ford Motor Co, (Oct 94)
- Developed and authored comprehensive Training agenda, that doubles as a standard operating procedure (SOP) for all MRO positions.
- This training has given personnel additional insight on how to apply software and stimulate creative solutions beyond the routine applications demonstrated by software vendor training classes and seminars.
- This training saved the company the cost of sending personnel off-site, and lost time away from the job.