Senior Business/data Analyst Resume
0/5 (Submit Your Rating)
- MBA with 10+ years of experience in Financial Services with strong skill set in Business Analysis, Oracle Functional Financial Analysis and Data Analysis.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OTC Derivatives, Equities, Bonds, Commodities, Futures, Derivatives (Forwards, Options, and Swaps), Foreign Exchange, Credit and Market Risk.
- Strong communications and inter personal skills with the ability to co - ordinate and network with multiple stakeholders to successfully deliver critical applications / solutions.
- Proficient in writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experienced in working with Front, Middle, & Back office users to eliciting detailed requirements.
- Proficiency working in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) and project management life cycle (PMLC).
- Hands on experience with RUP, Waterfall, and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- In depth experience in creating business process work flow diagrams on white board as well as in Visio.
- Expertise in gathering & analyzing requirements using UML and convert them into functional specifications.
- Profound ability to create detailed BRDs, FRDs and model Business / System Use Cases.
- Hands on experience creating test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Strong knowledge about data warehouse concepts and principals and ETL process.
- Strong data analysis/data mapping/data conversion experience
- Trained and certified on AML for the years 2015 and 2016.
- MS Excel
- RTC IBM pivot table
- VBA Macro
- MS Project
- IBM Rational Products
- Enterprise Architect
- TIBCO Spotfire
- Oracle financials
- Oracle SCM
- Oracle BI
- Oracle Business Objects
- JIRA; Bloomberg
- Charles River
- Risk Matrix
- Oracle 10g
- MS SQL Server
- Query Analyzer
Senior Business/Data Analyst
- Worked on end to end implementation on COL (Currency online) dual account set up and Currency Online (T + 1) tie out.
- Worked on building T+1 tie out DataWare house and reconciliation COL and external systems (Reuters, RITS, Portia, RKS, PRKS) to identify the discrepancies.
- Gatheird business requirement through JAD sessions and translated business and functional requirement into technical specification.
- Performed data analysis from all the source systems and target system and documented same like NAV (Net asset value), Hedge ratio (HR), Amalgamation process, relationship between HR and NAV etc to report any outage or data discrepency.
- Wrote stories for developers on different key matrics including: NAV, Benchmark, Trades, Types of trades (Size and portfolio details), and cashflows.
- Evaluated and documented Order Management System(OMS).
- Created dashboards to visually reflect financial parameters me-e NAV,Var,HR,Benchmarks by using business intelligence tool Tableau.
- Writing epics, stories and tasks for self and developers in RTC with acceptance criteria.
- Part of testing team in COL dual account set up system and performed UAT with business users.
- Evaluated and resolving defects by assigning to UI developers into RTC (IBM).
- Attended daily update meetings with onshore and offshore team using Agile methodology.
Senior Business/Data Analyst
- Designed and developed workflow documentation and functional specifications for the Sell Side Order Management Systems.
- Supported various Front Office trading applications such as Minerva Order Management System (OMS) and sell Side execution management System (EMS).
- Created Risk Reporting dashboards usingSpotfire.
- Provided major enhancements to manage Settlement via STP with Omgeo (CTM, OASYS, SWIFT, FIX), Hedge Funds, Fund of Funds, Portfolio Rebalancing, Repos and Swaps, which provided a complete trading systems solution, streamlined processes and greatly increased sales.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to process the files - extracting date from the file, removing junk characters from the file etc. before loading the data into base tables.
- Created PL/SQL packages, procedures, triggers, functions, indexes and collections to implement business logic.
- Created different data models, performed data analysis and data mapping across various systems.
- Maintained data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Maintained client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Determined changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
- Changed database system by coding database descriptions.
- Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions.
- Gatheird requirement from US based sell-side brokers and create implementation analysis documents for the development of their Confidential US Trading Platform.
- Analyzed customer front, middle, and back-office workflows and provided solutions withFidessa technology. These workflows include electronic trading, baskets trading, algorithmic trading, IOIs, trade adverts, compliance, reporting, block allocation, and confirmation.
