Bi Project Lead Resume
Fort Mill, SC
- Seeking a senior management position in Business Intelligence (BI)/ Data Warehousing (DW)/ where I can utilize several years of my relevant experience.
- Strong Data warehousing skills including ETL and end - user access issues.
- Extensive expertise designing and implementing enterprise-wide data warehouse and business intelligence programs.
- Managed a BI team from operational perspective meeting internal & external SLAs.
- Experienced in managing centralized EDWs as well as subject oriented data marts.
- Provide technology leadership in the areas of data warehouse, business intelligence and reporting
- Experienced in multiple software development methodologies like iterative approach.
- Experience in Initiation of the Project and Scoping the Project
- Managed projects to ensure that deliverables are met within schedule, budget, & quality.
- Present high-level analytics to key stakeholders and executives
- Demonstrated ability to bridge the gap between IT, Business Users, & Senior Management
- Ability to develop & maintain effective relationships with stakeholders & business partners.
- Work with Business Teams and Technology teams to prioritize on-going BI demands
- Broad experience in BI as Project Manager, IT Liaison and Engagement Manager.
- Strong Business analysis and project management expertise
- Ability to effectively lead, build, deliver, and execute complex global BI initiatives.
- Developed and executed various business intelligence training program
- Effectively managed globally dispersed teams of up-to 10 members.
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight time lines
- Highly Experienced in Banking & Financial, Auto Manufacturing, Insurance, Aftermarket Service Product & Warranty domains
Business Intelligence: IBM Cognos BI 10.2/10.1/8.4 , SAS, Microstrategy 8.0, Tableau,Informatica 7.1, AbinitioDatabases
Database: Oracle 9i/8i/7.x, SQL Server 2000, Db2, TeradataOperating Systems
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7.0, UNIX, SunOS 5.8Languages
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Processes: IBM’s QMS (Quality Management System), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Confidential, Fort Mill, SC
BI Project Lead
- Understand the source legacy systems and work with DTNA IT team to design & develop Warranty Data warehouse & Data mart
- Defining the vision and high level objectives for the project
- Provide project direction and technical solutions to complex business problems gather and prioritize business and technical requirements identify business and technical drivers for the project
- Documenting the detailed Project Plan
- Ensuring that all required resources are assigned to the project and clearly tasked
- Managing assigned resources according to the defined scope of the project
- Provide essential inputs to IT team to define specific BI projects and prioritizing those projects based on business requirements
- Analyze the feasibility of the new system and develop requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems and ensure the system design fits the needs of the business users.
- Work closely with senior executives and their teams to understand their information needs, ensuring that Business Intelligence (BI) strategy and agreed solutions are an excellent fit to their evolving needs
- Liaison between ASP Business team and IT Development team in order to provide technical solutions to meet business needs
- Leverage Business Knowledge and serve as SME on Warranty Analytics application
- Involved in planning, execution, and monitoring BI Analytics & Reporting Projects
- Educate the IT organization on the direction of the business and vice-versa
- Involved in Rate Planning, Pricing & OP Meetings
- Support organizational needs for ad-hoc reporting and presentations
- Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of analytics, projects and initiatives
- Maintain document library on Sharepoint
Environment: Cognos BI 10.2/10.1,Power Play, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, MS Access 2007, STATA,SAS,Tablae Enterprise Guide, Informatica
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
DWBI Analytics - Project Lead
- Involved in scoping of the project to convert the existing tables/Systems to Enterprise Banking Data warehouse
- Understand the existing Source System and existing Database/Source Systems
- Define the scope of the project to convert existing SAS/Cognos Reports pointing to new data source(Enterprise Banking Data warehouse/Data Mart)
- Documenting the objectives, constraints and scope of the system
- Gathering Business & Functional Requirements from the End users & subject matter experts
- Created Functional Specification documents to convert existing BI Reports sourcing from legacy to new BI Reports sourcing from Data warehouse
- Review Mapping documents, Mapping tables/fields from Source system to IBM’S Banking Data warehouse Model(BDWM)/Tables and mapping fields from IBM’S BDW Model to Semantic views in Teradata
- Identify the system gaps between the existing system and the new Data warehouse(BDWM)
- Work with IBM’s Data modeling team to work on the gaps and update the data model/data base/tables as per the business requirement
- Analysed business requirements to develop functional and detail design specifications of the application
- Involved deep-dive functional reporting requirements
- Perform & identify the risk factor based on the changes in the data model & ETL code
- Developed Analytical reporting requirements
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers
- Assessed the issues in the existing source system and made clear recommendations of Business Process Improvements and incorporated them in the target system design
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows and requirements
- Perform detail analysis of databases and source systems to identify potential data issues
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Create and maintain the project documentation for customer domain and upload the documents to SharePoint on daily basis
Environment: UNIX, Windows XP, Cognos 8.1/8.4,Cognos Impromptu, Power Play, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Data stage IIS, Teradata, MS Access 2007, Quality Center
Confidential, Foster City, CA
BI Analytics Developer/BSA
- Involved in Gathering Business & Functional Requirements from the End users, subject matter experts and from the member banks.
- Involved in creating the metadata by building schema objects that map to columns in the data warehouse.
- Created various metrics in Micro Strategy like simple, Nested, and Compound and derived, which are used as analytical calculations to perform against the data warehouse.
- Created Various Micro strategy Reports like consolidated Reports, Custom based Reports, Simple reports, Branding reports
- Created complex reports using advanced reporting functions like level metrics, Conditional metrics, derived metrics and advanced filters.
- Created various reports using various prompts like object prompts, Value Prompts & Level prompts.
- Created various Geo coding reports for the merchants and the visa customers.
- Created various reports to track the merchant sales volume and monitoring the merchants on every day basis.
- Developed various Adhoc reports as per the business requirement.
- Created a project using PURISMA Software Tool to cleanse the merchant information like merchant name, merchant geography location details etc.
- Provided enriched geo information by using Group1,Address Now & Code 1 Plus tools
- Involved in automation of the Merchant identification & Tracking process.
- Worked closely with the offshore team and maintained the team for the merchant project.
- Provided 24/7 User Support.
- Developed scorecard & dashboard reports on merchant behavior analysis
- Performed Unit Testing for all the developed reports and Migrated Reports using functional build document.
- Provided End User training.
Environment: UNIX, Windows XP, Microstrategy 8.0,Abintio, DB2, Oracle 9.X, MS Access 2007, TOAD 7.6
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Involved in Gathering Business & Functional Requirements from the End users, SME’S, BA & Functional teams.
- Analyzing the specifications provided by the clients
- Created various technical Specification Documents of Inventory Management & Accounting and Sales & PO Interfaces.
- Created test cases as part of design of Technical Specifications.
- Interacted with end users to identify key dimensions and measures that were relevant to quantitative metrics in the analysis
Environment: Cognos 8.1, ORACLE 9i, TOAD 7.2, Access Manager, IIS, Windows XP Pro, Cognos Transformer, Power Play
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Installation and integration of Cognos Series 7 and Cognos ReportNet
- Created and maintained the catalogs.
- Responsible in getting the business requirements from the user and transforming it functionally using DW&BI Methodology.
- Created various Impromptu Reports.
- Created Drill-Thru Reports as per the user requirement.
- Created IQD’S using the IMR’S for Building the cubes.
- Created various dimensions, Hierarchies and measures as per the requirement.
- Created Models using Transformer and thus created Cognos Power Cubes.
- Created Impromptu Web Reports.
- Published Drill-Thru’s to cognos upfront on web.
- Used Power Play Enterprise Server to deploy Powerplay reports, cubes and created necessary settings to drill through from cubes
- Created packages using Frame Work Manager for reporting in Report Studio and Query Studio
- Created Ad hoc and canned reports using Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio and Cognos Power Play
- Created drill through reports for drilling through from PowerPlay Cubes to ReportNet reports
- Created complex reports involving Prompts in Report Studio
- Created Dashboards in Report Studio involving a mixture of data coming from both the database and PowerPlay cubes
- Cognos administration activities like creating and maintaining user groups, exporting cubes, packages and reports from Dev to Prod environments, scheduling cube builds, publishing the cubes on PowerPlay enterprise server, scheduling reports etc
- Provided end user training and facilitating them in building reports
- Created Migration specs and documents.
- Responsible for migrating cognos 7 to cognos 8.1 environment and also test the models,cubes and reports before migrating it to production environment.
- Publish reports to Upfront, the Cognos Web portal, to make them available to users as News Items in HTML, PDF, Excel and CSV format and are organized in News Boxes
- Created Snapshot reports on monthly basis and thus published the same on upfront.
- Created User Accounts upon the request and provided them with Access & Certain Privileges as per the Requirement of the User.
- Performed testing the cubes and Reports.
- Performance enhancements of Reports & Cubes.
- Scheduling & Running the cubes on daily basis on UNIX, In order to refresh & updated the cubes.
- Migration of models and cubes to UNIX production server from windows.
- Created Shell scripts for running the cubes on UNIX.
- Designed & Tested disaster Recovery Plan for the Entire Datawarehuse.
- Currently working as 24/7 production support in order to run the cubes on daily basis, modifying reports, Shell scripts, User Account Management.
Environment: Unix, Windows NT, Oracle 8i, Clarify, Cognos 7.3/Cognos 8.0, ReportNet 1.1,Framework Manager, Impromptu Administrator, Transformer, Powerplay, IWR, Upfront, Power Play Enterprise server, Oracle 8.1,MS Access 2003.
- Responsible in Designing the ETL process to structure the warehouse as per the Business requirement.
- Created the mappings in Informatica to Extract, Transform & Loading of the Data from various source systems to Data Marts
- Responsible in maintaining & loading the data into Datamart.
- Performed data analysis on source & target systems
- Responsible in updating catalog with the changes occurred in definition of tables in Database.
- Formulated joins strategy to improve the performance of reports.
- Interacted with business in identifying key dimensions and measures.
- Created and maintained Audit log files.
- Provided data extracts to key stakeholders for their data analysis
- Created and maintained data mappings & transformation logic in the mapping documents
- Involved in System Testing and worked closely with the testing team in resolving the defects
- Involved in scheduling the Informatica jobs on Unix server
Environment: Windows 2000, Informatica 5.0,Oracle 8.1.MS Access 2000
- Product Overview
- Analysis Of system.
- Designed Logical and Physical data modeling using ERWIN 3.5.2.
- Designed database for Account Module of the system along with the entire
- Developed the user interface using Visual Basic 6.0.
- Designed, developed and implemented the database using Oracle 7.3 & MS Access 97.
- Report generation using Seagate Crystal Reports 7.0.
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, ERWIN 3.5.2, Oracle 7.3, Seagate Crystal Reports 7.0, MS Access 97
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes