Sr Business Data Analyst Resume
- Sr. Business System/ Data Analyst wif 7 + plus years IT experience, and extensive noledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases and RUP, Waterfall, Agile methodologies, QA Testing Methodologies and teh inter - dependencies of teh phases through teh project life cycle.
- Skilled in Requirements elicitation techniques-conducting user interviews, document analysis, conducting JAD sessions, prototyping, surveys etc.
- Adept at documenting teh existing As-Is Systems, process flows and working on Business Process Reengineering/Gap Analysis of legacy systems.
- Proficient in analysing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and creating Functional Specification Documents.
- Experience in Data Profiling, Data Manipulating and Data Parsing using complex SQL queries against various Database Environments.
- Experience working on large datasets and data manipulation using complex SQL queries.
- Experience working wif Excel functions like Pivot, VLOOKUP and a working noledge of VBA.
- Experience on creating Source to Target Mapping documents, gathering business requirements from business/user, creating Process Flows and Data Flow Diagram (DFD). Working directly wif ETL team for data extraction, Data Quality (DQ) team for validation.
- Worked wif Data Management team for exceptional data handling.
- Hands on experience in testing ETL mappings and Business Object (BO) reports.
- Experienced wif writing and executing Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Good Analytical skills coupled wif excellent problem solving skills.
- Competent in developing Use Cases and creating Use Case Diagrams, Analysis model, Activity diagrams (UML methodology), process flow diagrams & Wireframes using Visio, Rational Rose and Enterprise Architect.
- Reviewed and assisted in creation of manual test plans, test scenarios, test cases for Functional, System, Integration and Regression Testing based on requirements. Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) based on teh Requirements document.
- Analysed defects and interacted wif QA / Development teams to fix issues using Defect Life Cycle tracking and Bug-reporting tools.
- Clear communication and interpersonal skills, wif ability to interact and convey precise technical details wif individuals at all levels.
- Open to dynamic work environment and ability to work collaboratively wif business analysts, testers, developers and other team members in teh overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Conducted training sessions wif power points presentations for junior analysts in Business Analysis Concepts.
Management Tools: MS Office, One Note, MS Project, MS Visio, Documentum, JIRA
Business Process Tools: SharePoint, Confluence, Slack, Rational DOORS, Requisite Pro
Test Management: QTP, Quality Center, Rational Quality Manager
Data Analysis: MS Excel, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, TOAD, SQL
Object Oriented Programs: C#, ASP.Net, UML
Methodologies: AGILE/SCRUM, RUP, Water Fall, STLC, Defect Life Cycle
Data Base/DWH/BI: Oracle, SQL Server, Tableau, SSRS, SSAS
Confidential, Riverside, RI
Sr Business Data Analyst
- Worked as a business analyst to build enterprise reporting system to Risk Management, Credit Risk, Support Risk Analysis, Securities and their Valuation, Asset Management, risks and returns, Bond Pricing, MBS, ABS, Derivatives (repos, interest rate swaps), Money Market Instruments and used strong noledge of financial statements, cash flow, Financing Structures, Capital Management, Portfolio Analysis, Budgeting, trade capture application, risk management, and Investment Accounting.
- Created cash flow models for Mortgage Backed Securities, Whole Loans, Structured Securities using Bloomberg, Intex and ADCO data
- Developed excel models to derive teh amortization schedule for Whole loan products and Mortgage Backed Securities
- Created data visualizations using Tableau, support end users on using Tableau Desktop and Server, and maintain projects and user groups on teh Tableau server
- Generated requirements for Capital Markets - Fixed Income Investment Management Business, Portfolio Management, Hedge funds, corporate actions, Brokerage and Trading Model wifin teh scope of both teh Front and Middle Office.