- Managed numerous projects at a time, which included, time and resource management, as well as, managing BA's, QA's and developers globally to implement the systems.
- Gatheird, analyzed and documented requirements from the business sponsors, including design documents, for the core trading systems products, sales and ticketing systems and HR data warehouse. Coordinated testing and trained users.
- Managed and Organized schedules, deadlines, Task Review meetings, Project Status, Defect tracking using JIRA.
- Worked on Broker/Dealer and Banking related regulations such as, EMIR, Dodd- Frank and MIFID
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Lead FIPS (fixed income products) team for BI-SAM project to integrate different data sources to feed into BI-SAM to facilitate performance attribution reporting for Portfolio Managers.
- Perform GAP Analysis for BI Sam application implementation and come up with recommendations.
- Identified system requirements for BI-SAM for indexes, portfolio, securities, and Benchmarks data for the implementation which required Global Fixed Income Funds and corresponding Indices, Benchmarks along with Sleeve Benchmarks.
- Worked closely with multiple business units and a data solutions engineer to identify key information that will enhance business decision-making.
- Performed extensive data analysis to identify data anomalies and gaps using complex SQL queries.
- Created data dictionary and data manipulation artifacts for development team explaining all aspects of required data.
- Created report mockups and documented data requirements and data flows for BI Sam project implementation.
- Created test cases and performed UAT using various tools for creating, validating, testing and running these test scenarios.
- Generated Comprehensive performance and Asset Allocation reports and reports for Income,Gain & Loss, Fixed Income, Equity sectors, and Risk Analysis.
- Converted Business Requirements documents into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specification.
- Created and transformed business requirements into software requirement specification (SRS) and designed business models using UML diagrams such as use case model, class diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and collaboration diagrams in MS Visio theirby helping development and quality assurance in understanding the requirements.
- Worked on ESMA/MAS/ CFTC/CME reporting requirements for various asset class
Environment: Risk Metrics, Barra Risk, Bloomberg Terminal, MS Visio, MS SQL, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access), SharePoint, JIRA, HP ALM.
Oracle Functional Business Analyst
- Worked on financials, SCM, and HRMS module as a functional consultant.
- Implemented Oracle EB Tax module.
- Prepared requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations.
- Analyzed customer business and competitive position of industry.
- Defined test conditions and develop accurate and complete test plans.
- Worked closely with end users and technical teams for developing reports.
- Worked with the development team in clarifying requirements issues.
- Participated in daily stand up meeting with the team.
- Worked closely with the QA team and assisted them in identifying test cases and test scenarios.
- Conducted testing whenever required.
- Got better understanding of SQL queries while getting develop reports.
- Coordinated with Oracle SR team for resolution of issues
- Acted as a bridge between technical team and different department for development of reports
- GAP analysis to identify essential customizations and workarounds.
- Gatheird and reworking client data for input into the system.
- Carry out BPR (Business Process Review) to understand the current processes of Client.
- Reviewing, updating and closing queries created by end users in Oracle Siebel CRM
Oracle Functional Business Analyst
- Post Implementation support on Modules: GL, AP, AR, FA, CM and Inventory
- Coordinated with reports development team to transfer requirements wherever required.
- Performed UAT (User acceptance test) of reports already developed and also for newly
- Developed reports before formal release to users.
- Collected queries from different departments and solve accordingly with technical teams.
- Developed Reports layouts and parameterization as per instructions of ERP head.
- Supported in all financials and non financials functional responsibilities.
- Monitored new ERP trends to identify potential benefits and risk analysis.
- Reviewed of Functional Design Documents and Give training to end users on Documents and changes.
- Assisted ERP head by providing required data from application to resolve the SR from Oracle.
- Tested of all modules financials and non-financials modules
- Used following financial & non-financial modules of Oracle R-12: Oracle General Ledger, Oracle Payable, Oracle Receivables, Oracle Cash Management, Oracle Assets, Order Management, Oracle Purchase Management, Oracle Inventory
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes