- Around 6+ years of professional experience working as a Data Analyst, business system analyst with diverse industry verticals like Hospital & Healthcare insurance, banking and Finance Industries.
- Data/Business Analyst track record in requirements gathering, performing gap analysis, data analysis and document between 'As - is' and 'To-be' processes.
- Extensive experience in developing logical and physical data models for both transaction as well as analytical systems.
- Proficient in Enterprise Data Warehouse. Worked extensively in several projects in both Forward Engineering as well as Reverse Engineering using data modeling tools.
- Expert in writing SQL queries and optimizing the queriesin Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza andTeradata.
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data warehouse and AWS S3 bucket for integrating data from multiple source system which include loading nested JSON formatted data into snowflake table.
- Realistic understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling.
- Have experience inDimensional Modeling using Star and Snowflake schemamethodologies of Data Warehouse and Integration projects.
- Experienced usingGoogle Cloud Platform(Kubernetes, Kubeflow, BigQuery) to execute queries.
- Hands on working knowledge of Linux operating system, Unix, Windows OS, AWS and Google cloud platform for machine learning applications to create and manage databases on cloud platform and analyze data sets.
- Develop and deploy the outcome using spark and Scala code in Hadoop cluster running on GCP.
- Having excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills, inter-personal relationship and ability to be part of team.
- Liaison between the cross-functional teams, top management clients, users and any stakeholder involved in the project.
- Dealing with processes, governance, policies, standards and tools as part of MDM to consistently define and manage the critical data of the organization.
- Experience in creating Business Process Models for business from conceptual to procedural level i.e. Designing a Project and Defining the Scope, managing the project
- ExcellentSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC)with good working knowledge of testingmethodologies, disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling
- Excellent knowledgein Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Experience in CMDB dashboard, CMDB Metrics, ITIL Process and created multiple reports.
- Experience in managing CMDBs with an in-depth understanding of associated concepts.
- Experience in Automating ETL processes for dynamic, automated data migration and validation by using Informatica, SSIS and Alteryx.
- Performeddata analysisanddata profilingusing complexSQLon various sources systems including Oracle andTeradata.
- Experience with Business Process Modeling, Process Flow Modeling, Data flow modeling.
- Experience in analyzing the business requirements and creating Business Requirement Document (BRD). Expertise in interacting with stakeholders, gathering requirements through interviews, workshops, and existing system documentation or procedures, defining business processes, identifying and analyzing risks using appropriate templates and analysis tools.
- Hands on experience with modeling using Erwin in developing Entity-Relationship, modeling Transactional Databases and Data Warehousing, Dimensional Data Modeling for Data Marts and Fact & Dimensional Tables.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping and data profiling tools.
- Extensive Experience working on SQL Queries along with good experience in development of T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures and Triggers for business logic implementation.
- Good Understanding and Knowledge with Agile and Waterfall Environments.
- Involved in performance optimization of DWH solutions, both on ETL as well as Database side.
- Experience in preparing project cutover plan, test plan with test cases for unit test, regression test and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Excellent in verbal and written communication, organizational skills combined with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as an individual and/or as a team member.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 7.1/7.2/7.3, System Architect 11.3, MS Visio 2000/2007/2010 , ER/Studio, Power Designer 11.0/12.0/12.5/15.
Databases & Database Tools: MS & SQL server, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS Access 2003/2007/2010 , Teradata, My SQL.
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Cognos 11/8, MicroStrategy
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, DOS, Win Server 2003/2008, WIN 98/NT4/0/2000/XP/VISTA, WIN.
Languages: MY SQL, PL/SQL, SQL.
ETL Tools & Others: Informatica Power Center 8.x, Tools Include Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, MS Office, Rational Requisite Pro, SharePoint.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
Sr. Data Analyst
- Analysis of functional and non-functional categorized data elements fordata profilingand mapping from source to target data environment. Developed working documents to support findings and assign specific tasks
- Worked on claims data and extracted data from various sources such as flat files, Oracle and Mainframes.
- Performed the data profiling and analysis making use of Informatica Data Quality (IDQ).
- Designing and developing informatica mappings including Type - I, Type-II, Type-III slowly changing dimensions (SCD).
- Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned for better Performance.
- Experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Performed bulk load of JSON data from s3 bucket to snowflake.
- Used Snowflake functions to perform semi structures data parsing entirely with SQL statements.
- Designed both3NFdata models forODS, OLTPsystems and dimensional data models usingstarandsnowflake Schemas.
- Analyzed and prepared various datasets ingested them into Google Cloud (GCP) utilizing Google Cloud AI, BigQuery, Dataproc, Spark ML, PySpark, Dataflow, Pipeline, Dataprep, Cloud ML, Automations, Bigtable, built data model, and applied various Machine Learning algorithms to find the most important parameters impacting the wait time at the centers and to predict the wait time at the centers. These algorithms include regression, Two-class classification, Multi-class classification, and anomaly detection. I also performed What-If analysis, proposed actions to be taken to reduce the wait time.
- Experience working with Informatica Data Quality Developer/Analyst Tools to remove the noises of data using different transformations like Standardization, Merge and Match, Case Conversion, Consolidation, Parser, Labeler, Address Validation, Key Generator, Lookup, Decision etc.
- Worked with Informatica BDE using Blaze to convert mapping logic to MapReduce and run it on Hive.
- Worked with data investigation, discovery and mapping tools to scan every single data record from many sources.
- Performeddata analysisanddata profilingusing complexSQLon various sources systems including Oracle andTeradata.
- Provided multiple demonstrations of Tableau functionalities and efficient data visualizations approaches using Tableau to the senior management at the client as part of the BRD.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation by writing several complexSQLqueries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Worked with end users to gain an understanding of information andcore dataconcepts behind their business.
- Assisted in defining business requirements for the IT team and createdBRD and functional specificationsdocuments along with mapping documents to assist the developers in their coding.
- Utilized Alteryx analytics software to process sophisticated cost models and SQL data conversions.
- Performed Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Data Quality by importing Data from both Relational and NO Relational databases using Alteryx.
- Identify & record defects with required information for issue to be reproduced by development team.
- Involved in data validation of the results in Tableau by validating the numbers against the data in the database tables by querying on the database.
- Dashboards from Tabular Models to help managers to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Created corporate standard variables in the metadata to ensure standard measures and best practices are followed. Maintained effectiveness in creating the dashboards by appropriately including guided navigational links and drilldowns. Setup the visibility of dashboards to employees with respect to their responsibilities.
- Created an analytical report that drives ongoing monitoring of resource allocations and utilization.
- Developed storytelling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information
Environment: Tableau Desktop 2020.1/2019/1 , Alteryx 11.0 & 11.3, SQL Server, Informatica, Oracle, SQL developer, Google Cloud, Snowflake, Teradata, SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11g,CMDB, ITIL.
Confidential - Indianapolis, IN
- Working with the Business Analyst and DBA, conducting team meetings and JAD Sessions for technical requirements gathering, business analysis, testing and project coordination.
- Analyze and evaluate existing system for assessing how it supported functions from the Use Case diagrams and UML diagrams.
- Developed Logical data model using ERwin 7.2 and created physical data models using forward engineering.
- Implementation of full lifecycle inData warehousesand Business Data marts withStar Schemas, Snowflake Schemas,SCD&Dimensional Modelling.
- Strong understanding in the principles of Data ware housing using Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, star schema modelling and snowflake schema modelling, Slowly changing dimensions, foreign key concepts, referential integrity.
- Performed reverse engineering for a wide variety of relational DBMS, including Microsoft Access, Oracle and Teradata, to connect to existing database and create graphical representation (E-R diagram) using Erwin 7.2.
- Used Teradata utilities such as Fast Export, MLOAD for handling various tasks.
- Participate in updating the dimensional model and identify the Facts and Dimensions.
- Employed process and data analysis to model a Customer Information Business System.
- Produced functional decomposition diagrams and defined logical data model.
- Coordinated with ETL team for analysis and reporting needs.
- Developed data migration strategies and impact analysis for database.
- Design, plan and program data conversion procedures from old to new databases.
- Responsible for data lineage, maintaining data dictionary, naming standards and data quality.
- Model a database to store customer demographic and other data.
- Work with Business analyst to design weekly reports using a combination of Cognos Impromptu and Power play multidimensional, to deliver reports to CEL and Marketing groups.
- Design complex Dashboards like Executive, KPI and Strategic by using Tableau.
- Involved in design and development of standard and ad-hoc reporting using SQL.
- Design and developments of the changes and enhancements. The existing submission and refining programs were enhanced to in corporate the new calculations.
- Involved in overall data mart testing and different team review meetings.
Environment: DB2, Teradata16, SQL, Cognos 8, Cognos Impromptu, ERwin 7.2, XML, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked as a liaison among business client and development team for the implementation of transition in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Identified the business functions and processes and prepare system scope and objectives based on user needs and industry regulations.
- Defined terms, conducted stakeholder analysis, elicited business needs, conducted business process modeling work, facilitated work sessions (JAD), elicited requirements, wrote requirements and use cases, analyzed requirements, validate & prioritize requirements, trace requirements to related project documentation (process models, designs, test scenarios & scripts).
- Gathered requirements by using interviews, observation, JAD, brainstorming sessions, and documents analysis.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, and support of data extract, transform, and load processes within the enterprise data warehouse.
- Created Data Dictionary, Data Governance and privacy policies specifying contract implementation.
- Involved in installation and configuration of SQL server 2005 on Database Servers.
- Created Database Objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, triggers and User defined functions according to the requirements of the project.
- Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects.
- Created trigger and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Gathered the client's requirements and designed database and application architecture.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS programs and did Performance tuning of the existing processes.
- Data conversions and data loads from various databases and file structures.
- Monitor, tune, and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance.
Environment: s: MS SQL Server 2005 SSRS/SSAS/SSIS, T-SQL, Windows XP.