Objective To have a challenging career that will utilize my experience and abilities while allowing me to continue to develop and grow
Summary of Qualifications
- Over 15 years of customer service experience
- Proficient with MS Office, Windows XP, Add Energy, Excel and the Internet
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Detail oriented, efficient, enthusiastic and organized.
- Very dependable, professional, and eager to learn
- Highly trustworthy, discreet, ethical, and contributes as a team player
- Resourceful in the completion of projects, effective at multi-tasking
- Outstanding customer relation, communication, and sales skills
- Strong ability to grasp and put into application, new ideas, concepts, methods, and technology
- Experienced in collections, payments, and handling of all financial transactions.
- Acts responsibly in the customer's and the company's best interest
- Proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or irate customers.
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT 3/2011-12/2011) Confidential, DOVER, DE
- Responsible for making sure the daily back up processed and preparing for the next daily back up to go through
- Sort and process all picking tickets, custom orders and credits.
- Assure correct cost, pricing, UPS billing and shipments, and sales percentages.
- Check for correct account billing, shipping, and payment information.
- Process all payments via walk in, telephone, email, and fax, mail, on the picking tickets or from sales representatives.
- Check all margins for accuracy and make corrections as necessary.
- Post, email, mail and file all invoices
- Answer multi phone line system and process orders, payment, or answer customer inquiries
- Responsible for all aspects of the collections including monthly reporting, payment terms, and credit applications and checks
- Process payables and ensure timely payment for all vendors
- Balance checks, cash and credit cards daily. Responsible for monthly reports concerning each
- Provide training for new staff and cross training for current staff as necessary
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (9/2010 - 3/2011) Confidential, NEWARK, DE
- Responsible for answering incoming calls regarding technical questions and problem resolution related to Comcast products as well as customer equipment.
- Also handles billing overflow calls.
- Works to minimize and/or reduce truck rolls.
- Offers Comcast products and services to meet customer needs.
- Records customer information and inquiries, following prompts from a computerized system
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems over the phone in a single customer interaction to maximize the customer experience
- Effectively gains the customer's cooperation to work through the troubleshooting process,
- Researches and identifies trends in service/equipment problems and documents processes used to correct issues, reporting consistent problems to the escalation agent.
- Proactively learns new technologies within the Comcast products.
- Prepares work orders when required and ensures appropriate procedures are followed.
- Promotes and sells services, enters and confirms sales.
- Supports other lines of business as call volume dictates.
- Maintains and coordinates interdepartmental communications.
- Consistently meets or exceed established goals and performance metrics and achieves overall performance goals of the organization.
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (9/1997 - 4/2010) Confidential, DOVER, DE
- Work with customers on a daily basis. Respond to inquiries (walk in, faxed, emailed, phoned, or mailed).
- Answer a multi line phone system and respond to all calls (informational, complaints, assistance or whatever was required to satisfy the customer)
- Seek out new business while maintaining a great rapport and retaining current accounts.
- Responsible for training of new customer service representatives, assistant managers, and cross training of current employees.
- Handle all aspects of our collections department from mailing invoices, reminders, making collection calls, and establishing promise to pay, to determining budget amounts, processing doubtful accounts, and identify and correcting any accounting errors.
- Handle work related to monthly billing and sales reports.
- Maintain and balance a cash box daily. Prepare bank deposit for transfer.
- Carried out bank reconciliation activities
- Ensured timely payments to vendors. Process orders and credit memos.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable and payable.
- Opening and posting entries and closing accounts
- Processed payments, analyze credit reports, posted and refunded deposits
- Provide all aspects of administrative support
- Managed the service department, which included scheduling the service work, processing, billing, and surveying all work performed
- Responsible for employee time entry and payroll distribution for over 15 employees
- Assist in maintaining, updating, and explaining company benefits and electives. Also assisted in the setup, enrollment or reenrollment of the staff
- Coordinated, conducted, and participate in company meetings, trainings, updates, etc.
- Developed several forms and spreadsheets currently in use for reducing entry time and automatically check for errors
- Evaluate current reports to search for objectives to advance the growth and profit of the company.
- Monitor accounts in search of upgrades that may be available or necessary downgrades.
- High School Diploma
- Graduated with a course study in business and college prep
- completed courses in marketing, accounting, and bookkeeping
Additional Qualifications CERTIFIED IN MICROSOFT OFFICE CERTIFIED COMPLETION OF EXCEEDING CUSTOMERS EXPECTATIONS
References Furnished upon request