- 7+ years of strong experience MS SQL Server 2012/20014/2016 , SSIS (SQL Server Integration Service), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Service with tabular model).
- Strong experience in SQL database design & development, architecture, data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical) using SQL server enterprise manager.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, ETL processes, dimensional modeling, reporting tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI and tableau).
- In - depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Strong background in developing reports from complex financial data mart and cubes using Share-point, MDX queries, power BI, Amazon Red shift and tableau.
- Proficient in business scope definition, cost/benefit analysis, conceptual design analysis.
- Proficient in data analysis at levels of inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data for decision making and business forecasting
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Experienced working in cloud-based data warehousing, ADF, Azure Data bricks, Spark, Google cloud and AWS.
- Efficient in upgrade and migration from SQL Server 2012/2014 to SQL Server 2016.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology and deliver results in a timely manner.
Data Warehouse Tools: MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 Analysis Services, Data Mining Tools, Integration ServicesBusiness Intelligence Tools SQL Server 2012/20014/2016 Business Intelligence Development Studio, (BIDS) MS Data Tools
Reporting Tools: MS-Access, SQL Server 2012/20014/2016 Reporting Services, MS-Excel 2010/2013, Power BI, Tableau
Development Environment: Visual Studio.Net 2013/12/10, TFS, Jira, Azure devOps
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio 2010/2013
Operating Systems: Windows/ 10/ 8/7, Mac
Cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure, Google cloud, AWS, ADF, Azure data bricks and Azure synapse
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Senior Data Analyst/Power BI Developer
- Designed, developed, and implemented advanced visualization applications and executive-level interactive reports and dashboards using power BI desktop and power BI service.
- Collaborated with data engineers to design the architecture required to support visualization applications and to ensure sustainable and timely data pipelines and successful implementation and maintenance
- Communicate, guide and collaborate with other visualization engineers to deliver the best possible business insights to the client (dashboards, workspace apps and reports)
- Analyzed complicated data sets and presented meaningful outcomes to the client and product owners.
- Acted as a translator between business and technical teams, by consulting on the data availability or feasibility of acquiring data, keeping cost versus benefit in mind
- Used Data Bricks SQL to run SQL queries on our Data Lakes for reporting and collaboration with data engineers and other data professionals.
- Developed and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, analytical plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Managed a priority list of action items that are needed for the client and product owners
- Worked with internal teams to implement analytics platforms based on business rules and strategy
- Engaged with clients and analytics business partners to understand business needs and translated requirements into advanced visualization designs and sustainable tools
- Partner with business functions to achieve automation goals for reporting and analytics
- Created, configured, and maintained deployment pipelines to collaborate and increase productivity.
- Manage datasets, data models and configure on- premises gateways
- Used DAX extensively to calculate needed metrics, summaries, measures, calculated columns and time intelligence functions
- Managed dashboards and reports in workspace, performance tuning, setting data alerts, query caching and configure dataset refreshes (incremental refreshes, scheduled refreshes)
- Used row level security and other security measures to maintain the security and deliverability on our reports and dashboards.
- Tell a story through data and draw insights to tell a story using data flows in power BI service
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- T-SQL Development (queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, functions CTE and indexes)
- Build and maintain ETL packages using SSIS and work effectively with team members.
- Develop reports using power BI, tableau or other reporting tools based on client’s choice.
- Building Power BI dashboards and doing ad hoc reporting
- Building KPIs as needed
- Periodic reports for all on-boarding activity and continuous improvement efforts as requested
- Develop and work with transactional databases, data warehouses, internal tools, and external integrations.
- Specifies, analyzes, designs, implements, and tests BI solutions to meet business needs.
- Generating Revenue by procuring new customers through prospecting and face-to-face meetings with C-Level Executives (Business owners, CFO's, etc.)
- Controlling Revenue by maximizing profits through custom application pricing strategies, margin control, and mitigating customer loss
- Administering consultative sales initiatives from proposal stage through customer acceptance and implementation
- Worked closely with customer support groups to enhance customer satisfaction
- Achieved defined project goals and development standards.
- Enforced standardized data definitions, working closely with Data Operation Analysts to maintain consistency in associated applications
- Managed multiple BI initiatives and providing regular status updates to management.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
BI DEVELOPER/Data Engineer
- Expertly performed requirement gathering and analysis, analyzed and documented the system specifications, business requirements.
- Designed, developed, modified, and enhanced the database structures and database objects.
- Developing models, dashboards, and reports, based on users’ requirements making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Developed logical and physical data models, design data access strategies and write SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in databases
- Created, developed, and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, and triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Diagnosing and tuning the server optimal performance using SQL Server 2012 SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizards.
- Developed Query for generating drill down/drill through reports in SSRS 20012/14/16
- Created ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints.
- Adding alerts in the pipelines for notification.
- Scheduling and monitoring the jobs.
- Have also worked on Azure Cosmos DB with SQL API for storing No SQL data.
- Have worked on data modeling part and used start schema and created tables.
- Copying the data from blob to synapse analytics using PolyBase.
- Migrate and deploy customer workloads to azure.
- Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses.
- Developing spark jobs using python.
- Create and maintain existing spark jobs.
- Establishing data lakes and collaborated with the teams to populate data and pull data from various automated business objects data services (BODS).
- Migrated data from on premises data sources to Azure data bricks.
Confidential, Sane Jose, CA
Data Base Developer
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, and Drill-down and Drill through Reports using SSRS tableau and power BI.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and clients withQuery Optimizationto increase the performance of the Report.
- Used knowledge of TSQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, OLAP, MDX and cube customization extensively
- Performance Tuning, Handling Indexes, and Query Optimization
- Extracted data from heterogeneous sources and transferred to OLAP using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012/2016.
- Created SSIS Packages to export and import data from JSON, XML, CSV files, Text files and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Developed Power BI dashboards using Power BI desktop and publishing it in the Power BI Analytics server.
- Designed an OLAP system with the help of ERWIN to visualize data structure.
- Worked on data analysis and business requirements gathering (experience in writing business-driven user stories will be an advantage)
- Used SSAS tabular model with partitions; created measures using DAX functions, MDX.
- Implemented Knowledge of RDBMS and Data Warehouse concepts, OLTP & OLAP for business decisions and forecasting.
Confidential, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Financial Data Analyst
- extensive experience is using DAX for formula creation (using power query add in on excel 2013), data set ingestion and transformation, dashboard creation, and the ability to build out tool integration.
- Developing models, dashboards, and reports for the bank’s revenue and customers.
- Data preparation, data gateway, data warehousing, and validation
- Experienced with agile processes and methodologies
- Identifying and gathering business requirements & business concepts
- Managing and completing time-sensitive custom research requests for subscribing clients
- Worked closely with research analysts to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying unique tables and graphs to clearly illustrate that information
- Utilize strong Microsoft Excel, SQL and other programming language skills to provide high-quality data analysis and support to clients, internal stakeholders and select media outlets
- Contributing to and provide data support to broader editorial teams as they develop content for blog posts, data-graphics, and newsletter stories
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.