Confidential is an extremely flexible, pro - active, and motivated self starter who pays very close attention to detail. By doing this I can ensure that I give my very best and produce the highest quality of work. I hold high to statements such as healthy professional morals and strong work ethics.
Functional requirements, Service level agreements, "Public Trust" established through the USPS, Workload definitions, Pattern recognitions and process modeling, Data modeling, Risk factors, and Cost/benefit calculations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Personable and diplomatic team player with the ability to manage, motivate and work well in a team environment.
Good analysis skills, Architectural Engineering and Design, Excellent decision making, Knowledge of QA methodology, Personal integrity, Excellent coaching skills/career development, Setting employee goals, Empowerment, Leadership, Conflict management, and Enthusiasm.
BMC Remedy Architect
- Upgrade Remedy ITSM toolset from 7.6.4 to 9.x including Service Catalog functionality currently in Kinetic*
- Build side by side upgrade and then move / migrate workflow and data to new system.
- New build of Remedy on premises in the FCPS NOC on Windows Servers with an SQL DB
- All virtual servers including SQL DB
- Virtual server hardware being delivered and set up in mid-November
- We have reviewed the BMC infrastructure requirement and would like RightStar to review and assist as we develop the specific infrastructure design.
- Architectural Planning and requirements gathering for 4 high availability, and fault tolerant enterprise environments. (DEV, SIT, UAT, and Prod)
- Design document and system documentation for all 4 environments
- Refine ITSM support model (this includes process review, foundation data review and updates prior to conversion.
- Introduce SmartIT (to provide support staff mobility)
- Introduce integrated Chat capabilities (leveraging Bomgar)
- Knowledge Management- Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) model
- Phone system integration
- SMART Reporting
- Self-Service mobile apps (“always on” support) - depends on the decision regarding Kinetic.
- Upgrade Discovery & integrate w/ CMDB
- Other integrations as needed
- Architected and hand picked all servers for all 4 environments, including managing data loads, integrations in and out of the systems, and porting heavily customized environment infrastructure from old Remedy 7.6 version into newer, supported, BMC Remedy - on Premise - version.
BMC Remedy Architect
Confidential, East Lansing, MI
- Standing up two new, fault tolerant, high availability, clustered, BMC Remedy 9.1.03 environments: 1) Development. 2) Production.
- Both environments were set up as Remedy server clusters in a high availability, redundant environment, for fault tolerance and for robust performance to be delivered to meet their production and development needs.
- Worked very closely with the networking, database, and other essential departments of Confidential in order to ensure a successful implementation.
- This implementation encompassed wearing multiple hats as a project Manager, product manager, senior architect, Business adviser, analyst, and resident SME with Remedy to ensure a successful cut - over from their Dev and Prod 8.X environment to their 9.X environment.
- This further involved automating and cross platform integrating their Xmatters, 3rd party products, too.
- At the end, more than 25 redundant Remedy servers ranging from SSO, MyIt/Smart IT, ARS, Mid-Tier, and Smart Reporting servers were successfully stood up, and configured These environments are sustaining an ADDM, CMDB, and full ITSM suites, including many other 3rd party integrations, as well
- The expectations of the end client were extremely challenging, yet these 2 environments were successfully stood up and transitioned into a live production environment, all within 4.5 calendar months.
BMC Remedy Architect
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Within these end clients, lead teams of up to 10 people as a BMC Remedy Solutions Architect.
- Within the Confidential end client was the Senior BMC Remedy Architect to footprint 8 enterprise BMC Remedy servers, 8 Mid-Tier servers, 2 Smart Reporting servers, 2 RSSO server, 2 - F5 Load balancers, 3 database servers, and 4 ITIL environments encompassing multi-tier infrastructures, Active Directory authentication, and Integration of BMC Remedy RSSO into SiteMinder and behind their DMZ zone.
- Installed, configured, and extended the CMDB. Including custom data modeling and troubleshooting of the AI Normalization and Reconciliation services.
- Installed, Administered, Customized, and configured ITSM, Smart Reporting, SLM, and SRM, for versions 8.X through 9.1.03. Including troubleshooting SRM Survey workflow and other challenges like the import/export console for SRM.
- Assisted in establishing external/remote access to the BMC Remedy Enterprise infrastructure for over 1.4 Million register Pilots and Non-Pilots into their Remedy systems.
- Ensured that the 508 compliance expectations were understood, configured, and successfully integrated in order to ensure Federally mandated expectations were met.