- Extracted teh Business Requirements from teh end users keeping in mind their need for teh application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Performed data analysis, data reconciliation and data retrieval from various systems along wif identification of data gaps and data quality issues
- Wrote specification to implement application feed for trade-processing lifecycles from pre-trade analysis to post-trade risk management, settlement and regulatory compliance wif SunGard's Capital Markets and Investment Banking solution.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support teh Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
- Reviewed teh data model and reporting requirements for Cognos Reports wif teh Data warehouse/ETL and Reporting team.
- Operating SWIFT messaging service for financial messages, such as letters of credits, payments, and securities transactions, between member banks worldwide.
- Translated business requirements into functional requirements and prepared an extensive project plan to reduce inter-company transactions in equity derivatives and foreign exchange trades.
- Lead multiple project teams of technical professionals through all phases of teh SDLC using technologies including Oracle, Erwin, Datastage, Data Warehousing, WebSphere and Cognos.
- Used Data warehousing for Data Profiling to examine teh data available in an existing database.
- Conducted market research and analysis in Capital Markets consisting of Stock Market and Bond Market
- Involved in Managing Data modelling project from Logical design and implementation of Sybase Database
- Worked on data modelling and produced data mapping and data definition documentation
- Used Informatica to extract and transform data from various DB2 database to teh data warehouse.
- Responsible for Data Extraction, Data Compilation, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation and Data Validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL Server 2005 environment
- Worked wif Data Warehouse in teh development and execution of data conversion, data cleaning and standardization strategies and plans as several small tables are combined into one single data repository system MDM (Master Data Management).
- Used Informatica to extract and transform data from various DB2 database to teh data warehouse.
- Develop User Manuals, and Training Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, Windows XP, Dreamweaver, RUP, SQL, PLSQL, XML, VB, ASP, UNIX, Crystal Reports, Adobe Photoshop, Mercury TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
- Created Interface test cases, report test cases, expected results validation, defect tracking using clear quest, version control using Clear Case VOB.
- Documented teh Process Flows for B2C and B2B in teh High Level Requirements Document.
- Worked on Oracle Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management modules including OM, Shipping and Execution, Pricing, Inventory, and AR.
- Experienced in designing Master Data Management CRUD & Business Processes required to run, improve, and transform teh business.
- Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations in Tableau to manipulate teh data.
- Used SQL queries for organizing and abstracting data from MS access data bases, created reports, forms on Ms Access.
- Captured Data flow diagrams and formatting of teh data flowing modeling through interfaces.
- Accumulated system requirements from various departments like accounting, IS (Information Systems) through surveys and interviews.
- Assigned tasks among development team monitored and tracked progress of project following agile methodology.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which halped synchronize teh different stakeholders on their objectives and halped teh developers to has a clear-cut picture of teh project
- Teh Supply Chain scope includes teh entire supply chain from production order to shipping & delivery and order management.
- Gathered Web Content Management requirements from business units, translated those requirements into wireframe designs, and delivered HTML and CSS wireframe prototypes to client for implementation.
- Extensive use of MS Office tools like MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project for data migration in to teh CI System Knowledge Data Base in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Provided expertise in strategic planning, business process modeling, business process analysis, object-oriented analysis & design, use case modeling, use case analysis, component-based development, and quality assurance.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Responsible for meetings wif users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve teh process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Conducted interviews, meetings and JAD sessions during teh process of Requirement Gathering
- Created exceptions report which were tan submitted to project lead and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Facilitated user acceptance testing and test strategies wif Information Systems Group.
- Performed manual front-end testing to check all functionalities of different modules.
- Demonstrated business on in-house developed Content Management System CMS template wif developers to deploy teh application.
- Developed strategies wif Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in RequisitePro and managed teh concurrence of teh parties involved wif respect to teh evaluation criterion
Environment: HTML, XML, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Agile, Rational Rose, JAD, MS Visio, UML, MS Project, SharePoint, Oracle 11i, MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel and MS Word.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Complete project leadership of ecommerce solution for target.com business platform for multiple sales channels - Business direct (B2B), Consumer Direct (B2C) and Retail channels using Microsoft Project for Web 2.0 architecture wif Agile software development.
- Monitored customer activity wif Digital Services and developed corrective action plans to address issues/defects.
- Participated in teh business processes conducted and controlled through Salesforce.com and requirements of teh tool
- Supported teh GSA (Manhattan's Professional Services Automation Tool) Roll Out globally
- Define technical goals and business processes for teh ecommerce platform.
- Experience wif packages like Endeca, ATG, FatWire, Sterling Commerce Yantra, Unica, e-Commerce, Demand Ware, etc.
- Help analyse, troubleshoot, and/or tune Sterling Commerce product performance or deployment issues when required
- Responsible for providing technical and functional expertise and direction for teh Sterling (formerly non as Yantra) OMS (Order Management System) delivery.
- Conceptualize and define an ecommerce platform that is highly available, highly scalable, wif low maintainability and high performance, built using reusable components and optimized
- Created estimates, budgets and shuffled resources between tasks as needed.
- Using Tableau to create executive dashboards for Supply Chain Management
- Help develop and propose Sterling OMS-centric processes, policies, and standards
- Expert noledge of Sterling Order Management System components, API's, and related Interfaces
- Created WBS, negotiated Triple Constraints, wrote RFP and evaluated proposals
- Full project lifecycle experience on several large, complex Sterling Commerce/Yantra solution implementations
- Worked wif internal users for bug management and bug triaging.
- Played a substantial role in defining processes and in gathering business and functional requirements for selecting teh right stock option for teh customers.
- Utilized Requisite Pro for preparing teh Business requirements document.
- Created data models and business process models using Rational Rose. Followed top down leveled technique for building teh Business Process Models.
- Participated in teh process of preparing verification master plan to clearly and concisely describe teh company's philosophy, expectations, and approach.
- Interacted wif Business Users to generate and review business test cases to upgrade User Interface system.
- Manage Risks: Risk management and mitigation. Anticipate, enumerate and plan for contingencies.
- Streamline operations and optimize resources for ecommerce platform.
- Detailed reporting on pre and post deployment activities and tasks.
- Define release plans for ecommerce platform wif release managers according to gathered information from various IT departments.
- Saved over $4.5 million over complete lifecycle of ecommerce project by incorporating advance research and implementing project optimization techniques.
Environment: Ascential Data Stage 6.x/7.x, Oracle 11i, Agile, Sterling/Yantra OMS, IBM DB2, Syncsort, Erwin 4.0, Business Objects 5.x, IBM AIX-UNIX 5.0, Windows NT, Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, COBOL, VSAM Files, TSO, MVS, ISPF, JCL, XML, XSLT, XSD, XML Spy.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Business Analyst/ QA
- Involved in analysing teh Mainframe Legacy System documents to understand teh business process, teh limitations and teh rules related to promotion management across teh stores as stated in teh BRD.
- Worked closely wif business users while facilitating teh requirements gathering sessions, analysing and verifying business & technical processes from teh stakeholders.
- Authored teh Functional Requirements Documents and validated it wif teh business.
- Created Activity diagram to define teh Coupon Data Flow and Screen Navigation Diagrams.
- Responsible for creating wireframes using MS Visio to design teh data field migration from teh old system to teh new platform.
- Worked wif teh Development lead in charting out a deployment plan for co-issuance of promotions and migrating to teh new systems.
- Assisted Testing lead in creating different Testing scenarios pertaining to teh various promotions and their interlinking, defined Test scripts and reviewed defects wif developers.
- Acted as a point person for teh business to halp them conduct teh UAT Testing.
- Interacted wif quality analysts to make sure that teh new screens meets requirements and managed defects through teh UAT and production phases.
- Used Quality Center for Planning, Execution and Bug Tracking.
- Worked on documenting for Version Control, to maintain up to date changes in teh documents.
- Provided end user training for users for teh new systems.
Environment: Oracle Database, Retek, SQL, Oracle Forms, Reports, MS Visio, HP QC, MS Project, TOAD
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes