- Over 7+ years of experience working as Salesforce Business Analyst and ERP Consultant in Salesforce.com.
- Experienced in working with clients to map out their existing Business Processes and providing system - based solutions that increase efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Experienced in Scoping Phase, Gap Analysis, Testing, and Implementation Phase.
- Strong Requirements gathering experience using JAD Sessions & Conducting User Interviews, and preparing functional documents like Use Cases, Software Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Experience creating custom objects and integrating existing desktop and web apps with legacy mainframe systems.
- Created page layouts, search layouts to organize fields, custom links, related lists, and other components on a record detail and edit pages.
- Implemented pick lists, dependent pick lists, lookups, junction objects, master detail relationships, validation and formula fields to the custom objects.
- Possess comprehensive understanding of CRM business processes like Campaign Management, Lead Management, Account Management, Case Management, Quote, Forecasting, and Call Center.
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce.com implementation cycle in Sales, Marketing, Service and support modules.
- Skilled in customizing standard objects like Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Products, Price books, Cases, Leads, Campaigns as per client’s need.
- Experience in data migration from ACT, Excel, MS outlook and Legacy Systems using Data Loader, Import Wizard, Informatica Data Loader, and Cast Iron.
- Expert in generating and analyzing custom reports and dashboard for management and various business unit personnel to provide detail information on key performance indicators.
- Developed process enhancements through automations including Workflow, Approval Processes, and Escalation Rules.
- Experience in SalesForce Testing and Administration spanning all facets of package software and SaaS application implementation.
- Strong knowledge & experience working in teams implementing Agile Methodologies.
- Knowledge in Salesforce.com SFA, Force.com Apex Classes, Apex triggers, Integration, Visual force, Force.com API, SOQL, and SOSL.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, accustomed to working in both large and small team environments.
Programming Skills: APEX, C, C++, JAVA, .NET.
SFDC Tools: Data Loader, Connect Offline, SalesForce to SalesForce, Apex Eplorer.
Force.Com: Apex Custom Controllers and Extension, Apex triggers, S-controls, SOQL, SOSL, Ajax Toolkit, packaging and migrations, Force.com IDE (Eclipse).
Development Tools: Eclipse
Operating Systems: Windows 9X, XP, 2000, Vista.
Salesforce Business Analyst
- Interacted with various business team members to gather the requirements and documented the requirements.
- Analyzed the Scope of the Requirements, and managed requirements to avoid Scope Creep.
- Participated in Requirement Gathering Sessions & JAD Sessions.
- In charge of conducting the UAT with the Business users, and gathering feedback and providing the same to the Development team.
- Reviewing the test cases provided by the QA team, and providing feedback.
- Created user Roles and Profiles and sharing settings.
- Used field level security along with page layouts to manage access to certain fields.
- Analyzed, mapped, cleaned and loaded data from different source to Salesforce.com
- Facilitated workshops between business stakeholders and offshore developers to modify Salesforce.com Merchant CRM platform to conform to Best Practices and to improve performance.
- Designed and deployed Custom tabs, Validation rules, and Auto-Response Rules for automating business logic.
- Coordinated with Agile Project Manager and Product Owner and delivered Scope definition for planning and estimation, Backlog Analysis to estimate and prioritize feature delivery.
- Used JIRA to document Epics and User Stories, decomposed Functional Requirements into User Stories, conducted Storyboard reviews to senior management and worked with Agile team for Iterative Development.
- Responsible for assisting in the development, planning and execution of change management activities for State Health Benefits Exchange Project utilizing Curam Case Management
- Conducted Backlog Grooming sessions, managed Product Backlog and Iteration Backlog, created JIRA Dashboard reports on Iteration Backlog completion, created Components, added Labels to User Stories to effectively sort and filter for reporting.
- Responsible for setting up scenarios for UAT testing and Interacted with customers for feedback.
- Worked with Scrum Master and Product Owner, managed project Scope and Change requests, prioritized User Stories based on business priority and pre-slotted User Stories into Iterations for application development.
- Conducted pre-planning sessions to drive planning, elicit requirements and document into User Stories (Card-Conversation-Completion), and provide estimates for development and delivery to meet Definition of Done.
- Created workflow rules and defined related tasks, email alerts, and field updates.
- Downloaded and installed AppExchange packages like Google Ad words for campaigns and UPS for shipping.
- Developed a web-to-lead functionality to vertrue.com site which directs leads to Salesforce CRM.
- Created various Reports and Report folders to assist managers to better utilize Salesforce as a sales tool and configured various Reports for different user profiles based on the needs of the organization.
- Familiar with Syntellect Phonelink CTI salesforce application which is used to provide agents with click-to-dial and screen pop capabilities.
- Created custom Dashboards for manager’s home page and gave accessibility to dashboards for authorized people.
- Conducted GAP Analysis and enhanced business process by integration
- Worked on Agile and Scrum Methodology for Salesforce custom app implementation.
- Created new custom objects, assigned fields, designed page layouts, custom tabs, components, custom reports
- Implemented pick lists, dependent pick lists, lookups, master detail relationships, validation and formula fields to the custom objects.
Confidential - MO
- Created Custom objects and fields- Leads, Marketing, Compaign, Dashboard, Sales, Account etc.
- Configured security and organizational hierarchy for sales for salesforce implementation.
- Customized page layouts for Salesforce standard and custom objects.
- Configured Reports for custom objects and associated them to Dashboard.
- Involved in Design and development of Workflows rules, triggers, validation rules and other customizations with Salesforce.
- Administered Salesforce CRM applications for Sales, Marketing and Support Departments. Involved in creating multiple analytical reports, with varying degreee of complexity.
- Coordinated with other analyst teams, key business management and senior management in keeping abreast of key industry and regulatory developments.
- Responsible for Business, Functional, and Data Requirements for the customization and integration of the application.
- Worked in mainframe environment and used SQL to query various reporting databases.
- Responsible for creating UML modeling plans, Use cases, process flows, Wire Frames and business requirements documentation using Visio.
- Work with data tables and resources, using SQL and web analytics solutions, to make recommendations.
- Conducted JAD Sessions, interviewed Subject Matter Expert (SMEs) and stakeholders, asking detailed functionality aspects of business process.
- Analyzed project scope, gather requirements, writes business and functional specifications, create user documentation.
- Interacted with the Business Team and arranged client workshops for effective requirement gathering. Performed GAP Analysis (As Is - To Be), facilitated JAD sessions.
- Maintained the RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) across the deliverables of a project.
- Frequently updated requirements and defects management tool Rational Clear Quest as change control tool
- Extensive success in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Created APEX triggers, classes, test methods and visual force pages to implement custom functionality.
- Responsible for all the activities related to configuring Data Loader, uploading data in CSV files into salesforce.com, checking for integrity of the data.
- Used SOSL and SOQL queries during the data migration and custom development.
- Developed S-Controls to manage sales plan call sheets within salesforce, capturing prep data and call activity.
- Customized agile methodology in a service based, reverse mortgage specialized for seniors.
- Analyzed the business processes for the three divisions in the organization that are using sales force.
- Redesigned the old sales force architecture to new design based on best practices.
- Organized business and end user meetings for discovery, business needs gathering and gap analysis.
- Focused on Cycle time reduction during the process between the leads through opportunities, processing, funding, underwriting and till post closing.
- Set up visibility securities like roles, profiles, field level securities. Set up person accounts in sandbox.
Salesforce Business Analyst
- Primarily involved in developing prototype of the application as proof of concept (POC) for business team and as a guideline for development team.
- Facilitated and led group discussions to elicit requirements in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions by communicating with documented business requirement document working prototype and work flow diagrams.
- Deployed, configured and supported the prototype application for its demo /UAT for various line of business from various cities, prepared deck for UAT & gathered feedback and followed up with further updates on the prototype and related documents.
- Primarily involved in developing use case document for the application, traceability matrix, system requirement specification (SRS) and presentations for proposed solutions
- Created prototype using html and CSS.
- Worked on various Salesforce.com Standard objects like Accounts, Opportunities, Leads, Campaign and Reports.
- Created various Custom objects, Tabs, Workflows, Reports, Apex triggers and validation rules for the application.
- Created Email templates in Text, HTML and VisualForce necessary for the application.
- Analyzed and Created Custom Profiles as required for the business needs and implemented Object level, Field level and Record level security.
- Defined various Validation rules to validate the data in the application.
- Customized Page Layouts for Salesforce.com Standard and Custom objects.
- Created custom report types and generated report using the report types.
- Good experience in Salesforce.com Configuration of roles, profiles, user accounts, implemented role hierarchies, sharing rules and record level permissions to provide shared access among different users.
- Experience in working with Development team for solving the gaps in Business requirements.
- Classes, controllers and visual force pages, acquired new licenses and assigned toll free numbers.
- Used Data loader for all data adding, updating, and deleting, exporting data.
- Used Eclipse IDE for building scripts and deployment
- Documented Sales force fundamentals and reporting for easy understanding and navigation for business users
Environment: MS Access, UML, MS Visio 2008, Microsoft Office 2008, MS Project, Visual Studio 2008 professional, MS Expression 2008, Visual Source Safe, Salesforce.com, Apex Classes, VisualForce Pages, Data Loader, Workflow Alerts, Approvals, Validation Rules, Sharing rules, Reports, Standard & Custom Objects, Tabs, Email Templates, Roles, Profiles, HTML, Force.com IDE..