Business Systems Analyst/data Warehouse Architect Resume
Charlotte North, CarolinA
- Senior Software Developer and Business Analyst with expertise in improving business decision making by navigating, automating and developing reporting applications for Finance, Demand Management and Planning, Customer Service and Sales systems.
- Experience developing front - end applications, BI reporting and database administration.
- Established history of achieving goals through insightful listening, working as a problem solver, active team member, and a recognized team lead.
- Consistently ranked in top quartile on performance reviews.
Business Intelligence Tools: MS SQL Server 10+ years, SSIS/DTS 9+ years, SSRS 1+ years, MicroStrategy <1 year
Database Tools: T-SQL 10+ years, SQL 15+ years, MSQuery, Query Analyzer, SQL Management Studio
Other Tools: PowerBuilder 5+ years, REXX 10+ years, Visual Studio, MS Office Automation, FOCUS
Operating Systems: Windows, VM-CMS, OS/2
VP - Database Analyst and Admin - Operational Reporting and Business Intelligence
Confidential -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Member of Agile development team developing data marts supporting LSADM. Responsible for SSIS ETL packages and reporting data for invoicing reconciliation, and vendor performance metrics.
- Responsible for design and development of data mart supporting Post Closing mortgage operations.
- The purpose of this data mart is to provide visibility to all mortgage loans to determine documentation validity, accuracy, and existence.
- Identified items are classified into specific work queues for assignment and corrective action and resolution.
- Primary responsibilities include:
- Meeting with Post Closing team to identify business processes and needs
- Research and analysis to determine proper system of record and document sources.
- Design and implementation of physical data model
- Development of SSIS packages to ensure accurate and timely data for the new data mart
- Create daily reporting
- This environment consists of SQL Server 2008 as the platform for the SSIS/SSRS/SSAS components of our solution.
- All data is extracted from various source systems using SSIS. The data is staged, cleaned, and organized at consistent levels of detail within SSIS and then loaded to the target data warehouse tables.
- Primary reporting is done using MS Excel to replicate the existing legacy reporting.
- New reporting is done using SSRS with multiple T-SQL stored procedures providing the majority of the data.
- One SSAS cube is built that represents the work queue of accounts to be worked that day by the account team. Access to the cube is via MS Excel.
Business Systems Analyst/Data Warehouse Architect
Confidential -- Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Responsible for design and development of new enterprise data warehouse project initiated to replace the Data Warehouse in SQL Server 2000 with an updated model that could capitalize on the completed ERP system.
- Dimensional (Kimball) model in SQL Server 2005. Primary data source is JD Edwards on AS400.
- Additional data from Manugistics forecasting system in Oracle, Logistics and EDI/POS data from multiple AS400 systems across the country, and various customer supplied POS inputs.
- Data is loaded via SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and provides reporting using a combination of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and, primarily, Microsoft Office products such as Excel.
- Team Lead for initial data warehouse based solely on initial implementation of select JDE modules for ERP.
- ETL framework provided by JDE was a traditional solution based in SQL Server 2000 which utilized T-SQL Stored Procedures to extract the source data to a staging area and then load to the data warehouse.
- The reporting was developed and delivered using MicroStrategy. This solution eventually was migrated to Oracle and an Informatica ETL process.
- Developed procedures to verify and prove integrity of data increasing user confidence of system
- Expanded scope of legacy DSS to include and integrate all major functional areas of the business
- Designed and developed replenishment system for direct sales division, eliminating manual process by interfacing directly to enterprise order management system
- Created inventory management system for liquidation of off-quality and discontinued products
- Created training materials and conducted training for business users
Integration Technology Specialist
Confidential -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Responsible for analysis, recommendation, and development of applications to satisfy a diverse customer base
- Developed Sales and Marketing reporting system for Kubota Tractor utilizing a data warehouse on an AS/400 in DB2, Sybase and client access via VPN and browser.
- Member of team at Confidential, NA developing vehicle warranty and repair history database which was used to access vehicle information in a central data warehouse and access by internet browser.
- Member of team developing resource allocation and project request system for Confidential -Southeast.
- Developer Intellectual Property Law repository and retrieval system for Confidential - Charlotte
Confidential -- Hickory, North Carolina
- Redesigned overnight maintenance process to reduce runtime from five hours to 1.5 hours.
- Maintained data integrity in FOCUS databases
- Maintained and developed code for add/update/delete of component and bill of material data
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes