- Experienced Analyst with a passion to produce actionable insights using data & ability to leverage data - driven strategies for competitive advantage, finding new business opportunities & make smarter decisions.
- Extensive experience in Python, SQL, Power BI, Tableau & R for algorithm development, data modeling & statistical analysis.
- In depth knowledge in Tableau advance analysis features like Actions, Calculations, forecasting, Parameters and Trend lines.
- Excellent understanding of concepts like Star-schema, Snowflake schema using fact and dimension tables and relational databases Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access and client/server applications.
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data warehouse/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Pentaho DI, SSIS, SSAS & SSRS.
- Worked extensively on joining tables, multiple data connections using blending, worked on Data Extracts and managing queries.
- Introduced Tableau to Client’s to produce different views of data visualizations and presenting dashboards on web and desktop platforms to End-user and help them make effective business decisions.
- Created Dashboard’s using multiple BI Tools with Drill-Down capabilities using Dashboard prompts, Local and Global Filters.
- Having strong analytical, logical, Communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
- Experience in implementing SSISBusinessIntelligence Life Cycle such as SSIS packages configurations (XML, SQL Server, and Excel etc.)
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills.
Languages: R, SQL, PL/SQL, Python (Numpy, Pandas), C#
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 , Oracle 11g, Postgres, MySQL
Business Intelligence Tools: Alteryx Designer, Pentaho, Power BI, Tableau 9,10.2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SSRS, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Microsoft Azure Data Factory, BLOB Storage, Integration Runtime
Data Modeling: Erwin Data Modeler, Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, FACT &Dimension tables, PivotTables, OLAP, MOLAP
Project Methodology: Agile, Scrum, Confluence, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Packages: MS Visio, MS Project, Visual Studio 2015/2017, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), JIRA
Versioning Tools: Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub, Git Bash, Bitbucket
Web/Scripting: HTML, Web Services, Web API, XML, CSS
Visualization Tools: PowerBI, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Domo
Statistician Data Analyst- II
- Performed Statistical Analysis (such as correlation & regression)/Trend Analysis on Agile Operational data mart for Banking and Merchant portfolios.
- Designed and build processes to consume data from Corporate Data Lake/EDW. Created workflows in Alteryx designer to perform data ingestion/EDA/manipulation from various sources for OKR reporting.
- Performed data integration for Rally and Jira using Python’s REST API. Created ETL scripts /data pipeline using Python and Alteryx and loaded data in Azure VM for operational reporting of Banking and Merchant Portfolios.
- Designed data model for Agile Transformation- Operational Reporting Project.
- Designed and built Data Mart/Data Lake for Agile Operational Reporting.
- Built Operational Dashboards for executive/customer reporting & coordinated with stakeholders and business in identifying the key metrics such as Release Predictability & Feature Delivery Predictability) for reporting.
- Formulated the architecture design for automating the data from source systems (via Python API’s) such as Jira, Rally and Clarity.
- Designed & Built the data model in Power BI. Migrated existing customer dashboards from QlikView to PowerBI.
- Incorporated Audit data/completed volume audits in Productivity app within Power BI and created report/visuals that fixed the time gap issues while tracking Productivity for field inspectors/auditors.
- Performed data cleaning/data manipulation (both relational and non-relational data such as JSONB, JSON) for the Inspector and Dealership data using R, NumPy and Pandas packages in Python and created visuals for the customers in Power BI.
- Created Postgres SQL scripts for ad-hoc reporting requests and ETL jobs for monthly reports using SQL script tasks.
- Created data models and reports for internal Product and Sales Team as well as for external customers.
- Fixed the data issues for the customers key KPI’s. Created measures & columns using DAX and power query.
- Created visuals for the data based on geographical locations by using R scripts (using ggplot) in PowerBI.
- Created custom reports in Pentaho Report designer as a part of report migration.
- Analyzed business requirements and modified the existing SQL queries to fix reporting data issues.
- Created Incentive Outcome reports in Power BI using SQL data source.
- Created dashboards for Activity reports in Tableau. Created action filters, parameters, and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Performed testing for the Call Log & Email forms for the CA system. Validated the Activities & Facts data for MOS, NASCO & BCN members with respect to Case (Care Management), Form& Assessments created in the front-end system.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Modified existing Stored Procedures (MS SQL) in order to fix data & account issues, bill cycle and Bill frequency.
- Built interactive dashboards for Meter & other account types using Power BI, Tableau and ggplot in R.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures for Billing for Future & Meters Subject area.
- Fixed data count issues for Accounts conversion by changing the cube calculations for the measures in SSAS.
- Made changes to the existing Power BI Dashboard on a regular basis as per requests from Business.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Proposed and implemented SSISDB Catalog using environment variables for SSIS packages.
- Created and maintained databases, tables, views, users, logins, indexes, check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Developed various types of complex reports like Drill Down, Drill Through, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Sub-Reports.
- Generated business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) to improve business performance.
- Improved the UI performance significantly by splitting the MDX queries in the API’s and adding separate MDX queries for other measures.
- Lead the POC for data migration project for Azure using Azure Data Factory.
- Created customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts & End Users and gathered business requirements.
- Acted as liaison between Business Intelligence and Business User groups to relay change requests.
- Designed and deployed rich graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and used parameters using Tableau.
- Attended meetings with the Client SME’s, to acquire functional business requirements in order to build SQL queries that would be used in dashboards to satisfy the business’s needs.
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements.
- Actively participated in clarification meeting with the Clients.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Generated Tableau dashboards with combination charts for presenting KPI’s, with different Data Visualization Techniques like Tree Maps, Geo Maps, Stack Bars and Line Graphs for Showing Trend with Dual-Axis and Data Blending Techniques.
- Developed key indicators and appropriate tracking reports with graphical and written summations to assist in the quality improvement initiatives.
- Worked on Custom complex SQL Queries to generate data from various data sources to generate Innovative and Powerful dashboards for easy data visualization and analytics in Tableau.
IT Business Analyst
- Worked on risk prevention measures to manage the performance of stakeholders; prepared & reviewed key control standards & self-assessment exercise to conduct checks on the same and highlighted exceptions
- Predicted & analyzed the demographic and global trend for the client’s strategic mission.
- Played key role (SME) in technology transition with IBM during project transition. Successfully accomplished the Datacenter Transition & phase wise migration.
- Developed numerous ad-hoc queries and reports to collect and present information that satisfied clients and contributed to achieve organizational goals.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Performed risk assessment for complex Global Changes. Planned & Led the Change requests for Europe, Middle East &Africa (EMEA) and North America (NA) market region.
- Developed trend analysis using relevant KPIs & identified opportunities areas by market.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis to identify scope of Process improvement for a project across 9 cross-functional teams and provided recommendations resulting in performance improvement by 25% for 6 groups.
- Reviewed the business case for incoming infra requests, Planned & Delegated staffs to work upon the infrastructure business requests.
- Developed Complex Queries in T-SQL, Stored Procedures, and Views with best Execution plan.
- Extensively wrote SQL Queries (Sub queries, correlated sub queries and Join conditions) for Data Accuracy, Data Analysis and Data Extraction needs.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat files, Excel and Access to SQL server using connection manager.
- Worked on performance tuning of SQL queries & procedures to improve the stability of applications &database. Created complex SQL stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Views, Indexes in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Developed SQL databases tables and queries to optimize query performance using indexes and joins, normalization, nested queries, aliases and partitioning. Improved overall query performance by 30% in the production environment.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through and drop-down menu option using SSRS and Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports.