Dynamic, visionary leader (Financial Industry - Technologist) focused on enterprise-wide IT strategy-architecture and of course data (internal, external and Analytics). Senior Executive specializing in global architecture and/or integration for Fortune 100 companies and successfully injecting innovative solutions, governance and agility into the enterprise portfolio to maximize business value and deliver competitive advantage. A disciplined, aggressive problem solver and leader of (IT Marketing and Finance) teams for over 20 years. Eloquent presenter, recognized for communicating key IT initiatives to C-level executives with composure and confidence. Builds consensus with well-prepared business cases and value statements based on total cost-of-ownership, alignment and ROI. Hands-on integration of data on both EDW-BI, and BIG DATA and PREDICTIVE ANALTICS Platforms.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH INCLUDE:
- BS-Accounting, MBA Finance, Certificate of International Business Studies, CPA-CMA exams, MS Comp Sci, PMP
- Phd Predictive Analytics
- Data Information Officer-Schering Plough Pharma
- VP of Enterprise Architecture
- Division CIO Schering Plough
- Enterprise Architecture ITIL-3
- BIG DATA Schering Plough Pharma AWS data
- Data Czar-Pfizer Warner Lambert Control of all Data
- Business and IT Strategy
- Sr. Director Financial Planning
- Director of Marketing & Competitive Analytics Pfizer and Schering
- Sr. Director BI/EDW
- Financial Data: Cusip, Trades, swaps, Markets, Capital, Portfolio, Allocations, Funds SAP (GL-AR,AP,CO) Oracle Financials
- Exec. Director R&D Analytics
- Exec Dir. Information Management Novartis
- CTO - IT Strategy & Architecture
- Director of Finance and Marketing, Director
- Instructor Market Research & Predictive Analytics Seton Hall University 2012-2015
SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS:
ERP: SAP 6.4 SD, FI, CO, PA, MM, APO, BW 2.03/3.1; Oracle Financials (AR,AP,GL) JDE, Prism, AS/400, SAS, Siebel (CRM and SFA), SalesForce.com, Manugistics Suite, Logility, i2, OXP2, PeopleSoft FI, HR
Platforms: UNIX, HPUX, Oracle 9/11, Solaris, AS/400, IBM Mainframe, CICS, DB2, NT, Windows 2000, XP
Languages: C/C++, C#, Perl, K-shell,Visual Basic, PHP, *.NET, ActionScript, SQL, VB.NET, JAVA, JSP, J2EE, ASP, STRUTS
Services: SOA, SOAM, SOAP, MQ Series, Web Methods, Messaging Architecture, SAAS
Statistics/Predictive tools: R, Map R, SAS, SPSS, logit, probit, semantic,regression, multi-regression
DATA Integration: IBM DB2, Cobol, SAP, JDE, MongoDB, JAVA, IMS, NDC, KW, Logility, Supply Chain, Manugistics, AWS, POS, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, MS SQL ServerEAI Tibco, SeeBeyond, MQ Series, WebMethods
Business Processes: Six Sigma, Lean, Sarbanes Oxley, GxP, CFR 21 Part 11Architectures Standards implemented SSAE 16, ISO 17799, COBIT, COSO, and ITIL-3, Gartner, ZachmanPredictive analytics Regression, Multiple Regression, KDD, logit, probit, semantics,, mix and time series, response modeling, lift modeling, neural networks, data mining web mining, optimization techniques
CRM: Siebel CRM and SFA 8.x, SalesForce.com, AGF
BIG DATA: Hadoop Stack, real time, near real time, Amazon AWS format, MapReduce, NoSQL, Greenplum, Amazon web Services (EC2), Horton works, Autonomy, MarkLogic, Splunk, Datastax, Datameer, KARMAsphere, Vertica, Tablaeu, Python, Pig, Yarn, Kapow, Python, Scala, Apache Maven, Qlik, Jetty, JMS (ActiveMQ) and RESTful APIs
DW Toolsets: Ab Initio, Informatica 9.0, DataStage, Neteeza, Cognos Suite 8.3, MicroStrategy, Hyperion Essbase Suite 7.x, Business Objects, Siebel 7.8, Oracle 10g, 11, Sybase 15, MS SQL Server/DTS
Data Modeling: SAS, SPSS, Mark Logic, MAPR, R, SAS HPA, SAS Analytics, SAS EMiner, Salford TreeNetModeling BpWin, ErWin, Clearcase, ClearQuest, ReqPro, CA Advantage, Global Metadata Repository-Integration to EDW
Object Orientation: Rumbaugh, Booch, Jacobson, Rational Rose, UML, RUP, Rational Suite
Data Warehouse: Kimball Method, Inmon Information Factory, Data Warehouse Institute TDWI
Data Integration: EAI/Tibco, MQ Series, Connect Direct, Maestro, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server
Methodologies: ITIL 3.0, Agile, Lean Six Sigma, CMM, ISO9011, Summit D (C&L), Catalyst (CSC), Method One (Anderson), Method DEC,DSLC, Spiral, Scrum, RAD/JAD, RUP
Server HW: Dell, HP, AIX, Intel-based, Standard and Blade footprints
Server OS: Windows 2KX, RHEL 3+, Sun Solaris 8-10, other similar Unix / Linux OS
Middle Tiers: Apache, Jboss, Tom Cat, ATG, LAMP stack, Microsoft Stack, other similar web / application tier technologies
Ops Tools: RT, Infra, Mercury CM Systems Management frameworks tools Nagios, Zenoss, Openview, CA, etc.
Networking: Cisco routers / Switches / Firewalls / VPN, F5/Foundry * LBs, Mazu, Array Networks, Telephony Nortel / Avaya/ AT&T PBX
Storage/SAN: EMC, NetApps, 3Par, Brocade, McData, Cisco switches
Virtualization and *Thin Footprint* Technologies: VMWare, NetApps, Citrix
Messaging / Collaboration: MS-Exchange, BlackBerry (BES)
- Created a new Architecture and Enterprise Services team that plans, develops and supports mission critical enterprise-wide IT assets.
- The Enterprise Services group develops and maintains strategic service integration (ESB & EDI), B2B portal,, Identity Management, BI and the Enterprise Data Warehouse and external data Integration via Hadoop.
- The Architecture group manages the design, evolution and governance of the Enterprise Architecture and delivers project specific solution architectures.
- Converted loosely managed teams into 4 Centers of Excellence that provide technical expertise & shared environments.
- Established first enterprise-wide data governance team and process to provide stewardship of strategic data assets
- Leader of capital projects totaling in excess of $35M that included upgraded integration netting business unit efficiencies, complex data forensics to identify business opportunities, enterprise-wide document management, metadata management, master data management, enhanced user mobility, and a supply chain portal for enhanced competitive analytics.
- Sought-out by CIO to lead the HBO transformation of IT and business units to realize a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Conducted global Business Reengineering of MLIM closing, allocations processes & identified 50 excess FTEs in Finance (Six Sigma) to be replaced by new Global EDW platform.
- Implemented global vision/strategy via global SOA - based data warehouse to view clients-portfolios.
- Developed business footprint, conceptual, logical, physical & data architectures
Confidential, Kenilworth, NJ
Executive Director Regulatory Affairs
- Headed Pharma Division vision, strategy & global systems architecture including SAP-BW-EDW-Portal data warehouse-BI, web-portals for the Schering enterprise including Pharma & Consumer businesses.
- Headed to global data analytics steering committee for Marketing and Finance and Demand Planning Council for all of Schering Plough. Negotiated contract agreements with IMS, NDC, Quintiels, PDD and KW.
- Corporate head of Architecture for the pharma data warehouse & systems integration. Supported data architectures in SAP and non-SAP data (IMS, NDC), SAS analytics.
- Supported 3500 reps in eight field forces with sales and BI analytics as well as Home Office reporting and integration of MDM
- Headed global change management team, global standards, ITIL-3 standards, & established the Change Management Database & library. Established new processes for implementing & UAT testing for mitigating risk under release management.
- Upgraded the CRM & SFA systems to support 8 sales forces across the US for RVPs & DMs.
- Developed 3year IT Strategic plan for Pharmaceutical IT units & PMO implementations.
- Implemented Supply Chain systems using Manugistics & Logility, EDI, for Demand analysis to the global EDW platform.
Executive Director-Global Architecture-Information Management
Confidential, East Hanover, NJ
- Responsible for implementing & supporting Global Compliant Processes including clinical & pre-clinical systems, Documentum, global change & release management & data warehouse along with IT information strategy for global clinical trial management.
- Headed EDW efforts for global processes & US clinical operations & Global Project Office.
- Implemented a data warehouse platform & architecture ($16.2M) for development group to view preclinical & clinical process results faster. Project included data warehouse & 5 data marts for clinical trial recruitment process; AE- IND reporting; & NDA. fi
- Implemented & supported Informatics for Research Discovery & high-throughput screening or BIG DATA for genomics and drug discovery.
- Implemented ClinTrials & integrated clinical systems to new data warehouse for IND & NDA submissions to the FDA. Established release & change management standards for new clinical systems.
- Headed Architecture project for Global SAP project Order-to-Cash implementation integrated to Siebel CRM, SFA.
- Headed Architecture and PM for Global R&D applications & TIBCO EAI implementations.
- Implementation of global data dictionary for R&D & global metadata repository via CA.
Confidential, Morris Plains, NJ
Senior Director, Global IT Architecture & Integration
- Team leader to head SAP implementation of SD, FI, CO, MM & BW implementations.
- Implemented global change-management & release management efforts, standards & ITIL IS9000 standards for all global systems.
- Developed 3year Enterprise IT Strategic plan for People, Process & Technology relating to SAP and EDW.
- Conducted global supply chain study to define business requirements, global architecture, data needs, reporting, program/projects & costs with Senior Marketing & Financial VPs.
- To track global sales & determine profitability for top 20 customers in response to CEO’s acquisition plan, developed SAP ERP implementation & DSS strategy. Integrated information of 28 countries for sales, sales planning & forecasting from US, European & Latin American sources. Result: CRM project completed 3 months early; first in Pharma Industry to develop global P&Ls for top customers; system brought 3% to bottom line via increased visibility to track sales for key customers & brands.
- To create US & global operations sales & supply chain S&OP integration project via SAP & data warehousing & Siebel technologies for 5 divisions & 16 plants. Developed series of deliverables including the Global Supply Chain EDW-SAP S&OP Conceptual strategy & physical architecture, data requirements, key data integration issues by subject areas, global architecture, metadata plan & data integration strategy.
- Result: implemented global architecture using multiple SAP instances EAI data warehouse technologies to support sales-marketing, sales distribution & support demand planning & sales forecasting for 5 divisions of US Sales & global supply chain planning S&OP processes, inventory tracking & NTP.
- Coordinated CIO’s Global Committee for Sales & Financial Planning & Enterprise SAP-BI.
- Coordinated CIO’s Global Supply Chain Steering Committee for Demand Planning & Reporting.