- Architected DR environments and created complete architectural and solutions design documentation for all environments, including how-to documentation, and step-by-step instructions for other stakeholders, team members, and associates for the Confidential .
- Facilitated and hosted custom designed weekly status reports, ad-hoc reports, and complex integration meetings with VP, Senior Executive, and Senior Management teams that encompassed HR, CAB Board members, Operations managers, and team leads.
- Performed custom performance tuning to the Enterprise Mid-Tier, ARS Server, and Database architectures to maximize resources that were custom tailored for each environment.
- Performed complex installation and configuration upon Linux, Solaris, Windows Server 2008 and 2012 R2 OS’s. Including custom health check configurations.
- Used NERC and CIP 5.0 certified compliance expectations for Non-RightStar end client - Southern Edison Utility of California - for Remedy 8.1.02 when validating and administrating their CMDB for government compliance expectations.
BMC Remedy Architect
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Maintain and support all aspects of BMC Remedy System, including administration, development, testing, deployment, training, documentation, troubleshooting, system upgrades and patch deployments.
- Working with IT, business units, and subsidiaries to provide enhancements to the current workflow and processes within the BMC Remedy System.
- Creating and modifying existing service request management SRDs, reports/dashboards for IT and business units, and creating and maintaining knowledge management workflows.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to both management and staff, including hands on training, documenting existing and future environments, and providing technical recommendations for scalable footprints to best suit their current and future needs.
- Documenting customized SDLC processes and procedures that have been customized by Eaton Vance in order to best suit their desired style of production release styles and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with BMC Remedy platform, BMC Remedy Service Request Management, BMC Dashboards & Analytics and BMC Remedy Knowledge Management are required both on the administration and development sides.
- Hands-on experience with BMC Remedy ITSM v 7.6.04, 8.0, and 8.1 are all needed as part of the current effort is to stand up a new BMC Remedy 8.1 environment while upgrading the older environments.
BMC Remedy Architect
Confidential, Windsor Mill, MD
- Under extremely tight deadlines, assisting in simultaneous migrations ARS 7.5 patch 8 and ITSM 7.6.00 Patch 1 on Windows 2003, using MSSQL from a Windows environment to an ARS 8.1.02 ISTM 8.1.00 (Hub and Spoke Architecture) on Solaris version 10 with an Oracle 11g r2 RAC (Real Application Clusters) back end. In a true HA environment using Golden Gate replication to another Oracle RAC clusters for Analytics Reporting.
- Assisting in troubleshooting and analysis of multiple F5 load balancers with Https and non SSL connectivity that flows in and out of highly secure Zone 2 and Zone 3 technical environment.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to both management and staff in providing technical recommendations for scalable footprints to best suit their current and future needs
- Assisted in the planning and preparation of a migration from remedy 8.1.02 to Remedy version 9.X in 2016 which included the installation, configuration and administration of BMC Remedy CMDB 8 running on BMC ARS 8.1.02
- Exercising complex techniques in process, implementation, customization efforts for all Remedy ITSM modules with initial focus on; Incident, Tasks, Change, Work Order, Knowledge Mgmt, Foundation Data.
- Performed multiple Requirements and GAP analysis against older BMC Remedy versions, Windows vs. Unix Solaris versions, and Database modeling and internal metadata formats and structures for indexing and table structures.
- Providing collaborative consulting efforts in Remedy Architecture and Design, including performance tuning and associated analysis
- Integration efforts in a team environment included; Email Inbound: Exchange Web Services, Email Outbound: status / tickets notification, BPPM Integration, LDAP Integration, Single Sign On, C language object programming, AR Plugin Development and custom design efforts, including MacAfee to scan attachments on transactions i.e. Incidents, Changes, etc., prior to file uploads into the BMC Remedy DB
- Assisted in Remedy Administration and Performance Tuning on Solaris 11 and Oracle 11g r2
- Designed departmental standards for local governance expectations, including departmental templates, file and document naming conventions, and associated retention and revision lifecycle efforts.
- Directly interfacing with end customers in efforts to educate, provide demonstrations, and improve customer relations.
Senior BMC Remedy Developer
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Responsible for designing new and/or upgraded solutions for the customer's technology needs.
- Produced ‘Quick Reference’ documentation of all modifications/additions of the Development environment.
- Provided Architectural recommendations for scalable footprint design, performance enhancements, and multi-tier design to encompass high availability solutions to a ‘Global’ end user environment.
- Serve as an expert for the Remedy group to advise on feasibility and methodology of integrating BMC Remedy IT Service Management.
- Perform design and development of BMC Remedy applications, both custom and out of the box configurations.
- Designing and coding new Remedy modules or modify existing modules to add new features.
- Configure Remedy according to the requirements specified.
- Develop Remedy 8.0 and 8.1 SRM AIF forms and link them back to the workflows.
- Debugging existing Remedy Modules and correct defects.
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Modifying existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Transforming business requirements into application designs following Remedy best practices.
- Develop and/or implement requirements as configurations or enhancements within the Remedy environment.
- Create and/or update documentation to comply with appropriate software lifecycle methodologies.
- Developing systems architectures for Remedy solutions.
- Performing Remedy administration, and providing guidance to other developers and administrations.
- Develop estimates and be able to deliver complex development efforts on-time and on-budget.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to both management and staff in providing technical recommendations for scalable footprints and programming techniques for SRM and AIF SRM development needs and efficiencies to best suit their current and future needs.
BMC Remedy SRM Developer
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Develop new forms in the SRM IT Services portal using Microsoft's Team Foundation Server 2013 as a landing page for organizing user requirements gathered by Confidential 's IT BCoE department.
- Construction of BMC Remedy 8.X forms, workflow, alerts, filters, escalations, menus, & other related BMC components for the Service Request Management component using BMC Remedy version 8.1.
- Work with Confidential 's IT BCoE and IT process owner to refine specifications using Agile and Scrum methodologies and full lifecycle processing.
- Use TFS Work Items and TFS Test Case Management to manage and steward development activities within four main environments:
- Sandbox, Development, Acceptance, Production Servers.
- Following standards for enhancements to the BMC SRM module by exercising Confidential 's and Industry standards development efforts best practices, which include the following topics:
- CDE's, Design considerations and fundamentals, Change and Code management practices, Directory Structuring, Naming conventions, Microsoft source control via MS Visual Studio application, Ensuring to Object Change, and Management efforts encompassing: 1) Reusability. 2) Logging. 3) Message ranges.
- BMC specific Overlays, Approval Templates, AIF (Advanced Interface Form) validation and UI guideline adherences, Leveraging Enterprise Security Station and Identity Management practices, BMC ADDM
- Working within the constructs of the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Practices
- Learning and applying UI/UX concepts to the SRM form design and functionality enhancements.
- Develop estimates and manage all aspects of the SRM build including design, coding, development, testing, QA, UAT and migration to production and source code management efforts.
BMC Remedy Arch Engineer and ITSM Remedy Dev
Confidential, Sioux City, IA
- Environment consisted of three main tiers: Development, Quality Assurance, and Production (DEV, QA, and Prod).
- BMC ‘rapid results’ team was already engaged in this project at the time of my engagement with the existing team. This resulted in my assistance of leading a new team of employees on how to administer, configure, and develop within all three environments.
- Main focus was centered around the following efforts:
- Server configuration, Performance configuration, Architecture consultation for a three tier environment for the QA and Prod server groups, Foundation data loads, Spoon Pentahoe configuration, administration, interfacing into LDAP and Remedy 8.X Data Management tool (UDM); In-depth analysis of complex server and workflow related issues, Establishing file naming conventions and revision control practices, Assistance in FTS configuration and server performance tuning efforts, Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis during ‘stand-up’ efforts of the environments.
- Technical Writing, Analysis and configuration of ITBSM (IT Business Service Management), Dashboards
- ITSM Suite, assisting in creating standards for SDLC and trained staff in how to contribute to a successful process
- User, Group, and Account configuration and administration within a Multi-Tenancy environment
- Integration of custom workflow to interface with the UDM OOTB record process of LDAP transformation feeds for user accounts
- Contributed to multi-tenancy requirements in order to meet CIP requirements
- Became NERC/CIP 3.0 and 5.0 certified by the US Government
- Performing UDM Spoon transformation configuration, administration, and troubleshooting efforts for 11,400+ user accounts into all three environments and performing in-depth, backwards engineering efforts of, OOTB (Out Of The Box) workflow, down to the syntax level.
- Assisted in installation, configuration, administration, and contributed in CMDB purging, job scheduling, and custom static value updates to CMDB related forms and contributed to the CMBD ranking and weighting
- Performed research and analysis upon CMDB Reconciliation and Normalization job failures and adjusting them within the product catalog or the Alias mapping forms
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to both management and staff in providing technical recommendations for scalable footprints to best suit their current and future needs.
- Being a dedicated and self-disciplined professional who excels in a team environment, and on an individual contributor basis by employing process and project management efforts while keeping things within budget.
- Assisted in the installation, configuration and administration of the local BMC Remedy CMDB instance, version 8.X and industry standards of SDLC expectations, limitations, and ROI from an Agile curriculum.
- Working in a duel role as an Architectural Engineer and as an ITSM Developer required superior customer communication skills, both verbal and written and to be knowledgeable of ITIL Service Management and ISO-9001 methods that were regularly relied upon.
- Assisting in administering, configuration, supporting, developing, and re-architecting all four BMC Remedy environments: DEV=>SIT=>UAT=>Prod.
- Lead a team of 4 developers and administrators and 8 testers in the installation and configuration effort of a new ITAM Remedy server to serve as the BMC Remedy 8.0 Staging (SIT) server.
- Leveraging BMC Remedy ITSM 7.x, 8.0, and 8.1 implementation and custom development experience was needed in order to make recommendations and offer pre and post deployment support for Nasa’s 4 unique Remedy ITSM 8.0 environments.
- Assisted in the upgrade of the Remedy 7.6.04 to 8.0 patch 3 upon the different ITIL environments.
- Designed three proposed HA solutions to upgrade from the current 3 tier, single point of failure, architecture to a robust, fault tolerant High Availability solution for the existing environments.
- Took the lead in generating numerous BMC Remedy gap analysis reports in order to map out the differences between the 7.6.04 to the 8.0 version and troubleshoot current production support anomalies.
- Provided hands-on training for BMC Remedy testing, design, analysis, software requirements definition, legacy data mapping, and Architectural design efforts for multiple future HA solutions.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to both management and staff in providing technical recommendations for scalable footprints to best suit their current and future needs for ITAM and the directly impacting administration and maintenance of the correlated CMDB.
Sr. Architect BMC Remedy engineer
Confidential, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Being a dedicated and self-disciplined professional who excels in a team environment, and on an individual contributor basis.
- Employing Process and project management efforts while keeping things within budget.
- Utilizing effective communication skills for verbal and visual presentations to team members, managers, and executive management by providing thorough attention to detail and adapting quickly to change within a fast paced environment in order to meet the customer's needs.
- Utilizing effective departmental negotiations and vendor management efforts by influencing key contributors while orchestrating a forward effort to an aggressive GoLive deadline.
- Documenting process changes for each environment by implementing a mutual and unified master change control effort in each environments complexity.
- Develop and maintain regular reporting, performance metrics, and status reports for key initiatives which involved monitoring process performance, identifying trends and producing reports on the results.
- Developed risk assessments, performance metrics, controls to mitigate risks, and monitor processes to assure peak performance during the efforts execution phases.
- Provide a highly-complex, reliable, and scalable application architecture in order to facilitate the migration of a BMC AR System version 6.0 into a formal ITIL supported environment that supports Development (DEV), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Production (PROD), and Training (TRNG) environment utilizing BMC Remedy version 7.6.04 SP3.
- Designing and implementing a disaster recovery architecture (DR) between the PRD and UAT environments by leveraging server groups and assisted in BMC AR System Version 6.0 and 7.6 development and cut-over efforts for OOB objects and related workflow, customizations, and configuration of applications, security, permissions and roles.
- With minimal to no direct supervision, mentored 15 contributors in four different teams within the division.
- Trained staff on fundamentals of a full SDLC process.
- Provided involved 'hands-on' technical one-on-one training for application technologies, environments, concepts, methodologies, industry best practices, technical writing and design overlays, formal and informal programming concepts and syntax, automated cross platform interfacing, and breaking down detailed process flow procedures within the Remedy infrastructure down to the workflow object level for training purposes.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to both management and staff in providing technical recommendations to best suit their current and future needs for their existing BMC Remedy 7.6.04 environment, including hands on training in BMC Remedy development.
Sr. BMC Remedy Developer and Arch Consultant
Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
- Extensive customizations on out of box workflow and forms.
- Work efforts that require drawing upon system level applications, analysis, design, and development experience that include unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents.
- Direct hands-on experience with BMC Remedy 7.6.X Development and ITSM tools for configuring and managing AIE (Atrium Integration Engine), SLM (Service Level Management) and CMDB (Configuration Management Database) components.
- Consultation in development and configuration efforts for BMC Remedy design, configuration, set-up, and support of 7.5.X/7.6.X systems and the differences between the SW versions.
- Proactively initiated, developed, and maintained effective working relationships within team members and the resident internal Remedy department team members.
- Provided effective business and project management skills in developing and bridging internal relationships between mutual consumers of the Remedy resources in order to achieve results.
- Provided Excellent written and oral communication skills for numerous presentations in front of management and upper management for multiple departments as to the length, depth, and breadth of the project efforts and challenges.
- Main focus upon the following project deliverables within my development efforts:
- Audit trails must exist for all fields identified as relevant, Audit trails record must include who made the change displayed as full name, System shall include the ability to review and print a paper copy of the required electronic records in paper and electronic form and include an audit trail
- System shall support manifestations of e-signatures to include written name, date/time and meaning of e-signature
- System must require entry of username and password at the point of signature
Sr. BMC Remedy Developer/ITSM Consultant
Confidential, Boise, ID
- Extensive customizations on out of box workflow, automations, interfacing objects, and associated forms.
- Assisted in implementation and migration of previously existing 7.1 environments into 7.6.04 SP1 environment.
- BMC Migrator used extensively in order to pull old environment customizations and older workflow into the 7.6.04 environment. Previous ITIL and process engineering methodologies were used during the development lifecycle process.
- Formal full lifecycle development and deployment efforts were performed in order to migrate from the Development environment to the SIT (System Integration Test) environment, then from there to the production environment. Standard SDLC efforts.
- Extensive work efforts in supporting global high availability systems in a server group environment that composed of two production servers and three MidTier servers within a load balanced environment that consisted of approximately 20K user based community within a needed 24X7X365 uptime.
- Used product design, configuration and integration with a 3rd party tool called RRR, which is used for migrating data from the older 7.1 environment to the 7.6 environment.
- Assisted in the installation, configuration and administration of the local BMC Remedy CMDB instance in order to properly map the service catalog and service mapping. detailed knowledge of AR 7.X System including Remedy ITSM (Helpdesk, Change, Request, SLM, Knowledge, AIE, and Problem management modules).
- Ability to demonstrate solid knowledge of system design principles and ability to follow detailed specifications including working knowledge of software testing methodologies; ITIL process knowledge (Incident Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Configuration Mgmt, Knowledge Mgmt, and Problem Mgmt).
- Contributed in the installation, configuration and administration of the local BMC Remedy CMDB instance by refining the CMDB mapping of the CI's into the computer components data set for the asset management module.
- Working with BMC internal technical support, while translating technical communication into comprehensive and usable resolutions and acting as the liaison between the clients internal support teams and the BMC Vendor.
- Identifying critical 'show stopper' issues and providing flexibility to immediately take ownership of major issues in order to drive them to a 100% successful resolution.
- Providing depth of knowledge and understanding for the individual modules of the ITSM package from an independent processing perspective; while still have the understanding in how each module interrelates with each other within the infrastructure workflow.
- Provide in-depth and knowledge to depict back end workflow in order to quickly validate potential root issues within the application.
- Contributed in the installation, configuration and administration of the local BMC Remedy CMDB, including contributing to streamlining Boolean qualification statements for mapping into the service catalog.
- Accessing log files and other important logging information used for troubleshooting and analysis efforts within a Windows and Unix operating system running on a VRM environment.
- Analyze administration responsibilities, and act upon them competently and effectively to ensure minimal impact to the user community.
- Consultation and administration for multiple applications and environments such as: Unix Servers, Web Servers, AR Systems, and MidTier instances.
Sr. BMC Remedy Developer and Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Custom end-to-end Remedy development involving the full project scope (SDLC): From conception, to information gathering, interfacing with the end users and stake holders, to mockup and proof of concept, to fine tuning and implementation, to test programs and post implementation technical support.
- Complex troubleshooting and analysis involving developing optimized and dynamic solutions that are cross platform functional and can be utilized in diverse environments.
- Architectural engineering for performance tuning to include fault tolerance and high availability solution for globally accessible enterprise solutions.
- Extensive Break-Fix customizing and custom development within BMC Developer Studio for many ITSM modules and infrastructure workflow.
- Defining complex analysis work plans for tasks required to implement changes into a formal DEV, SIT, and PROD environments.
- Facilitate process change and business requirements gathering phases by documenting current standards and identifying proactive deliverables.
- Facilitate meetings between Remedy Developers and other groups within IT for designing interfaces into and out of BMC Remedy.
- Assist end users and Remedy Developers with data conversion mappings and loads.
- Build reports using standard BMC Remedy reporting tools for use by end users.
- Coordinate the development of training materials and communications.
- Define detail plans for migrating changes to the test and production environments and coordinate execution of the plans, including reporting the status of enhancements and bug fixes.
- Much of the day-to-day efforts require detailed experience with BMC Remedy modules Incident (ticketing), Change, Asset, and administration and configuration of the CMDB structures including reconciliation and normalization, plus ARS, Crystal, and fundamental Business Objects Reporting.
- Fundamental SRM modifications through the administration to enable or disable specific SRM features. Including: Creating and modifying SRD’s for the SRM module, including configuration of the AOT (Application Object Templates), PDT (Process Definition), and SRD (Service Request Definition) objects.
- The user base for the Remedy production environment is over 23,000 end users that are accessing the systems on an Enterprise Wide, Global, 7 X 24 X 365 timeframe.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to both management and staff in providing technical recommendations for scalable footprints to best suit their current and future needs and trained their junior staff in ITSM modules and programming techniques and SDLC standards.
BMC Remedy Department Lead
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Installing of Remedy 7.1 for UAT, SIT, and Development environments.
- Leading the team in joint efforts in preparation for production and development rollouts.
- Assisting the team in code review, analysis, and implementation of weekly custom developed forms, filters, and applications.
- Providing technical expertise as a liaison between a .NET developer and the associated infrastructure backend within the Remedy server.
- Performance tuning and administration of Remedy 7.1.
- Managing day-to-day workflow and custom developed Remedy forms.
- Creating and implementing department standards for such areas as:
- Form naming Conventions, Code review processes and procedures, Form Documentation and revision control, and Software revision control standards.
- Responsible for Project Management of enhancements and upgrades of the CAT and CorpHD systems within the Remedy production and development environment. Initial user community is 600 concurrent users to 3000 non-concurrent users.
BMC Remedy Developer and Administrator
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Have successfully implemented Remedy ITSM 7.x application suite in a large-scale environment as a Lead Developer
- Assistance upon designing and administering Windows 2003 Servers for BMC Remedy administration, development, and migration staging.
- Responsible for maintenance, enhancements and upgrades to the ITSM suite.
- Customization and configuration expertise within core Remedy ITSM 7.x modules (Incident / Problem / Change / Asset) as well as the core AR system.
- Maintain stable operation by effectively administration of the BMC Remedy ITSM systems and CMDB. Which also included installation of new CMDB and ITSM instances for BMC Remedy 7.6.04.
- Maintain resilient Remedy infrastructure, resolve issues related to out of the box and custom functionality and provide customer support.
- Coordinate/perform major system upgrades and Migrations to and from different OS platforms.
- Install/Upgrade ITSM suite on multiple servers.
- Project Management for the Installation and configuration of Incident, Problem, SLM Manager; Plus CMDB Atrium, Flashboards, Email Engine, Assignment Engine, Approval Server, Asset Management, Change Management, Service Desk, Change Management, and AR Servers - from version 6.0 to 7.5.01 Patch 3.
- Project Management for external production “Form Factor” client that involved a migration from a Windows 2003 Server environment to a Blade server Linux Redhat Enterprise 4.5 64 Bit, muti-tenancy environment. This was performed while concurrently upgrading the Remedy platform from version 7.01 to 7.5 patch 3, plus integrating the full ITSM suite. Project timeframe was approximately 6 + months.
- Maintain system configuration data within all applications in the ITSM suite.
Release Engineer and Technical Writer
Confidential, Roseville, California
- Responsible for configuration, packaging and deployment of java-based web applications.Acted as a subject matter expert on key application server technologies, as well as a broad knowledge of all technologies used.
- Develops and integrates tools, Unix shell scripts, and other methodologies for automated packaging, deployment and configuration of all applications and the monitoring of them.
- Assists the project teams as application code moves between environments on a smooth path to production. Troubleshoots application integration, deployment and configuration issues.
- Reviews engineering specifications and requests for new/updated applications for technical feasibility, recommends/implements solutions and produces thorough technical documentation.
- Project Management for updating all of the departments technical documentation, which involved created detailed documentation for over 45 unique applications that the department supports on a day-to-day basis. Information gathering requirements, creating a standard template for a base documentation foundation. Created an on-line documentation repository and internal documentation review process.
- Possesses comprehensive technical knowledge and organizational skills to oversee, coordinate, and participate in highly complex projects with high visibility and high impact on the business by assisting in project management.
- Provides input on new and existing processes and procedures based on industry best practices.
- Can organize, assemble and lead teams from multiple IT groups, and in some instances, may supervise daily work activities of assigned team(s).