Sr. Bi Tableau Lead Developer Resume
- Over 10 years of Experience in Designing, Architecture, Administration, Analysis, Management in the Business Intelligence, Data warehousing, Client Server Technologies, Web - based Applications and Databases and Experience in industries such as Retail, Financial, Accounting, Distribution, Logistics, Inventory, Manufacturing, Marketing, Services, Networking and Engineering.
- Over 7 years Experience in Tableau and Qlikview Dashboards in latest Design and Presentation.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau v9, v8 and v7.
- Proficient in Installing Configuring and Administration of Tableau Server.
- Experience in all the latest BI Tools Tableau, Qlikview Dashboard Design and Spot fire.
- Having strong and working knowledge on Cognos Connection, Query Studio, Report Studio and Frame work manager.
- Worked on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management.
- Experience including analysis, modeling, design, and development of Tableau reports and dashboards for analytics.
- Experienced in cognos 10 BI, cognos 8.4/8.3/8.2 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio), cognos Power Play and Transformer.
- Experience in complex BI Reports, Dashboards, Project Management, Change/Incident Management, Maintenance, upgrade, Fix pack/Service pack installations, and Root cause analysis, Resolution Methods Time/ Cost/Budget Management.
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards. Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data. Act as a Point of Contact in data Interoperability, Analytics and Production Support issue resolution.
- Designed, developed and supported BI solutions, Involved in Debugging and monitoring, and troubleshooting issues/tickets. Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Transformed Tableau into a managed service offering for consumption across Corporate Treasury and Corporate Investments.
- Experience in Developing Performance Dashboards, Score cards, Metrics, Wat if analysis, Prompts, Drills, Search (using Add-ons),Reports/Dashboards for all the functional areas including Finance, Change Management, Order Management, Pricing, Purchasing, HR, Demand Planning, Discrete Manufacturing, Quality, Inventory Warehouse Management, Supply Chain and Transportation, Sales/Marketing, Variable Objects wif formulas.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 Windows XP/Vista
Languages: Confidential -SQL/SQL, PL/SQL, C#.Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, Java Script, Python
Tools: /Utilities: Tableau v9/v8/v7, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), Query Analyzer, Cognos 8.4/8.3/8.2, Business Intelligence Development studio, DTS, Analysis Manager, Alteryx, SQL Profiler, Visual Studio 2005/2008, Cloudera, SQL * Plus, Toad.
Databases: MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008 , Oracle10g/9i, MS Access
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, UML, Erwin
Software: MS Office, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Ms Excel, MS-Project 2000
Reporting Services: Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, OBIEE
Sr. BI Tableau lead Developer
- Involved in creating dashboards by extracting data from different sources.
- Created dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculations.
- Involved in creating interactive dashboard and applied actions (filter, highlight and URL) to dashboard.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration adding users managing licenses and data connections scheduling tasks embedding views by integrating wif other platforms like SharePoint.
- Involved in creating calculated fields, mapping and hierarchies.
- Created List reports, cross tab reports, charts, sectional reports, & Drill through reports by using Report studio.
- Involved in creating data blending in case of merging different sources.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar chart wif multiple measures.
- Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Worked on generating various dashboards in Tableau Server using different data sources such as Teradata, Oracle, Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Performed Tableau type conversion functions when connected to relational data sources.
- Maintained and Installed Tableau Server in all the environments.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Monitored VizQL server, Application Server and data server activity to track performance and system stability.
- Ability to authoring on Tableau server by changing mark types and adding filters directly in a web browser.
- Administered user, user groups and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau server.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Involved in creating Complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Involved in creation and updates of several SQL Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, triggers and appropriate User defined functions.
- Used ETL process to Extract, Transform and Load the data into stage area and data warehouse.
- Documented complete server architecture and solutions to troubleshoot performance, scheduling and server related issues.
Environment: Tableau Server v9/9.2/v8/8.2/v7/, Windows Server Standard R2, Excel, SQL Server management studio, Alteryx, Cognos 8.4, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, Cloudera, Python.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Sr. Tableau Lead Developer/Admin
- Interacted wif business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects wifin Tableau Desktop.
- Worked closely wif business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Developed Standard Reports, Charts, Drill Through Reports, Master Detail Reports and Multilingual Reports Using Report Studio and Query Studio.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs least users.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links wifin Interactive Dashboards.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program managers and End Users.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static data sets.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Involved in report tuning, caching, specifying query governing thresholds, and report optimizations.
- Actively participated in clarification meeting wif the Clients.
- Created Test Cases and documented the Test Results.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if their were any changes in underlying data.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8, Tableau Server, Business Objects, Cognos Report Net 1.1, Cognos 8.3 BI Modeling, Cognos 8.3 BI Server, Oracle, Crystal Reports, Windows Server 2008.
Tableau Developer Admin / Developer
- Gathering the clients, Suppliers and internal resource data from all the Vendor Management Systems.
- New KPI generation for Scorecards.
- Data collection and leveraging on data manipulation teams for required data.
- Developed complex SQL scripts for Teradata database for creating BI Layer on DW for Tableau reporting.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in tableau.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Converted metric insight reports to tableau reports.
- Worked extensively wif Tableau Business Intelligence tool to develop various dashboards.
- Worked extensively using Excel to validate the data and use as the source data files.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 6.0.2, Excel, Oracle), Windows Server 8, Windows 7
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked as an End-to-End QA Tester for PLA projects, Web (eAuto and eHome) and Mainframe Applications.
- Setup 6 testing environments to facilitate the testing process.
- Identified and Documented Projects Risks, Dependencies, Issues and Assumptions.
- Analyzed Business/System Requirements and involved in developing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Reviewed the BSM (Business Scope Management) report to understand the scope and benefit of the projects
- Attended the BRI (Business Requirement Identification) meeting to understand the business Requirements.
- Reviewed the TRD (Technical Review Document) from developer and prepare the TDR (Technical Data Review) document wif detail objectives (test cases).
- Implemented WEB projects eAuto, eHome and Agent Dashboard (eCommerce) projects.
- Involved in P&C Auto and Property Billing Application (ASB and FSB), which covers Payments (Check, Cash, Credit Card), Statements (Monthly Statements), Notices (Cancellation, Reminder, Final Cancellation).
- Involved in testing Agent Dashboard Reports and Alerts.
- Derived Test Cases and Executed related to Report Parameters, Report Layouts and Drill Down Functionality.
- Involved in the review of the test plan, scripts to ensure they match and cover all the requirements in the functional specification document.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 7, Tableau Server, Business Objects, Oracle, Crystal Reports, Windows Server 2008.
- Planned, designed, and implemented application database code objects such as stored procedures and views.
- Provided database coding to support business applications using Confidential -SQL.
- Performed quality assurance and testing of SQL server environment.
- Developed new processes to facilitate import and normalization, including data files for counterparties.
- Ensured best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security, documentation, and change management.
- Performed development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports to testing and release / deployment.
- Trained and mentored EBI team, users andassisted and coached them inmaterial, processes and delivery of training, training standards and best practices.
- Interacted wif report owners to establish/clarify their requirements and developed report specifications.
- Performed development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions through developing code reports to testing and release deployment.
Environment: Microsoft, Linux, Oracle 10g / 9i / 8i / 7.x, DB2 7.x / 8.x, SQL Server 2005/2000, MS Access 2000
- Programmed clients website and applications - worked collaboratively wif clients. Teammates and web analysts to complete designs and estimates.
- Involved tuning and applying the SQL statements and PL/SQL processes.
- Created different kinds of reports on Tables, Views, and Synonyms from the Oracle Database.
- Provided insightful ideas for developing effective and accurate codes - Evaluated latest technology on the market and made recommendations to clients to integrate new designs as available by new technology.
- Collaborated wif end users and other related departments to ensure that the website is meeting the client’s expectations and business requirements.
- Collaborated wif technical team members to integrate back-end and front-end elements.
Environment: Windows 00/XP,SQL Developer, MS-SQL 2008 R2, MS-Access, MS Excel and SQL-PLU, Oracle 7, Java.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes